big poll abt normal preferences

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

i guess what i basically expect from a normal game is:

a) reasonably balanced

b) it should be very obvious how roles interact with each other

c) certain fundementals are in play: scum know who each other are (barring things like traitors), scum can kill at night, there are fewer scum than town, etc

i don't really like sks but i don't think they're not normal so long as it's been announced as a possibility

i odn't really mind if 'new' / greylisted roles are in a normal game so long as:

a) the possibility of such roles being included has been announced beforehand

b) role PM is posted upon flip

c) it's abundantly clear how that role interacts with other roles - like 'mason tracker' isn't explicitly whitelisted i think (or maybe it just became so in the newest update, i don't remember), but like it's very obvious what it does and how it interacts with everything else and i think a role like that is reasonable in a normal game

i wouldn't care if normal games had flavor; like that doesn't affect the 'normal-ness' of a game for me

i guess the defining factor of a normal game for me is that players should have reasonable knowledge as to what's possible in the game and that the game is reasonably balanced.

if you announce beforehand that the game will be a blitz game, or that it's possible that there will be an sk, i don't care if a normal is a blitz or has an sk so long as players know what they're getting into

mechanics that change the fundemental structure of the game i wouldn't consider normal - i guess i would prefer something like multiball to be announced beforehand but that kinda straddles the line for me and i wouldn't consider it non-normal if it showed up in a game. annoying, sure, but it's been established that multiball is possible in the normal queue so even if i didn't want multiball i wouldn't consider it non-normal since it's known to be a possibility

(i haven't played in the normal queue since the new guidelines have been implemented so maybe multiball was taken out? I don't remember; my opinion on multiball is based on the old normal guidelines)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”