She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4975 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4962, Scioness Sajj wrote:GG guys, thanks for hosting RC
Sorry for hammering you. Not one of my proudest moments. :oops:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4966, Commander Shepard wrote:Gg all I am okay with releasing PTs

And I lied to Shoshin I didn’t trust you at all. The claim was sketchy as fuck. I am quite surprised you were town. And that site rule is there for a reason.
What site rule?

I actually disagree it was sketchy - it would depend on when she revealed it: before or after Nico flip.

Before: not sketchy at all; after: meh
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4970, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 4969, Shoshin wrote:
In post 4966, Commander Shepard wrote:Gg all I am okay with releasing PTs

And I lied to Shoshin I didn’t trust you at all. The claim was sketchy as fuck. I am quite surprised you were town. And that site rule is there for a reason.
I realize you lied to me... but it's okay... you didn't trust I was town, I didn't trust you to lynch scum...

What site rule?

That if bodyguards don’t die protecting PRs they are scum.
Are you unaware of the macho modifier?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4972, Ankamius wrote:I will go into my thoughts later

But Shoshin, you were wrong. We would have likely won faster if you died night 3
I agree with this because had you died D3, your random suspicions would have been taken far more seriously.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4973, Shoshin wrote:

But Shoshin, you were wrong. We would have likely won faster if you died night 3
Doubtful. Look at how this played out.

We mislynched once after D3, on Sajj. If Nancy hadn't accidentally hammered, maybe we don't mislynch at all. Either way, the result isn't bad. After N3, we lynched 3 scum and 1 town. That's a fast win by any measure.

If I had died N3, would town have mislynched Sajj? Probably yes, because she was Shepard's top suspect and you specifically said she was scum if I flipped town. You add in Sajj's lie, Wheme's whimsical vote, Nancy's accidental hammer, etc. and Sajj is almost certainly mislynched again. And it'd be disingenuous for you to say in hindsight that you wouldn't have mislynched Sajj when that was who you expressly wanted to lynch.

You also said Random/Wisdom were obvtown and that Wheme was the last scum if both myself and Sajj flip town. That doesn't give me any assurance that we would have won "faster," if anything it worries me that we would have lost. If I die N3, scum kill Shepard/Nancy on N4 & N5, leaving you, Random, Wisdom, Wheme, and the worst in LYLO. Given what you said about Wheme, why should anyone believe we even win if I die N3?

I let Shepard die to keep my voice in the game, and while that might run against your theory of how mafia or bodyguard is supposed to be played, the results speak for themselves.
Maybe you’re right but your reaction at the time to CS’s death and overreaction on Angel was a big part of what made people suspicious of you. Also, CS would have also pushed random lynch and would have likely gotten it. Yes, you hands down, had the best scumhunting instincts of anyone in the game and you 100% deserve credit for that but your constant let’s lynch random posts, actually had the opposite effect. Although if I was in another game with you, I’d obviously view that differently.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4978, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

I agree with this because had you died D3, your random suspicions would have been taken far more seriously.
I doubt it. You didn't trust Nico on Random after she died, you didn't trust Shepard on Random after he died, and you ultimately didn't trust Reality on Random/Wisdom after she died. So why would you have trusted trusted me?

In general, dying means your reads get ignored... that's been my experience in most games... unless you have a strong reputation for good reads, which I don't have because nobody has played with me before...

This is one of those games where only a few of the very best players will be able to appreciate my play because most others can't get past a stilted theory about how bodyguard is supposed to work.

Considering how misguided both you and Ank were reads-wise, I think maybe instead of blaming me for your bad reads you should take this opportunity to learn from where you went wrong.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4968, NicoRobin wrote:I actually knew Angel was town since N2.....but couldn't tell you because dead....
I wish you had investigated TPF instead of me, since I was so obvtown, scum chose to redirect me over anyone else in the game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4980, Shoshin wrote:
In post 4978, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

I doubt it. You didn't trust Nico on Random after she died, you didn't trust Shepard on Random after he died, and you ultimately didn't trust Reality on Random/Wisdom after she died. So why would you have trusted trusted me?

In general, dying means your reads get ignored... that's been my experience in most games... unless you have a strong reputation for good reads, which I don't have because nobody has played with me before...

This is one of those games where only a few of the very best players will be able to appreciate my play because most others can't get past a stilted theory about how bodyguard is supposed to work.

Considering how misguided both you and Ank were reads-wise, I think maybe instead of blaming me for your bad reads you should take this opportunity to learn from where you went wrong.
I would have trusted your reads because CS would have continued to push random. As I said befire, it was mostly your reaction to his death and not your decision to not protect him, that made me scumread you. Scumreading you because of that made me think random was town. You can argue all you want about how ridiculous you think that is but I was hardtown reading you until that point.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4964, Wisdom wrote:given the cards i was dealt, I think i did the best i could
traitor sucks. I couldn't bus random, and i had no say in the nightkills. I wasn't lying that id never make those kills.
Even so, i think that was easily a win until tw gladiated me, so good job tw.
gg
Well we know why Tally replaced out. :giggle:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4959, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 4958, the worst wrote:it surprised me too tbqh but when I reread your ISO it did make a bit of sense (you were one of the townier players, and there was a lot of value in keeping the WIFOM of the underground hood alive for d2). I was so so sad when I saw the flip though. what a badass power.
i knoooooow

it is one of the coolest powers i've ever gotten outside a bastard game
It’s one of the coolest roles ever. The worst was right, you obviously got strongmanned. I wish @Creature , @Chicadee , @randomidget would weigh in on this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Anyway, gg everyone. @the worst - GOAT.

Thanks RC for hosting one of the coolest games ever. Please prein me for the next one.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Wisdom »

from one point of view its probably fair this scumteam didnt win
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4979, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Maybe you’re right but your reaction at the time to CS’s death and overreaction on Angel was a big part of what made people suspicious of you. Also, CS would have also pushed random lynch and would have likely gotten it. Yes, you hands down, had the best scumhunting instincts of anyone in the game and you 100% deserve credit for that but your constant let’s lynch random posts, actually had the opposite effect. Although if I was in another game with you, I’d obviously view that differently.
I reacted to Shepard's death in the way I felt. I wasn't happy to lose a confirmed townie, but I felt that my voice was more important. That's not scummy, as this game should make clear to you.

I didn't overreact to Angel's death. I wasn't happy she was mislynched, which isn't scummy because scum don't get upset over mislynches. I strongly wanted you to reevaluate your reads in light of Angel's death, which also isn't scummy because scum hate townies who constantly reevaluate reads.

As for Random, what am I supposed to do when people are townreading the scum? Like, if you're in that position, what do you do? You keep pushing a lynch on scum.

I think you have a lot to learn about how scum think and my biggest gripe with you is that I didn't feel like you were taking the mislynches in the game as opportunities to learn from mistakes. When I mislynch someone, I always go back to figure out exactly where I went wrong. I didn't see that from you and that's why I was upset with you. Based on that, I figured you'd mislynch me and then blame me for the mislynch, same as you blamed Angel for hers. It's good that you're apologetic about the Sajj mislynch, though. That's a good sign.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4988 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4982, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I would have trusted your reads because CS would have continued to push random. As I said befire, it was mostly your reaction to his death and not your decision to not protect him, that made me scumread you. Scumreading you because of that made me think random was town. You can argue all you want about how ridiculous you think that is but I was hardtown reading you until that point.
You thought Random was town from D2 and my case didn't make any difference even though you townread me at the time. Feel free to look back at the case, because it's 100% dead on.

I hope you learn. I'm not saying it's ridiculous that you suspected me after I didn't protect Shepard, though it's undeniably misguided that you continued to suspect me when I addressed all your concerns, plus had Reailty's result confirming my role, plus defended the Sajj mislynch. Rather than blame my behavior, learn from it. Now you know what I did isn't scummy.

If you learn from mistakes, that's fine. I don't mind that you mislynched Angel, but I do mind that you try to justify it instead of learning. In the same way, if you instead blame your townread on Random on the fact that I didn't bodyguard Shepard, then what is there to say? That's not how you learn. You townread Random back when you were hardtown on me, so that's something you need to reeevaluate on its own terms, rather than blaming me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4989 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4986, Wisdom wrote:from one point of view its probably fair this scumteam didnt win
I think being a traitor is worse than SK almost. I played in a game where half of the scum didn’t know their teammates.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4990 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4980, Shoshin wrote: Considering how misguided both you and Ank were reads-wise, I think maybe instead of blaming me for your bad reads you should take this opportunity to learn from where you went wrong.
I am so close to just going on a full rant instead of making this a learning experience for you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4991 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

ank given that I spoiled you and you still insisted that I was lying to you and that randomidget was town maybe shoshin isn't the person who should learn from this game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4992 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:54 am

like idk as the mod you guys berating the person who caught the scum team d2 because they didn't suicide to protect a person whose reads were all dead wrong seems pretty silly to me

think a lot of this is just you all siding against shoshin because she's an outsider relatively
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4993 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

Uhhhh RC

I don't remember you telling me any alignments but Shoshin's
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4994 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

It's possible I missed it but I definitely didn't read any others
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4995 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4992, RadiantCowbells wrote:like idk as the mod you guys berating the person who caught the scum team d2 because they didn't suicide to protect a person whose reads were all dead wrong seems pretty silly to me

think a lot of this is just you all siding against shoshin because she's an outsider relatively
Shoshin is good. Don’t get me wrong.

She does deserve props for this game.

However saying you know more than the entire town is incredibly risky to say the least.
If Shoshin was wrong and town it would have been very very bad.

That rule for bodyguard exists for a reason. Same with a couple other PRs.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4996 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4995, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4992, RadiantCowbells wrote:like idk as the mod you guys berating the person who caught the scum team d2 because they didn't suicide to protect a person whose reads were all dead wrong seems pretty silly to me

Shoshin is good. Don’t get me wrong.

She does deserve props for this game.

However saying you know more than the entire town is incredibly risky to say the least.
If Shoshin was wrong and town it would have been very very bad.

That rule for bodyguard exists for a reason. Same with a couple other PRs.
^^ Commander Shepard derp.

Make it all game without slipping then do in post game

#facepalm
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4997 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:16 am

Ok mb I mixed you up with someone else who did what I said

You were still utterly certain town was scum so =[
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4998 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 am

Math that's not a site rule and if she had died for you town would have lost this I am almost certain.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4999 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I’m not berating her. I fully acknowledged that she had the best scumhunting instincts bar none. I don’t hold it against her that she didn’t protect CS, rather her reaction to his death. When she expressed her anger at him.policy lynching her - as totally justified as it may have been, it just wasn’t AGL at the time, IMO. I also thought her reaction to someone who BOTH by role and play was toxic and anti-town was over the top. Fortunately, the worst and me, had serious misgivings about Reality’s highly questionable scumdoc theory ahd her laying into me prior to the worst gladiating Wisdom didn’t do her any favours, so it’ not as black and white as either you and Reality make it is my point.

I agree that Reality hurt town by hard defending TPF, trying to delay Creature lynch, pushing Shoshin lynch D2 and insisting on us following her scumdoc theory. I also think her telling us to lynch Sajj, played right into scum’s hands but tbf to her, Sajj also did herself no favours about lying about it not being a 1-shot and I was stupid to hammer. \_0_/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”