Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Krazy »

I get to choose someone and the next day we have to vote together.
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2626, Krazy wrote:I get to choose someone and the next day we have to vote together.
Who chooses the vote?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Krazy »

I'll say some more about it later. I'd like to hear from Deas about his thoughts on CShep.
vote conspiracy
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

My "I shot you and your still alive" post was referring to yesterday, but it still doesnt change the fact that cshep is scum
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2603, the worst wrote:Vax full claim
In post 2604, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2603, the worst wrote:Vax full claim
I will fucking do anything if we can lynch cshep to prove im right. If im wrong im prolly due for a break after finishing the game out.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Krazy »

Vote CShep

Spoiler alert that's L-2.
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by the worst »

massclaim y/y?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

That this day isn't over already strongly suggests to me that C.Shep is scum.

I've already half-claimed, which is as much as I'm saying right now.
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 2587, Commander Shepard wrote:VOTE: Shoshin
Punreader said they were shooting Shoshin and Shoshin is alive.
Can confirm, but you apparently missed the more important half of my shot.
My shot was half to test my ranking. With Shoshin still alive, we can thus deduce that Shoshin is ranked higher than me. We do not need to assume Shoshin was protected since it is quite probable for Shoshin to be higher than me.

The correct lynch for today is this:
VOTE: Fire Assassin.
In post 2593, Vaxkiller wrote:Is pun reader even talking to you? I mean he was BARELY here yesterday!!!!!!
You apparently missed this:
In post 2581, Punreader wrote:I am here and will be reading shortly.
I was literally the last post before thread lock, announcing I was beginning my catch-up. Sure enough, my notification of the thread being locked was in my attempt to quote a post only to have it not work.

I was catching up and mere minutes away from posting the following, which my neighborhood can confirm I promptly posted to our PT:
In post 2414, the worst wrote:3. Punreader - BP to all players ranked lower, vig to all players ranked lower (further reading: serial killer)
How many times will I need to correct people on this? It is bulletproof to people ranked higher, vigs players ranked lower.
In post 2440, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2438, guacamole wrote:
In post 2431, Vaxkiller wrote:@theworst can you explain what happened with pun/cshep/myself last night?
CShep is higher ranked than Pun so Pun's action had no effect. Remove Pun from the equation and recalculate.
Pun should have known that, why wasnt this brought up in their "Night Neighborhood"?
To the contrary!

During the night, I was a little swamped. I didn't have the time to calculate rankings myself, manually.
So what I did, is I relied on the worst's rankings. This post, to be specific:
In post 1520, the worst wrote:let's do thisssssssss

scores are approximate since the double-weighted scores are not an exact doubling of themselves (evidenced by Pine's slot; to get his average he'd have needed a 0 from Reuben/Lovebird which we know is not correct).
even so these are probably close enough to the actual scores that I'm feeling comfortable.

PositionNameRank
1stChara8.29
2ndthe worst7.19
3rdTaly6.71
4thTehBrawlGuy6.29
5thDunnstral6.25
6thPunreader6.06
7thNahdia6.00
8thDeasVail5.56
9thEspeonage5.56
10thShoshin5.44
11thMariaR5.38
12thPine4.94
13thManWithNoName4.75
14thFire Assassin4.71
15thVaxkiller4.13
16thPenguinPower4.06
17thLovebird2.00
18thNicoRobin1.63

Spoiler: data tabled (more #aesthetic than useful but....fight me)
X axis : receiver of score
Y axis : giver of score

RECEIVER
GIVER
TehBrawlGuy
Taly
Punreader
MariaR
DeasVail
Espeonage
Dunnstral
Nahdia
the worst
Pine
Shoshin
Fire Assassin
Lovebird
Chara
ManWithNoName
Vaxkiller
PenguinPower
NicoRobin
TehBrawlGuy
Taly
Punreader
MariaR
DeasVail
Espeonage
Dunnstral
Nahdia
the worst
Pine
Shoshin
Fire Assassin
Lovebird
Chara
ManWithNoName
Vaxkiller
PenguinPower
NicoRobin
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
AVERAGE
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
TENS
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
ZEROES
unaccounted votes
unaccounted points
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
av. unacc. score
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
By this post, my shot would have worked.

But on D3, I calculated the rankings myself rather than relying on the worst, and by my calculations, it was plausible I was ranked below Nahdia rather than above.
In post 2394, the worst wrote:you'd lynch me next?
Yes, I was quite clear about this earlier:
In post 1941, Punreader wrote:I'm fairly confident in three pun being Fire Assassin, Shoshin, and ManWithNoName (outside chance of the worst) at this point
In post 2418, the worst wrote:I'm p comfortable that one of them is a serial killer. if pun is honestly intending to turn around and say they magically want to lynch me after treating me like I'm town all game I think that's a soft SK claim. (they as a SK would need everyone ranked higher than them lynched or sorted by NK)
Alternatively, you were a weak townread, all my punreads thusfar have flipped town, and
two players suspicious of you died overnight.
That changes things.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Punreader »

Speaking of rankings:
In post 1985, Punreader wrote:10. MariaR:
2 10s
1 9
2 8s
4 6s
1 5
1+1 4s
1 3
1 1
3 0s

20 + 9 + 16 + 24 + 5 + 8 + 3 + 1 = 86
2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 17
86 / 17 = 5.06
In post 2584, Errantparabola wrote:
9. MariaR
(TOWN)

Average:
Number of 10s:
Number of 0s:
Maria's rank and number is higher than predicted. She should have been one rank lower with 5.06, rather than the 5.11 she got. However, this is still fairly within the margin of error I would say.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Punreader »

Given these rankings and the results of my shot, we can deduce I am most likely ranked at #11: below Shoshin, who is below MariaR.

Thus, my shot failed on Commander Shepherd because Nahdia was ranked even higher than Shoshin was.

This is not rocket science.

If you assume I am rank 11, everything makes sense. My shot on Pine went through because he was rank 12, lower than me; my shot on Commander Shepherd failed because he is ranked at around 5 give or take; my shot on Shoshin failed because Shoshin is ranked immediately above me at #10.

So my kills have failed not because of some doctor protection or some roleblock, but simply because I am too lowly ranked to have made them successfully.

This is, in my opinion, not a bad thing, given it means I am bulletproof to...literally everyone except for Fire Assassin, Vaxkiller, and guacamole. (An absolute maximum of two being pun. Most likely, just the one, and almost certainly, being Fire Assassin.)
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Punreader »

Just to put it on the record:
Since I know Fire Assassin is ranked lower than me, if we don't lynch him, I'm shooting him.
But we should just be lynching him.

In the event we do lynch him, I am not nightkilling either of guacamole or Vaxkiller tonight. (As I have strong reason to believe Vaxkiller is town, I will not shoot him. While guacamole has a chance at being pun, and has been a punread of mine the whole game, I've since come to doubt that read and feel it was wrong.)
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

This large theme involves way too much math.

Why is C.Shep not scum?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

We're also behind in the race. Why are you not shooting him during the night and lynching higher ranked scum?
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 2638, Krazy wrote:Why is C.Shep not scum?
Because this is not his pungame. For further detail, read this:
In post 2317, Punreader wrote:
In post 2292, Shoshin wrote:Pun, why do you think Shepard is town?
Experience.

I have played with Commander Shepherd, and I know for a fact you have, too. I know precisely the type of moonlogic he uses and how he goes on the crazy tirades he does.

I can also differentiate between him genuinely doing so, faking having done so, and genuinely doing so but still being pun anyway. All three have signature telltale signs. When the process is faked, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I can instantly nail him for it. When he is genuine but still pun anyway, there is an indigence in that he feels like he was caught for bullshit reasons: "right, for the wrong reasons".

Neither of those is present and I can thus say that this is his town self with absolute confidence.

...Also I am privy to his neighborhood talk so there is that as well.

Additionally, I felt Nahdia was playing to their town meta, and that ActionDan was playing to his town meta before that.

The slot has been solid the whole game across all three slots, but only in ways obvious to someone with extensive experience with them.
In post 2319, Punreader wrote:
In post 2317, Punreader wrote:I know precisely the type of moonlogic he uses and how he goes on the crazy tirades he does.

I can also differentiate between him genuinely doing so, faking having done so, and genuinely doing so but still being pun anyway. All three have signature telltale signs. When the process is faked, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I can instantly nail him for it. When he is genuine but still pun anyway, there is an indigence in that he feels like he was caught for bullshit reasons: "right, for the wrong reasons".
To further explain, because I know precisely the type of logical reasoning he uses, I can follow his thought process along perfectly the entire time. There is never a point where, when he is genuine, I will be confused at how he got to his conclusion.

While his conclusions will always make me facepalm as I know exactly the points where his reasoning goes from reasonable to absurd, I can still follow the process from start to finish, and know that there were no leaps too extreme to have been made sincerely. These changes may seem difficult to follow at first, but once you know how his mind works, it's quite easy.

And I can confidently say, I've been putting myself in his shoes. I know he's wrong for numerous reasons from the fact doctors
do
protect against all kills, my kill is dependent on him being ranked lower than me when he is almost assuredly ranked higher than me (thus only necessitating the explanation of Vaxkiller's failure, which is easily explained as him being roleblocked), and similar facts.

But while I know he's wrong, I can follow precisely how he came to those conclusions step by step, including why he believes things that are objectively wrong. I know him well enough to know that he would never deliberately intentionally lie about a provable fact, such as mafia theory. Thus, mistakes such as stating a doctor can only protect against a single kill I know are regardless of his alignment going to have been sincere.
Any player having played extensively with Commander Shepherd yet maintaining a strong punread on him is, automatically, suspect in my book because they by all rights should know better. This is his towngame. It is frustrating to play with to no end, but you do not lynch pun by lynching players that frustrate you; you lynch pun by lynching pun.
In post 2639, Krazy wrote:We're also behind in the race. Why are you not shooting him during the night and lynching higher ranked scum?
If you are referring to Fire Assassin, it is because he claimed cop, and my reasons for not lynching or shooting the cop claim were outlined previously:
In post 2003, Punreader wrote:
In post 2001, Espeonage wrote:Please talk me though why you don't want to lynch someone you think is going to flip scum?
How many times do I need to quote it?
In post 1983, Punreader wrote:
In post 1513, Punreader wrote:
In post 1332, Taly wrote:
Pun
, can you give me your thoughts on
Fire/Maria
?
I could see any combination of town-town, pun-pun, town-pun, or pun-town as possible. I can tell you on play I am not punreading MariaR, which would make it slightly more likely it's town-town or pun-town, but this is not locked in. Regardless of their alignment, however, correct play is to let both live and gather more results.

After all, if both are town then pun can't let both go unchecked.
In post 1791, Punreader wrote:
In post 1682, Taly wrote:I'm highly suspect of
Fire
at this point
Suspect him all you want.

He is objectively a terrible lynch today because we have two cop claims; if both
are
town (and yes I realize people doubt this but it is not impossible), then pun's only option is to deal with them during the night, lest they both produce more results.

I am telling you now that if we lynch Fire Assassin today and he flips town the entire punteam will be on that wagon and I will lynch exclusively from the players on it, for precisely this reason.

Now I admit, there is a significant chance Fire Assassin is just pun, but this changes nothing.

If he is pun fakeclaiming cop, he still has to produce results every day, or be lynched when he fails to do so.

So we wait.

We give him, at minimum, one day phase.

Correct play in a theme game such as this is not to lynch a cop claim and if the cop flips town lynch the other cop claim; correct play in a theme game is to not lynch either cop claim and let them investigate for a night, and then off of those investigation results, revisit and reevaluate every day on whether to lynch one of the cops and if so which one.
This is unchanged. Reevaluation has determined he is significantly more likely to be pun than yesterday, but he is not absolutely certain to be pun. And on the off chance he is town (after all, our track record in nailing down pun thusfar has not been stellar so who's to say this read is right when prior punreads have been wrong?), then this will sort itself out overnight when the pun are put up against two cop investigations the same night.

MariaR could not investigate last night.
MariaR
can
investigate tonight.
And if Fire Assassin fails to produce an investigative result tomorrow for any reason, we lynch him for it on the spot.

It's simply a matter of optimal play.
Optimal play is to lynch Fire Assassin tomorrow.

I do feel he is pun, but I also feel that objectively speaking, the optimal play is to wait one day before lynching him.
We waited the one day.

Now we lynch him.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Krazy »

I'm convinced that you don't think he's scum but I'm not convinced that you're not some third party bullshit. This fucks up my reads some, but not quite enough to change votes.

Your roleclaim is way too convoluted to be entirely fake. But at a glance it kinda seems way too dope to be town-aligned.
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 2641, Krazy wrote:I'm convinced that you don't think he's scum
Then you need only ask yourself one question.
"Does Punreader's conviction on Commander Shepherd being town hold merit?"

If the answer is yes, you should not be voting him. If you believe I genuinely don't think he's pun, and you think that belief holds merit, then he should not be the lynch.

If the answer is no, then you should have some
darn
good reasons for why not.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Krazy »

Sheeping Maria.

Wish I had a more compelling reason, but I'm pretty lost in this game, and Maria's reads were the only thing that at any point made sense to either me or my predecessor.
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 2643, Krazy wrote:Sheeping Maria.
Maria was a claimed cop; her death is explained as a PR kill.

I have a better idea for you.

Sheep Taly and TehBrawlGuy; neither was a PR kill, and both were kills likely on the merits of their play.

They are the players you want to listen to.

Additional reasoning for Commander Shepherd being town:
It is common belief that I am a 3p in this game. Were Commander Shepherd pun, I feel that Commander Shepherd would simply have shot our third neighbor N2 (a night we know was not a PR kill and was instead a play kill), so as to try and collaborate with me. (After all, what's the worst that could happen from a failed collaboration? They nightkill me, which they are able to do when sending the right person.)

This also works vice-versa, for why the neighbor is town. Were the neighbor pun, I'd expect the pun to have nightkilled Commander Shepherd, to try and collaborate with me. (After all, what's the worst that could happen from a failed collaboration? They nightkill me, which they are able to do when sending the right person.)

Given neither happened, it is then a safe assumption our neighborhood is all-town.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 1925, TehBrawlGuy wrote:also, because I didn't want to muck up the day any further and distract from PP lynch, I want to snipe this now in case I die - TW has been pinging me pretty hard for a long time, and I'd suggest you all reevaluate your TRs on him, because tbh I think our most likely loss scenario is keeping him alive through endgame if he's Scum. This is especially directed at Taly, who asked me about his townbloc earlier and whom I mostly agree with at this point. I'm definitely not committing to going after TW tomorrow, because I need to do my own reread and look at results of PP lynch, but it does bother me that he's so widely townread.
This in particular is what I am talking about and was the main factor in my shift in read on the worst.

I listened to the dead town.

You should, too.

Also relevant:
In post 1698, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Also disagree with lynching Fire today. I agree he's the most likely Scum out of the 4 linked by roles, + Maria's claim, but if he's town, leaving him alive forces the mafia to either get copped or deal with him for us.
His thoughts mirrored my own, on letting Fire Assassin live until today, but thinking him pun anyway.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 1840, Taly wrote:
DV
is my scumread though. It's based off PoE a good bit, but it's not for info solely.
In post 1682, Taly wrote:I'm highly suspect of
Fire
at this point

Espe/Vax/Dunn
are cleared to me, and based off roles. In the same breath, I feel
Maria
is cleared too, but it seems like nobody thinks so.
These may also be noteworthy.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

I guess Chara was skeptical of the speed of hammers but I kind of don't think scum let Shepherd not get lynched yesterday if he's town. That's probably not very good reasoning though.

At some point I need to sit down and work up a flowchart of wtf is even going on in this game. Right now feeling better about Shepherd than anyone else though.
vote conspiracy
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Commander Shepard »

On an away mission til Saturday
Commander Anderson gave me an urgent mission that has to be completed.

Will check in as I can.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2636, Punreader wrote:Given these rankings and the results of my shot, we can deduce I am most likely ranked at #11: below Shoshin, who is below MariaR.

Thus, my shot failed on Commander Shepherd because Nahdia was ranked even higher than Shoshin was.

This is not rocket science.

If you assume I am rank 11, everything makes sense. My shot on Pine went through because he was rank 12, lower than me; my shot on Commander Shepherd failed because he is ranked at around 5 give or take; my shot on Shoshin failed because Shoshin is ranked immediately above me at #10.

So my kills have failed not because of some doctor protection or some roleblock, but simply because I am too lowly ranked to have made them successfully.

This is, in my opinion, not a bad thing, given it means I am bulletproof to...literally everyone except for Fire Assassin, Vaxkiller, and guacamole. (An absolute maximum of two being pun. Most likely, just the one, and almost certainly, being Fire Assassin.)
Ok, how about killing fire assassin tonight?

I haven't looked at the alive numbers/etc, vax can you shoot again?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”