Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #214 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 196, mastina wrote:
In post 195, brassherald wrote:I'll role PM standardize right here:

Welcome [Name] you are a [role] look up what you can do on the wiki and start playing already.
This is why when, as often as I'm able to, my role PM formatting will feature a link to a role.
E.g.
Mafia
Rolecop
Town
Cop
Alignment
Role

I can't always give it because sometimes I modify roles (if a role is sufficiently modified, linking to the wiki of the role may be misleading), sometimes there's no wiki for it, sometimes the wiki for it doesn't match even remotely the role I'm using because
the wiki
is out of date (this will soon be fixed tho), and on some very rare occasions, sometimes I simply wasn't aware that the role I was using actually had a wiki page and thought for sure it did not. But whenever I can, I do.
Yeah I did this following my Earthbound game because there was a few people confused about how their role worked and I figured it was the best way to fix the problem.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 200, Nexus wrote:I failed to respond to Mathdino, and a couple of others, but equally when I brought people to the NRG to agree with me, I got resistance and push back. Maybe I should have been more firm, but I was trying to not piss off the reviewers we had.
The thing I dislike about this is that you took people in to agree with you. You should take people who know what they're doing, not have a particular stance.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 203, brassherald wrote:Hey, mods can only mod one game at a time. I am modding my one game, and towards the end of the currently running game I'll start the design process on my next game so that it's a smooth transition.

But, yeah, we have a shortage in really every queue now, it's kind of sad.
Um no? You can mod one mini-sized game at a time. I don't know why that's the only queue regulated that way but that's the deal. You can mod at least two micros iirc, and I think you can mod a newbie on top of that. So like, 4-5 games you can mod at a time (might be hard to handle but hey this is theoreticals)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 342, OkaPoka wrote:I think this site whether you like it or not - is getting more and more suited to a faster meta, deadlines are moving down, people are posting more (don't quote me on that one)

Maybe we should split the queues on activity levels
This would be acceptable to me. I don’t agree with all of MU but they have a split for their regular games (generally 36-72 hour days and 12-24 hour nights), mashes (12 hour days and nights) and longer games (like 7 week days and 48 hour nights).
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mafia Discussion”