Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Eragon »

i still have intent to vote, but not before i have a chance to re-look at inferno
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Egg »

Fromage wrote:Because I wanted you to stop fluffposting and I didn't scumread anyone else either.
Ok, that answers that question from my last post. *shrug*. Not really sure why a little fluff is a problem when there's content too, but minor issue at most as far as I'm concerned.

I see a lot of discussion about the possibility of Inferno self hammering as scum. My two cents: If he does, awesome. If someone else were to hammer and he's scum, awesome. Why would we worry about losing days of discussion if we get a dead scum out of it? We can always talk on Day 2.

Poseidon - needs to post more
Burger - can't tell.

A50 i've got down as neutral because it isn't about lack of analyzable posts, it's that I'm not sure how to place him. Looks townie on the surface but I have this feeling that that's because he's trying to look town.
Eragon I liked some of his walls but this hammer talk really doesn't seem genuine. I'm also not sure why he's that worried about a hammer this early. Maybe it's something he's seen a lot but I haven't seen it often in my experience. (Talking about early hammer with deadline still a little ways to go)

Manatee looks scummy
You have like my exact reads. Just I'm not as skeptical of Eragon as you are.
BuJaber wrote:But the difference that 1 vote makes is huge.
A hammer is final.
The player dies. The day ends. The night begins. It has serious repercussions. It changes the town:scum ratio. It cannot be missed. It doesn't get ignored.

L-1 while serious, is in the end a vote that can be unvoted, even if it's the vote that puts a wagon right on the edge. In fact, in many cases L-1 triggers scum to unvote from the wagon for whatever reason that is applicable to the game they're in.

But yes inferno should claim
I agree with this, but I also buy Eragon's post as being truthful. Him playing on a different site with a different meta would explain his actions around L-1.
Game wrote:Egg should post more
Meh, I get busy. Went on an unplanned trip to Boston for two days, then worked the next two 16 hours with zero internet access. I post as much as I can when I can, but get used to me not being around for a few days at a time, especially if a burst of activity happens and I can't just read real quick between shifts before bed. As for your Inferno pairings in general, why bother with it now while Inferno is still alive? If he's town, it all becomes irrelevant. If he's scum, you're better off just lynching him and figuring out his partner later. I understand the possibility of being NK'd if you're town, but meh. It really just feels like pointless work more than anything.
Game wrote: I feel like I’m playing Yahtzee with a deck of 47 cards
Best line in the thread so far tbh.

Hitting submit in case of hammer and thread lock. Saw on skim we're in that territory. Still trying to finish tonight but no promises.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Egg »

Yeah, not gonna finish tonight. Sorry. Should be better tomorrow.
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:02 am

Post by LastManStanding »

Inferno390 is being replaced.

Toranaga, ManateeDude's replacement, hasn't picked up his Role PM. He has (expired on 2018-08-08 05:00:00) to confirm his Role PM, or else the slot will be replaced by someone else in his stead.
Last edited by LastManStanding on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Growth requires perseverance."
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:04 am

Votecount 1.6With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Inferno390
(3): ManateeDude, Poseidon, GameNBurger
ManateeDude
(3): Eragon, Egg, BuJaber
GameNBurger
(3): Inferno390, Fromage, Almost50

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-08-14 08:00:00)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:13 am

Post by BuJaber »

What is this game :yawn:
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Eragon »

I was technically not voting anyone, but

VOTE: Manatee

Now it's correct

yeah, my bad, thanks. -LMS
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Egg »

Ok, fuck quoting. My phone is being obnoxious with it.

BuJaber, walk me through your thought process. Why does scum not make that post that Game made?

Poseidon, the fact that manatee replaced out doesn't make him town.

Almost, why Lynch Tora for not picking up his PM? He doesn't even know his own alignment. I mean, he's manatee, so I'm all for it, but what's the logic here?

On Almost vs Inferno:
I do t think inferno is scum. I just think he's playing poorly, so I understand where Almost is coming from. Inferno says Almost will look dumb if the Lynch happens without a claim. I don't see how. If you get run up and asked to claim, you do it. That's the way the game works. And if you don't, you get lynched.

Game, "Lynch me" isn't playing against a win condition. It's reverse psychology and is actually pretty effective. I've done it to weasel out of lynches as both alignments. As for manatee, I don't think his inactivity is a town tell. I really didnt like that he danced around voting inferno until I asked him why he hadn't done so. It read like scum not wanting to come off as opportunistic. It was like he took my question as "permission".
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Egg »

In post 257, Egg wrote:Ok, fuck quoting. My phone is being obnoxious with it.

BuJaber, walk me through your thought process. Why does scum not make that post that Game made?

Poseidon, the fact that manatee replaced out doesn't make him town.

Almost, why Lynch Tora for not picking up his PM? He doesn't even know his own alignment. I mean, he's manatee, so I'm all for it, but what's the logic here?

On Almost vs Inferno:
I
don't
think inferno is scum. I just think he's playing poorly, so I understand where Almost is coming from. Inferno says Almost will look dumb if the Lynch happens without a claim. I don't see how. If you get run up and asked to claim, you do it. That's the way the game works. And if you don't, you get lynched.

Game, "Lynch me" isn't playing against a win condition. It's reverse psychology and is actually pretty effective. I've done it to weasel out of lynches as both alignments. As for manatee, I don't think his inactivity is a town tell. I really didnt like that he danced around voting inferno until I asked him why he hadn't done so. It read like scum not wanting to come off as opportunistic. It was like he took my question as "permission".
Bolded fixed.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:40 am

Post by GameNBurger »

UNVOTE:

This is idiotic

I’m going to see this thru but this is by far the most frustrating and pointless feeling day 1 I’ve ever played

I guess the extremely long day is a good thing now that it feels like we have to start again with all the players catching up
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 257, Egg wrote:Almost, why Lynch Tora for not picking up his PM? He doesn't even know his own alignment. I mean, he's manatee, so I'm all for it, but what's the logic here?
I didn't know he didn't "pick up" his role PM. I was under impression he "didn't confirm" as in "opened his role PM but didn't respond".

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 am

In post 260, Almost50 wrote:
In post 257, Egg wrote:Almost, why Lynch Tora for not picking up his PM? He doesn't even know his own alignment. I mean, he's manatee, so I'm all for it, but what's the logic here?
I didn't know he didn't "pick up" his role PM. I was under impression he "didn't confirm" as in "opened his role PM but didn't respond".
(This is what's happening; opened it but didn't respond. Before he confirms his role, he's not a player in the game. We moderators need the confirmation so that we know the player has understood their role and made an active decision to play, and didn't just open the PM without reading it.)
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Egg »

Oh, wow. Almost may have a good point then.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Egg »

Wait, but he was posting, so that sounds more like he just forgot to confirm. I think his posts were deleted though? I can't find them now.
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 am

In post 263, Egg wrote:Wait, but he was posting, so that sounds more like he just forgot to confirm. I think his posts were deleted though? I can't find them now.
(I deleted them, yes. Again: before he confirms, he's not a player. But I agree that he most likely knows his role and just forgot to confirm. But them's the rules.)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 257, Egg wrote:BuJaber, walk me through your thought process. Why does scum not make that post that Game made?
Ehhhh just I don't think there's any benefit gained by it for scum except maybe the WIFOM of getting townread. But if that's the case I think there are far easier ways to do so that require less effort.

It's not even something he is definitely going to be townread for. Like I did sure, but at the same time the post really doesn't help town much so I could see how some might scumread it.

That last part might be circular logic now that I think about it but there you go. First part at least is still relevant.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 257, Egg wrote: Poseidon, the fact that manatee replaced out doesn't make him town.
Never said he was confirmed town. I said give the replacement a chance to contribute since Manatee has done damn near nothing
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Egg »

Where did the word confirmed come from?

I voted him because I thought he was scum. The replace out doesn't change my read. So I'm leaving my vote on the slot I still think is scum. I still don't understand after ten years of playing this game why other people don't do that.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 267, Egg wrote:Where did the word confirmed come from?

I voted him because I thought he was scum. The replace out doesn't change my read. So I'm leaving my vote on the slot I still think is scum. I still don't understand after ten years of playing this game why other people don't do that.
misworded sorry. I meant "townread" Looking back on it all, yeah he's been very vague but it could just be dismissive/disinterest? Like I said, kinda wanna give the replacement at least a chance to contribute before getting the axe. Not trying to take away any reads, just don't be hasty to kill the inactive.
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Wh4t replaces Inferno390!
LastManStanding
LastManStanding
Goon
LastManStanding
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Votecount 1.6With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Wh4t
(2): ManateeDude, Poseidon
ManateeDude
(3): Eragon, Egg, BuJaber
GameNBurger
(3): Wh4t, Fromage, Almost50

Not Voting
(1): GameNBurger

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-08-14 08:00:00)
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 268, Poseidon wrote:
In post 267, Egg wrote:Where did the word confirmed come from?

misworded sorry. I meant "townread" Looking back on it all, yeah he's been very vague but it could just be dismissive/disinterest? Like I said, kinda wanna give the replacement at least a chance to contribute before getting the axe. Not trying to take away any reads, just don't be hasty to kill the inactive.
We have a week til deadline, so waiting to lynch is fine. But the replace out doesn't affect any of that in my eyes.
Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Wh4t »

Hello! I'm town.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Poseidon »

Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Wh4t »

In post 85, Fromage wrote:A lot of Eragon's posts contain only fluff. (, , ) I don't like it. VOTE: Eragon

FOS: Inferno. I don't like how much time he spends defending himself and how little scumhunting he does.
In post 115, Fromage wrote:
In post 101, Egg wrote:Fromage, why does eragons fluff outweigh his content?
Careful. I didn't say Eragon's fluff outweighs his content. I said I don't like his fluff. I'm not even sure if I scumread him.
The backtracking here gives me scummy vibes. The initial read was pretty bad nitpicking, it felt like he decided to scum read someone lynchbaity before he looked for posts to back the read (if you actually look at the posts he's pointing out as "fluff"). 85 is opportunistic imo.

Return to “Completed Open Games”