Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 am

Post by brassherald »

George Washington was the only American president to be unanimously elected.

Votecount 5.02

Blackvoid (1)
~

Gustavo (1)
~

Not Voting (4)
~ skitter30, Keyser Soze, BlackVoid, Errantparabola

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2018-08-04 21:30:00)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:21 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3496, Errantparabola wrote:I think that the paranoia that Gustavo is giving off feels a little fake to me. Here's the thing: what would I EXPECT scum to do today? They need to make it so that someone else gets lynched today while simultaneously making it as doable as possible to get someone else lynched tomorrow as well. I think that this falls somewhat into that category.
Problem with this.

If town, What do you need to do today? They need to make it so that someone else gets lynched today while simultaneously making it as doable as possible to get someone else lynched tomorrow as well if they lynch wrong today.

It’s basically the same motivation as scum. I don’t need to be right today to win. If you are town, you don’t need to be right today to win. If BV is town he doesn’t need the be right today to win.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3496, Errantparabola wrote:I got a lot less from scum associations than I thought I would which is a little disappointing.
Seems everyone is having issues with this.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3496, Errantparabola wrote:BV/Mathdino
Why no Mathdino posts?

What are your thoughts about math scum reading mom more but joining gamma for little to no reasons?

What about bv attempting to shade me for the same thing except i hadn’t expressed a read on mom yet and I had reasons for gamma?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 470, Momrangal wrote:Mathprobtown but I'm probably gonna flip back and forth there
Why do you think mom said she’s going to flip back and forth on math?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1297, Momrangal wrote:I actually townread math which IDK how to really take considering I usually scumread him regardless of his alignment. Objectively speaking, though and in a vacuum everything he's done is straight null alignment wise. Nothing he's done is outside his range of play as scum but I have a gut feeling that he isn't here, and it may be his progression.
He town reads math but normally he scum reads him, he doesn’t even really have a reason for it. Is this something scum would say about their partner?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:20 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Quick post before leaving for work.

@Keyser, some of the things you townread Gustavo for are things he can do as scum. Specifically, he's the kind of scum player that plays by deluding themselves into thinking that they are town so can have genuine-sounding, stubborn reactions. Here's an ISO of a recent scumgame.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Gustavo »

Yes please go read that game and then read this game. It’ll be clear hands down my play this game doesn’t resemble that game at all.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Gustavo »

After you read that game, go read a town game.

It’ll be very clear which game is similar. As scum I lurk and let town eat themselves and stand out of suspicion
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I did and that's somewhat true. You were less active there than here. You were still the third highest poster in that game so I wouldn't say you lurked. Regardless, it's given me some pause and I'm thinking it over.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

But town was not destroying itself here though. Momrangal and TheWorst were under heavy suspicion so you never really had that option.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Gustavo »

You do make a good point, but I could have easily lurked and used my experience to urge mom/the worst to do the same. I also wouldn’t be on either wagon. I also would never let the worst pull of any stupid gambits but people would have to take my word for it because I only have the one scum game. I’ve said my peace, I’ve made my case. I’ll sit and wait for people to lay their votes down. If I’m lynched today please listen to my posts about bv. bv vs errant I’m pretty sure bv is the one who flips scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3428, Gustavo wrote:And I have looked over your posts. I’ve already said that. So you implying I haven’t isn’t accurate. Out of the 4 of us I know 1 is town. I see one who doesn’t look as bad as the other 2.

I honestly don’t think scum shot me. I honestly don’t think scum shot math either. Bv didn’t do much of value when replacing in and didn’t vote mom and only hammered the worst. That sticks out the most to me. That’s where my vote lies.

I’m voting who I think is scum. I lack the power of persuasion cause nobody ever listens to me.
given tw/mom/{one of ep/you/math}, it makes the most sense to me that tw decided to shoot math that night tbh given the possible options
In post 2299, Gustavo wrote:So if you are town. You were combative when you didn’t need to be. You blatantly misrepped (lied) about your play last game (I proved this true), and you claimed doctor when you were under no threat of being lynched.

Yeah don’t worry if I’m wrong about you, I’ll never play with you again.

That said, I don’t think I’m wrong about you. It doesn’t matter though cause nobody is lynching you.

I will say that if you were town, there is no way scum would kill me so your story is definitely not believable.
You as town were more likely the person to be killed.

Why would scum kill me unless my reads were right. If they are right you are scum
this post is kinda interesting to me tho

your biggest scumread tells u they protected you the night before, the night there wasn't a kill. i kinda think that would prompt some sort of re-evaluation here, but you're using it as an oppurunity to double-down on the scumread, but back down because she isn't getting lynched, not really on play and def not after the claim

and your immediate reaction is that scum wouldn't have killed you so her story is fake which is just kinda ????

she can be telling the truth irregardless of targeting you irregardless of whether or not you had been targeted by scum too. like you not being the nk doesn't make *her* actions invalid. suboptimal, maybe you can argue, but i don't know why you're assuming she's lying or that her story is not believable.

@bv what do you think?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3436, Gustavo wrote:I honestly think tw faked a guilty on his partner. That’s my bottom line today. He avoided a mom wagon, he hammered scum who faked a guilty on him instead of being sooner on the wagon.

That’s my vote.
i don't think he was avoiding a mom wagon; i think he was taking time to decide whether or not he wanted to vote there and that's basically how he plays as town and i don't think that's scummy from him
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3443, Gustavo wrote:
In post 734, Mathdino wrote:The worst or Gamma Emerald, those are my two picks
Gimme better wagons, it's how I get my kicks

VOTE: GEmerald
I can play that game also. The worst had 4 votes. He scum reads the worst but doesn’t join the larger wagon.

Maybe math was trying to shift focus off the worst?
this post basically reads like:

'bv brought up a legimate point so i'm going to negate it by bringing up a similar thing that math did and use it to make up reasons to scumread him'

like t doesn't really seem like you think this is a good reason to scumread bv for but you use this to push him quite a bit and demand that bv defend it a few posts later

overall i think bv seems townier of the two from that exchange
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm tending quite a lot towards gustavo now btw
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3490, Gustavo wrote:If anyone does think it’s skitter, or could be skitter, start posting shit cause I ain’t got anything
i also really hate that you keep saying it could be me but do nothing to like ... actually explain why you're scumreading me or like try to ge tme lynched in any way

like i don't really care that you're scumreading me because i know quite well that i'm basically unlynchable today, but i don't understand the way you're interacting with me - if i'm scummy, try to get me lynched and try to get other people to see it. if i'm not, then why are you bringing this up?

like you keep saying you're scumreading me but you can't seem to explain why or how and you don't seem to be doing anything about it so i don't get what you're trying to accomplish by saying this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3496, Errantparabola wrote:Is it just me that feels like there are a lot of moving parts in this claim? I find it a little hard to buy that worst and BV collectively decided that
1) worst has a guilty on BV
2) BV is going to fakeclaim a 1-shot BP role
3) worst isn't a cop or a tracker or anything, he's a GUNSMITH (???)

Like it just seems like a disjointed set of claims that reads more to me like "real thing that sort of clashes with fake thing" aka BV's real claim vs worst's weird fake claim rather than BV and worst going "okay! these are the things we're going to claim!"
Another point in favor of BV being town?
In post 2993, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2989, Bernie Sanders wrote:Is it crazy that I'm actually considering BV here >____>

I think duck scum is very likely as bussing anyways but then on off chance my track on him messed with (unfortunately not negligable with TW publicly claimed as PR) it holds
I'm having a lot of trouble seeing this tbh irregardless of my read on bv

Like I sont get why tw busses bv here and not the other way around - I dont think even with the towncred of bussing a partner that tw makes it to endgame; and hes going to be suspected for not being dead in a couple of days

Like why do they do this out of the blue? I dont know if scum banks everything on this

Also bv-personality-wise this doesn't really feel like a plan he was involved in. It isnt ... neat enough. I don't know how to explain that better
this is basically what i meant by that btw

like it has too many pieces that fit together badly and like it's just so very ... messy

and i feel like if bv had been involved in a fake-claim plan it would have been a lot more planend out, and just wouldn't have had so many dangling parts that don't make sense really

like this just isn't how i see him going about this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i kinda want to vote gustavo now

realistically idk if i have it in me to reread isos/early-game tbh

like i want to and it's def a thing i'd usually be doing at this stage of the game but i don't think it's happening in the nearish future
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3512, skitter30 wrote:this post is kinda interesting to me tho
I know it doesn’t make sense to you but once my mind is made up on somebody I’m usually not going to change my mind. I honestly didn’t think I was shot at and I felt it was some sort of gambit given he voted me that day. If he thought he protected me from a NK, he should have never voted me. He should have never came at me. His credibility was shot with me already the moment he lied. You lie to me, I don’t trust you ever again.
In post 3513, skitter30 wrote:i don't think he was avoiding a mom wagon;
I obviously disagree with you.
In post 3514, skitter30 wrote:this post basically reads like:

'bv brought up a legimate point so i'm going to negate it by bringing up a similar thing that math did and use it to make up reasons to scumread him'
Except bv didn’t bring up a legitimate point and my point is hands down better. I hadn’t even read any of mom’s posts yet. Using that against me is a cheap shot.

Math expressed a scum read on mom and went against it.
In post 3515, skitter30 wrote:i'm tending quite a lot towards gustavo now btw
You’re making a mistake if you do. Please don’t make another one tomorrow and lose the game for us. Vote bv tomorrow.
In post 3516, skitter30 wrote:i also really hate that you keep saying it could be me but do nothing to like ... actually explain why you're scumreading me or like try to ge tme lynched in any way
You aren’t reading my posts then. I explained why I scum read yo. I also explained why I’m not pushing you. I guess I’ll repeat myself again

I scum read you off gut
I’m not pushing you because there is no evidence that links you to the other scum. I’ve reviewed all 3 of your posts and you make no sense compared to the other two.
In post 3518, skitter30 wrote:i kinda want to vote gustavo now
The go ahead and do it. I literally have nothing more I can add. Y’all know my reads and know who I want lynched tomorrow.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:10 am

Post by brassherald »

John Tyler was the first vice president to ascend to the presidency upon the death of a president. He did not make an inaugural address, and he never ran for the office of the Presidency.

Votecount 5.03

Blackvoid (1)
~

Gustavo (1)
~

Not Voting (4)
~ skitter30, Keyser Soze, BlackVoid, Errantparabola

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2018-08-04 21:30:00)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:21 am

Post by Gustavo »

VOTE: gustavo

Clearly I’m getting lynched today so let’s stop wasting time.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3520, brassherald wrote:John Tyler was the first vice president to ascend to the presidency upon the death of a president. He did not make an inaugural address, and he never ran for the office of the Presidency.
I swear I don’t even remember learning that in school. I usually hold on to useless facts like these. Maybe I’m getting old.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1070, skitter30 wrote:eh, i want to do this for now

VOTE: mom
Here ya go skitter.

This vote doesn’t make sense if you are scum. Especially if after this a wagon forms on gamma and you don’t switch. You didn’t have to join mom at all.

I also realize my read on you came from hard defending shos.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 3521, Gustavo wrote:VOTE: gustavo

Clearly I’m getting lynched today so let’s stop wasting time.
If you’re town, unvote bro.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”