Murder Riddle (Solved)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

(Personally, I think all the splitting up of the characters was entirely stupid. They all need to stick together, so that if there is an outside killer then they will be caught, and if the killers are among the characters, then there is no time to kill anyone else without being discovered.)

So we know that the culprits must be contained in the final three plus anyone who may have potentially not really died, but was fake-killed by another culprit, correct?
Also, do we know who is who's parent? I keep seeing "Mom" and "Dad"... is that reliable?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:05 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 8, Blackberry wrote:Ah, I see what you're saying.

In fact, the only way for Yarn to be a culprit is if both Zeus and Ryax are also culprits, as they both stated it can't be Yarn. In which case, if all three were culprits, they would not have had the said dialogue at the end.

So knowing that Yarn is innocent. We can go back and look through Yarn's statements. For example, Yarn said Jezz was dead. If Jezz was dead we also know Jezz can't be a culprit because culprits can't die. Therefore, all Jezz's statements will be true too.
Um... I thought that culprits can decide to tell the truth or not. So they could have all been culprits, and sometimes told the truth and other times lied, no?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 11, Blackberry wrote:The only way for Yarn to be bad is if in fact all three remaining survivors are the culprits. But the dialogue at the end wouldn't make sense if all three were bad.
How would it not make sense?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 13, Blackberry wrote:
In post 12, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 11, Blackberry wrote:The only way for Yarn to be bad is if in fact all three remaining survivors are the culprits. But the dialogue at the end wouldn't make sense if all three were bad.
How would it not make sense?
If all three were culprits - it'd be pointless for them to discuss the mystery amongst eachother because they'd already know that they're all that's left and they'd accomplished their objective.

Although I guess there's nothing in the rules that would prohibit three culprits at the end "acting" like they don't know what's going on. So technically sure it's possible all three are bad. But in terms of theme it'd be silly for the three culprits to be faking dialogue amongst eachother.
What if they all are culprits but do not
know
they are all culprits? Perhaps those three independently decided to do murders and each feared being the only culprit among 2 other innocents, so they tried to "act normal".

I am only going to this length because apparently Yarn being innocent makes a whole bunch of others innocent, but the argument for Yarn innocent still does not seem rock solid to me.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 18, Blackberry wrote:Alright, I'm going to post a theory and see what happens ^_^.

WILLIAM
William is a culprit.

William and Alex's "death" occurred when the eight others were all together. So either one of them committed the murders and faked their own death. Or one of the eight that previously died was a culprit and committed the murders.

However, none of the previous 8 that died would have a key anymore and could not create the lock room scenario that resulted in Alex's death. Even if they killed one of

We know 100% Alex did not fake his death, as the narration states Alex died.

William must have killed Alex. Dropped his key near Alex's body and took Alex's key. Locked Alex's door. Went to his own room, locked it from the inside and faked his death.

It's possible Xerzes or Fracie also killed both of them, then took the time to go to one's room, swap the keys and then take it back to the other room and hid in William's room... but that would take time to go back and forth after killing them and there was likely not enough time to do this.

RYAX
Ryax is a culprit.

Ryax is a culprit because Ryax lied. During William and Alex's death, the only people that could have killed the victim(s) were Xerzes, Fracie, or William. However, Ryax confirmed all of their deaths. Therefore, Ryax is a culprit.

ZEUS
Zeus is a culprit.

Zeus is a culprit because he was the only person that could create the locked room mystery that resulted in the dad's death in the locked bathroom. He was the only suspect with a key that could lock the bathroom door after the murder was committed.
However, if Ryax is guilty, then does that not imply that Yarn is also guilty? I propose the following amendment:
Yarn is a culprit.

Yarn appears to have lied by saying that Ryax could not have killed anyone. Yet apparently Ryax is a culprit, hence Yarn also lied.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 22, Blackberry wrote:I'll try to post a case later. I'll start with dad's murder. Because I think that's the easiest to write out and prove who was involved with the murder.
When is this "later"?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:12 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

So I was trying to figure out how Jezz died. Yarn says that it is impossible for anyone to leave through the first floor window in the "deaths" of the first six, yet from the looks of things, Jezz was killed by someone who left through an even higher window. So either:
(1) Yarn lied,
(2) The person who killed Jezz used the window as a fake, or
(3) The study window has something different that allows a killer to escape and survive.

I am not really sure how any of them could work, though.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 26, Blackberry wrote:there was no loud bangs.
Except, how do we know that? A culprit could have heard the bang and done nothing about it.
EDIT: Yarn said Jezz was shot dead. So if that is false, Yarn would be a culprit.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:21 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

So we KNOW that Alex, Orange, Luka, Sarah, Flaming, Thorus, and Watson (7/18) are clear.
And we think that if Yarn is clear (which I am skeptical of), then that clears five more.

Sometimes when solving, say, a Sudoku and it is really hard, the best strategy is to make a guess that gives information, solve from there, and see if it leads to a contradiction. If so, erase anything you obtained from it, and use the other option.
Maybe we should do that for the murder riddle:
assume
that Yarn is clear, and either it leads to (1) a solution, in which case we win, or (2) a contradiction, in which case we have 1 confirmed culprit.

Cleared for sure
: Alex, Orange, Luka, Sarah, Flaming, Thorus, Watson
Cleared subjunctively
: Yarn, Jezz, Fen, Tech, Nate, Takumi
Not cleared
: Xerxes, Fracie, Zeus, Ryax, William

So now we should go through the murders and look for who could have killed whom.
1-6: No information here. Any of the uncleared five could have done it.
7-8: Do we think that Ryax is claiming Zeus did not kill Sarah+Flaming? (Not that is matters, as murder 10 implies Ryax is unreliable.)
9: The culprit did not escape but no one checked for people hiding in the room. William either had his room key or the killer left it there.
10: Now this one is interesting. No one is hiding and the windows are locked, but the group was away for a while. That means that Alex was killed by someone who "died" earlier. (And, I just rediscovered other people's already-posted theories: it was Xerxes, Fracie, or William. Blackberry's theory has a flaw -- Xerxes + Fracie could have worked together to do that.)
11: Ryax and Zeus were away when the Orange murder happened. This one seems like it must have been Fracie, unless Xerxes or William managed to get a hold of the key to Orange's room.
12: Ryax was away, again. Zeus looks like he was away, but Luka's "Indeed" was not purple. But in the next two murders, Jezz confirms that none of the known-alives could be the killer here. So once again, this was either Xerxes, Fracie, or William.
13-14: I am not sure how this scene happened. So, a killer came in, killed Luka, grabbed the gun, got shot but survived, and then fatally shot Fen? See, this was in open space, so there is nothing to tell that this is either Xerxes, Fracie, or William.
15: Any chance that someone managed to sneak in another gun? Two guns are used up, a third MAY be used up, and Ryax+Zeus have the other two. I think Ryax lied that the gun next to Tech was unloaded. That, or a past culprit has a secret reserve of either guns or bullets.

This is getting me nowhere. I think the keys will have something to do with this whole thing. That is the one thing I have been mostly ignoring. Though given that most of the key information comes from unreliable characters... (and Zeus and Fracie have master keys, right?)

And one last thing, Yarn said in purple text that Ryax is "nice and gentle". I am not sure what the implications are, but at the very least, it seems like Ryax did not participate in the fighting scenes. (But we already know that from other means.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 29, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Meta guess: Xerxes invited everyone so he could kill them.
Considering that this has stalled recently, I think we should spend more time actually trying to either
(1) prove or disprove the "Yarn is innocent" hypothesis, or
(2) figure out what is going on with all the keys.

Another option is to expand the theory so that the mod has to actually give a disproving clue. Here is my add on.

WILLIAM
William is a culprit.

William and Alex's "death" occurred when the eight others were all together. So either one of them committed the murders and faked their own death. Or one of the eight that previously died was a culprit and committed the murders.

However, none of the previous 8 that died would have a key anymore and could not create the lock room scenario that resulted in Alex's death. Even if they killed one of

We know 100% Alex did not fake his death, as the narration states Alex died.

William must have killed Alex. Dropped his key near Alex's body and took Alex's key. Locked Alex's door. Went to his own room, locked it from the inside and faked his death.

William also was the killer in every death after his fake-death.

For example, with the deaths of Fen and Luka: William used his knife to kill Luka. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid somewhere, it does not matter where.

It's possible Xerzes or Fracie also killed both of them, then took the time to go to one's room, swap the keys and then take it back to the other room and hid in William's room... but that would take time to go back and forth after killing them and there was likely not enough time to do this.

RYAX
Ryax is a culprit.

Ryax is a culprit because Ryax lied. During William and Alex's death, the only people that could have killed the victim(s) were Xerzes, Fracie, or William. However, Ryax confirmed all of their deaths. Therefore, Ryax is a culprit.

Ryax murdered Sarah and Flaming. Zeus opened the door during the first floor search, and Ryax went down and killed them. Zeus is needed here because he is a servant and has the key.

ZEUS
Zeus is a culprit.

Zeus is a culprit because he was the only person that could create the locked room mystery that resulted in Tech's death in the locked bathroom. He was the only suspect with a key that could lock the bathroom door after the murder was committed.

At 6 AM, Zeus woke up, opened the dining room, and killed the first six. I presume that he was able to do it because everyone fell asleep in their chairs. He probably also gave William a knife, and locked the kitchen afterward.

Zeus assisted in the killing of Sarah and Flaming. He and Ryax unlocked the door, Ryax went down and killed the two in the basement, and came back up. They both lied, in order to confuse the rest. Zeus probably also searched the first floor just in case someone was listening.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 31, Segaco wrote:
When Flaming's and Sarah's bodies were found, no door had been locked with a master key.
I am a little confused on what this means. Does it mean
(1) The master keys were not used to lock doors AT ALL at ANY point before the bodies were found, or
(2) Any door that was locked before got unlocked by the time the bodies were found?
(Or something else?)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 31, Segaco wrote:Jezz's death: If no gunshot was heard and Yarn is not lying with her "Jezz was shot", how could this happen? She'd be a culprit then, no?
Well, there was a long interval were Yarn and Zeus were unaccounted for. So perhaps Yarn was too far away to have heard it, and Ryax heard it but did nothing about it? (The narration almost implies that Ryax did not kill her, but I am not sure of this.)

It would be nice if Blackberry and who else was solving this earlier came and helped sort out my thoughts on this. I am probably overlooking something big here.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

One thing that is a little odd is that it seems like Ryax or Zeus could have gone to the servant's room, found the study key (which had not been taken, right?), and used it to figure out what Jezz was doing. However, they found the need to break down the door. This is a little unusual, but I am not sure exactly
what
it implies. (Ryax probably at least expected the murder, though.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

I mean, I could just red-text-brute-force this problem into a solution (and I may do so if no one else helps out), but I first want to build a coherent theory. I need more time to do so.
EDIT: OK, this is closer, although I think it has several holes in it.
EDIT 2: All right, let me see how this goes.
Theory 03
Ryax, Zeus, and William are the culprits.
First six murders
: At 6 AM,
Zeus
woke up, opened the dining room, and killed some of the first six.
Ryax
assisted; they each killed three.
I presume that they were able to do it because everyone fell asleep in their chairs after chatting so long.
Zeus also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen by grabbing the keys out of the servants' room. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed.

Sarah and Flaming
: Those two went into the basement and locked the door using the basement key, taking said key with them.
Zeus
used his master key to
un
lock the door, and killed the two. He then rushed upstairs, told Ryax about the whole deal, and they agreed on some lies to tell the group.

William
killed
Alex
and dropped his key near Alex's body. Then, William took the key to Alex's room and locked Alex's door. Then he went to his own room, locked it from the inside, and faked his own death.

Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William used his
knife
, and Ryax
pretended
that it was a bullet wound.

Tech
was stabbed in the chest four times by William.

Fen
and
Luka
were killed in the same manner as I said in the last theory:
William used his knife to kill
Luka
. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid somewhere
, it does not matter where.

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide.
The reason that Ryax/Zeus did not simply go and get the study key from the servants' room is that
Zeus, when unaccounted for, snuck into the servant room, grabbed the study key, delivered it quietly to Ryax, and unlocked the door.
They probably talked to Jezz for a bit before
Ryax grabbed the gun and shot her. Meanwhile, Zeus led Yarn somewhere that Yarn would not hear the gunshot. Ryax then made the scene look like a suicide, left, and locked the door with his study key. Then he feigned concern for Jezz and got Zeus to break down the door.

Spoiler: my thoughts from earlier
This is just for my sake. Suspects are William, Ryax, and Zeus. Backup suspects are Xerxes and Fracie.
1-6: No information here. Any of the uncleared five could have done it.
7-8: Do we think that Ryax is claiming Zeus did not kill Sarah+Flaming? (Not that is matters, as murder 10 implies Ryax is unreliable.)
9: The culprit did not escape but no one checked for people hiding in the room. William either had his room key or the killer left it there.
10: Now this one is interesting. No one is hiding and the windows are locked, but the group was away for a while. That means that Alex was killed by someone who "died" earlier. (And, I just rediscovered other people's already-posted theories: it was Xerxes, Fracie, or William. Blackberry's theory has a flaw -- Xerxes + Fracie could have worked together to do that.)
11: Ryax and Zeus were away when the Orange murder happened. This one seems like it must have been Fracie, unless Xerxes or William managed to get a hold of the key to Orange's room.
12: Ryax was away, again. Zeus looks like he was away, but Luka's "Indeed" was not purple. But in the next two murders, Jezz confirms that none of the known-alives could be the killer here. So once again, this was either Xerxes, Fracie, or William.
13-14: I am not sure how this scene happened. So, a killer came in, killed Luka, grabbed the gun, got shot but survived, and then fatally shot Fen? See, this was in open space, so there is nothing to tell that this is either Xerxes, Fracie, or William.
15: Any chance that someone managed to sneak in another gun? Two guns are used up, a third MAY be used up, and Ryax+Zeus have the other two. I think Ryax lied that the gun next to Tech was unloaded. That, or a past culprit has a secret reserve of either guns or bullets.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

All right, I think I finished my next theory.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

No, because it could be that all 3 remaining are innocent and there are 3 "dead" culprits lurking.
(On second thought, no, because everyone's death is ultimately confirmed by either the narration, Ryax, or Yarn.)

Question:
Can a culprit fake the death of an innocent
? (If so, then e.g. Xerxes or Tech could still be alive even if innocent?)
  • Argument for YES: It says culprits can fake death.
  • Argument for NO: However, if they did, the innocent would know this, and would probably eventually rise up and say "I'm not dead yet!" to the group. The only exception would maybe be Jezz.
If that is a no, then we know that at least 1 of the remaining 3 are innocent, because otherwise they would have killed Jezz before having the conversation about Fen+Luka. That confirms Yarn's innocence and one other, which clears 5 others.

I am trying to figure out how to resolve how only Zeus or only Ryax could be guilty at the very end. E.g. if Ryax and Yarn are clear, then Zeus must be doing all the killing which is impossible. So I think Ryax must be guilty. Now I have to know how Ryax, WIll, Xerxes, and Fracie could be working together to do these murders without Zeus...

Oh, another question.
If the narration uses the word "corpse", does that mean 100% that the person is dead?

Again, if this is no, then I can see a few things involving Orange and Luka that are interesting...

(BTW, what color do you want for questions?)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Thanks, that 100% clears Yarn, Alex, Orange, Luka, Sarah, and Flaming, while 100% convicting Ryax (clearing Zeus).
Now I need to figure out how to work in there only being 2 culprits. (The other has got to be William.)

EDIT: I think I figured out
specifically
how the locked room mystery (William and Alex's deaths) happened without the aid of an accomplice. William left the bathroom, went out, and found Alex and took Alex to William's room. Then William killed Alex, took the Alex room key, opened Alex's room, went back, dropped the key near Alex, locked his room from the outside, went into Alex's room, locked the door from the inside, and faked his death.

EDIT 2: But what if it was not William, but Xerxes or Fracie (thus William would be innocent)?
Blackberry wrote:It's possible Xerzes or Fracie also killed both of them [William and Alex], then took the time to go to one's room, swap the keys and then take it back to the other room and hid in William's room... but that would take time to go back and forth after killing them and there was likely not enough time to do this.
Is it that unlikely? My story above is just as dubious.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:47 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about Tech and Orange. Cancel this theory until I get that fixed.
EDIT 2: Fixed.
Theory 04
Ryax and Xerxes are the culprits.
First six murders
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room, and killed three of the first six.
Xerxes
assisted and killed the other two and faked his own death.
I presume that they were able to do it because everyone fell asleep in their chairs after chatting so long.
Ryax also gave himself and Xerxes each a knife, and locked the kitchen by grabbing the keys out of the servants' room. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed.

Next,
Xerxes
hid out somewhere in the basement.
Sarah and Flaming
went into the basement and locked the door using the basement key, taking said key with them.
Xerxes
killed the two, and hid in the
non-boiler
room.
(Conveniently, the surviving people forgot to search the room called "Basement".)

William and Alex
:
Xerxes
killed those two, and switched the keys around and hid in William's room.

Orange
was simply killed because Xerxes got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) Xerxes managed to grab Orange's gun and shoot Orange, and then hide in a different room.

Xerxes hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech
entered, they fought and ultimately Xerxes won, stabbing Tech four times. (Ryax could have lied about the gun, or Tech missed just like his wife did later on.) Xerxes hid in the bathroom again
, and conveniently, the group forgot to search for people hiding in there.

Fen
and
Luka
were killed in the same manner as I said in the last theory:
Xerxes used his knife to kill
Luka
. Fen shot Xerxes, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid in the study
, a lucky (or unlucky, depending on your POV) guess...

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide. Xerxes had been hiding in the study
, and sometime after Jezz ran in,
he killed her
. I guess the "heavy iron door" may muffle the sound of the gunshot. I doubt it is relevant whether Xerxes still hid in the room (Ryax, a culprit, "confirmed" the lack of a hider) or escaped (the window was apparently wide open).

(If Xerxes ends up being town, Fracie could in theory do all of the same things, although I am not sure if we are supposed to assume the fight-kills were done by a man or not.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Wait, so are you saying that Ryax was truthful that Fen actually participated?
OK, I know this theory is a bit silly, but I actually think it may give more information than a conventional theory.
Theory 05
Segaco is messing with us. This situation is inconsistent.

I believe I have a logical reason for it. I want to know (from the mod or a fellow detective like @Blackberry or Haschel Cedricson) if this logic has any gaps.
  1. The narration says that Alex, Orange, and Luka died, so they cannot be culprits. Therefore, Alex truthfully confirmed the deaths of Sarah, Flaming, Thorus, and Watson.
  2. A culprit cannot fake the death of an innocent. So unless innocents can fake their own or each others' deaths (not stated as valid in post one),
    anyone who is believed dead is either actually dead or a culprit
  3. At the end, there are three people definitely alive. Therefore there are at most 3 culprits, or else the 4+ would kill off the last three.
  4. The final three are not all culprits, or else they would have instantly killed Jezz instead of having the conversation about Luka/Fen's deaths. (Or if Jezz is another culprit, then Luka would have been insta-killed.)
  5. At least two of the last three are innocent, or else there would be 1 innocent against 2+ culprits at the very end, and the conversation about Jezz could not happen.
  6. Ryax and Zeus both claim Yarn innocent. So if either one is innocent, then Yarn is also innocent.
    Yarn is confirmed innocent
  7. Yarn confirmed Jezz dead, who confirmed Tech and Fen dead, and Tech confirmed Nate and Takumi dead. None of these could have been culprits.
  8. Xerxes and Fracie are innocent, because if Ryax was lying about their deaths, then Fen would have called him out in it.
  9. The only people not confirmed town are Ryax, Zeus, and William.
  10. Ryax is guilty
    . Otherwise, Zeus would be the only culprit, as town-Ryax confirmed William dead. However, Zeus could not have killed Jezz (among others), at least not without being seen.
  11. So Ryax and William are the culprits, and Zeus is innocent (or else they would have killed Yarn).
  12. However, there is a problem with Tech's death.
    • The bathroom has no window, and Luka confirmed that the bathroom key was inside.
    • Since no one could hide in there after the death, William fought with Tech (Yarn confirmed Ryax's absence)...
    • ...but
      there is no way to escape the bathroom
      while still having the door locked and the key inside.
    • This contradicts the fact that (1) the door was locked and (2) William was not in the bathroom when the group opened the door.

(Unless Tech survived long enough to lock the door AFTER the fight...?)

Where did Blackberry and Haschel go?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

I think (assuming that there is a legit solution to this) either 8, 11, or 12c is wrong, or there is an extra possibility that I missed. The main problems I am having is with the deaths of Tech and Alex and the supposed death of William. Everything else I can see how it would work.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

I did not actually believe there was no solution, I just wanted to confirm that this was not just a joke, to quench that nagging fear that I am being set up.

I am pressed for time now but I wonder if William faked a call for reinforcements and Tech locked the door out of fear before dying...

Or wait a second... "The Person Inside"...??! (Although, we know that Tech did die.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:22 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

That is the likely explanation.
The weird explanation is that William fought and legit killed Tech, threw Tech out another window, and then William locked himself inside
disguised as Tech

When I get more time I will try to see if I can fit that into my theory.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

All right.

Option 1: William ambushed Tech by hiding in the bathroom. Tech screamed as he found William in there, and they fought. It ended up with William escaping and
Tech locked the door
with his last remaining energy before dying.

Option 2: William killed Tech and threw Tech's body out another window. Then William hid in the bathroom and somehow
disguised himself as Tech

Both of them seem unlikely, but I think it is option 1. I will write a theory about it later.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:22 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Theory 06
Ryax and William are the culprits.
First six murders
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room, and killed one of the first six.
William
assisted and killed the other five.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen by grabbing the keys out of the servants' room. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed.

Next,
William
hid out somewhere in the basement.
Sarah and Flaming
went into the basement and locked the door using the basement key, taking said key with them.
William
killed the two, and hid in the
non-boiler
room.
(Conveniently, the surviving people forgot to search the room called "Basement".)

William
killed
Alex
and dropped his key near Alex's body. Then, William took the key to Alex's room and locked Alex's door. Then he went to his own room, locked it from the inside, and faked his own death.

Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William managed to grab Orange's gun and shoot Orange, and then hide in a different room.

William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech
entered, they fought. William escaped after a bit of fighting to hide in another room, while Tech locked the door with his last bit of energy... before dying.

Fen
and
Luka
:
Luka
. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid in the study

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide. William had been hiding in the study
he killed her
. I guess the "heavy iron door" may muffle the sound of the gunshot. I doubt it is relevant whether William still hid in the room (Ryax, a culprit, "confirmed" the lack of a hider) or escaped (the window was apparently wide open).

Ryax only helped once in the first six deaths, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work.

I think this covers everything.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:18 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Gah, I copied that last theory from the one in which Xerxes was the killer, and I thought I fixed everything. Apparently I did not.

One of the first six must have locked the room after the attack and then died... but that seems weird, considering that they were all sitting at the table when they died, so the one that locked the door likely would have collapsed on the floor.

I remember how Ryax "lost sight of Zeus" (or was it the other way around?)... so maybe Ryax did the killing. However, I see no way for Ryax to lock the door.

If that is not true, then I guess you may be... trying to convince me that Zeus is a culprit? That makes no sense though, as otherwise Ryax+Zeus would have instantly killed Yarn at the final three without having the conversation at the end. (And there is no WAY that Zeus could do all this alone.)
So I think that Ryax probably went down and killed the two... but wait... how did Zeus, an innocent, react in surprise if he was the only one that could have locked the door?... wait...
Perhaps Ryax hid INSIDE the room, locked the door, and called "Hey look at this" to Zeus. Zeus opened the door and screamed.

That, or William somehow got all the way down and then all the way up... no, because without the basement key, the door still could not have been locked. Zeus would not have reacted in surprise if he himself locked the door. So this seems like an impossible scenario. (And since Sarah and Flaming died "instantly", there is no way that one of them could lock the door after being attacked like Tech did.)

William+Alex case: the sound was a gunshot, a scream, or a heavy falling object. Probably the first.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Theory 07
First six murders
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room by grabbing keys from the servant room, and
William
killed the six victims.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed. But then
the culprits escaped by entering the
kitchen
, locking the door, and going out through the
kitchen window
AFAICT, it is only confirmed that the Dining Room windows are locked.

Next,
Ryax did what he said with Zeus and then dashed into the basement when Zeus was not looking. He locked the door and killed
Sarah and Flaming
with his knife. Then he called Zeus in shock from within the basement
, so that Zeus would
unlock it with his master key

William
killed
Alex

Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William stabbed Orange with his knife, managed to grab Orange's gun, and shot Orange for good measure. This made a loud sound, so William then hid somewhere else.

William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech
entered, they fought. William escaped after a bit of fighting to hide in another room, while Tech locked the door with his last bit of energy... before dying.

Fen
and
Luka
:
Luka
. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid in the study

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide. William had been hiding in the study
he killed her
. I guess the "heavy iron door" may muffle the sound of the gunshot. I doubt it is relevant whether William still hid in the room (Ryax, a culprit, "confirmed" the lack of a hider) or escaped (the window was apparently wide open).

Ryax only helped twice in the first eight deaths, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work, and let his victims die "instantly" and perhaps painlessly (not sure how that stuff works).

I think there is something I am missing regarding the first six though.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

The person who creates the thread has moderator rights in that thread. Since you created the thread, you can edit or delete anything.

I also think that if you delete the first post then ownership moves to whoever made what is then the first post. (Do not try this at home!!)

All right, here is my other theory then. EDIT 3: NO, it does not work! UGH...
EDIT 4: Now I think I have it, FOR REAL.
Theory 08
1-6
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room by grabbing keys from the servant room, and
William
killed five of the six victims while Ryax killed the last one.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed. But then
the culprits escaped by entering the
kitchen
, locking the door, and going out through the
kitchen window
AFAICT, it is only confirmed that the Dining Room windows are locked.

7-8
: Next,
William pretended to search upstairs, but he really found his way (probably through windows) to the basement. He killed
Sarah and Flaming
near the stairs, and then either he or Ryax pushed the key under the door
(with a bit of momentum), so that the key would appear to be near the bodies.

9-10
:
William
killed
Alex

:
Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William stabbed Orange with his knife, managed to grab Orange's gun, and shot Orange for good measure. This made a loud sound, so William then hid somewhere else.

: William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech

13-14
:
Luka

:
Jezz
he killed her

Ryax only committed one murder, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work. (An albeit twisted meaning of "nice", but it is technically true.)

(In case I get even more theories I might just say "Replace line
7-8
with
" so I need not copy-paste this annoyingly long thing every single time.)
Last edited by 2 718281828459 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Wait, never mind, that theory is defunct because William has no key. So cancel.
EDIT: OK, I think I figured out what I actually meant to write.
EDIT 2: No, that line of reasoning was also flawed. So either Ryax managed to slip the basement key under the door, or... never mind, it must be that, as the only two people who were in the basement died "instantly" according to a reliable source.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Of course.
Theory 09
7-8
:
William pretended to search upstairs, but he really found his way (probably through windows) to the basement. He killed Sarah and Flaming near the stairs, and then gave the key to Ryax during that minute that Ryax was away from Zeus. Ryax locked the door. Later, when Zeus was unlocking the door, Ryax threw the key onto the bodies. Zeus was distracted and did not see it.

All else is the same as the previous theory.

About the colors, which theme are you using? I use mafBlack, and the red is
#ff6262
. (When the page loads,
[
color=red
]
and
[
color=#ff0000
]
both show up as ff0000, but it gets quickly changed to ff6262 for some reason, perhaps to make it more readable.) Which are you using?

(Is that screenshot this same puzzle or a different one? If the latter, please share it after this one is solved.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Where did this whole thing even come from? Where is the "non-outdated" version? (I mean, I already know the answer now, but I still wonder what the structure was.)

(Zeus... seriously... should have just shot William or Ryax instantly if he had a working gun... no wonder Segaco said that the characters were kinda stupid...)

Yes, another mystery would be nice. Whether it takes place in the same mansion as this or not...

Jumble
: but seriously, why does everyone die
: NotAJumbleOfNumbers... where did
you
come from?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

(I thought I wrote this post but never did apparently...?)

So I found this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73920 but it is just plain confusing. Like, apparently some wizard is killing everyone, except that no such wizard exists and one of the 18 did it? And the people solving the mystery can die?

Yeah, the version in this thread was better. Although, I would like to just see (for comparison) what the "non-outdated" version looked like.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

So what is the deal behind this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73920
Who did it?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”