Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 188, GameNBurger wrote:{Eragon, Me}
{Buj, A50}
{fromagw, egg}
{Inferno}

That’s town, town lean, null, scum

AND POSEIDON AND MANATEE NEED TO JOIN IN SUDDENLY AND CATCH UP OR REPLACE OUT
they’re screwing up my reads, I feel like I’m playing Yahtzee with a deck of 47 cards
>local village man puts himself as top town in reads list.
jokes aside, can you explain if Fromage is a Towny/scummy-not-sure-which null read or just I haven't seen anything AI from him.
also, if you had to say a second scum, who would it be?
In post 189, Inferno390 wrote:These last few GameNBurger posts have me even more sus of him (if that’s even possible). The fact that his entire pairing list is pairing me with other players is bad for a few reasons: 1) By looking at everything as “Inferno’s scum, who’s his partner,” it allows him to look like he’s hunting for scum when in reality he’s just calling me scum and seeing who else he can pin me with. 2) By trying to pair me with every other player in the game, it’s obvious that he’s keeping his options open. 3) Lockscumming me means that he's just calling anything that anyone else is doing in interaction with me scummy to see what sticks. He’s not actually analyzing anyone on their own merit to see if they are scum or not. Also, where did that soft scumread on BuJ come from? It feels less me it was pulled out of a hat.

[snip]
1) he is confident in your scum flip, so he is looking for your partner. While I dont necessarily agree with that PoV, I can see where it comes from, and dont think its scummy.
2) no, because he explained each pairing in detail and gave yes/no reasons for each one, so if he all of a sudden says a pairing(for simple purposes lets say You/me) And calls me scum with you, hes gonna be instantly hounded because he called us one of the most unlikely pairings, so hes not really 'leaving his options open' and more 'thinking out loud' which is a perfectly viable strategy.
3) Lockscumming you /=/ calling everyone that interacts with you scum.

extras:
"(if thats even possible)"
>Pings me as scum to high hell as forced and just general wolfiness.

"where did that soft scumread on buJ come from?"
> Where did that fake shade of GameNburger come from?
Earlier in the game Inferno got annoyed and called multiple people out for lying(A50 about the meaning and Burger about the games), then comes out here with a blatant lie saying that Burger SR's buJ, which is not the case because Burger town reads BuJ, if you look at his read-list.

In post 196, Poseidon wrote:Can’t quote easy with phone, but I would think for Inferno, a claim would be beneficial to lessen the L-2, otherwise you just read as even more scum. Which is why I stand by my vote doubly.

May I ask why I’m a scum read? Or did I miss a point.
I dont think many people are really SR'ing you, its more just Null-but-really-annoyed-that-he's-only-posted-a-few-times type of thing.
In post 197, BuJaber wrote:I'd actually be very impressed if burger flips scum after all that.

Though I don't understand his approach and I think a lot of what he's doing is based on circumstantial evidence and could all be a waste of time.

There's no harm in thinking about possible associations a little to help you sort people, but making a whole entire list based on someome being scum that hasn't flipped yet seems like an exercise in futility.

Just highly unlikely that this comes from scum tbh.
I do agree here, it all banks on a Scum!inferno, and if Inferno doesn't flip scum, its all worthless, but also, like I said, "thinking out loud" to me is actually kinda towny, because it shows their progression(something that I like to see) and also shows that they are thinking through the game and helps us understand their thought process. (I use 'understand' loosely lol)
In post 198, GameNBurger wrote:
In post 197, BuJaber wrote:I'd actually be very impressed if burger flips scum after all that.

Though I don't understand his approach and I think a lot of what he's doing is based on circumstantial evidence and could all be a waste of time.

There's no harm in thinking about possible associations a little to help you sort people, but making a whole entire list based on someome being scum that hasn't flipped yet seems like an exercise in futility.

Just highly unlikely that this comes from scum tbh.
It’s more that I like to play with my thoughts entirely on the table and studied game theory in college so I’ve been trained at breaking problems into a list of all possible outcomes to start

As I made an offhand mention before I made the list I plan on doing this for all players combos possible, I simply started with inferno since I’m really convinced he’s scum and it’s just most efficient to start with him first. Give the game will probably not be in full swing until Sunday again (unlesss manatee is replaced super fast) I should have the time to organize it all,

As for why? Scum game can sometimes be made easy by sitting back and letting the town pigeonhole themselves and get stuck in a corner, the idea is that scum want to be left in the shadows of sweetness, where the town is calling other town on bad and start voting eachother while scum just try to not be stupid. This isn’t always how it goes but it can be very dangerous to not have a handle on everything that’s going on.

Since there’s 2 scum and 7 town it’s not too Herculean of a task to list off all the possible combinations and build cases for each one, while it isn’t actively making an argument for one shorthand goal (who to vote out today) I think it has its merits for organizing what may be (Atleast for me) an insurmountable amount of info into an accessible and comprehensive list. While initially tedious, tomorrow there will be two less players (and most likely one less scum) which will make the process far shorter on my end.

I will admit it’s rare that I can do this sort of process in a timely manner in day 1, as the small size of the overall player count and scum team is what makes this all manageable, but i figure since it’s all past info and speculation there’s no harm to town or benefit to scum from having open notes like that
number= paragraph
1) yeeee
2)ok cool
3)im not sure if making all the combinations help with this exactly, but I like the overall part.
4)no comment
5)agreed, notes be good. and helpful.
In post 199, BuJaber wrote:Fine
But the point is when someone flips town you know they definitely don't have any partners. When someone flips scum you know that you only need to study pairings that include them.

Doing this before any flips is just an insane amount of extra work that will likely cause you to read subtext that doesn't exist or something and then in the end once we get a flip or two most of the listings would become irrelevant.

What I usually do is if I see a post that someone makes about someone or a conversation between two people or some weird case on someone I talk about specific reasons why that action probably means that x and y are not partners or that x is scum if y flips scum or similar specifix pairings based on a specific set of actions.

Like take this game for example. Inferno and A50. Very very very unlikely that they are scum partners. So if one flips scum the other is cleared more or less. Any associative that you may perceive that isn't very strong that you are not sure about if it means they are partners or not isn't worth thinking about imo. Just focus on ones that are really obvious.

The other issue is that a lot of the time an associative read might indicate a one-way relationship but not necessarily the inverse. Meaning say you read a post by player x and you think "okay player x is scum if player y flips town" you might have solid reasoning to believe that but just because this might be true would not mean that "if player y flips scum player x is town". So the associative read only gives you info for one scenario but not another. So it might be unhelpful to mention it until player y actually flips. Because if y doeant die or if x dies first you will have nothing.

I hope that makes sense
same format as above

1) well yea, but it makes it easier to do it when you have time rather then after flips. so while its a lot of work, it also helps.
2) agreed
3)this is what I do mostly, but to each their own is what I say.
4) I agree with this too, and it works fairly well for me. but if Burger has a play style that is different, who am I to deny it?
5)agree, but spewing is different than associations.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Eragon »

>That page-get tho

Inferno390
Almost50
Fromage
Eragon
GameNBurger
Egg
(ManateeDude) is being replaced.
Poseidon
BuJaber

So from my point of view, Im not scum and A50 never flips scum.
I would also be very surprised if Fromage and BuJaber flip scum.
GameNBurger has seemed somewhat scummy, but overall feels natural and his thought processes are towny, so im liking him too.

This means I have a town core of 5 people(myself included)
And the scum is in the other 4(Inferno, Egg, Manateedude, Poseidon)
And TBH egg&Poseidon are null reads that I haven’t seen much from(I could be wrong about Egg but I havent seen much) so that means IME the scumteam is Manatee/Inferno, which I can definitely see.
So as long as we Lynch in those four, preferably in the latter two, im happy
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

If Eragon+A50 is the scumteam, I’m gonna laugh my head off.
Also going to try and take a step back from the game for a day or two. I feel like my reads have gotten fricked over the last 24 hours and I need to do a major step back and reset, but my head is pounding tonight and I don’t have the energy. Will be reading and watching, but don’t expect anything major from me for the next 24-36 hours.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:13 am

Post by LastManStanding »

Toranaga, please confirm your role PM. Thank you.
"Growth requires perseverance."
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Eragon »

Legit what happened from yesterday?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 202, Inferno390 wrote:If Eragon+A50 is the scumteam, I’m gonna laugh my head off.
If I flip scum I owe you a big dinner! :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 203, LastManStanding wrote:
Welcome, welcome, welcome..

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 205, Almost50 wrote:
In post 202, Inferno390 wrote:If Eragon+A50 is the scumteam, I’m gonna laugh my head off.
And I’ll owe him a thousand acre mansion on Mount Olympus :3
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Poseidon »

@Eragon
fair enough, I vaguely recall someone saying that I'm a likely SR; but could have just been tired at the time. I do apologize for the inactivity. Trying to get back in the swing of things. For the time being, my only computer access is at work so most of my posting is from phone; and phones HATE the multi-quote function on this site.

Anyone got any reads I should look at away from Inferno?

BACKGROUND

While this account is new, my old profile was deactivated and I have played several games under the user KrazyEyeKilla7. Just been years for me, so it's good to be back in action.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 207, Eragon wrote:
In post 205, Almost50 wrote:
And I’ll owe him a thousand acre mansion on Mount Olympus :3
YOU MAY NOT TAKE MY LAND ON OLYMPUS
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by BuJaber »

So why aren't we lynching Manatee?
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 210, BuJaber wrote:So why aren't we lynching Manatee?
Subbed out, I think give the replacement a chance to gauge the situation first
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

I kinda feel bored as the game is too slow and the deadline is excessively long for no purpose. If it was up to me this setup should haver days of 96 hours at most. After all, what else are we supposed to discuss here?

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Eragon »

Idk...

Honestly I'm good with ending here

A flip will do us good
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Eragon »

INFERNO WHEN YOU SEE THIS... CLAIM YOUR FULL ROLE, OR WE WILL LYNCH YOU BLIND
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 208, Poseidon wrote:
@Eragon
fair enough, I vaguely recall someone saying that I'm a likely SR; but could have just been tired at the time. I do apologize for the inactivity. Trying to get back in the swing of things. For the time being, my only computer access is at work so most of my posting is from phone; and phones HATE the multi-quote function on this site.

Anyone got any reads I should look at away from Inferno?

BACKGROUND

While this account is new, my old profile was deactivated and I have played several games under the user KrazyEyeKilla7. Just been years for me, so it's good to be back in action.
Do you mind reading manatee? I know they replaced out, but it might be good.

Also one of (egg/burger) would be good to see an opinion on
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 203, LastManStanding wrote:
I'd lynch this slot based on this alone. (If you can take a hint)

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 213, Eragon wrote:Idk...

A flip will do us good
This is scummy. We have over a week left. There is no reason to be lynching this early.
In post 214, Eragon wrote:
This is not your decision. This is the decision of the town as a whole.
So no.
I will not be bullied into claiming by someone who I am already starting to question alignment on.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Going to go read ISOs. Now. If everyone would like to back off for a hot minute, that would be great.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Eragon »

/vote Inferno

this is L-1
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Eragon »

me, BuJaber, A50 have all explicitly said it

and its obvious Burger wants the claim because your his strongest SR.

manatee is replaced, so no say
Poseidon is inactive and hasn't read
you dont have a say
Egg hasn't said anything
fromage hasn't said anything

so 4/7 tell you to claim
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

intent to hammer
in 24 hrs

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 217, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 213, Eragon wrote:Idk...

A flip will do us good
This is scummy. We have over a week left. There is no reason to be lynching this early.

In post 214, Eragon wrote:
This is not your decision. This is the decision of the town as a whole.
So no.
I will not be bullied into claiming by someone who I am already starting to question alignment on.
No. Actually ^this^ is scummy. Deadlines were meant to be as an "if needed" not a "must be".

You holding the game hostage and driving everybody bored to death isn't exactly the towniest way to play, and is indeed a scum tactic that is quite common on MS.

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay. Fine. Lynch me.
Then, when you go into the night with next to nothing, your fault, not mine.
Going back to my ISOs.
@A50: You KNOW that my playstyle is to gather as much info as I can D1 and I HATE cutting days short. The fact that you are now willing to paint this as a scum tactic is ridiculous.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I honestly don’t understand why everyone’s so worked up over the fact that I’m refusing to claim because my three strongest scumread are literally trying to force it out of me.
Maybe if you’d all back off a fricking second, some reason would come to light.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Completed Open Games”