Open 726 - Revenge of the Vengeful (Endgame)

Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Oath »

In post 572, Ankamius wrote:
In post 570, Oath wrote:um... do I have to count this as a loss because I initially pegged 2/3 scum and then correctly ID'd A50 in the dead qt UGH
You were pretty impressive, Oath. You were easily town MVP this game.
I could have been more active and left them with reads to go on, but I don't know if it would have matter :/

Anyway you guys I might dead this alt after I finish up the games I'm in, but if you see "glowball" around- DAS ME :)

GG
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 573, Ankamius wrote:That's somewhat another reason why I don't think this setup works very well in practice:

You need multiple town that are mostly correct and willing to act on those suspicions, but if the rest of the town is completely convinced that your scumspects are town... you have to get yourself lynched to kill them, which removes your influence from the game.

It's a really tricky tradeoff.
Yep. It makes it close to impossible for Town to win. Fun fact: I have hosted this game on my homesite. Everyone was super excited with the new mechanic. But it ended the exact same way it ended here: 1 scum left alone who ate all the food crates... Nobody really enjoyed the game because of the following. This setup is inherently flawed. I usually say that about Cult setups, because it goes against a basic statement of the game of Mafia: alignments being permanent (not talking about roles, but alignments), therefore allowing a constant read on someone. This setup goes against another basic statement: lynching your scum reads. That being said, the game was fun!
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:22 pm

In post 574, Rei wrote:I see. Tbh i personally dislike strategies like that because it confuses town even more
I can’t tell if someone is a scum and trying to hide it by saying he’s fishing or if he’s a townie doing that
It definitely has advantages in the reactions and all but you don’t give us your honest reads so I don’t know how to read you

Ye tbh oath was mvp i need him to teach me how to be an assassin
Yep I know this. It's why I used this game: it was an experimental setup, on an unranked game. Alike the current games on my homesite, which are ranked ones. Which is why I said I would've lynched myself.
Norweegian:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 575, Oath wrote:
In post 572, Ankamius wrote:
In post 570, Oath wrote:um... do I have to count this as a loss because I initially pegged 2/3 scum and then correctly ID'd A50 in the dead qt UGH
You were pretty impressive, Oath. You were easily town MVP this game.
I could have been more active and left them with reads to go on, but I don't know if it would have matter :/

Anyway you guys I might dead this alt after I finish up the games I'm in, but if you see "glowball" around- DAS ME :)

GG
Oh, hey!

I knew I recognized the avatar but I couldn't remember the name
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Oath »

HEY!

Yeah I changed it to Lulu, but this was my original avi on my main account. I came out of retirement and needed some warm up games so I made this alt so I wouldn't embarass myself lol
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Enigma »

Well done scum team. Did not get my suspicion early game hahaha and terrible scum reads from me.
Amazing shot from Oath D1.

Thanks for the flavour Ankamius and for modding!!!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Enigma »

Did the scum PT have more activity than here? Wow haha.
Suppose you get lazy in this game. Getting lynched as town isn’t a bad thing so it’s hard to read properly. I reckon it was about seeing who was the most manipulative and buddying like. At the end of D2 it was A50 for me lol.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 579, Oath wrote:HEY!

Yeah I changed it to Lulu, but this was my original avi on my main account. I came out of retirement and needed some warm up games so I made this alt so I wouldn't embarass myself lol
Lol this is also my first game for ages (I think after the server crash of 11). An alt to hide embarrassing play now seems like a good idea.
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Oath »

I didn't think your play was embarassing. I was surprised by your death honestly.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm

In post 582, Enigma wrote:
In post 579, Oath wrote:HEY!

Lol this is also my first game for ages (I think after the server crash of 11). An alt to hide embarrassing play now seems like a good idea.
Your play was far from embarassing! You played great. I was surprised when Trinity actually flipped town AND vengekilled you ;-;
Norweegian:
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:19 am

Post by Enigma »

I got really lazy with scumhunting, especially with the setup and a town read on me haha. So could have done better. I was honestly surprised with how quickly it turned onto me D2, and how I turned into the vengekill target despite obvious manipulation by certain people haha. I was a bit lost on scum D1 but at the end of D2 it started making more sense (I kinda wish I was lynched as I think I would have shot A50 and gain some cred too as an assassin).
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

Mafia PT released, sorry for the wait everybody

Return to “Completed Open Games”