Micro 814: Geriatric Trio (Mafia Victory!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So in doing some re-reading a point Hito made in resonated with me.
In post 75, RedCoyote wrote:I agree, but there's not much I can add here. This slot is worthy of pressure if it would make a difference.
Hey RC – why would putting pressure on a scum suspect not make a difference?

--

Also re-reading makes my radar ding some more. I mean why would it be gross for Oath to say that statement if Invisibility feels exactly the same way.

In fact after I think I need to exercise my voting muscles

VOTE: Invisibility

So whenever you get back to it Invisibility I'd like some actual reasoning from you as to why Oath is scum in your own words.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Invisibility wrote:why did that prompt you to unvote?
I'm trying to sort Oath still. Not ready for a lynch. Also would like to see some reactions to post 95.
Invisibility wrote:also i'm voting oath because she is the most scumme
Can you elaborate on what you find scummy about Oath? Who else do you think could be scum?
^lol ok magna beat me to the first part of that
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Oath »

I was put to L-1. I've claimed VT (not a power role). I have to die eventually. Might as well get it out of the way Day 1 before I become a liability later on as mafia now has no reason to target me and can leave me around for all the distracting speculation.

Running another person up risks outing a power role before Night 1.

I am the right lynch since we don't have anything else. I think you all should stop running people up off so little though. Dig deeper. Activity is not scum indicative. It may be anti-town, but some games I lurk simply because I like watching and seeing who is quickest to latch onto that weak reasoning and it's helped me catch scum.

Change up your mind frame and bring home the win for town please.

Kthnx
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Uhhh

You have the most posts of anyone in the game...?

Vote Invisibility

Oath's last two posts don't really read like scum doing the "Lynch me" AtE thing. I understand the logic in lynching a VT claim and I'm not ruling it out just yet, but I'm not so sure Oath is scum.

Invisibility on the other hand seems anxious to get Oath lynched for someone who hasn't really said much about Oath actually being scum. For reference, see my post 94 and Invisibility's 98 and 99.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 94, Kmd4390 wrote: nonny:
-RVS votes Komala for being first to post.
-Puts Cheesy at L-2. I'm curious why this vote didn't come in Post 31. Vote has stayed there since.
---Nonny's posting seems more like justifying her own vote than pushing the scum read itself, if that makes sense. Not sure what to make of that.
My vote initially was because I wanted to see a Cheesy response as well, he has since left and so makes my reason for the vote no longer valid maybe, I considered unvoting but currently don't see anywhere else I want to vote and you're not L-2 or above, so figured it was as good a place as any currently. Probably not the best sense but that's where I'm at. Does it make you nervous that it's sitting there?
In post 99, Invisibility wrote:also i'm voting oath because she is the most scumme
i'm going to iso people tomorrow and try to get more reads
This seems a little odd. Maybe the confidence that Oath will not be lynched prior to being able to do the promised reads? I know kmd unvoted so the risk of quick hammer is minimal (never impossible with more than one scum alive), just feels off.

Post 102 this actually makes sense. Its very unconventional but the logic seems sound. Though never like the prospect of a townie offering themself up as a mislynch, nor saying I want to go ahead and lynch him. It's very town, which could also be very WIFOM/gambit but feels genuine.
*insert bad joke here*
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Oath »

Please do not run anyone else up to claim here. Seriously.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 88, Kmd4390 wrote:
hito wrote: kmd, how would you feel if someone actually hammered that Oath wagon right now?
Somewhere between anxious to see the flip and annoyed not to get a claim first.
This is actually....a good answer
In post 89, MagnaofIllusion wrote:This is … I don’t know … strange. Hito I know that you know most any behavior is going to be generally more likely to come from Town than scum because … there are naturally about 3-4 times as much Town as scum. And effort is as much personality driven as it is alignment driven. So yeah ... I think this is a really weak reason to be solidly Townreading Komala.
I mean, putting aside that effort is "as much personality driven as it is alignment driven" (I know there are some people who get amped to be scum, but I still think that on the whole trying hard in an anemic game is a towntell above the replacement odds), it's really the KIND of effort I'm talking about. Like Komala said they needed to be prodded, but come on, imagine you are scum and you commited to ISO'ing every player. In this case, the framework you're using is already a high-effort one. Who then ALSO, in the SAME POST, gives little updates on their past reads when those aren't the scum suspects they're pushing? It's just sort of solidifying townreads in a way they had absolutely no expectation to do, because absolutely no one bats a blind eye if the ISO catchup post is only an ISO catchup post. So to me that really suggests town who actually care about those reads and want to get their story straight - it's a lot of effort for scum to do something that only hurts them by lowering their flexibility.

And for the record, I agree that "unreasonably strong townread" is a legit tell, I just don't agree it applies here since I did see the same thing from invisibility. (Not that I put all that much stock in it, but it's kind of good to exaggerate the strength of your town reads in the early game, y'know?)

--

nonny, you haven't said a single thing about your vote since placing it. whats up? I was the main architect of cheesy wagon and now I've abandoned my baby; if you can make anyone see the light it's me. I see in preview edit that nonny addressed this while I was finishing up the post, but only to do the same thing RC is doing. Gross!

--

I'm like super frustrated about this Music Box thing because I would love to just policy push and be done with it because obviously she's playing in a scum beneficial anti-town way. But I dunno something tells me music box would do it regardless of alignment and it's not a scum thing to push. But I mean, if she IS scum, it's not like we would randomly catch her one day while she's durdling around refusing to take any meaningful stance, so like it's kind of an if not now when situation also. Meh I dunno just because there are a looooot of skeevy kids this game I feel like I can wait a little bit longer on this but I'm not happy about it and wanted to vent.

--

Oath, if you believed you should be the lynch target, why not self-hammer?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Oath »

^ Good point {vote]Oath[/vote]
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Oath »

VOTE: Oath
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Oath »

NOW - that's that. I'm town- go back and reevaluate all your reads and stop pushing up on weak shit.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

nonny wrote: Does it make you nervous that it's sitting there?
No. I'm only at like two votes lol. Your post doesn't really satisfy my concerns by the way.
Oath wrote: Please do not run anyone else up to claim here. Seriously
Lynching scum is more important.

Preview edit: will read all that later

Preview editx2: ugh. Gonna be THAT kind of deadline?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 110, Kmd4390 wrote:
nonny wrote: Does it make you nervous that it's sitting there?
No. I'm only at like two votes lol. Your post doesn't really satisfy my concerns by the way.
Don't think I'm here to satisfy your concerns *shrug*

Oath....you know you're not really lynched, right?
*insert bad joke here*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nonny why respond at all if that's the case?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by nonny »

Responding or conversing is not the same as satisfying concerns. For one I don’t know if we have the same goals so therefore satisfying your concerns could be fruitless. Same could be said of anyone at this stage. Nothing is confirmed, even a strong town read is just a guess. So why should I worry about satisfying your concerns?

It seems, there is a hyper vigilance toward votes/voting in this crew. Mysicbox is being called out for not voting. Your (kmd) iso read was purely looking at votes. While, yes, votes are important and our only power I don’t see it as the most important focus. You can get a read based on who someone is not voting too. Or on content of posts. There are just more indicators. Some players throw votes around, and can be used for pressure, and obviously for lynching. But, I’m just not a player to throw mine around. I will change it when I see a need to change it. Unvoting seems pointless right now, if that’s wrong to you please elaborate. Based on what has been said I’m sure even if I did unvote and leave my vote without a home you’d still find issue, correct? So why would I change my manner of voting just to placate your preference?
*insert bad joke here*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

You seem to be misunderstanding me. I don't care if you unvote or not. It makes no difference. My point was that your ISO seems to have the mindset of "I think my own play is ok" rather than "here's what I think of other people". I know that's common for players who are being wagoned, but you've faced very little pressure so it stands out quite a bit to me.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 114, Kmd4390 wrote:You seem to be misunderstanding me. I don't care if you unvote or not. It makes no difference. My point was that your ISO seems to have the mindset of "I think my own play is ok" rather than "here's what I think of other people". I know that's common for players who are being wagoned, but you've faced very little pressure so it stands out quite a bit to me.
Hmm okay. I was misunderstanding your focus. I’m not good at reads, or sorely out of practice. This is first non newbie game since my hiatus (of 10 years). Not excuse, just explanation. I’ve re-read the thread twice this week and looked at ISO’s frequently, most is null to me so far except the last ~10posts.
*insert bad joke here*
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:13 am

Post by Music Box »

In post 92, nonny wrote:I don't think I'm ignoring it MusicBox. My first statement on the matter was that the post was weird, which it is. Are you treating it as stream of consciousness? Because I think that what it's meant to appear as, but even then why wouldn't you clean it up before actually posting it? Saying the first wagon is justified at the least is buddying, but again why would you say a wagon is justified that you don't feel is legitimate?
And yes, he did do the same thing as RC while calling him on it, he can try to paint it differently but they do look similar, I noticed that when skim back through the other day.
No, I was treating the post as a whole. I read "justified" as meaning that he understood why MoI voted, and why the wagon grew, not necessarily that he thought Oath was scummy, and from the rest of the post it looked like he didn't.
In post 92, nonny wrote: What I don't get is why you are so focused on this? What do you feel you've found from this interaction of tearing apart a post(sentence) based on a player who isn't even in game anymore?
This isn't about Cheesy; it's about you and your motivation for saying what you said.
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Music Box »

In post 94, Kmd4390 wrote:-----Pretty sure I remember from my catchup typing out a question about what you liked about Oath's response, saw someone else ask, and deleted my own question. But I don't see an answer from you so either you failed to answer or I'm misremembering. Either way, I'd like to know. What did you like about it?
I replied earlier that it was mostly a gut feeling but I'll expand that. The wagon didn't bother her and she used it to scumhunt. Some of what she said resonated with me, eg .
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Music Box »

@ Oath: If you are town, please unvote yourself. By self voting you're reducing the info we can get later by looking back at the wagons.

No strong scum reads yet but nonny and Komola are the most likely ones so far. Nonny is a gut read - I just think something is off there. I'll say more about Komola later this evening or tomorrow.

Vote: nonny

I'm not keen on any of the other wagons but if it comes down to choosing between them then I'd be voting RC.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 117, Music Box wrote:
In post 94, Kmd4390 wrote:-----Pretty sure I remember from my catchup typing out a question about what you liked about Oath's response, saw someone else ask, and deleted my own question. But I don't see an answer from you so either you failed to answer or I'm misremembering. Either way, I'd like to know. What did you like about it?
I replied earlier that it was mostly a gut feeling but I'll expand that. The wagon didn't bother her and she used it to scumhunt. Some of what she said resonated with me, eg .
What do you think of Oath's recent posting? Specifically claiming VT before anyone gave intent to hammer and then the self vote?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Red Coyote is due for another prod.
I may start looking for a replacement early.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 118, Music Box wrote:I'm not keen on any of the other wagons but if it comes down to choosing between them then I'd be voting RC.
Why RC? Why not Invisibility?

Those voting RC (oath and hito) can you say more about why you're voting him? Went back and read the vote posts because I really couldn't recall clearly why.
In post 99, Invisibility wrote:also i'm voting oath because she is the most scumme
i'm going to iso people tomorrow and try to get more reads
How's this going?
In post 109, Oath wrote:NOW - that's that. I'm town- go back and reevaluate all your reads and stop pushing up on weak shit.
Do you have a read to share that isn't "pushing up on weak shit"? How do you feel about the posts since your claim?

VOTE: Invisibility
*insert bad joke here*
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Invisibility »

yo
it turned out that i was really busy yesterday but i have a long car ride today so i will probably be able to post and ISO
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Invisibility »

Oath:
In post 26, Oath wrote:@hiro Why'd you vote Cheesy over myself?

10,000,000 % scummy Oath > Cheesy so far.. or no?
so one of the reasons i was scumreading oath was because of this post but reviewing oath again i'm actually pretty conflicted
originally i thought it was scummy because of self-consciousness but like i can definitely see a towny mindset of this misunderstanding

also self-vote thought was scummy but had reasoning this is a bad read
UNVOTE:
the read was mostly a dink down from the 304920948239048234982098% scummy post+nothing bringing oath back up for me

okay lets ISO everyone else
in another post so i dont get p-edited X∞
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mod, do we get a deadline extension if RedCoyote is replaced

One thing I want to do is check out past Oath games. I want to see reactions to being lynched and what Oath usually claims as scum. Unfortunately I'm not sure when I might have time to do something like that.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”