Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4995 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4992, RadiantCowbells wrote:like idk as the mod you guys berating the person who caught the scum team d2 because they didn't suicide to protect a person whose reads were all dead wrong seems pretty silly to me

think a lot of this is just you all siding against shoshin because she's an outsider relatively
Shoshin is good. Don’t get me wrong.

She does deserve props for this game.

However saying you know more than the entire town is incredibly risky to say the least.
If Shoshin was wrong and town it would have been very very bad.

That rule for bodyguard exists for a reason. Same with a couple other PRs.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4996 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4995, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4992, RadiantCowbells wrote:like idk as the mod you guys berating the person who caught the scum team d2 because they didn't suicide to protect a person whose reads were all dead wrong seems pretty silly to me

think a lot of this is just you all siding against shoshin because she's an outsider relatively
Shoshin is good. Don’t get me wrong.

She does deserve props for this game.

However saying you know more than the entire town is incredibly risky to say the least.
If Shoshin was wrong and town it would have been very very bad.

That rule for bodyguard exists for a reason. Same with a couple other PRs.
^^ Commander Shepard derp.

Make it all game without slipping then do in post game

#facepalm
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5016 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am just glad I hit the worst.

I think even with my wrong read on Shoshin that was the right play.

And if Shoshin died I would have tunneled Random. I was leaning there somewhat
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5018 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

Honestly if Shoshin lived and scum killed anyone else though we lose or comes close as I tunnel Shoshin
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5021 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5019, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5009, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like

You have a nightkill voyeured as being protected and you are still calling them scum with no known way for scum to have predicted the voyeur

That's not on shoshin..
Yes, I think that’s why the worst and me were hesitant to lynch Shoshin on D4, we were both having serious qualms about Realiity’s out there scumdoc theory. Contrary to your assertion, the theory of scumdoc Shoshin protecting and killing Nico is not at all similar to yours and Mastina’s vig gambit in Minuet. Why? Because you both already KNEW the outcome but you never had a reasonable case how Shoshin could have, so I’m pretty much smacking my head now, how I ever for a second ever fell for this absurd tinfoiling. Has there ever been a game in the entire history of Mafia where this has ever even happened?
Yeah ....one of my worst games ever.
And also a different one that was one of my best.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5026 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5016, MathBlade wrote:I am just glad I hit the worst.

I think even with my wrong read on Shoshin that was the right play.

And if Shoshin died I would have tunneled Random. I was leaning there somewhat
Were you playing in this game under an alt? *seriously confuzzled* :eek:
^^ Commander Shepard = MathBlade
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5070 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5066, Shoshin wrote:That sounds like another stupid role rule.
It’s a well published role rule on the wiki

It’s to prevent scum from claiming it later if they get checked.

There’s no town benefit to not claiming miller.

If you forget you just have to hope you’re not copped

The wiki should also add “Not allowed to forget/rescind a Miller claim too”

Not saying I have done this (looks around nervously)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5080 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4997, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ok mb I mixed you up with someone else who did what I said

You were still utterly certain town was scum so =[
Pretty sure in my hood I said if Shoshin town I would be pushing Random will double check later but I mean cmon y’all. Like even if I scumread all things wrong

Friendly neighbor is a role that forces scum to adapt.

Neighbor itself is one of the most powerful roles in the game.

Friendly neighbor is damn good
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5084 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5082, the worst wrote:technically.
:lol:

was it a good read? it sounds like you were actually pretty well tuned into the gamestate considering the limited time you had (Ank mentioning your theory that 9p could be LyLo is what originally tuned me into the idea of there being 4 scum)
Yeah at least you saw my very limited dumping ground

I am actually working on posting less and using scribble notes more
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5085 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

It’s a shame I couldn’t post after I was dead lol
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5092 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5091, Ankamius wrote:
In post 5024, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 5022, Ankamius wrote:I've been in a game where scum had secret access to a neighborhood, Nancy.

Plus I was considering Wheme being scum too.
That was my game
I'm referring to a Skullduggery game
I’ve been a part of so many as scum I have lost count.
Shadowrun
The mini in my sig
Off the top of my head and had a few before those

I was in Undertale that ended up developing one
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5094 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5093, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5092, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5091, Ankamius wrote:
In post 5024, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 5022, Ankamius wrote:I've been in a game where scum had secret access to a neighborhood, Nancy.

Plus I was considering Wheme being scum too.
That was my game
I'm referring to a Skullduggery game
I’ve been a part of so many as scum I have lost count.
Shadowrun
The mini in my sig
Off the top of my head and had a few before those

I was in Undertale that ended up developing one
Ah, so that’s why you’re such an expert on random.
Lol I wouldn’t say expert but I have a basis.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5101 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5097, mastina wrote:
In post 5095, Shoshin wrote:Out of curiosity, are you a lawyer?
I am not!
I am autistic, with a fondness for writing (something I've considered is that my skillset may be well-suited to technical writing, but this mostly manifests in me having started thousands of stories), which gives an aura similar to that of a lawyer (see also, people commonly think that when I'm playing on alts of mine that I'm Titus, who IS a lawyer :P), but I myself am not one.

Was told I'd make an excellent politician by many people, though!
I am a computer programmer
Titus is a lawyer.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5104 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5102, Shoshin wrote:I figured you were a computer programmer.
Interesting when you have time I would love to get to know you more and see how you came to that conclusion. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5106 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5105, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5104, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5102, Shoshin wrote:I figured you were a computer programmer.
Interesting when you have time I would love to get to know you more and see how you came to that conclusion. :)
It's sort of obvious from the way you play the game. Like, talking about "rules" instead of really trying to dig deeper into things. It's very algorithmic.
Computer programmers dig deep into things, lol

Aka bug fixing

And it is somewhat but not somewhat
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5110 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5107, Shoshin wrote:Bug fixing, lol... I'm not saying you're not a deep thinker, but just that what you allow yourself to even contemplate feels limited by certain assumptions about how things are supposed to work, and then you sort of make deductions from that starting point in a very algorithmic way. Not all the time, of course, but more than what I'd expect from, say, a yoga teacher.

It's a very different approach to the game than mine. Which is cool, I've enjoyed playing with you quite a bit.

Are you on discord btw? I need to get on that.
I am on Discord I just don’t want to put it here in public. I don’t mind chatting with you but I don’t want an unknown person on my discord
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5115 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5114, Shoshin wrote:I'm not authorized to view that thread. How do I get that?
Set up your Speakeasy access in your profile
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5116 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5112, Shoshin wrote:I think I've figured out a really strong scum-tell for Math, but I can't say with certainty until I catch him on it. I'm pretty sure he's not aware of it so I don't want to say anything yet.
You’d be the first.

I’d love to know it when we are not in any active games where my alignment could be anything so if it is real I can eradicate it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5120 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hell is unlogged program breaking bugs that your boss wants fixed yesterday that have no symptoms and no reproducibility.
Fiery labor is a project behind schedule before you start because management doesn’t understand stuff isn’t instant

Heaven is the feeling the day after you kick all that shit’s ass and you feel like a god.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5126 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5124, Shoshin wrote:Anyone have any guess what I do?
Teacher or psychologist or counselor << Something along those lines

You remind me of my first good therapist
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5141 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5139, Shoshin wrote:Seems like there's a lot of programmers playing mafia... is there something about the game that attracts that crowd?
I play to better my social skills
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”