Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3772, Irrelephant11 wrote:I've learned that this sore subject makes you angry and leads to many posts that are unhelpful because they are NAI. I'm gonna skip this question
No please don’t.

If a player out right lied about you to shade you. How would you react?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3772, Irrelephant11 wrote:I think it's scummy not because of the compromising, but because of the refusal most of the time to cooperate
Idk if I ever refused to cooperate though. Can you find some specific examples where I refused to cooperate?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3773, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 3771, Gustavo wrote:
In post 3769, Irrelephant11 wrote:Sure, but it's a marked difference from your tone even 30 minutes ago. I'm trying to discern how AI that is. Also, you're welcome.
No it isn’t.
Okay. You can pick whatever words you want here. Some choices:

1) "hammer time?" and a list of three questions are different and I wonder if it's AI
2) Gustavo has wanted to end the day and wanted to keep talking at different points in the last couple hours, interesting
3) My favorite color is peach and Gustavo is a majestic giraffe
I’m sitting at l-2 right now. Even if I self vote nobody is hammering me so as I’ve been doing all day, I’m still participating until I’m dead
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Gustavo »

VOTE: gus

Hammer time?

Now can you answer my questions?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Yep I'm re-reading to find them
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Gustavo »

My issue with you is you aren’t even using things that are AI in general, and things that are probably more in line with my town meta.

People give me shit for having bad reads
For tunneling
For not cooperating

Sadly I do all that as town. I try to fix it but as somebody said, I’m a surface level player. I see lying as a scumtell and don’t consider the alternative (not sure how lying is town I say but whatever)

Sure my interactions with flipped scum look bad, but that’s probably the only real reason anyone has.

Scum did a good job of blurring the lines, obviously because this decision today is harder than anyone expected.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

sorry at work and things got busier answers might have to happen later
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Okay, screw it, lost a post.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

:(
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3732, skitter30 wrote:bv, this might be a weird thing to say but i'm getting the vibe that you kinda want me to scumread errant
Okay, this is getting a bit frustrating to explain, perhaps it's a communication failure on my end.

I have the same misgiving that you do on Gustavo. Would scum really ask to be hammered? Would scum really self-vote at this point when the game would end. The obvious implication for me everytime this happens is that Errant is scum. Errant himself I'm not townreading outside of those isolated reactions regarding the neighborhood guilty.

I brought up multiple points why his behavior is scummy but you're just holding onto that read based on very isolated evidence and getting paranoid of me instead every time I try to get you to reconsider. You're confirmation-biasing your read on Errant.

Everytime Gustavo does something townie, you back off and wonder "would scum really do that?" but you never arrive at the obvious conclusion that if he's town, then Errant is scum. Then that somehow morphs into "maybe BV is scum" and then back to wanting to lynch Gustavo. We're kind of going around in circles at this point.
also i kinda skimmed thru tw's iso again and he was shading your slot a lot when you replaced in, complaining that he didn't want to read ur posts - he had to have decided that he wanted to shade his partner basically from when u repped in

also tw's plan kinda imploded because bernie incidentally tracked him, so i'm thinking what he wanted to happen in an ideal universe - you get lynched. i'm still having a very hard believing he thought could coast on that, or that scum!you didn't bus him given that you were in a much better spot than him. i don't htink he was planning on getting lynched - he was setting this up for a day or so and was using that to coast

(like even before you repped in - now that i think about it i don't think he concocts this plot with an empty-math slot overnight. although tbf he could have just had a general 'claim pr' plan that only solidified after you rep in)

i'm trying to get over my paranoia because i think ur very very likely town here on play but it's just not something i can dismiss easily because like ... everyone's very town rn and pocketing me is how scum!you wins so i don't want to just discount that possibility
All of those reasons are great reasons I'm town. And there are more. Summarized here:

1. Setup suggests I'm town (1-shot BP + Odd night doc)
2. TheWorst faking a guilty on me if I were scum is basically gamethrowing at that point.
3. You are correct that if I were scum, I'd have planned it differently.
4. I would not have pushed Nauci and Irrelephant as scum. In fact, I'd consider it very suboptimal since attacking good townies always puts you in the spotlight.
5. My reasons for scumreading Nauci on being informed.
6. My play around Momrangal/TheWorst wagons. I'd not be so indecisive. I'd anticipate that one of them were getting lynched and just push that person.
7. Finally, most importantly, I can't sustain this level of activity and gamesolving over so, so long as scum.

You not wanting to "discount the possibility of me being scum" because scum me would townread you is really kinda ridiculous at this point. I'd townread you no matter what my alignment is. Continuing to bring up something completely null and getting paranoid over it when literally everything points to me being town is something I'm just not understanding. Yeah, I'd call you town even if I'm scum, so what?

I think it's because of that comment I made about how I'd pocket town players that you're so worried that I could be doing it here. But that's literally what most scum players would do. There's nothing grand or insightful or new about it. It would also very much not look like this. I'd do what Errant did. Things like mysteriously having Irrelephant/Nauci as his top townreads which I think is a somewhat superficial reading for that phase of the game. Irrelephant's most towny posts came much later and Nauci - Nauci was literally practicing for her coding boot camp and that's why she posted all those VCs. She didn't explain this until D4 after she claimed. That and the informed perspective thing I mentioned earlier.

Anyways, I'm probably around 60-40 at Gustavo-Errant. If you're going to re-evaluate Errant, we can actually solve this today but if I'm just going to get more of what's happened so far, just lynch Gustavo and sort between me and Errant tomorrow.

Obviously, I agree with Irrelephant that even if Gustavo is town, I don't want him in LYLO. If Errant is scum, I'd be much more confident in being able to present a coherent arguement than Gustavo's theatrics and insults.

I think he's slightly more likely scum than Errant just because it already seemed like he was going to get lynched ANYWAYS. I wouldn't rule out a last ditch effort of "lynch me" hoping to get people to back off and do precisely what you just did.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:12 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Sorry that post sounded rather irritated. I'm just trying to understand what more you want from me here. I could understand your initial reaction of well "MathDino didn't do anything but rap so I'm default paranoid of your slot" but you're bringing up nearly the exact same argument nearly a month into the game.

My scumgame is not any better than yours no matter what that one comment may have led you to believe.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3784, BlackVoid wrote:Obviously, I agree with Irrelephant that even if Gustavo is town, I don't want him in LYLO.
What?

I’d be way less of a liability in lylo than elephant man would be.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:20 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Irrelephant, I typed up a longer post for you but that was the one I lost so I'll summarize it.

Your reasons for why Errant is town are similar to what I brought up earlier in so I'm not sure why you claimed that they are simplistic. If I thought they were strong enough reasons to "know" he was town, I'd be more comfortable with the gamestate but I don't think so. They all feel like reaching even when I brought them up at first - as an effort to set Errant aside and get some clarity on the game. There's nothing that's solid and powerful that makes me truly believe that yeah, he's town and the game is solved.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Bottomline, there's pretty much no reason for TheWorst to fake-claim a guilty on his partner and essentially throw the game. Guiltying a townie as a last ditch effort to get a mislynch in before he dies is actually pretty good scumplay and much better than silently getting lynched. I should be clear for all intents and purposes and Irrelephant and skitter both swimming around in endless paranoia is quite honestly baffling at this point.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3788, BlackVoid wrote:Bottomline, there's pretty much no reason for TheWorst to fake-claim a guilty on his partner and essentially throw the game. Guiltying a townie as a last ditch effort to get a mislynch in before he dies is actually pretty good scumplay and much better than silently getting lynched. I should be clear for all intents and purposes and Irrelephant and skitter both swimming around in endless paranoia is quite honestly baffling at this point.
That isn’t game throwing. Hard bussing happens.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I suppose based on setup, it is more likely Gustavo. Errant's claim doesn't fit into the setup as well as mine does but it definitely acts as a counter to neapolitan limiting the number of people that can be cleared which is smart setup design. That and the timing of Gustavo's votes and unvotes on himself and asking for hammer gives me more of a "get people to not lynch him WIFOM" vibe than a genuine townie accepting lynch while posting their reads vibe. Because everytime we agree on Gustavo-scum, he does something ridiculous and its "oh, would scum do that?" So, it's probably Gustavo. Hopefully.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Gustavo »

Idk if I’d sat your claim makes more sense though. With tracker and doctor yours makes less sense
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Gustavo »

Self voting in this situation isn’t “so ridiculous “ though. Sure it’s generally anti town but in this situation it isn’t.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Gustavo - everytime
you think
a player is lying about you, do you think they’re scum?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3793, Keyser Söze wrote:@Gustavo - everytime
you think
a player is lying about you, do you think they’re scum?
Usually yes. Don’t you?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

When I thought Shos/Irrelephant11 was being untruthful about me I didn’t scum read them for it.
Yes, I got overly emotional, frustrated and aggressive but I stayed rational.

My town read on you is based on WIFOM.

But there is that paranoia now building in my head chipping away at that town read:

- your righteous indignation and aggression looks and feels real (is that truly indicative of your alignment?), but you are always coming out the other end of that anger with a scum read directed at that player. I’m thinking: are those ‘supposed lies’ giving you the ammunition to perform these angry tirades..? Townies can lie. Townies can be stubborn and maintain incorrect stances about you.

Why don’t you show any balance or signs of trying to measure out someone’s perspective?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 430, skitter30 wrote:
In post 426, stungun0404 wrote:hot take: scum is among bernie, nsg, nauci, momrangal, and the worst
Btw I don't think duckling and mom are scum together
TW's and Mom's partner would not say this.
TW's and Mom's partner
would
say this!
Nope, TW's and Mom's partner would not say this.

:shifty:
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:19 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Me, skitter, and Errant all said something similar at some point. I don't know if there's much to be read into it. They had some partner-like interactions but with the way the day played out, it did look unlikely that both concensus scumreads were scum. I think it's plausible scum might say it as well since it's a reasonable thing to say.

Where are you at with your reads?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Before skitter loses her town read of TW towards the end of D1, skitter repeats repeats underlines underlines emphasizes emphasizes that TW and mom can't be scum partners:
In post 430, skitter30 wrote:Btw I don't think duckling and mom are scum together
In post 949, skitter30 wrote:i think mom may be wk'ing a tw mislynch
In post 1066, skitter30 wrote:i mean i think she may be scum defending town!tw for the mislynch in the hopes of gaining towncred
In post 1090, skitter30 wrote:i'm pretty confident that the two of them are not s/s tho; i'd be quite surprised if they were because the timing of their votes on you and tw's vote on mom doesn't feel like partners
In post 1338, skitter30 wrote:i feel like her defense of tw may have been a white-knight; it doesn't really feel sincere to me; it feels kinda self-righteous.
In post 1338, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1316, Errantparabola wrote:No longer townreading worst.
why?

WIFOM says: scum-skitter wouldn't dare try to pump scum propaganda into our minds this hard, with the likely chance of an angry town backlash.

Agree/disagree?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 3797, BlackVoid wrote:Where are you at with your reads?
Today, I'd probably vote Errant or Gustavo (very reluctantly).

Reading skitter's last 100 posts now...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”