mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:54 am

Post by mutantdevle »

void

void means ignore this post when taking into consideration the counting. Eg. the previous post is 321 and the next will be 322.

WhyMafia has requested replacement. The voting phase will not begin until a replacement is found.
I mostly just lurk now.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:57 am

Post by teacher »

I prefer Nk. I don’t like the spam count to avoid ability to coordinate right near target.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 823, Pine wrote:I absolutely gave notice elsewhere that I was on a limited-access camping trip. I can't link to examples due to site rules, but it's easily search-able.
You did, just not the same day. I suspected you might have been setting up to interrupt the count again after you came back, by pretending not to have read the rules due to your absence. It never happened like that of course, so this matters little now. I simply summarized my thoughts on you and others since I had not done so before.

I'm fine with NK15 being the lynch target. Wanting to lynch Pine for not posting five times in succession is not exactly compelling, even if it were true. Just yesterday morning I made two empty posts, and did not dare risk more since my network was acting up and I was afraid of double posting or missing a preview.

I will be glad when this challenge is over. Having to triple check every time you post is stressful, and I've even had to worry about things like my old mouse occasionally registering two clicks at once. I look forward to challenges that require more thinking rather than just work.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service

also Enigma checking in with last thoughts there reads town to me
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

!!! woohoo!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 am

Post by teacher »

JIC it’s 1080. Spam up but I’m handing off bc mobile.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

lmao I'm giving it a zero percent chance we can make it to 1080

if it's not 325 then I blame the mod

also motion to continue counting for the rest of the game for kicks
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

yeah 1080 isn't happening barring some miracle
mutantdevle better show up soon and tell us we did it
I'm also probably not counting next game day seems like it's stressing a lot of people out
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:59 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"Your time is up!

You have passed

You have passed, therefore one of you will become a fortunate.

But before I award the lucky unfortunate, who do you think the saboteur was?"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 850, mutantdevle wrote:
WhyMafia has requested replacement. The voting phase will not begin until a replacement is found.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

northsidegal replaces WhyMafia. I’m phone posting from my bed right now so I’ll start the voting phase once I wake up.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 am

Post by mutantdevle »

The voting phase has begun. You have (expired on 2018-07-29 13:30:00) to answer both of the following questions:

You must now vote for who you think is a saboteur and why?

How would you feel about being trapped?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:51 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Just to clarify, fortunates are assigned between the voting and night phase.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:53 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Prods have been issued to those who have failed to respond to the questions :/
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:32 am

Post by mutantdevle »

randomidget is being replaced.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:01 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Prof Fridays replaces randomidget.

Hopefully, the night will begin soon. Apologies for the long wait.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"You must now vote for who you think is a sabotuer, and why?

Pine, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I think NK15 is a saboteur, and will compromise there because I don't think I can get GL lynched. Lurky, low-contribution, and made a falsifiable case against me."

"teacher?"

"
I'm voting
NK,
because it is a
consensus pick; provides an opportunity to assess Guilty's push. I really didnt like the spam count when we were really close to the limit, almost to deprive people of the ability to coordinate as he had emerged as a potential consensus slot rather than an also ran."

"Chickadee?"

"
I'm voting for
NK15
because
I'm trusting that a few of my town reads want this flip, mainly Irrelephant. I think some compelling reasons have been made for it, and I want to consolidate on something I think has a chance of going through."

"Myloninja13?"

"I'll vote for NotKnown15, as all of my townreads want them gone."

"Kokichi Oma?"

"I am voting NK15. I believe NK15 is likely scum with Pine. I'd have preferred Pine, but at the end of day everyone seemed to be wanting NK15 so that's fine as well."

"Prof Fridays?"

"
I am voting
Myloninja13
because
The lack of substance and only a small amount of help toward the town win con makes me lean toward him as a good candidate for scum, plus a couple posts rubbed me the wrong way. But it's difficult with not much to go on."

"ofrhz?"

"I’m voting for Not Known 15 for his active lurking, not giving reads beyond a shallow “Kokichi could be scum for that count misstep” and also because he kept spamming counts near the end of day when we had stopped doing that to let everyone get the opportunity to chime in before end of day."

"northsidegal?"

"
I'm voting for
Not Known 15. i'm going to take this time to just talk about all of my reads in general as i haven't had the chance to say anything yet having replaced in after the thread was already locked.

first and foremost because above all else if people take anything away from what i think maybe it should be this: myloninja is, without a single doubt in my mind, town. i know how to tell town him from scum him; i've done it before based on barely any posts. trust me; he's town. he's probably my strongest townread (this situation is just like in open 729 if you'd like to check that, although that game is something of an embarrassment for me. if you ever read this, sorry scioness)

anyways, that being said, i'm going to give somewhat of a "readslist" here and talk about it a little bit:
Spoiler:
Townreads:
northsidegal
Myloninja13
Kokichi Oma
Irrelephant11

Surface-towny:
GuiltyLion
Enigma
Feysal
teacher

Null:
ofrhz
randomidget

Who's left:
Pine
Chickadee
Not Known 15

myloninja i've talked about. kokichi i feel pretty good about being town here - it first stood out to me reading posts 159 through 161, that he had a really relaxed and natural tone. beyond that, i think self-meta is a towntell, and i think everything he said in post 580 is a massive towntell. irrelephant is kind of just a gut townread, but it's also that i know that GL and irrelephant have played together before and GL townreads irrelephant, so looking past the scenario in which they're both scum i feel like i can trust that read there regardless of GL's alignment.

we'll come back to the "surface towny" group.

for "null", i originally actually had ofrhz as towny, but literally mid-organizing these reads it occurred to me that she really hadn't towntold as much as i thought she had. yes, 414 is a detailed post, but beyond that there really isn't all that much there. perhaps i'm just wrong here, but i tend to expect detailed thoughts from town ofrhz, but there's really just mostly counting. what really rubs me the wrong way is the lack of the progression up to the eventual NK15 vote. it comes without
any
prior mention or indication of an nk15 scumread and, thinking on it more, really reads to me like scum just coming to agree on a mislynch. in the process of typing this paragraph it's occurred to me that maybe "null" is the wrong word to describe my read here.

i don't think randomidget requires much explanation; i'm pretty sure there's nothing AI one way or the other about his lurking, so...

i'm really not all that happy with the "who's left" group, and it's because it contains people that i know have a tendency to get misread and perhaps mislynched. this goes back to my "surface towny" group, actually - the "surface towny" group is people whose contributions
look
fine on the surface, but i found it hard to actually look close and dig deep to see if it was actually towny or not. whether that's because of the counting or because i'm doing this late at night, i'm not sure. either way, the composition of my "who's left" group makes me especially paranoid of the people here.

so, that's kind of a broad overview of my reads - onto the vote, then. why nk15, after all that about paranoia reads and such? well it's two main reasons: first, despite nk15's somewhat lynchbait-y history, i don't think it's
impossible
that he's scum here. his post detailing his reasons for wanting to lynch pine reminds me of a few of the posts he made as scum in mini normal 1999 - i feel like they kind of match in a little bit of an awkward tone, although that could just be nk15 in general (no offense).

for comparison:
Spoiler: this game
Not Known 15 wrote:315

I'd like to lynch Pine.
They made posts in succession, but not more than two when it doesn't take a lot of effort to make 5 empty posts.
They made empty posts, but not five in a row or such. I see no town motivation behind that. Sure, you might be in a hurry here and there, but doing empty posts, but never many, and having disrupted the count is a red flag for me.
and yes I didn't want to post anymore but I also don't want a mislynch.

Spoiler: mini normal 1999
Not Known 15 wrote:VOTE: Pisskop
We have scummy behaviour here:
Not voting before post 49, the 6th post of Pisskop.
It is usually scum who likes to avoid random votes early.
Post 6; completely by chance, yeah sure. Look at Pisskop, they are so town! Not buying that.
Fluff in their posts. Trying to look like they are doing more than they are.
Post 88: sheeping on Heyoka without any reasoning. After rb made a similar vote; even using this as cover up...
Post 621: LAMIST again.
Post 537: misrepresenting the argument of TIAM on Tchill, could be a honest mistake, so low confidence in this indicator.

the second reason is just a matter of having my vote matter. i could try voting for ofrhz or someone, but it's unlikely that anyone else voted for her, so it wouldn't be meaningful. i would prefer nk15 lynched to chickadee, so if people are going to be voting chickadee then nk15 is a preferable alternative for me. additionally, despite what i said about my "who's left" group making me concerned, i don't exactly
townread
pine, but as compared to nk15 i don't really have any reasons
for
him to be scum."

"GuiltyLion?"

"I am voting for Not Known 15, because Irrelephant said so :P

jokes aside,
-like I said in my post 138, his intro post 99 felt needlessly melodramatic
-like I said in my post 184, his post 158 felt like ambiguous waffley shade that scum post when they are pretending to sort but don't actually believe in what they are saying
-he spam counted without providing content for long periods in the day - doubly incongruent with his intro post where he complained about a lack of info from this day/challenge
-then his last push was on Pine for an inaccurate and NAI reason (he spam counted but not to 5). When corrected on this, instead of re-evaluating he added more bs on top of that ("it feels like he doesn't want to count").

there's definitely a chance NK is town but I think he makes a good D1 lynch and fits in my POE lynchpool as I'm townreading Irrelephant, teacher, ofrhz, Kokichi, Enigma, Feysal and I think it will be useful to see where votes from the others (outside of that group) go."

"Irrelephant11?"

"I vote for NotKnown15

I think he took advantage of the challenge to try to look towny while avoiding providing alignment-indicative or helpful sorting content. I also thought his running up the count near EOD was to force other players to provide less AI content. Overall, nothing to suggest he's town and multiple things to suggest scum."

"Enigma?"

"
I am voting for
NK15
because he was
Lurking without contributions or content, slipping under the radar. Also, sheeping others :lol:"

"Feysal?"

"
I'm voting
Not Known 15. Already explained why in thread."

"Not Known 15, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I VOTE: Pine because they will probably be the only one who could get more votes than me..."
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Vote Count
(11) Not Known 15 -
Pine, teacher, Chickadee, Myloninja13, Kokichi Oma, ofrhz, northsidegal, GuiltyLion, Irrelephant11, Enigma, Feysal.
(1) Myloninja13 -
Prof Fridays.
(1) Pine -
Not Known 15.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:19 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"You have voted for Not Known 15.

I can now reveal Not Known 15 was in fact a...

Spoiler: Role
Unfortunate"
Not Known 15, you are an unfortunate!

It is your job to climb the tower to win the key of freedom. However, 3 people are not to be trusted and are planning to steal the key of freedom for themselves.

On each floor you will face a challenge. Successfully complete each challenge and you will have the chance to become a 'fortunate' which reduces your chances of becoming trapped.

You will earn your freedom if you can successfully trap all 3 of the saboteurs so that you can use the key of freedom to release all the unfortunates.

"Not Known 15, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"
I
feel bad because I cannot remind people daily to take extreme care on townreading Irrelephant or teacher, especially Irrelephant who can look extremely towny only to show up as scum when they endgame you, and
I
definitely
am
sad because I think that I am the counterwagon to Pine and Pine is scum - but also look at the numbers on the lynch votes and their reasonings."

"Poor unfortunate Not Know 15.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor old Not Known 15,

He only came here for fun.

But now his fun is over,

As he is trapped on floor 1!"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:19 am

Post by mutantdevle »

The night phase has now begun and will end in (expired on 2018-08-02 17:30:00).
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"It's not only the challenge that can be sabotaged,

But also your passage that will be barraged.

Y'sees there was some trouble on the way to floor 2.

And now Teacher is trapped, oh boohoo!"

"Teacher, you have been trapped by the saboteurs and therefore will also not be leaving this room.

The rest of you are free to pass to the next floor.

Teacher, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"Thats what I get for obv towning. I dont have any insights that werent expressed during the day, but town should vover each other by all stepping up. That challenge should not have taken near the deadline."
Spoiler: Role
Unfortunate
Teacher, you are an unfortunate!

It is your job to climb the tower to win the key of freedom. However, 3 people are not to be trusted and are planning to steal the key of freedom for themselves.

On each floor you will face a challenge. Successfully complete each challenge and you will have the chance to become a 'fortunate' which reduces your chances of becoming trapped.

You will earn your freedom if you can successfully trap all 3 of the saboteurs so that you can use the key of freedom to release all the unfortunates.

"Poor unfortunate Teacher.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor little Teacher,

He thought the day was done.

So maybe it's unfair,

That he's trapped on floor 1!"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"FLOOR 2!"

"Traditional Terrors"

"This one is sures to be nostalgics!

When given the choice of three to choose,

Knowing only one will win and the other two lose,

How do you decide which choice will be right?

As choose too fast and it will soon become night.

In this challenge, unfortunates are given the choice to pick the number 1, 2 or 3.

Each time, two of the numbers will be bad and only one will be good.

Choose a good number and you will gain a point, but choose a bad number and the saboteurs will gain a point!

Each side only needs 2 points to win. So choose very carefully!"

"Unfortunates! To pass, you must pick 2 good numbers instead of 2 bad numbers.

Let the challenge begin...

NOW!"
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:03 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Some clarification.

Anyone
may choose the number by simply bolding
Choose: #
Each time, the good number will be randomised. The other 2 will be bad. Possible combinations:
1 2
or
2 3
This will be best of 3. This means that you must guess correctly twice to pass or guess incorrectly twice to fail.

Now is the time to ask questions about the challenge if you do not understand it.

This challenge has no time limit so the length of the day is decided on how long it takes for the guesses to be made.

The mafia will be told which number is good each time.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 am

Post by mutantdevle »

The first good number has been chosen.
I mostly just lurk now.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

nooooooo teacherrrrrr :( :( :(

this challenge doesn't make sense to me. Only the mafia know the number? And we're not even voting for the number, just having one player pick it at random? If anyone can see a strategy here, please share. The only thing I can think of is "if town, don't guess, so mafia have to out themselves", but there's no timer or anything so I'm not sure what scum's incentive to pick a number would be

Is it potentially helpful to have everyone share their N1 Last Will? Just to give mafia another way to scumslip?

In other news, nsg is towny. Prof Fridays, tell me more about your vote. Why didn't you vote NK15?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”