Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

hmmm town!BV actually getting cold feet
Or scum!BV saving the easier mislynch for LYLO
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3643, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 3638, skitter30 wrote:yeah idk if he literally asks to be hammered as scum

but the neighborhood things feels super super super town
Okay, that's fair but it's still a small sample of his overall posts. His latest posts really just squicked me out.
It felt like he was trying to get us to lynch Gustavo but not actually commit to anything and save his credibility for LYLO to go up against me.
There's also his unvote after Not_Mafia was hammered and claim that he doesn't N_M was going to flip scum. I felt like he kinda defaulted to thinking I was scum despite calling me town. It's just a lot easier to fake being very town at certain points but outside of that, I didn't really think his behavior was town. I still think my arguments for town-Errant are good but I just don't feel as good about the read as I should if that makes any sense.
i wasn't really bothered by his recent posts, and i also think that the defeatism in them was kinda town too

i didn't really get the vibe you're getting from the bolded.

also i kinda liked his nm unvote - he could have just let the wagon go through, and his trepidation around the wagon matched my feelings wrt nm at that time

also were you following math's dynamic duo game a few months back? i was a bit, and ep rolled scum in one of them and basically just acquiesced to being lynched when he was under pressure and let his partner carry the game to a win, and he's like ... efforting here imo
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:04 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3650, Irrelephant11 wrote:hmmm town!BV actually getting cold feet
Or scum!BV saving the easier mislynch for LYLO
I'll help you, it's the former.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Errantparabola »

That wasnt the reason why i allowed myself to get lynched
I did that because I wasnt 100% sure who my partner was and with the interactions/claims that were out they had their own plan going on clearly, i thought that trying to push spmeone else could potentially harm their plan

Anyway thats all irrelephant (i say, while lambasting “the worst” jokes)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Why would town-EP ask to be lynched when me and Gustavo were facing much more suspicion? He'd know that if we were both lynched, town would win and he realistically has a chance of being the last townie standing. It's just suboptimal play from town.

On the other hand, why say it as scum? I think he anticipated that people's reactions would be closer to "well, scum wouldn't ask to be lynched so EP is even more town" than to "well, let's lynch him because he asked to be lynched."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3647, Gustavo wrote:Is anyone familiar with skitter’s scum games? Does she like to bus/distance?
i absolutely would if i thought it would get scum farther overall, and i'm semi-decent at screwing with associatives

i don't think i could convincingly bus over like a month in real time starting from like the super super early posts of the game tho

like i would do it but i don't think it would look like this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3653, Errantparabola wrote:That wasnt the reason why i allowed myself to get lynched
I did that because I wasnt 100% sure who my partner was and with the interactions/claims that were out they had their own plan going on clearly, i thought that trying to push spmeone else could potentially harm their plan

Anyway thats all irrelephant (i say, while lambasting “the worst” jokes)
sorry if i got it wrong; i don't remember the exact circumstances offhand, i was only vaguely following it months ago but i'll prob go back and check at some point.

were you like a traitor or something?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Errantparabola »

My partner was
I’ll try digging up some other scum games but i play pretty infrequently so they might be oldish

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Errant wasn't the last scum in that game. I felt like he allowed himself to be lynched to avoid giving away further info about his partner. I think the scenario is different.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3655, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3647, Gustavo wrote:Is anyone familiar with skitter’s scum games? Does she like to bus/distance?
i absolutely would if i thought it would get scum farther overall, and i'm semi-decent at screwing with associatives

i don't think i could convincingly bus over like a month in real time starting from like the super super early posts of the game tho

I mean pushing on mom, fighting gamma and the next day playing the “see I told you” card is something I’ve seen scum do and it’s what you basically did.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3654, BlackVoid wrote:Why would town-EP ask to be lynched when me and Gustavo were facing much more suspicion? He'd know that if we were both lynched, town would win and he realistically has a chance of being the last townie standing. It's just suboptimal play from town.

On the other hand, why say it as scum? I think he anticipated that people's reactions would be closer to "well, scum wouldn't ask to be lynched so EP is even more town" than to "well, let's lynch him because he asked to be lynched."
idk, i read it as town who didn't want to go through the effort of efforting when they thought town would prob win it even if they were mislynched

like suboptimal, sure, but an understandable mindset i think given how i think ep feels about mafia in general (tends to lurk out, only in this game as part of a swap-replacement thing in the first place)
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:11 am

Post by BlackVoid »

On the N_M unvote, if he's scum, I suspect that he knew N_M was already lynched and unvoted just for the cred. It's either that or he knew that N_M not being lynched then means people will look primarily at me and secondarily at Gustavo. Errant wasn't really in danger at that point.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:15 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3660, skitter30 wrote:idk, i read it as town who didn't want to go through the effort of efforting when they thought town would prob win it even if they were mislynched
But that's not really true. If he was mislynched, town would have to decide between me and Gustavo. He suspected both of us. It was he that was not being suspected so he was actually in the best position to say "lynch through the others and we'll win."

It's semi-understandable if he was fighting for his life and said "well just lynch me so there's no question mark about my slot." I'd still consider it poor play but I can understand it as a town thought process.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3659, Gustavo wrote:
In post 3655, skitter30 wrote:

I mean pushing on mom, fighting gamma and the next day
playing the “see I told you” card
is something I’ve seen scum do and it’s what you basically did.
as town i'm actually that confident/cocky and i'll say i told you so when i think people are wrong and i'm right and people didn't listen to me. i'll pull up a bunch of examples if you want me to as town. i don't think i've ever said that as scum

i can't really fake cockiness as scum. like i can fake analysis but everyting is much more ... careful and methodological and i won't really do anything to rock the boat and i'm much much much more worried about how people percieve me - like i wont' go out of my way to antagnoize people by reminding them about how they were wrong and i was right.

as town i care about being right, more than i care about winning, and i'll tell you if you're wrong and i really really really don't care what you think about me as a result
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'm still just ready to lynch Gustavo.

Some things from his ISO
In post 2434, Gustavo wrote:I told yall mom was scum ;)
This is how he started D2, and is also false. D1 he actually said lotsa times that Mom's wagon was bad, his gut said she'd flip town, etc. And yet he tries to get towncred for her lynch
Eh, this has probably been covered.

But much more excitingly, a real life scumslip!
In post 3454, Gustavo wrote:
In post 3452, BlackVoid wrote:You voted Momrangal at a point where it was almost assured that she was the lynch of the day with a small chance that it could be TheWorst.
And mom was your top scumnread and you didn’t vote
her
at all. You instead say you are thinking of voting the worst instead.

Didn’t want to bus the encryptor?
In post 3464, Gustavo wrote:Mom never got to post because I put
her
at l-1 letting NM hammer

Now from the POV of bv being scum. Asking 2 people to claim, mom who’s l-2 and is scum PR, him mentioning we need both claims in case one claims a PR is kind of suspicious
In post 3504, Gustavo wrote:
In post 470, Momrangal wrote:Mathprobtown but I'm probably gonna flip back and forth there
Why do you think mom said
she’s
going to flip back and forth on math?
Mom is the only woman in this game Gustavo has never misgendered! Y'all might not put stock in it, but I do. VOTE: Gustavo
harder
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Irre her name is literally mom

--implosion
provided
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Yeah that helps me remember it too but fwiw actually "Momrangal" which isn't obviously gendered and Nauci's avi is literally the face of a woman and iirc he misgendered her along with shoshin and skitter

anyway like I said it's not strong enough that any of you will likely sheep me about it but it is strong enough that it adds to what is already my scummiest read
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Errantparabola »

One final thing, to both skitter and BV: i know i made a couple of comments that you guys are extrapolating my defeatist attitude from but its obviously not like that (see: effort)

I care about the game (again clearly) and i was really frustrated at how keyser was doubting me and i will feel like shit if i get lynched in lylo

--implosion
provided
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 3667, Irrelephant11 wrote:Nauci's avi is literally the face of a woman and iirc he misgendered her
I checked and this is true
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3362, Errantparabola wrote:So if anyone wants to lynch me today and (maybe, probably) Gustavo tomorrow, I’d sign that bill if you catch my drift. And i get that BV thinks that “REAL town should NEVER accept that they get lynched in this situation” but i genuinely have no idea who the hell it could be, and I have a godawful track record endgame, and as town in general

so i am not about to tryhard just to fight a losing battle with whoever ends up in lylo and lose this game.
idk

this makes me feel like he thinks he's a lylo liability and would rather that he gets mislynched now where it won't lose the game than tomorrow where it would be

like i don't know if he thinks about how that necessarily positions the rest of the game the same way that you do
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

and that he doesn't want to go through the effort tomorrow of avoiding that and that he'd rather get mislynched today without much effort than tomorrow after efforting
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3664, Irrelephant11 wrote:This is how he started D2, and is also false. D1 he actually said lotsa times that Mom's wagon was bad, his gut said she'd flip town, etc. And yet he tries to get towncred for her lynch
Post game let’s sit down and work on your sarcasm detector
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3668, Errantparabola wrote:One final thing, to both skitter and BV: i know i made a couple of comments that you guys are extrapolating my defeatist attitude from but its obviously not like that (see: effort)

I care about the game (again clearly) and i was really frustrated at how keyser was doubting me and i will feel like shit if i get lynched in lylo
um i didn't see this post, sorry

but yeah that's basicaly what i'm getting from you

you care and are efforting and trying to solve it but don't want to be the lylo mislynch so if you're bound to get lynched you'd rather it happened today

is that right?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3664, Irrelephant11 wrote:Mom is the only woman in this game Gustavo has never misgendered!
:roll:

Mom in my mind is always female. I wasn’t raised by gay dads or anything so that’s kind of an easy thing to remember

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”