the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 am

Post by the worst »

In post 7565, stungun0404 wrote:i’m a huge fan of every single genre of music there is, so yes. if i had to pick a favorite though, i love oldies—especially music from the ‘70’s. ar
about the same tbh I kinda love a bit of everything but mostly swing 70s rock and progressive <3
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:50 am

Post by the worst »

In post 7566, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 7563, the worst wrote:
In post 7561, Gamma Emerald wrote:Sounds like a bunch of japanese vampires (japanese because of the thing where they use r where l would be)
I'm counting this as an in
also soulreading Gamma doesn't know which instrument TI play yet
Could I be a vocalist?
omg :0 yes, yes you can
--
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #7602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:57 am

Post by hebichan »

Voting for sakura again.

No idea how to read this game atm though.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am

Post by the worst »

Mash people's usernames together to start bands

fluffpost until people quiet down so you can towntell later
--
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Colored Fruit Vendor
Petrification
Reflexive Power Mimicry (in other words you get hit with a power you get it)
Power Echo
Self Detonation (available during the day)
Tracker

Still at work people
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That is tomorrow’s list
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7606 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 7591, stungun0404 wrote:lol. mathblade and i be townslipping not recognizing that sakura took bulletproof last night. so that effectively nullifies that argument, but sakura as leader might be a little more optimal because of her focus on townreading slots moreso than drixx. drixx says he doesn’t do very well with townreads, anyways.
Either I gave the wrong impression or you misunderstood me. I townhunt very well. I just don't generally
my town reads and reasons why until there's a reason to do so. It serves no value for me to signal to someone I'm very sure is town that I recognize it. All that accomplishes is putting them higher on scum's radar.

The proper time to reveal and explain townreads is when it gives you a boost in EV/WC. When I think I can lock the game up for a town win, I'll generally start throwing out things (ranging from subtle to overt) to firm up my reads and at some point (if left alive and nobody else is strongly townleading) I'll come out swinging for the fences.

The best example I can think of this off the top of my head is Steven Universe (in hydra with Cerberus). We collectively spent perhaps 100 hours about 1/3 of the way through the game to firm up our reasoning for town reads, and then some more time to make sure we hadn't missed something before we then dumped into the thread our theory of game. It's a little ironic that I feel like that game is the best example of my MO as a town leader when we lost that game but ... the context of that game mitigates it I suppose. We really did have the game to a "Town literally cannot lose unless a town player intentionally sabotages" state ... and a townie sabotaged.

Anyway ... don't want you to misunderstand how I roll. Think of me like an iceberg. You can see a little bit but you're not going to have any idea of what you can't see until I crash into you. (If you'll allow me to stretch the metaphor a bit).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7607 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 7604, MathBlade wrote:Colored Fruit Vendor
Petrification
Power Echo
Tracker

Still at work people
Jesus tomorrow is gonna be important not to give scum any power chance. If Self Detonation does what I think it does ...
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7608 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7607, Drixx wrote:
In post 7604, MathBlade wrote:Colored Fruit Vendor
Petrification
Power Echo
Tracker

Still at work people
Jesus tomorrow is gonna be important not to give scum any power chance. If Self Detonation does what I think it does ...
You die and your target dies <paraphrase, can be triggered during the day> I get what Dream Weaver would copy paste. I don’t think scum would use this though that would put them at an even worse disadvantage.

We will have more BP than scum exist.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7609 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7606, Drixx wrote:
In post 7591, stungun0404 wrote:lol. mathblade and i be townslipping not recognizing that sakura took bulletproof last night. so that effectively nullifies that argument, but sakura as leader might be a little more optimal because of her focus on townreading slots moreso than drixx. drixx says he doesn’t do very well with townreads, anyways.
Either I gave the wrong impression or you misunderstood me. I townhunt very well. I just don't generally
my town reads and reasons why until there's a reason to do so. It serves no value for me to signal to someone I'm very sure is town that I recognize it. All that accomplishes is putting them higher on scum's radar.

The proper time to reveal and explain townreads is when it gives you a boost in EV/WC. When I think I can lock the game up for a town win, I'll generally start throwing out things (ranging from subtle to overt) to firm up my reads and at some point (if left alive and nobody else is strongly townleading) I'll come out swinging for the fences.

The best example I can think of this off the top of my head is Steven Universe (in hydra with Cerberus). We collectively spent perhaps 100 hours about 1/3 of the way through the game to firm up our reasoning for town reads, and then some more time to make sure we hadn't missed something before we then dumped into the thread our theory of game. It's a little ironic that I feel like that game is the best example of my MO as a town leader when we lost that game but ... the context of that game mitigates it I suppose. We really did have the game to a "Town literally cannot lose unless a town player intentionally sabotages" state ... and a townie sabotaged.

Anyway ... don't want you to misunderstand how I roll. Think of me like an iceberg. You can see a little bit but you're not going to have any idea of what you can't see until I crash into you. (If you'll allow me to stretch the metaphor a bit).
I think the metaphor is on the nose because IMHO we are at the same point of can’t lose unless a townie sabotages. But are you talking SU or SU2 because you were scum in SU2.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7610 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7604, MathBlade wrote:Self Detonation (available during the day)
we should use this to blast the lynchpool
--
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7611 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7610, the worst wrote:
In post 7604, MathBlade wrote:Self Detonation (available during the day)
we should use this to blast the lynchpool
...Not a fan of sacrificing the players scum can’t kill to eliminate lynch pool people faster.

We have my petrify for that.

We would have to give the power to someone in the lynch pool and then if they don’t take it it’s a scum claim but then we run the risk of townies doing their own thing. Ala what happened in Drixx’s game.

We have the game on lock if we keep bulletproofing townies. There is no scum in the lynchpool that ever wins a lylo against our town block.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by the worst »

.....so blast the scumpool asap to make sure your townbloc doesn't have any wolves in it? like your townbloc is huge it's entirely susceptible to bring infiltrated (and nah I'm not interested in guessing who's a deepwolf here)

throw me the self destruct and I'll literally nuke myself and a player of your choice, if I don't then you lynch me that Day. ezpz
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7612, the worst wrote:your choice
consensus choice*
--
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

wow, we are already down to 5 days left in the day phase? those two days went by a lot quicker than the entire last day phase — but time to get down to business here!

i’ll start by reviewing the answers to my questions yesterday and seeing how well they have held up
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 4826, Sando wrote:
In post 4820, stungun0404 wrote:@sando, where do you stand on toogeloo’s alignment atm and why?
Scumlean.

I don't mind the analysis of 129 leading to me, but if your strongest two scumreads are for the same reason and a cursory glance at D2 would show we're not partners, you either need to re-evaluate your read or delve into us in-depth to justify one over the other. Toog aint doing that, is lazy way to read only a very subsection of the player base. Also, the reasoning that I was strongly suspected D1 but not mentioned by 129 doesn't really stand, I wasn't particularly scumread D1, that was a D2 thing onwards.
sando, are you still scumleaning on toogeloo?

this answer is looking good in relation with him being a main wagon today — even though you are voting tw!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Im having some issues with my IP and Spamhaus apparently, talking with my ISP to try and solve it, but for the time being im pre-emptively going V/LA because i cant post without a VPN until this is solved. I can still read however.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7617 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 7615, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 4826, Sando wrote:
In post 4820, stungun0404 wrote:@sando, where do you stand on toogeloo’s alignment atm and why?
Scumlean.

I don't mind the analysis of 129 leading to me, but if your strongest two scumreads are for the same reason and a cursory glance at D2 would show we're not partners, you either need to re-evaluate your read or delve into us in-depth to justify one over the other. Toog aint doing that, is lazy way to read only a very subsection of the player base. Also, the reasoning that I was strongly suspected D1 but not mentioned by 129 doesn't really stand, I wasn't particularly scumread D1, that was a D2 thing onwards.
sando, are you still scumleaning on toogeloo?

this answer is looking good in relation with him being a main wagon today — even though you are voting tw!
Yeah definitely still scumleaning him. I tend to assume the douchebro "lol look at me I can be a snide lurking dick" attitude comes from town, but there's SO much of it this game that I can't see there not being a scummer in there, and Toog most definitely the scummiest of those.

Also the whole "don't want to catchup" is just stupid by now, Toog was around for the massive Sando -> Titus -> Kat -> Titus D3 wagons, there's no need to re-read to have opinions on that.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 7616, Sakura Hana wrote:Im having some issues with my IP and Spamhaus apparently, talking with my ISP to try and solve it, but for the time being im pre-emptively going V/LA because i cant post without a VPN until this is solved. I can still read however.
Do we need to sort out another leader option for tonight?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

If we do this (which I am not really a fan of) we have to plan it out.

We don’t go for a “deep wolf” the evidence is clear there likely aren’t any.

We give the bombs to the towniest of the not in the bloc and then we have them go off on the least Townie.

The reason we give them to the towniest is because we want to not end up with dead conf town.

Pedit I haven’t heard any objections.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #7620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Creature »

sorta mentalblocked rn
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #7621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Creature »

What happened with the Tor/whoever else I forgot leader choices?
Sigh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7622 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7618, Sando wrote:
In post 7616, Sakura Hana wrote:Im having some issues with my IP and Spamhaus apparently, talking with my ISP to try and solve it, but for the time being im pre-emptively going V/LA because i cant post without a VPN until this is solved. I can still read however.
Do we need to sort out another leader option for tonight?
I only need VPN to post, i can send PMs and read normally.
And this may only be temporary, im hoping they call me back within an hour or so to see if it can be fixed, just dont expect me to post a lot.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7612, the worst wrote:.....so blast the scumpool asap to make sure your townbloc doesn't have any wolves in it? like your townbloc is huge it's entirely susceptible to bring infiltrated (and nah I'm not interested in guessing who's a deepwolf here)

throw me the self destruct and I'll literally nuke myself and a player of your choice, if I don't then you lynch me that Day. ezpz
My concern is not that you wouldn’t blow up but on the wrong person if scum.

Pedit: @Creature someone suggested it but it wasn’t me. The leader always nominates the next two choices and then if anyone objects we go from there.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 4806, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 392, 123456789 wrote:VOTE: Titus

Starting to like this vote more than Human.
In post 892, 123456789 wrote:
In post 546, Titus wrote:
In post 506, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 468, Titus wrote:
In post 358, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh man, and just when i was thinking of switching my vote, Cerb goes ahead and posts #353
It does seem rather hinky. It's rather unlike Cerb to suppose town can just keep 6 people alive indefinitely and that FA would automatically trust him. Seems exactly why scum would let FA be a leader. Town!Cerb is more of a critical thinker than that. Town!Cerb would also consider the possibility of a factionsl strongman.

VOTE: Cerb
I dunno. I think Cerb is likely town here based on meta. Where do you get that scum wanted FA to be a leader? It looked like a mostly town vote to me. Why would you think FA’s being a leader is primarily scum motivated?
Basic math. 5 scum. If scum didn't want FA to be leader, they coordinate on someone else. FA has received fewer than 5 votes claimed. The Day 1 leader is always scum motivated. (Note: That does not mean FA scum).

Cerb acting as if he cannot die is rather scummy. A town Cerb considers that a) There might be a factional strongman b) That FA might read him as scum incorrectly and thus not give him a vest or c) imply she would give cerb a vest to protect more town reads but scum shoot Cerb anyway.
1) I don't get why scum MUST coordinate... They could simply just choose not to and pick whoever they prefer.....
2) Each player on the team pick their own powers.
In post 915, 123456789 wrote:
In post 707, Titus wrote:
In post 703, zMuffinMan wrote:@cupcake

read human sequencer and 123456789 ISOs and tell me what you see
What are you trying to say here?
Bad post.
In post 1100, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1055, Titus wrote:
In post 1053, Ankamius wrote:Can you look town in the meantime so I can solve the game
You know I lack that gene. So I am not going to Peacock. Talk to me about Numbers. Do you see that he has little follow through like I do?
If you are doing the same thing as me, why are you scumreading me for it?
In post 1368, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1183, Titus wrote:I should stick to MU. There my intelligence is respected even if disagreed. I don't get voted for mechanics disagreements and trying to sort from my theory.
Yeah, well, it benefits scum to suggest ideas about mechanics that are likely to help scum. In other words, you can’t completely absolve responsibility for what you post since it is just mechanics-related.
In post 1370, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1214, Titus wrote:
In post 1212, Drixx wrote:
In post 1210, Titus wrote:Everytime I try to get engagement on my reads, I get ignored and tell me to plug my nose. What specifically should I do? Ignore charismatic scum possibility is not the answer.
Can you clarify this?
Hi Drixx.

Everytime I tried to engage on numbers in a substantive way, I got attacked.

What I say about Numbers gets ignored except for 1 comment by worst.

Numbers is basically just parroting suspicions and not calling anyone town.

Got any thoughts please? Like I miss you. NAI miss you.
Umm... 1) I’m not totally parroting other people’s suspicions. That said, if I agree with something, I’m gonna point it out. 2) I’ve called posts town and I actually do have a bunch of townreads.
In post 1388, 123456789 wrote:I want to lynch in {Titus, Ankamius, Nancy} right now.
---

These interactions with Titus do not suggest to me bussing on 123456789's part, especially given how early in the game they started. And Titus isn't the type of player someone on a scum team usually attempts to bus even unless Titus is already floundering.

TITUS IS NOT SCUM
In post 4807, Toogeloo wrote:There's a dozen other interactions between 123456789 reagarding Titus as well, but most are just IIoA from 123456789.
In post 4808, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1387, 123456789 wrote:Sando - Town
BBMolla - Null leaning town
NicoRobin - Null
Randomidget - Null leaning scum
Kokichi Oma - Leaning Town
Nancy Drew 39 - Scum
hebichan - Leaning Town
zMuffinMan - Leaning Town
Human Sequencer - Scum
Katsuki - Null
Sakura Hana - Town
Toranga - Town
Frozen Angel - Town
Shiro - Town
Gamma Emerald - Leaning town
Ankamius - Scum
Nosferatu - Leaning town
Cerberus v666 - Scum
Myloninja13 - Null leaning scum
the worst - Town
Titus - Scum
Drixx - Null
From a theory standpoint, scum will often incriminate someone on their team as a scum lean. Given the interactions 123456789 had in the game, I'd be more likely to believe of his scum reads, scum is more likely in: Randomidget or Human Sequencer.
In post 4809, stungun0404 wrote:@toogeloo, associatives are easy to distort when scum. i’d offer my own meta to prove that.

associatives aside, where exactly has titus towntelled? i want you to consider that first and foremost
In post 4810, Toogeloo wrote:I haven't gotten a scum tell from Titus yet, so as of now, I don't need a reason to look for a town tell since I believe in my associative investigation. Titus just looks like Titus to me, and considering the rules, I'm willing to gamble more on her odds of being town than scum.
hella sketchy interaction here.

toog has no scum tell from tituses play, and thus finds no reason to reevaluate.

wanting to randomize the prs should have been enough to make toog want to reevaluate imo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”