[Advanced]Survivor - Reverse the Curse (Congrats Tracer!)

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Fluminator »

Deadline for applications have been pushed back a few days to the 12th.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Thank you to everyone who was a part of the game!

First off, I suspect at least a few people found it a little odd a game theme about past survivor games was being run by 3 relatively new people to the community who weren’t a part of most them. (At least Meme and Vash are new, and I only recently started being active again). A part of the reason we wanted to do this theme is this is an extremely welcoming community and all 3 of us have felt this first hand, and we wanted to celebrate some of the history that created a community to welcome us with open arms.
Sure there is drama and controversy, and even this game had a reasonable amount, but the fact it even exists shows it’s a real place with real people and real connections, and hopefully we can always work through it and come out stronger.

(Another reason we did the theme is there’s no way we’ll catch up on survivor lore by reading it, so we just did something to make people bring all the memes to us)

Malkon, congratulations on winning, and you’re a very satisfying winner. In a game loaded with tons of good confessionals, I think yours was voted best and we saw all your thought processes from start to finish. It will be great to read in hindsight now that we know it brought you all the way to the end and win the game. You didn’t play a perfect game, and you made mistakes, but you never gave up. You kept outlasting the other players, even the “big threats”. Even at final 5 a lot of us were expecting a Tulsi win and you managed to outlast her too. None of this was luck or the blowing of the wind. You planned it out so if things went bad, you’d still have fallbacks and you’d survive. You have a pretty large repertoire of impressive gameplays which I could go on for awhile, but I think your win speaks for itself.

Aronis, I’m so glad you were finally able to do really well in a survivor game. While being a losing finalist isn’t too fun, you were a fan favorite and had us all under your spell with your unique confessional. You had a pretty impressive game as well, hoarding up to 3 idols, something your alliance probably greatly appreciated as it gave your alliance a lot of control and one of the reasons you kept coming out on top. From my perspective, you were actually very close to winning, because if Tulsi got the boot, you had Tonks, Tyrael, and a lot of people bitter at Tulsi that might have voted for you as well, so you certainly were a winner contendor until near the end.

Mina, I suspect what you always feared happened and you got judged by a jury. Like Aronis, you did play a good game, and the specs were really rooting for you, and you didn’t actually lose the game until quite late (you still had a pathway to win until near the end). I think the main thing that hurt you was not because you aren’t charming or social. You definitely are charming and I don’t think you can shoot yourself down by claiming you don’t have the ability to get people to enjoy you. I think the main thing that hurt you was you tried to actively look unthreatening, and you did that too well :P. Your flaw in this game was literally doing your strategy too well I think, and not because you can’t do social play. If you ever play another one again, I think it only takes a minor bit of tweaking before you can win a game.

Thank you to Vash and Captainmeme for running this. I want it to be clear that those two did >90% of the work and all compliments on the game should go to them. You guys are ridiculously easy to work with and Meme especially is a beast when it comes to getting things done. Your puzzles you designed were really good (I especially liked the chess puzzle and undertale puzzle). Vash you are a creative dude and you brought up a bunch of cool ideas to the game. Without you, the game wouldn’t have had quite the artistic flair.

Xofelf, I am sometimes stunned at how awesome you are, and how you can talk to literally anyone when there’s any tension and ease things up. You were the reason the theme could work and the amount of help you gave for flavour was well beyond your call of duty. You even spent hours helping beta test some challenges with Vash and I’m sure that was a wild ride.

Specs were awesome. I heard some players comment that they weren’t posting in confessionals that much, but the spec thread always seemed fairly busy, and made it more fun to follow along with others.

One last quickie - Shrek, you were very unique and literally every council you lived was a wtf moment for us and next thing we knew you were in a good position when the merge happened. Was it fluke or you being an evil genius? You should claim the latter.

Return to “Social Game Archive”