League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:14 am

Post by hiplop »

i can no longer win a game or even slightly contribute idk what happened
third best scummer of all time
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am

Post by MTD »

In post 3825, hiplop wrote:i can no longer win a game or even slightly contribute idk what happened
The change being?
;)
still the same old MTD
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

He isn't playing with Zito!
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by hiplop »

that should change play w/ me zito
third best scummer of all time
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

i feel kind of free now
like i can finally just play for fun
idk what ill do next
maybe ill finally quit
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I quit. Life is good. Game is literal ass. Everyone that plays is underage and refuses to listen to their team.

I did a self-evaluation and realized I began dropping off my peak in 2015 because by 2016, everyone realized talking to their team leads to being toxic and therefore banned, and the passive-aggressive meta started. League players have fragile egos and are no longer capable of winning games outside of laning phase. If given the opportunity, they would play a laning phase only game so they could say they did well, or finally have a game they "won" and be satisfied by the game. This behavior makes it harder to keep a team together in the midgame.

Back in 2011-2015, if someone on the team was shotcalling, regardless of what spats people were having with their team,
they listened
. A shotcaller was accepted as a team role and the team that had one would win the game. Now it's acceptable to say "I need farm", not group to the point of losing the game, which is probably intentional these days (if you do anything else, you get banned), because if you lose lane, you totally need to complete an item, since even if you outmacro the enemy team, there's no way you can win a 5v4 or whatever the fuck goes on in some peoples brains.

I miss old League. My mechanics are ass, but I used to be so good at macro.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Post by Draynth »

I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but the way you phrased literally all of the above leads me to believe everyone else isn't the sole reason you're not enjoying the game anymore
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by PJ. »

Hate to break it to you, but "shot caller" has never been a role or a thing in solo q unless you were/are the super fed guy. No one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius"
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3831, Draynth wrote:I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but the way you phrased literally all of the above leads me to believe everyone else isn't the sole reason you're not enjoying the game anymore
The last thing I found enjoyable in League was playing Zyra, but she's legitimately not viable with Brand being a god tier support. The options are banning it or playing Soraka or Karma every game, maybe Morg, and I like Morg, but I half pick Morg to win lane, going for pick potential never ends well. Brand is a great ban, but then you miss out on Aatrox and Wukong, or at least you did, they were supposed to have been nerfed in a recent patch.

In my last games I was basically suiciding and 1v1ing everybody with Zyra because that's what the meta is. Regular League is basically URF. An arcade game. 30 minutes of your life per game is an arcade game. Not worth it.
In post 3832, PJ. wrote:Hate to break it to you, but "shot caller" has never been a role or a thing in solo q unless you were/are the super fed guy. No one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius"
Plainly not true. Shotcaller was a thing, and people would ask for someone to make calls if nobody was making any.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Maestro »

IMO, Aatrox is laughably not ban-worthy
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:51 am

Post by PJ. »

I've ranked since early season 2 from lowest bronze to lowest Plat. I have something like 6000 games or more. Never once have I seen ANYONE EVER be a designated shot caller. I've seen "follow the fed guy" but never once have I seen a "macro player" do anything but feed ask why no one listens to them. Spoiler: cause they bad.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. I'd participate in dick waving with you, but I'm sure you'd just call my peak rank bad, because you're a troll.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3833, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 3831, Draynth wrote:I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but the way you phrased literally all of the above leads me to believe everyone else isn't the sole reason you're not enjoying the game anymore
The last thing I found enjoyable in League was playing Zyra, but she's legitimately not viable with Brand being a god tier support. The options are banning it or playing Soraka or Karma every game, maybe Morg, and I like Morg, but I half pick Morg to win lane, going for pick potential never ends well. Brand is a great ban, but then you miss out on Aatrox and Wukong, or at least you did, they were supposed to have been nerfed in a recent patch.

In my last games I was basically suiciding and 1v1ing everybody with Zyra because that's what the meta is. Regular League is basically URF. An arcade game. 30 minutes of your life per game is an arcade game. Not worth it.
In post 3832, PJ. wrote:Hate to break it to you, but "shot caller" has never been a role or a thing in solo q unless you were/are the super fed guy. No one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius"
Plainly not true. Shotcaller was a thing, and people would ask for someone to make calls if nobody was making any.
Zyra is better than Brand in almost every elo rn - Brand is doing better in Bronze, but Zyra's doing great there, so it's not like it matters that much.
In post 3836, Lycanfire wrote:Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. I'd participate in dick waving with you, but I'm sure you'd just call my peak rank bad, because you're a troll.
panzer's been doing this for years for some reason

if it helps any, I peaked higher than he did and I have absolutely seen/done that kind of shotcalling. It's true that nobody listens to you if your KDA is bad, but if you play enchanter supports, it turns out you pretty much only appear to have a bad KDA when you fuck up really bad. Nobody really cares if Nami's 0/3 as long as it's like 0/3/7 or something.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Dying even once on a support like Nami or Janna is awful. I had been doing it spades this season, but I used to be really hard on myself, and I remember rarely dying even once on Janna. That's what supports should strive for if they're backline, because that's how they will climb.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Playing safe isn't always correct.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i too have never seen someone go "so who's the shotcaller now"

if anything it usually just falls to the jungler to ping stuff and make plays

and as a recovering jungle main, lemme tell you that 2011-2015 wasn't sunshine and rainbows for team collaboration
the amount of missed dragons or overextensions back then is p much the same way it is now
green shirt thursdays
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3839, Papa Zito wrote:Playing safe isn't always correct.
pretty much this

I onetricked Janna to Plat season 4, and there's a lot of times its worth potentially trading your life to make plays happen
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Draynth »

Nami is (/was? haven't played in like 2 months) freelo if you knew how to bully people in lane without inting
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:02 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3842, Draynth wrote:Nami is (/was? haven't played in like 2 months) freelo if you knew how to bully people in lane without inting
still is against standard lanes, she just has a hard time against Swain et al

or maybe I just have no idea how to play the MU
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Psyche »

she’s the top winrate atm at least
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Post by Draynth »

Yeah idk having to play against bruisers / mages bot just wasn't something I particularly felt like doing, and even in traditional lanes I wasn't enjoying the game anymore

I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point just for the sake of having the diamond border, although I've already decayed from d5 to plat 3 I think

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:46 am

Post by PJ. »

I thought decay went away
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 am

Post by Draynth »

I think they just removed it from gold and below, or below gold, not sure which

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

gold and below yeah
also i havent played league in weeks but because i've been playing overwatch instead i'm gaining a newfound appreciation for how good league teammates actually are
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:22 am