[Advanced]Survivor - Reverse the Curse (Congrats Tracer!)

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

[Advanced]Survivor - Reverse the Curse (Congrats Tracer!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

CaptainMeme, VashtaNeurotic, and Fluminator Present...

Congratulations Tracer (Malkon05) on winning Survivor: Reverse the Curse!

The board can be found here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Reverse_The_Curse/

Everyone makes mistakes - but only a few make enough of an impact to be dredged up by producers frantically trying to come up with a theme for their next season.

In Survivor: Reverse the Curse, 22 losing characters from previous seasons will return to fight it out for their chance at victory and redemption. Which 22 characters? Well, that's up to you! Players in this game can choose to play as
any
losing character from
any
previous Mafiascum LSG.

Additionally, the characters aren't the only things returning! 22 items which were badly played in previous seasons (or were just so iconic that we felt we had to include them to attract more viewers) were lost on a Spooky Island and so have matured into Immunity Idols. A recent expedition onto this island allowed us to get our hands on them, and, as a result, each player will receive one at the beginning of the game!

Will you be able to Reverse the Curse on your item and character? Or will you repeat their fate? Only one way to find out - sign up today!

(If you're unfamiliar with past Mafiascum LSGs, don't worry - knowledge of them is not required and will not provide an advantage in the game. You can find a full list of characters on this Google Sheet, along with links to all previous games if you want to read up on them.)

Spoiler: Rules
{General Rules}

--

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.

{05} Survivor: Reverse the Curse is ANONYMOUS. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's identity. If you are talking with other people outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game. If you are talking with other players on this forum, try not to say anything that would allow people to easily ID you. Communication outside the private message system is also forbidden until otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

{06} Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.

{07} Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is strictly prohibited, unless specifically stated otherwise. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalised.

{08} Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums unless SPECIFICALLY STATED is illegal.

{09} The posting of Private Messages (whether via text (paraphrasing is fine) or via image) in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. You may, however, post them in your confessional. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of private messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding is not allowed.

{10} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{Game Mechanics}

{01} PM's are only to be used for communication within your tribe. All out-of-tribe contact is to be confined to challenge threads and threads in which the moderators specifically state otherwise.

Immunity Challenges:

{02} Most rounds will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at the Tribal Council.

{03} The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{04} We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.

Tribal Council:

{05} Tribal Council is where players are voted out of the game. After Tribal Immunity Challenges, only the losing tribe will attend Tribal and vote a player off, and after Individual Immunity Challenges, all players will attend Tribal.

{06} Tribal Councils will last 24 hours from the end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a selfvote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalisation.

{07} The results of Tribal Councils will never be posted before deadline, even if all persons involved have submitted a vote.

{08} The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the deadline.

{09} If a player has failed to vote three times, the mods may choose to eliminate him or her at their discretion.

{10} The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.

{11} Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Breaking Ties:

I. In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote, but any reward items that have already been played will remain in play unless the item description states otherwise.

II. If a majority is not met in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination. In a Final 4 TC, rocks will not be drawn, and the tied players will participate in a tiebreaker challenge.

Twists:

{12} Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.

{Unusual Rules Specific to Survivor: RTC}

Idols:

{1} In Survivor: RTC, each player begins the game with a relic from a past Mafiascum Survivor season. These items act like Immunity Idols in normal Survivor, with one major exception (see 3).

{2} Immunity Idols can be played at Tribal Council by saying in your confessional that you wish to play your idol and specifying who you wish to play it on. All idols played will be revealed at the deadline along with the votes. Any idol that is played will be used up, but you can change your mind on whether you want to play it or not at any time up until the deadline.

{3} After the idols have been played, immunity will be given to the player who had the
most
idols played on them at that Tribal Council, and any votes cast for them will not count. If this is tied between two players, both players will receive immunity, but if more than two players are tied, immunity will be given to nobody. All idols played are used up regardless of whether they had any effect.

{4} When additional Immunity Idols (and other items) are able to be obtained, it will be made obvious that this is the case. There are no 'hidden' items in this game.

{5} At the Final 5, instead of competing in an immunity challenge, the players will go straight to Tribal Council, where immunity will immediately be given to the player who has the most Immunity Idols. If there is a tie for the most Immunity Idols, nobody will receive immunity. All idols will then be removed from the game.

Gifting Items

{6} At any time, you may gift an item to any player you are currently in the same location as (determined by whether you are allowed to PM them) by posting in your Inventory thread that you wish to do so. The specified player will receive the item and will be informed of who gave it to them.

Redemption Island

{7} Due to the high likelihood of players being eliminated due to idol plays, Survivor: RTC features a Redemption Island mechanic which will return one eliminated player to the game at the merge. The results of Redemption Duels will only be told to those on Redemption Island.
Last edited by CaptainMeme on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by xofelf »

This game has been classified as an advanced game.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Fluminator »

Deadline for applications have been pushed back a few days to the 12th.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Signups are now
closed
. If you signed up to play, you'll get a PM later today letting you know whether you're in or not (unfortunately we did receive more than 22 signups so we have had to make cuts).

Login info will be sent out and the game will start at 7pm EST on Friday 15th June.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

The game has begun! All player/spectator logins have been sent out.

If you want to watch the game and haven't signed up yet, you're still welcome to spectate - fill out the signup form, and shoot one of us a PM to let us know you've done so (as we won't be checking it too often otherwise).
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Hey everybody, so zetaboards migration is apparently tonight, and it's a possibility it may effect the board. We'll attempt not to let this affect things, but we simply don't know.

If you need to contact a mod and you can't via the board here is our info:

Host Ghost Jeff Probst
MS Username: CaptainMeme
Discord: CaptainMeme#8366

The Ghost Slayer
MS Username: VashtaNeurotic
Discord: Vash#9216

Casper the Friendly Host
MS Username: Fluminator
Discord: Fluminator#8644

Feel free to contact us via PM on MS or sitechat, though we may be less responsive. You can also contact our listmod, xofelf if you need to get in touch. Here is her info:

MS Username: xofelf
Discord: xofelf#1697
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

ImageImageImage

Of the 22 players who began this game, 3 still have a shot at Reversing their Curse. Join us at the Live Reveal this Sunday, 7pm EST, to find out which one was successful!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Congratulations Tracer (Malkon05) on winning Survivor: Reverse the Curse!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

FIRST
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Klick »

Congrats!

Mods, good job on running the game. There were bumps, but problems were handled in the most respectful way I've seen in a long time. Thanks for that.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Congrats Malkon, you played a great game!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

great game, i had a lot of fun :)
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Thank you to everyone who was a part of the game!

First off, I suspect at least a few people found it a little odd a game theme about past survivor games was being run by 3 relatively new people to the community who weren’t a part of most them. (At least Meme and Vash are new, and I only recently started being active again). A part of the reason we wanted to do this theme is this is an extremely welcoming community and all 3 of us have felt this first hand, and we wanted to celebrate some of the history that created a community to welcome us with open arms.
Sure there is drama and controversy, and even this game had a reasonable amount, but the fact it even exists shows it’s a real place with real people and real connections, and hopefully we can always work through it and come out stronger.

(Another reason we did the theme is there’s no way we’ll catch up on survivor lore by reading it, so we just did something to make people bring all the memes to us)

Malkon, congratulations on winning, and you’re a very satisfying winner. In a game loaded with tons of good confessionals, I think yours was voted best and we saw all your thought processes from start to finish. It will be great to read in hindsight now that we know it brought you all the way to the end and win the game. You didn’t play a perfect game, and you made mistakes, but you never gave up. You kept outlasting the other players, even the “big threats”. Even at final 5 a lot of us were expecting a Tulsi win and you managed to outlast her too. None of this was luck or the blowing of the wind. You planned it out so if things went bad, you’d still have fallbacks and you’d survive. You have a pretty large repertoire of impressive gameplays which I could go on for awhile, but I think your win speaks for itself.

Aronis, I’m so glad you were finally able to do really well in a survivor game. While being a losing finalist isn’t too fun, you were a fan favorite and had us all under your spell with your unique confessional. You had a pretty impressive game as well, hoarding up to 3 idols, something your alliance probably greatly appreciated as it gave your alliance a lot of control and one of the reasons you kept coming out on top. From my perspective, you were actually very close to winning, because if Tulsi got the boot, you had Tonks, Tyrael, and a lot of people bitter at Tulsi that might have voted for you as well, so you certainly were a winner contendor until near the end.

Mina, I suspect what you always feared happened and you got judged by a jury. Like Aronis, you did play a good game, and the specs were really rooting for you, and you didn’t actually lose the game until quite late (you still had a pathway to win until near the end). I think the main thing that hurt you was not because you aren’t charming or social. You definitely are charming and I don’t think you can shoot yourself down by claiming you don’t have the ability to get people to enjoy you. I think the main thing that hurt you was you tried to actively look unthreatening, and you did that too well :P. Your flaw in this game was literally doing your strategy too well I think, and not because you can’t do social play. If you ever play another one again, I think it only takes a minor bit of tweaking before you can win a game.

Thank you to Vash and Captainmeme for running this. I want it to be clear that those two did >90% of the work and all compliments on the game should go to them. You guys are ridiculously easy to work with and Meme especially is a beast when it comes to getting things done. Your puzzles you designed were really good (I especially liked the chess puzzle and undertale puzzle). Vash you are a creative dude and you brought up a bunch of cool ideas to the game. Without you, the game wouldn’t have had quite the artistic flair.

Xofelf, I am sometimes stunned at how awesome you are, and how you can talk to literally anyone when there’s any tension and ease things up. You were the reason the theme could work and the amount of help you gave for flavour was well beyond your call of duty. You even spent hours helping beta test some challenges with Vash and I’m sure that was a wild ride.

Specs were awesome. I heard some players comment that they weren’t posting in confessionals that much, but the spec thread always seemed fairly busy, and made it more fun to follow along with others.

One last quickie - Shrek, you were very unique and literally every council you lived was a wtf moment for us and next thing we knew you were in a good position when the merge happened. Was it fluke or you being an evil genius? You should claim the latter.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Reverse_The_Curse/

^Board link, everything should be open now.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Mina »

Congrats, Malkon! You crushed it.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well played, Malkon! This was a pretty fun game to watch, mostly!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by McMenno »

gosh I'm glad captainmeme finally won
mafiascum is on life support
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

well done malkon

kilby it makes so much sense how our relationship played out lmao

brian goddammit how dare you make me do that to you :<
green shirt thursdays
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

THANKS POISON IVY FOR BEING THE MOST POISON IVY <3
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Proud of you Tracer.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Thank you so much everyone! I honestly thought I was a goner for so long at the end there.

I appreciate all of the kind words.

Thank you for giving me a character for which I could "Reverse The Curse" @DN (cheesy factor 11/10)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Also thank you to the mods, I had a blast with this game. Easily the best survivor game I've played up until now.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Congrats!

Awesome job mods, really really well done!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 12, Fluminator wrote:Xofelf, I am sometimes stunned at how awesome you are, and how you can talk to literally anyone when there’s any tension and ease things up. You were the reason the theme could work and the amount of help you gave for flavour was well beyond your call of duty. You even spent hours helping beta test some challenges with Vash and I’m sure that was a wild ride.
Oh my gosh, thank you! I honestly loved getting to tell you all the stories about ms games and hear about webdip things too. You three were a fabulous mod team and incredibly fast and efficient. I was always impressed by how all you did. And I had a blast backstage with you all and playtesting these challenges was fun.

You all played wonderful games, and I loved watching you all. Congrats on winning Malkon, you played fantastically. I'll have more words for you all when I'm not on Aussie time and at a proper computer <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 17, xRECKONERx wrote:kilby it makes so much sense how our relationship played out lmao
Our first time in a game together <3
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Social Game Archive”