Post by Errantparabola »

Votecount 5.2

Krazy
(2): Espeonage, the worst
the worst
(2): Krazy, Shoshin

Not Voting
(4): Punreader, DeasVail, guacamole, Vaxkiller

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to achieve a majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2018-08-17 09:55:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Krazy »

unvote
until I know what that means
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

It means the scum is probably the worst & guac
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Why do you not think I am scum, Shoshin?

Also, yeah that makes a lot more sense now
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

And EP, no worries, shit happens. You are in my thoughts.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by the worst »

no worries EP. you're still the best <3

UNVOTE:
hold on fam.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3128, DeasVail wrote:Why do you not think I am scum, Shoshin?

Also, yeah that makes a lot more sense now
Btw the last sentence here was in response to the ep post rather than the scumteam suggestion. Realise that was unclear
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

So the error doesn't have to do with the worst or DV, okay.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 3130, the worst wrote:hold on fam.
vote the worst
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:30 am

Post by the worst »

just confirming I should not have received a kitty last night. my feline friend has been taken away, and with it a massive chunk of my enthusiasm >:
--
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Krazy »

OK, so DV is not the worst's buddy. Or at least, not automatically. I want to say... probably not? I feel like that is unlikely at this point based on the way real-life yesterday went.

The ongoing mechanical question is how we account for the worst connecting with pun when guac denies doing that.

I'm still inclined to say the worst has a better than average chance to be scum and we still need his results on pun.

But it's not impossible guac bought into the confusion of real-life yesterday to incriminate the worst even more. So idk.

Feel like today is now guac vs. the worst.

the worst, what do you make of guac saying he didn't connect you?
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 2993, Vaxkiller wrote:Like pun has me nervous, hes talking about me possibly being a godfather...
Were you reading my posts?

This sure shows otherwise.

Because that is literally the opposite of what I was advocating; I was specifically saying that you
aren't
a godfather and I struggle to understand how you can have such a reading comprehension failure as to think I was saying you were one.
In post 2970, the worst wrote:
In post 2951, Punreader wrote:I hate to break it to you all who are trying to mislynch the worst, but guacamole connected the worst and I together today and he roleclaimed in his message to me well before his roleclaim out here.
that was meant to be our secret :c
Do forgive me for revealing something I thought was within guacamole's ability to reveal himself. I made it no secret prior to explicitly claiming this that I had received something from you; all I did was make the method known rather than implied.
In post 3031, Shoshin wrote:the worst, you claimed in full to Pun, including how you used your role and the results?
He claimed his target of last night, that being myself. He did not claim prior targets, but did fully claim the nature of his role. Specifically,
In post 3065, the worst wrote:I'm chevre--I can check players' positions in the scoring, but only whether they are higher or lower than my previous target. you all might have noticed my repeated insistence that we would find out if scum had been fucking with the rankings, and how much work I put into collating information originally.

Penguin < Dunnstral < myself > Punreader

I didn't really realize until Guac paired us up but I'm actually almost certain that my role's existence spews Pun as town.
This is almost word for word what he sent to me. Specifically, that he is Chevre, he checks players' positioning in the scoring higher or lower than previous target, that his role spews me as town, and that his target was me last night.
In post 3075, the worst wrote:sorry if my terminology was bad. flavour investigative*?
I can vouch for having trouble with terminology. I would not know what to call/classify his role as, precisely, and understood exactly why he chose the name he did.
In post 3112, guacamole wrote:So the funny thing is, I didn't target anyone last night. Someone else has a similar role?
It was, quite literally, your role. Errant addressed both the worst and I. He stated that by the end of the day phase, we had to send a short (250 characters or less) message to Errant, which would then be delivered to the other person. Upon receiving the message, we would also be told what score the other person gave us.

the worst gave me a 5. (Exactly as he claimed he did.)

If it was not you, then there is indeed a mystery as to the source of it, but it happened and quite self-evidently so.
In post 2968, Espeonage wrote:I feel like pun is ignoring that distancing is a thing when multiple scum players are under pressure.
I beg your pardon?

My entire
case
is that pun players distance when pun are under pressure.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
guacamole
guacamole
Goon
guacamole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:08 am

Post by guacamole »

What day were you told this?
Chunky and a little spicy.
guacamole
guacamole
Goon
guacamole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am

Post by guacamole »

N3 I targeted punreader and Maria. If that doesn't take effect until D4 and the messages pass N4, then the N3 targeting of Maria was redirected onto TW.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 2835, the worst wrote:oh fuck i just realised something super super useful
In post 2838, the worst wrote:massclaim tomorrow y/y
In post 2840, the worst wrote:just a friendly reminder I was the one advocating massclaim yesterday. and I'm telling you that massclaim is currently suboptimal.
In post 2845, the worst wrote:I just need to check a thing, I might be mistaken and don't want to start barking up the wrong tree unnecessarily
The first of these posts was sent five hours after I had sent my message to the worst. And I know for a fact I received his message in this same time frame, so it figures that if I received his message in this timeframe, he received my message in a similar window of time.

This was what caused me to post this:
In post 2848, Punreader wrote:Hmm.

VOTE: Shoshin.

I may be wrong about the worst being pun.
And I explained further,
In post 2851, Punreader wrote:I have good reason to believe the worst is town.
In post 2854, Punreader wrote:Also I have very good reason to believe that if the worst were one of the last pun, he would be doing one particular thing different than what he's doing. (I wish I had a way of hinting at this without giving it away, but alas.)
I can't get much more explicit than this.

He would be doing one particular thing differently than what he's doing, regarding the messages we exchanged. His handling of that situation was the most town response possible.

the worst and I were, 100%, provably, connected. The source of the connection is an exact duplicate to guacamole's role. I know this because I was connected to Dunnstral (about as pointless a connection as possible given we were in a neighborhood together which I specified in my message), and the contents/mechanics of the message today are identical to the mechanics when Dunnstral and I were connected.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:19 am

Post by the worst »

It was a perfect duplication of my connection to Taly by srceen in d2, as well. without a doubt it was guac's action.
--
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 3137, guacamole wrote:What day were you told this?
I was told, on whatever Day July 7th marked the beginning of, with "Night Resolution", that Dunnstral and I by the end of the day phase HAD to send a short (250 or less) message to Errant, who would pass it along to the other. With that message, we'd be told the score we gave the other. Dunnstral gave me a 7, and he gave a shitpost in his message. (Presumably, he felt similarly to myself in it being worthless given our neighborhood.)

I was told, on the beginning of THIS day phase, same exact title of Night Resolution, that the worst and I by the end of the day phase HAD to send a short (250 or less) message to Errant, who would pass it along to the other. With that message, we'd be told the score we gave the other.

The worst told me he was Chevre, could check ranking positions (higher/lower than previous night's target), that his role made no sense if I wasn't town, and that he checked me last night. He also wanted to try and figure out if we could plan something.

I can't get a more direct quote than this without a modkill.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 am

Post by the worst »

In post 3135, Krazy wrote:Feel like today is now guac vs. the worst.

the worst, what do you make of guac saying he didn't connect you?
¯\(°_o)/¯
shenanigans probably
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:24 am

Post by the worst »

just confirming 3141 is exactly what I communicated to Pun. (albeit my message was a lot shorter :lol:)
--
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 3141, Punreader wrote:
In post 3137, guacamole wrote:What day were you told this?
I was told, on whatever Day July 7th marked the beginning of, with "Night Resolution", that Dunnstral and I by the end of the day phase HAD to send a short (250 or less) message to Errant, who would pass it along to the other. With that message, we'd be told the score we gave the other. Dunnstral gave me a 7, and he gave a shitpost in his message. (Presumably, he felt similarly to myself in it being worthless given our neighborhood.)

I was told, on the beginning of THIS day phase, same exact title of Night Resolution, that the worst and I by the end of the day phase HAD to send a short (250 or less) message to Errant, who would pass it along to the other. With that message, we'd be told the score we gave the other.

The worst told me he was Chevre, could check ranking positions (higher/lower than previous night's target), that his role made no sense if I wasn't town, and that he checked me last night. He also wanted to try and figure out if we could plan something.

I can't get a more direct quote than this without a modkill.
I suppose I can mention that the message I got from Dunnstral was titled "Dunnstral's Feedback" and that the message I got from the worst was titled "The Worst's Feedback" as well.

It is literally the exact same role.

And as the mod error was apparently in Krazy's roleblock, not in guacamole's no action, there is no explanation for this with guacamole denying knowledge of it.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2851, Punreader wrote:I will not entertain godfather paranoia for Vaxkiller, even though objectively by VCA he has terrible positioning. (His pattern matches what I would expect from pun and his shot remains unproven.)
In post 2851, Punreader wrote:I will be clearing Vaxkiller because I will ignore the possibility of a pun godfather as that is stupid to consider that a one-shot cop JUST SO HAPPENED to target a pun godfather. Commander Shepherd could redirect actions on punbuddies, but only to himself; if Vaxkiller were pun, he would still be a guilty result if the actual investigation were Commander Shepherd.

Quickly reading through you stuff.... the "even tho" part seemed like you were going back on that and then the "clearing me" meant you wanted to make sure I was not a godfather by shooting me.

I guess I see otherwise on a different read trhu
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Krazy »

So the worst had already been targeted by it once. I find it odd that guac would target you twice with his ability.
vote conspiracy
guacamole
guacamole
Goon
guacamole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 am

Post by guacamole »

Like I said, I did not target anyone last night.

Punreader, please clarify further -- did you receive this the beginning of D4 or D5? The date you gave (July 7) doesn't match either one.
I connected punreader and
Maria
N3

Someone asked me why I'd target punreader at all -- I have a townread there and that hasn't changed. If it weren't a townread I'd be going ballistic trying to lynch the liar.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Krazy »

That's weird, then I should have gotten your connection too.

(Although, at this point... mod error possible?)
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Krazy »

No wait, Chara shot Maria N1, so N2 I would have received it, N3 I would not.

K nvm
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”