projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:it seems like you just try to "feel" your way into all of your scumreads
you don't articulate any of the points you make that you have conviction on. all of them are very vague and you make everything seem like it's something but you never explain what that something is ever
i do try to feel my way into scumreads, and why is that a bad thing? the thing about reading games based on tone is that you subconsciously pick up on stuff that you may not be able to put into words. i think it's completely valid to assert that a post feels "off", and i don't see the need to make up some fake logic about why i found it bad as opposed to being honest and saying that i think his tone is scummy.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:no......no it's not.
this is what i meant by posturing
it reads "nos lurking would be scummy if the entire playerlist wasn't also lurking" if you don't twist it
this is a super generous interpretation of what sakura said.

for clarity, the wording of the post was:

"I could argue that nos being a non presence means nos scum... but that's literally everyone this game."

how is that not a statement of neutrality? at best, it's filler post with no actual reads or attempts to game-solve. at worst, it's a filler post that sakura could use to justify voting nos in the future.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:""performative towntelling"? if you definitely didn't like it you could have told us exactly what you meant but i think you were aware this was just a generic wagon join
performative towntelling is pretty descriptive, no? it looked like an unnecessary way to highlight the fact that she was adding pressure to the wagon because she was insecure about voting it without saying anything. she's pointing out that she's doing a town thing, and that's why it looks forced and performative.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:so from this and the rest of your iso
sakura is scum for naked votes and "lazy" play is the foundation of your scumread

she's your top scumread but muffin who has posted nothing (of real content) at this point and voteparked in rvs is somehow lower. i will pretend that makes sense.
and you barely address muffin besides mentioning him
the muffin sr is never really pushed it's just kind of brushed on a little seemingly just for the sake of it
i mentioned in the post you quoted that i scumread sakura for "
stuff like this"
, implying her entire iso has been filled with underdeveloped reads, unnatural wagon jumps, and scum-motivated posts (like the statement of neutrality one.) so, it's a pretty big misrep to say that my scumread on sakura is based on "naked votes and 'lazy' play". you could make any scumread sound uninformed or poorly put together if you break it down into a few buzzwords.

in my post, i said that i maybe wanted to lynch muffin because his posts didn't ping me nearly as badly as sakura or moment. i don't see why someone not outing much content or parking their vote is scummier than the stuff i pointed out about sakura/moment, or why it somehow makes me scummy for not pushing on him more.

also, this was about 4 days before the deadline. do you want me to have substantive interaction with every player in the game? that's ridiculous. especially since i said shortly before the deadline that i was second-guessing my reads and wanted to re-evaluate them.

In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:did you pick this post at random
you could have picked a few more to make it look better
this isn't even a point against me. you're assuming that i picked a post at random because you already think im mafia. i didn't. i thought it was a bad post that gave the impression of contributing content while it was actually just arguing semantics that didn't matter.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:again. this is what i mean. what DO you mean? or are we just supposed to get the impression that you mean something
see my first response about reading people based on tone.

when i asked "do people think moment is town?", that was my way of asking "is anyone else pinged by these posts? am i alone?". why is that a bad thing?
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:so this is what you mean, but it's still somehow one of the most general statements ever
it's really not that general at all. i wouldn't use the reasoning that i used to scumread moment for any other player in this table, because it doesn't apply to any other player in this table. there's a very specific kind of scum-player that tries overwhelmingly hard to get people to townread them, and it can end up blowing up in their faces because something about their tone isn't right. i was assuming this is what was happening with moment.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:[insert progression here]
this is fair. i'm still confused about my reads, but i'm trying.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

thank u sir
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: TBG
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 2.5

projectmatt [5] - TehBrawlGuy, Nosferatu, Wisdom, Moment, Nancy Drew 39
Wisdom [1] - Kokichi Oma
TehBrawlGuy [5] - zMuffinMan, Sakura Hana, Katsuki, Purrcocet, Brian Skies
zMuffinMan [1] - Spiffeh

Not Voting [4]
- MariaR, Ankamius, projectmatt, Dunnstral

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-08-04 15:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Pretty ok with helping muffins push his mislynch target if that's the face we'll get.

But more realistically, I think muffins has a guilty result on TBG.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think I like either of these wagons
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

who are you preferring dunnstral
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't know, I townread a lot of people, ProjectMatt looks fine but maybe I'm missing something there, it could also be as simple as Katsuki, I also had you on my Radar for not doing much
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1727, Kokichi Oma wrote:
@mod what's your definition of a main character?
In post 1731, Kokichi Oma wrote:
@mod also in a main characters death flip would it say they were a main character?
can't wait for you to flip main char
In post 1748, Spiffeh wrote:Katsuki scum reading me and doing nothing about it is scummy js
Katsuki isn't scum because ate.
In post 1750, Ankamius wrote:I've yet to do anything this game that is out of my scumrange
Correct although I have no reason why you would post this in the first place. Feels kinda like you want to be tr for trying to discredt-you know I'm midway typing this and I realized I have and would make posts like this too but you aren't me so :thinking:
In post 1754, Purrcocet wrote:why does no one want to lynch spiffeh lmao
Why do you want to lynch him in the first place I don't see anything really scummy in Spiffy's iso he's mostly just posting what comes out if his mouth. I think he has these moments where it's like "I don't give a fuck" but he still has short little bursts of content also considering he was a major wagon compared to ninja I'm like "no" of course I suppose that doesn't mean too much if we play with 3 scum theory
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2008, MariaR wrote:Katsuki isn't scum because ate.
See I think they could be playing up the AtE though, they kind of blew up over nothing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Oh, I forgot about Spiffeh, I think he's been fine, IDK. I could reconsider
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1758, Wisdom wrote:i just want to see if nancy can fake all this silliness as scum
Oh please don't tell me we're going down the "nancy can be scum" road again-oh good you cleared that up a few posts after perfect
In post 1759, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 1757, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1751, Sakura Hana wrote:Nancy, why do your posts this game feel like you're super uncertain of everything.
Purr, your take on this please.
it's not like it's a scumread but i don't see the point of it at all cause you're the most town player here
Ew
In post 1767, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1753, Purrcocet wrote:push on town is bad
and the spec means nothing
and the interaction with nancy
Reminder that purr said I was scum yesterday but cant come up with reasons for that.
Hey Kokichi remember what I told you? One of your main problems is you can never (or I guess you don't is a better way of putting it) explain your scumreads well. You just say X is scum lynch them. Why are we not lynching X? etc etc I know you think Wisdom is scum can you give a few sentences why perhaps with other scumreads? Shed some light on things for us
Pedit: I'm honestly blacklisting Kat if they did that as scum ngl there's only so far you go in a game and I wouldn't want to deal with that again.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by MariaR »

Ugh fuck I haven't ate in like 18 hours but it's 1am weeeeee
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2008, MariaR wrote: Why do you want to lynch him in the first place I don't see anything really scummy in Spiffy's iso he's mostly just posting what comes out if his mouth. I think he has these moments where it's like "I don't give a fuck" but he still has short little bursts of content also considering he was a major wagon compared to ninja I'm like "no" of course I suppose that doesn't mean too much if we play with 3 scum theory
He just seems really fake

Hurry up and lynch the fake guilty, we're getting dogwalked
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1778, zMuffinMan wrote:
Spoiler: a collage of nancy on mylo
In post 450, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 449, Brian Skies wrote:VOTE: Myloninja13
Why? They’ve only made like 3 posts so far.
In post 471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m okay with pressure voting mylo but I think his flip doesn’t provide any useful information. Lynching one of Katsuki, Nos is the most useful but I feel less confident about Nos being scum than I do Katsuki.
In post 476, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:The only players currently pinging me are katsuki, Nos, Muffin, Ank but I prefer Katsuki. If we can’t lynch him, I’ll go along with whomever I guess. If Mylo doesn’t do anything by tommorrow night, I’d be okay with lynching him.

I’m thinking maybe Katsuki and Nos aren’t w/w because Katsuki isn’t trying to get votes off of him.

Maybe Katsuki and Muffin are w/w and that whole Alice nonsense was just scum theater?
In post 500, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 495, MariaR wrote:Also the mylongninja wagon is bad it's a 3 person lurker that will give no info regardless of the flip.
Exactly, that’s what I said.
In post 621, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 613, Dunnstral wrote:
Kats is useless but so was mylo so not sure we'd lynch one but not the other
Mylo hasn’t made any scummy votes on anyone or threw a fit over mistaken interpretation of a game but okay.
In post 633, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, you were beyond convinced I was scum in Minuet. I’m not comfortable lynching there yet. I liked [Maria's] comments about the Mylo wagon because she’s right about that.
In post 1059, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m not opposed to Mylo wagon but don’t see it as the best wagon to further the gamestate.
In post 1249, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I feel better about Nos being scum than mylo.
In post 1260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why no comment about jumping on mylo wagon?
In post 1264, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I agree with you about mylo wagon but why “Rip the game”?
In post 1280, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:How do you know that mylo isn’t “a stupid D1 lynch”?
In post 1309, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If you’re just gong to continue in this vein, I will ignore you because you’re wasting my time. Why don’t you instead, tell me whats makes mylo so scummy?
In post 1334, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So we’re waiting for a claim or hammer basically. They haven’t done anything overtly scummy though ‘ \_0_/
In post 1340, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:He probably flips villa though, does anyone care at this point? Probably not because we need a lynch. Lol.
In post 1342, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Should I guys? Mylo isn’t going to claim or vote before EOD.
In post 1344, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, that would be my guess. I’d honestly be shocked if he flips red.

So, do people want me to hammer on most propably a lurking villa who isn’t going to claim or vote before EOD?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Please do not tell me you just quoted a bunch of posts and just left it without giving your own thoughts on the matter?
In post 1780, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1748, Spiffeh wrote:Katsuki scum reading me and doing nothing about it is scummy js
yes, good point

cupcake you fucking scumfuck, you better have a fucking good explanation for this
I can't tell when you're srs >_>
In post 1781, Brian Skies wrote:Yeah Cupcake. Don't think you can lurk just because people have forgotten about you.
Why are we letting this guy slip by? I don't see the appeal to calling Brain town. He voted Mylo...and? What else I mean I get that's a strong point. I do need to go back and look at my VC post but srsly this guy is pinging the fuck out of me
In post 1782, Dunnstral wrote:I don't think Katsuki doing nothing is anything special though
Still town.
In post 1783, Purrcocet wrote:muffin lockscum

VOTE: Muffin
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1792, zMuffinMan wrote:bus nancy you scumfuck cupcake

pedit: ty
In post 1795, zMuffinMan wrote:what do you think of the mylo interactions?

@dunn
In post 1797, zMuffinMan wrote:what about her play is town?
Why not say why the interactions are bad instead of making a quote wall.
I can do that too with 0 reasoning and act like I have a baseline for it not very hard what so ever.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i dont believe you

prove it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2014, MariaR wrote:
In post 1783, Purrcocet wrote:muffin lockscum

VOTE: Muffin
that's not until tomorrow
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

it's not me who thinks nancy is scum

it's my evil conscience

my good conscience is letting my evil conscience take the driver's seat

blame my evil conscience
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1813, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm kinda confused tbh, muffin's D1 reminded me a lot of scum!muffin, but this muffin's push on Nancy seems like town!muffin.
You were doing so well Sakura. What makes you think this is towny. Please don't tell me it's the "scum wouldn't push obv town" angle
In post 1817, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1803, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If I’’m scum do you really believe I say at pretty much the last moment that I expect him to flip green?
yes. i think you tried to push counter wagons until the end of the day where you had no choice but to accept it and make the most of it by pretending youre clueless about it. your assuredness that mylo was a mislynch for no good reason is what stands out, as opposed to say ankamius who repeatedly mentioned wagon dynamics

also i think the aggressive way you've been shutting people down (such as when bringing up wisdom and a labyrinth game when talking to people who arent wisdom as though it meant something) dont look anything like how you normally interact with others
Ah you finally put it into words so you think this is nancy's agenda? I think her play has been openly towny while I have wondered why she didn't vote me it's one of the reasons I think she's towny because when moment was hard pushing me d1 nancy didn't really jump on me and had the perfect excuse to do so. I don't really know if aggro tone is AI can you go into more detail on the shutting people down or how you think Nancy would "normally act"
In post 1818, Purrcocet wrote:im impressed tho he really puttin in work for this case
ikr I'm scared
In post 1828, zMuffinMan wrote:the progression of maria and ankamius was natural based on their stated suspicions

yours wasnt

and no, that isnt an explanation for why you were so sure of it
Why are you
just
bringing this up btw? Did it like hit you or cause this is out of left field to me unless I'm forgetting something (could be but I think I'm not that sleepy)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by MariaR »

Like when I look at say Muffin and Kokichi Kokichi looks like he genuinely believes wisdom is scum by his tone and posting imo. Compared to what I read from Muffin and I just don't agree with the stance at all and I dislike the wagon there I don't think they're really trying to figure out Nancy. This could be bias because I know Kokichi better than Muffin but Muffin was the most obv town player last time and compared to this it's just...lacking
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1986, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy do you think I'm gonna d i e :dead:
I hope not. :(
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1987, zMuffinMan wrote:yeah, i think youre a major threat to the scum win con so that seems likely. second only to nancy maybe. haha
Me? Why?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1870, zMuffinMan wrote:really, my ultimate goal is to bring you and purr to lylo and then point back to this post and say "why would i actually do that if i were scum?"
I believe you
In post 1876, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1874, Katsuki wrote:Even when playing pictomafia, don't think there was anyone who's posting was as useless as tbg's
I mean, you're one to talk
YOU'RE NOT BEING HELPFUL
In post 1883, zMuffinMan wrote:ok guys

i actually have a real guilty on TBG and im totally not fake-claiming

honest... really...

i would definitely not lie about this sort of thing for shits and giggles and i honestly super duper really have a guilty on him

really...

no jokes...

Vote: TehBrawlGuy

please believe me and lynch immediately
In post 1885, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: TBG
In post 1888, Katsuki wrote:I believe that muffins has a guilty result on TBG.

UNVOTE, VOTE: TBG
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2019, MariaR wrote:Please don't tell me it's the "scum wouldn't push obv town" angle
And what's wrong with this angle

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”