Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2321, Sakura Hana wrote:The fact that everyone just seems to go along with these memes is making me think im the one in the wrong for even daring to go "No fun allowed" so...
no don't worry it's annoying me too
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2274, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 2272, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2267, Ankamius wrote:Nosferatu and Sakura are probably not scum together

Nos + Mariar is my guess right now, but one might be replaced with Kokichi
But Nos voted mylo and early. So that would be a hardbus. Do you really think scum hardbusses their roleblocker D1 in a game with probably only 3 scum in it?
why do you think there's only 3 scum in a 17p?
There could be 4 I suppose but every FG Alice game had 3 iirc.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'll just hard lurk until day 3 I think
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2284, Wisdom wrote:maaaybe spiff?
No, I really think he’s town now.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2268, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2257, Purrcocet wrote:
Brian Skies wrote:VOTE: Matt
Do you not believe what he's putting out? Cause I'd be willing to back there if so
In post 2258, Purrcocet wrote:VOTE: Matt
You say as you vote him...

I've not found any of Matt's posts particularly compelling.
In post 2132, projectmatt wrote:part of the reason i think kokichi might be scum is because of his indignation at me being lynched. the confidence in which he knows im going to flip town seems unrealistic, and it looks like he's trying to get towncred/using my townflip to justify his tunnel on wisdom. i also feel like his iso doesn't have much substance to it. i like most of his reads, but it feels like he gets them without trying to scumhunt/dialogue with people, and it makes me think the reads might be fake.

that said, i can still be convinced kokichi is town. he's not my top choice right now.
This in particular doesn't seem that great since he's hedging and doing the same thing we slammed Mylo for. I'm also curious about his Muffin and Moment scumreads, particularly because I think Moment is really town this game.
In post 912, projectmatt wrote:did you like mylo's content? i thought it was relatively bland and safe.
In post 1332, projectmatt wrote:i'm not super opposed to this wagon but i don't think it's really going to garner that much information, regardless of the flip. i'll hammer on it before the deadline if we need.
This is didn't really like since I feel like he could've figured that out for himself if he just continued to read my posts, and this was a conclusion Moment and I had already come to (Moment was the one who actually pushed me to reevaluate my Mylo read, so I am giving him a decent amount of credit here). And Matt never did end up voting Mylo. While I can see town just being really unsure, it gives me the impression he could have been scum hoping for the Mylo wagon to stall out near day's end and people wagoning something else.

Anyhow, the main pause I have is that most of his posting that I have an issue with comes in long catch-up style posting. But I still didn't really like this:
In post 889, projectmatt wrote:oof, brian might be scum.
In post 908, projectmatt wrote:i'm not interested in arguing semantics though, since you might be town.
In post 915, projectmatt wrote:i take it all back. brian's probably town.
Which seems like he was trying to give off the impression of a generic read, and it didn't actually feel that way for me.
If this greens where do you go if Maria isn't an option? What do you think about TBG's slot and everything surrounding it
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2316, Spiffeh wrote:Is there a reason people so many people are taking pride in being unhelpful?

Because it's not really funny anymore
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

jesus
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2329, Purrcocet wrote:If this greens where do you go if Maria isn't an option? What do you think about TBG's slot and everything surrounding it
Why would Maria not be an option? I don't really care about answering a question about a hypothetical flip.

I think Muffin's crusade against TBG is fine. I didn't really like TBG's initial posting about complaining about other people complaining about his fake post restriction. His seemed fine to me. Was there anything specific about the TBG wagon you wanted me to address?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:57 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2268, Brian Skies wrote: This in particular doesn't seem that great since he's hedging and doing the same thing we slammed Mylo for. I'm also curious about his Muffin and Moment scumreads,
particularly because I think Moment is really town this game.
i elaborated on what makes me scumread moment in my response to purr. let me quote it for you. (also i feel like this post got missed and i want to quote it again.)
In post 2000, projectmatt wrote:
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:it seems like you just try to "feel" your way into all of your scumreads
you don't articulate any of the points you make that you have conviction on. all of them are very vague and you make everything seem like it's something but you never explain what that something is ever
i do try to feel my way into scumreads, and why is that a bad thing? the thing about reading games based on tone is that you subconsciously pick up on stuff that you may not be able to put into words. i think it's completely valid to assert that a post feels "off", and i don't see the need to make up some fake logic about why i found it bad as opposed to being honest and saying that i think his tone is scummy.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:no......no it's not.
this is what i meant by posturing
it reads "nos lurking would be scummy if the entire playerlist wasn't also lurking" if you don't twist it
this is a super generous interpretation of what sakura said.

for clarity, the wording of the post was:

"I could argue that nos being a non presence means nos scum... but that's literally everyone this game."

how is that not a statement of neutrality? at best, it's filler post with no actual reads or attempts to game-solve. at worst, it's a filler post that sakura could use to justify voting nos in the future.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:""performative towntelling"? if you definitely didn't like it you could have told us exactly what you meant but i think you were aware this was just a generic wagon join
performative towntelling is pretty descriptive, no? it looked like an unnecessary way to highlight the fact that she was adding pressure to the wagon because she was insecure about voting it without saying anything. she's pointing out that she's doing a town thing, and that's why it looks forced and performative.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:so from this and the rest of your iso
sakura is scum for naked votes and "lazy" play is the foundation of your scumread

she's your top scumread but muffin who has posted nothing (of real content) at this point and voteparked in rvs is somehow lower. i will pretend that makes sense.
and you barely address muffin besides mentioning him
the muffin sr is never really pushed it's just kind of brushed on a little seemingly just for the sake of it
i mentioned in the post you quoted that i scumread sakura for "
stuff like this"
, implying her entire iso has been filled with underdeveloped reads, unnatural wagon jumps, and scum-motivated posts (like the statement of neutrality one.) so, it's a pretty big misrep to say that my scumread on sakura is based on "naked votes and 'lazy' play". you could make any scumread sound uninformed or poorly put together if you break it down into a few buzzwords.

in my post, i said that i maybe wanted to lynch muffin because his posts didn't ping me nearly as badly as sakura or moment. i don't see why someone not outing much content or parking their vote is scummier than the stuff i pointed out about sakura/moment, or why it somehow makes me scummy for not pushing on him more.

also, this was about 4 days before the deadline. do you want me to have substantive interaction with every player in the game? that's ridiculous. especially since i said shortly before the deadline that i was second-guessing my reads and wanted to re-evaluate them.

In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:did you pick this post at random
you could have picked a few more to make it look better
this isn't even a point against me. you're assuming that i picked a post at random because you already think im mafia. i didn't. i thought it was a bad post that gave the impression of contributing content while it was actually just arguing semantics that didn't matter.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:again. this is what i mean. what DO you mean? or are we just supposed to get the impression that you mean something
see my first response about reading people based on tone.

when i asked "do people think moment is town?", that was my way of asking "is anyone else pinged by these posts? am i alone?". why is that a bad thing?
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:so this is what you mean, but it's still somehow one of the most general statements ever
it's really not that general at all. i wouldn't use the reasoning that i used to scumread moment for any other player in this table, because it doesn't apply to any other player in this table. there's a very specific kind of scum-player that tries overwhelmingly hard to get people to townread them, and it can end up blowing up in their faces because something about their tone isn't right. i was assuming this is what was happening with moment.
In post 1927, Purrcocet wrote:[insert progression here]
this is fair. i'm still confused about my reads, but i'm trying.
In post 2268, Brian Skies wrote:This is didn't really like since I feel like he could've figured that out for himself if he just continued to read my posts, and this was a conclusion Moment and I had already come to (Moment was the one who actually pushed me to reevaluate my Mylo read, so I am giving him a decent amount of credit here). And Matt never did end up voting Mylo. While I can see town just being really unsure, it gives me the impression he could have been scum hoping for the Mylo wagon to stall out near day's end and people wagoning something else.
this isn't something i can really refute because it's just speculation. that said, i think it's pretty valid to think that the mylo lynch was kind of a lazy wagon, and at the time it didn't seem like a move that would help progress the game at all. also, if i was trying to remove the energy from the mylo wagon, i would have been trying a lot harder to wagon on someone else. instead, i sat in a confused state while trying to figure out my own reads.
In post 2268, Brian Skies wrote:Anyhow, the main pause I have is that most of his posting that I have an issue with comes in long catch-up style posting. But I still didn't really like this:
In post 889, projectmatt wrote:oof, brian might be scum.
In post 908, projectmatt wrote:i'm not interested in arguing semantics though, since you might be town.
In post 915, projectmatt wrote:i take it all back. brian's probably town.
Which seems like he was trying to give off the impression of a generic read, and it didn't actually feel that way for me.
i'd be happy to walk you through my thought process on why i scumread you and then changed my mind, if that's something you want.
In post 2207, Spiffeh wrote:hey projectmatt you mentioned scum reading Sakura early on and even today justified that read in defense of Purr's accusations, but I don't see her in your list of scum reads rn

What happened?
it changed. i doubt sakura is scum anymore.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

What changed your mind?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 am

Post by projectmatt »

anyway for clarity, i scumread moment largely for tone issues (i articulated it in the post above.)

i scumread muffin because his reads feel weirdly non-commital and stuff like this pings the hell out of me:
In post 2118, zMuffinMan wrote:my evil conscience is like "STOP OVERTHINKING SHIT, IT'S NANCY TBG" but my good conscience doesn't fully trust my evil conscience and is like "but nancy could just be bad. maybe maria tbg?" and both consciences are too busy doing other things to really give a shit about who's right tbh
i dont get the impression from his posts that he's trying to gamesolve or sincerely find the mafia, but it does look to me like he's posturing between a bunch of different scumreads and relying on his erratic playstyle to justify not articulating himself.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2332, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2329, Purrcocet wrote:If this greens where do you go if Maria isn't an option? What do you think about TBG's slot and everything surrounding it
Why would Maria not be an option?
Cause she towntold?
Brian Skies wrote:
I think Muffin's crusade against TBG is fine. I didn't really like TBG's initial posting about complaining about other people complaining about his fake post restriction. His seemed fine to me. Was there anything specific about the TBG wagon you wanted me to address?
Does it indicate anything to you about the people pushing it or the matt wagon?

Why is Muffin fine? What do you townread him for exactly? Last game he stomped and pretty sure he had the scum team
But this game He's being really weird and I'm pretty sure all of his Srs are town
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2334, Spiffeh wrote:What changed your mind?
i came to the realization that a lot of the reasons i scumread sakura seem to boil down to playstyle/site meta that im not familiar with, as opposed to legitimate scumtells. her play improved considerably after my original catch-up post. their tone reads a lot more sincere and i think they're approaching the game in a way that scum almost definitely wouldn't. stuff like this:
In post 2094, Sakura Hana wrote:Actually I have a gut feeling that purrcocet is scum, but i dont care enough right now.

or
In post 1104, Sakura Hana wrote:
Tbh, i do think muffin's scum, but i feel kinda nervous/anxious about lynching him coz i'd feel bad if he's actually town here and im wrong.
doesn't look scum-motivated to me at all. it is fence-sitting like i pointed out previously, but the difference is that sakura is being brutally honest about their indifference/apathy toward getting their reads lynched, and that makes a lot more sense coming from a town perspective than a scum one.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 am

Post by projectmatt »

honestly i still think im just killing time until i get mislynched because y'all are too afraid to lynch within people that you already know and i also dont think a lot of you are genuinely interested in reading me

i am salty, though

vote: muffin
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Purrcocet »

Brian townreading muffin makes this weirder for me
I'd probably be willing to vote muffin if Nancy Wisdom Moment join the fun
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'd rather lynch muffin than Matt but I am pretty sure he would flip town too
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Post by projectmatt »

maybe one day when i manage to perfectly adhere to mafiascum.net site meta and become a household personality i'll stop getting mislynched in games
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2333, projectmatt wrote:i elaborated on what makes me scumread moment in my response to purr. let me quote it for you. (also i feel like this post got missed and i want to quote it again.)
In post 2000, projectmatt wrote:see my first response about reading people based on tone.

when i asked "do people think moment is town?", that was my way of asking "is anyone else pinged by these posts? am i alone?". why is that a bad thing?
I read it, I just didn't care about it.

I thought for sure you made a post casing Moment today, but maybe I'm wrong and attributed a post made by someone else to you? Anyhow, what I just quoted (which is the only relevant point about Moment from the post you just quoted for me), doesn't actually address why you thought Moment was scummy, so...?
In post 2333, projectmatt wrote:i'd be happy to walk you through my thought process on why i scumread you and then changed my mind, if that's something you want.
To be honest, I don't think it would change my mind (at least not on that).
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

I honestly don't even get the scumreads on matt
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 am

Post by projectmatt »

brian, a bunch of that post is an exact explanation/defense of why i scumread moment (again, largely based on tone). in all fairness, i have not made a case on them.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2343, Ankamius wrote:I honestly don't even get the scumreads on matt
i honestly can't tell if im just salty or if people just generally gravitate toward lynching easy targets that they don't have to think critically about or challenge because they're not in the social bubble of the game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

Like...

The way he's going about getting reads looks town
The reaction to the wagon looks town

???
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2336, Purrcocet wrote:Cause she towntold?
Where did this happen?
In post 2336, Purrcocet wrote:Does it indicate anything to you about the people pushing it or the matt wagon?

Why is Muffin fine? What do you townread him for exactly? Last game he stomped and pretty sure he had the scum team
But this game He's being really weird and I'm pretty sure all of his Srs are town
Not really.

I said his push on TBG seems fine. It's a
seekrit
. So what? This is a different game and players are intentionally obfuscating their own alignments for some reason.
How would you know if all his Srs are town?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 am

Post by projectmatt »

a bunch of you guys are even forecasting that im about to flip town and you're still voting me or not even attempting to find a counter-wagon.

like, this is learned helplessness. you're coasting on it until the deadline comes. then you can say "haha oops i guess we gotta lynch matt now there's no time"

it's just annoying
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:12 am

Post by projectmatt »

i wish this was live mafia so i could suicide out of the game in dramatic fashion and then get banned

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”