Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3900, Keyser Söze wrote:Well BV said Errant = town here, so will be interesting to see him lynch Skitter ...
I did say I thought Errant was town in that one post but if you've been following my ISO, you'll see that I was really unsure and kept trying to push people to consider Errant as well. But everyone pretty much dismissed him as town, and there were enough scummy things in Gustavo's and his predecessor's ISO that I could never really feel confident in Gustavo-town either. If I thought he was town, I'd have defended him.

Skitter is town. That's one read I've been fully confident in. I'd say over 99% confident. So, it's Errant.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3921, BlackVoid wrote:There's no scenario in which me getting mislynched is a good outcome for town.
Knowing if you are or aren’t a Bp is the single most useful info town needs today. Town doesn’t get that info.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3924, Gustavo wrote:
In post 3921, BlackVoid wrote:You tunneling me was at least part of the reason I just wanted you flipped today. If you had worked with me and considered Errant, I'd have been more inclined to try to change everyone's mind.
God this misrep. I didn’t tunnel anyone. I voted who I thought fit as scum and the moment I voted you, you immediately took errant out of the equation.
Not true. You spent a lot of time pushing flawed logic regarding the nightkill and you also insisted that the lynch has to be between you or me today. It didn't feel like Errant was viable partly based on your behavior so obviously I'm going to push for your lynch over mine.

If you thought Errant was scum, you should have been considering that possibility in thread as opposed to making a case on me because you could.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3926, Gustavo wrote:
In post 3921, BlackVoid wrote:There's no scenario in which me getting mislynched is a good outcome for town.
Knowing if you are or aren’t a Bp is the single most useful info town needs today. Town doesn’t get that info.
Dude, this is the same flawed logic I've dismantled multiple times. Only one of us could have been shot but both of us could be town. The other one would simply be the town that wasn't shot. Why the heck would we flip anyone on that basis?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3928, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 3926, Gustavo wrote:
Dude, this is the same flawed logic I've dismantled multiple times. Only one of us could have been shot but both of us could be town. The other one would simply be the town that wasn't shot. Why the heck would we flip anyone on that basis?
The fact you are so against it when it absolutely would help town decide to me is basically a scum claim.

If you are actually town, proving your role right now would give town more info.

Guys. Bv is scum
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Let’s not forget you misrepped the hell out of my scum game and said it’s similar to this one when it wasn’t.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

How am I supposed to prove my role right now? If by right now, you meant by lynching myself this day phase, what you suggested is probably one of the most anti-town things possible. The only slot you know is town is yourself. It is part of your job as a townie to show people that you are town based on play without them needing to see your flip to know that you are town.

I also didn't say it was similar. I acknowledged that you were more active here. That actually gave me pause. What was similar is that even there, you seemed to come across as this really conf-biased townie in the way you did here. So, that wasn't a towntell for you.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Not to mention solving the wifom on if the worst faked a claim on his buddy or not.

Let’s also not forget the blatant lie he told about I pushed him after he pushed me today when the opposite was true.

Tomorrow has to be a bv lynch. Y’all were stupid not to do it today, don’t be stupid tomorrow
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Lol at "solving the WIFOM on if the worst faked a guilty." No, I'm clear because he faked a guilty on me. Skitter is town. This should be auto-win. But for some reason, skitter and Irrelephant are really paranoid of me and I have to talk them down before we can seal it.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Gustavo »

I’ve seen scum fake guilty on their partner so you absolutely are not clear. Nobody has argued you are confirmed town today.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Please lynch Bv tomorrow.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Anyways, I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you. Even knowing you're town doesn't help me understand you any better.

For Irrelephant and skitter, I'd suggest spending the night phase doing at least some meta-research on me. I don't know how distinguishable Errant's play is between alignments but I'm a lot better as town than scum and players like that are always going to be easier to read based on content.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2245, BlackVoid wrote:
Current reads:

skitter30
Shoshin
Bernie Sanders
Gustavo

Nauci
Keyser Soze

Not_Mafia

the worst
Errantparabola
Irrelephant11
Momrangal
Also, this shows that I'm a threat and TheWorst felt the need to fake a guilty on me just because leaving me alive would be dangerous. Three of my four scumreads were scum with my Irrelephant read being my only error as far as post-replacement reads are concerned. Actually, I'm pretty proud of this post tbh.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

He's actually been saying I should be investigated before I made that post. I'm not sure if it's because he legitimately wanted an investigation wasted on me and only later thought claiming a guilty was a good strategy given he could point to this crumb or he decided then and there that he would pretend to investigate me although he may not have decided what to claim and whether to say innocent or guilty.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yeah if it isn't gustavo it's prob ep; you're pretty town too

i guess i'm just very confused what tw was trying to accomplish in the first place, if bs hadn't incidentally caught him in a lie

scum!bv means tw got neighgorized by ep, and faked a guilty on his partner (and i don't think tw could expect to coast on towncred, so they were throwing in the towel basically on some sort of hail-mary fake 1v1)

scum!ep means that the whole neighborhood thing was a farce and ep was basically in hard-bus mode throughout day3, and that *he* expected to coast for outing and denouncing tw

but like ... that means that their optimal plan was for ep to hard-bus tw and force him to out a fake result to guilty a townie with a pretty realistic paraphrasing of the non-existant pt and this all just seems so outlandish and his reactions during the bs claim seemed really authentic

*both* versions seem so implausible

==

but holistically bv's town af i think
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3936, BlackVoid wrote:Even knowing you're town doesn't help me understand you any better.
I’m the easiest person to understand.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Gustavo »

If you’re town, fine you’re town but your play today has prett much been the worst town play I’ve seen. Town shouldn’t blatantly lie and misrep people. You did both.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Gustavo »

And if all y’all people are coming out now after I’m lynched and saying we should have lynched errant, that’s kind of shitty. Nobody seriously considered anyone but me all day.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by brassherald »

Gustavo has been hammered. I need to pull the rolecard and whatnot, but he's a VT.

Spoiler: rolecard
George WashingtonImage
Welcome,
stungun0404
Gustavo! You are a humble, yet commanding leader, and as such are paired with the clone of George Washington
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.":
During the day phase, you have your vote, and your voice.

Win Conditions:

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.":
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Please confirm your role through a PM of your alignment and role.

Night 6 ends in (expired on 2018-08-05 21:08:00)

I'll do the actual count and flavor text in the morning.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by brassherald »

End of Day 5

American voters, I know this is late, almost after Night 5 has ended, but yet another presidential candidate has been eliminated, from the Villains of AMC Shows Who Are Not The Main Character Party, Gustavo has been removed from contention. He was, surprisingly, a
Vanilla Townie
and not a villain. Misleading party name, but he had George Washington's clone in his corner.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by brassherald »

Start of Day 6

It seems as if I was just here announcing Gustavo's departure from the American Presidential Race, but, today I must pass news of yet another eliminated candidate from the Zoo Animal Party, Irrelephant11 has been eliminated from the race, the donkeys in his party were quite upset with his nomination anyway, and he's out. He was paired with the clone of Franklin Delano Roosevelt,
Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Rolecard
Franklin Delano RooseveltImage
Welcome, Irrelephant11! You are socially conscious and have been reelected so many times you may never leave office, and as such are paired with the clone of Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.":
During the day phase, you have your vote, and your voice.

Win Conditions:

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.":
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Please confirm your role through a PM of your alignment and role.

VoteCount 6.00

Not Voting (4)
~ Keyser Soze, Errantparabola, BlackVoid, skitter30
With 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Day 6 ends in (expired on 2018-08-15 22:00:00)
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

VOTE: Errantparabola
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

hi

i will prob be voting ep since i think bv is prob out of his scumrange - ep if you have any compelling reason why i oughtn't do that let me know

i'm going to wait a couple of days before i do to see if i get back the motivation i need to go through some iso's and key parts of the game given mylo

(still not doing super awesome irl and my motivation is kinda waxing and waning and atm i don't have very much)

==

actually i read thru ep's iso ,and some salient points:

-> on day3 he's calling tw's pr soft 'the elephant in the room' day2 when i don't think it was that obvious or important or relevant day2 (the other person who called major attention to the softing thing was interestingly mom - could they have planned this out since like day1/night1 which is why scum was focusing on the softing?). idk how well i explained this - like scum knew he was going to fake-claim and thus incorporated that into their fake reads of tw and gave it credence but town didn't know what he was up to at that point and he was scumread so didn't read much into it

-> he also voted tw day2 despite the softing being 'the elephant in the room' that he claims he was dancing around

-> i also think he was setting up to push irrelephant on a scum!mom flip, except he never really followed through with that - similarly he was building up to pushing irrelephant after scum!tw flip

-> day2 mom and tw were the bottom of his reads consistently

-> and just feels super real tho

-> ep being scum means that scum's plan from like n1 or so was: ep (scum rb) rb'd bernie. claimed to have neighborized his partner, tw. day2 not push him because of pr tells (that mom incidentally saw). day3 claim he was in a nieghborhood with tw n2 and that tw claimed he was going to check bv overnight. and then when tw is sketchy as fuck hardbus him for lying, and then coast

which is all kinda implausible but i gues what happened? i feel like this is something nsg or math might cook up with tw but i don't think either of them were active at that point anymore

-> his one super strong scumread throughout the game was tw in middle of tw's fake-claim stuff

->
In post 2926, Errantparabola wrote:VOTE: the worst
you had me panicked for nothing dude
aside, 'panicked' is a very interesting turn of phrase here

-> also he kinda had doubts on both gustavo and nm while the wagons were happening but never really used those reads to pivot to where he thought scum actually were
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:52 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I’m here!

Let’s win this game.

(Was hoping to be NK’d) :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

From D1:
In post 1316, Errantparabola wrote:No longer townreading worst.
I still don’t know why you neighbourized TheWorst... you may have explained before, but nothing has resonated with me yet.

Why not choose to share a town pt with one of your strong town reads?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”