False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5099, Ankamius wrote:I want my neighborhood released at least since that was my equivalent of a private PT this game
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5097, mastina wrote:
In post 5095, Shoshin wrote:Out of curiosity, are you a lawyer?
I am not!
I am autistic, with a fondness for writing (something I've considered is that my skillset may be well-suited to technical writing, but this mostly manifests in me having started thousands of stories), which gives an aura similar to that of a lawyer (see also, people commonly think that when I'm playing on alts of mine that I'm Titus, who IS a lawyer :P), but I myself am not one.

Was told I'd make an excellent politician by many people, though!
I am a computer programmer
Titus is a lawyer.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Shoshin »

I figured you were a computer programmer.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Shoshin »

Is there a list of what people do for a living? I feel like that could be pretty useful for scumhunting purposes.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5102, Shoshin wrote:I figured you were a computer programmer.
Interesting when you have time I would love to get to know you more and see how you came to that conclusion. :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5104, MathBlade wrote:
Interesting when you have time I would love to get to know you more and see how you came to that conclusion. :)
It's sort of obvious from the way you play the game. Like, talking about "rules" instead of really trying to dig deeper into things. It's very algorithmic.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5105, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5104, MathBlade wrote:
It's sort of obvious from the way you play the game. Like, talking about "rules" instead of really trying to dig deeper into things. It's very algorithmic.
Computer programmers dig deep into things, lol

Aka bug fixing

And it is somewhat but not somewhat
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Bug fixing, lol... I'm not saying you're not a deep thinker, but just that what you allow yourself to even contemplate feels limited by certain assumptions about how things are supposed to work, and then you sort of make deductions from that starting point in a very algorithmic way. Not all the time, of course, but more than what I'd expect from, say, a yoga teacher.

It's a very different approach to the game than mine. Which is cool, I've enjoyed playing with you quite a bit.

Are you on discord btw? I need to get on that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If you can figure out how to decipher how he thinks town vs scum, let me know

I still can't and the two of us have been friends for over a year
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(tbf though I read motivation and tone a lot better than raw logic or information so that's probably why)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5107, Shoshin wrote:Bug fixing, lol... I'm not saying you're not a deep thinker, but just that what you allow yourself to even contemplate feels limited by certain assumptions about how things are supposed to work, and then you sort of make deductions from that starting point in a very algorithmic way. Not all the time, of course, but more than what I'd expect from, say, a yoga teacher.

It's a very different approach to the game than mine. Which is cool, I've enjoyed playing with you quite a bit.

Are you on discord btw? I need to get on that.
I am on Discord I just don’t want to put it here in public. I don’t mind chatting with you but I don’t want an unknown person on my discord
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Fun fact, that's actually my brother's job! He's a programmer, got a Masters degree in it even. Makes enough money to be entirely self-sufficient with zero debt.

I tried to become a programmer at around the same age he started (my interest being in games, naturally), but I struggled too much with it. I completed Digiprep easily enough and completed the two-year Digipen program at my school (the one with seven textbooks), but I was getting grades like C- at the end and my mother
hired the teacher's assistant to be a private tutor for me
to get me even those grades; without him I'd have just outright failed.

For our final game project, I contributed zero code. My contribution was exclusively the music for the game that I composed in a program meant for editing (not creating) music. (Still counted tho!)

In other words, I don't have the head for it on any professional level. I've dabbled with some coding, because of customizing webcomic sites by modifying HTML/CSS, and obviously I've dabbled in wiki code quite a fair amount, but that's the extent of my skills there. Enough to make something which may or may not look good, but which was made by me to display my work.
In post 5103, Shoshin wrote:Is there a list of what people do for a living? I feel like that could be pretty useful for scumhunting purposes.
Actually, just yesterday, I caught a glimpse of a list in GTKAS. There's a Job with a Name thread. Not sure that's what it's used for (haven't checked it out), but something at least similar to that does in fact exist!

(My job is lifeguard btw. I have a college degree in CAD, which is Computer Aided Drafting, using programs like SolidWorks, Catia, and AutoCAD, primarily focused on Mechanical Engineering. But aside from a consulting job I can't talk about where I was a contractor, I don't have a job in the field.)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I think I've figured out a really strong scum-tell for Math, but I can't say with certainty until I catch him on it. I'm pretty sure he's not aware of it so I don't want to say anything yet.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Shoshin »

You're a lifeguard? That's so cool! I was recently at a water park and thought to myself how that'd be an awesome job lol
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm not authorized to view that thread. How do I get that?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5114, Shoshin wrote:I'm not authorized to view that thread. How do I get that?
Set up your Speakeasy access in your profile
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5112, Shoshin wrote:I think I've figured out a really strong scum-tell for Math, but I can't say with certainty until I catch him on it. I'm pretty sure he's not aware of it so I don't want to say anything yet.
You’d be the first.

I’d love to know it when we are not in any active games where my alignment could be anything so if it is real I can eradicate it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I hope it's the type that's very difficult to manipulate for that reason :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5113, Shoshin wrote:You're a lifeguard? That's so cool! I was recently at a water park and thought to myself how that'd be an awesome job lol
You'd be surprised...... :P

(Basically, I have made it abundantly clear I believe Hell is not fire and brimstone, nor is it a frozen tundra. True hell is WATER. And any lifeguard can tell you as much.)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5118, mastina wrote:Basically, I have made it abundantly clear I believe Hell is not fire and brimstone, nor is it a frozen tundra. True hell is WATER. And any lifeguard can tell you as much.
I'm literally loling. I love the water lol... why are you a lifeguard if you don't like it?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hell is unlogged program breaking bugs that your boss wants fixed yesterday that have no symptoms and no reproducibility.
Fiery labor is a project behind schedule before you start because management doesn’t understand stuff isn’t instant

Heaven is the feeling the day after you kick all that shit’s ass and you feel like a god.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 5111, mastina wrote:
Fun fact, that's actually my brother's job! He's a programmer, got a Masters degree in it even. Makes enough money to be entirely self-sufficient with zero debt.

I tried to become a programmer at around the same age he started (my interest being in games, naturally), but I struggled too much with it. I completed Digiprep easily enough and completed the two-year Digipen program at my school (the one with seven textbooks),
Sno-isle, by any chance?

@Shoshin: I'm curious, do you have any read on what I do?
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Same... Well, at least what I want to do since my current job isn't glamorous
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5121, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 5111, mastina wrote:

I tried to become a programmer at around the same age he started (my interest being in games, naturally), but I struggled too much with it. I completed Digiprep easily enough and completed the two-year Digipen program at my school (the one with seven textbooks),
Sno-isle, by any chance?

@Shoshin: I'm curious, do you have any read on what I do?
I'd guess you do something involving writing, but not a lawyer. Maybe journalism. Maybe.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Anyone have any guess what I do?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”