Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #835 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by implosion »

Hello. I'm bored, so I'm going to say hi to this thread.

I'm at rank 3 atm, hoping to get legend (haven't gotten there before). Got there using (pretty) standard midrange hunter. But then i got
sick of perpetuating the meta
bored of it, so I just made this in reaction to seeing something similar and saying "this will probably be fun to play" (this is like the second draft):

Thoughts? The senjin and harvest golem replacing I think 1x duplicate and 1x ethereal arcanist was a kneejerk reaction to a loss where it felt like I didn't have enough threats that I could play into an empty board.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #838 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't have rag yet (though I do have 2555 dust). I haven't actually drawn the ethereal since replacing one of them.

Sjow's deck is decisively more aggressive than mine. It also has a focus on different synergies. It's funny that all of the additions are undertakers and minions with deathrattle. I'm gonna mess around with it in a more controlly style a bit before inevitably deciding it's bad and going Sjow's route.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #840 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Yeah, i may have already given up.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #841 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by implosion »

That awesome moment of mirror entity getting a sludge belcher leading to a turn-7 concede.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #858 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 857, chamber wrote:It's so hard to move up in rank 5+.

I feel your pain so much.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #866 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Having probably given up/grown bored on a whim of ladder, I turn to arena.

Given the choice between warrior, priest, and hunter (lol), I went with hunter solely because it had been the longest since I'd arena'd it.

First game, I had a turn where I played buzzard-buzzard-webspinner-webspinner-webspinner. (also, two of those webspinners... gave me webspinners)

Second game, I had a turn where I played buzzard-buzzard-webspinner-buzzard.

This will be amusing.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #875 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by implosion »

So, would you say you disenchanted that duplicate Baron Geddon...

*beat*

...For Doomhammer?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #878 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by implosion »

I have come across possibly the most interesting/difficult arena pick I've gotten.

It's the 30th pick. I can show the rest of picks if desired, but the most notable is 2x savage roar.

I'm given the choice between ancient of lore, force of nature, sea giant.

Opinions?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #882 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by implosion »

Yeah I took the ancient.

I just think the possibility of comboing in arena is tough to pass up. No one in arena would expect a druid to have 14+ burst damage from two cards.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #885 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by implosion »

Mage is commonly considered the #1 arena class, mostly because it has one of the best hero powers (since trading is always going to be centric to the arena meta) and many of the best commons (flamestrike, fireball, frostbolt, polymorph, water elemental are all fantastic especially in arena meta). It's certainly the most picked.

But yeah, if you know what you're doing in arena you can make a tidy profit. I pretty rarely get fewer than 3 wins, and I probably average 6-7.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #910 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:00 am

Post by implosion »

In post 904, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 900, InflatablePie wrote:I crafted a Leeroy

I feel like I really need to do this.

He was the first legendary I crafted, and hey, it took me maybe 1.5-2 months to open one in a pack.

My best pack was probably the one where I opened a rare, then an epic. Then I said, out loud, with at least one other person watching me open the pack "let's keep going" and the next card I clicked was a legendary (I think it was a duplicate van cleef, but that's beside the point).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #953 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 am

Post by implosion »

The thing is that nerfing buzzard indirectly nerfs uth. The problem with buzzard + uth is that to play around it you can really never have more than two minions at the end of your turn... and even that gives them a 2/1 and two charging 1/1s without losing any cards. That's really the main way that UTH is used offensively - you buzzards+uth, board wipe or something close to that, and then the board is at near parity and you have those 4 cards that you just drew.

5 mana 3/2 is a bit drastic for the sole reason of comparison to gadgetzan auctioneer, I think. But the buzzard is honestly probably a bigger problem than uth simply because it was the hunter's only card draw engine. So this nerfs both ways of using buzzard (with UTH, and with small minions/sacking savannah highmane).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #968 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 967, chamber wrote:You can disenchant for full cost after a nerf typically.

Yeah. Blizzard did say explicitly that leeroy and buzzard would be disenchantable for full cost (that is, 1600 dust for leeroy) once the balance change goes live, which they said is expected to happen September 22.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1015 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1014, xRECKONERx wrote:Hunters? With what?

Priests? With what?

Rogues have assassinate but it's not meta at all

Hunter's mark + any previous board presence, or a boar, or hounds.

Mind control. This one's a bit shakier. There's the classic dilemma of 4-attack minions for priest though, otherwise they have sw:d or sw:p.

Rogues have assassinate which is meh, but they also typically run sap, which can in some situations be plenty good enough of an answer.

Handlocks also have siphon.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1020 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1019, Dr Pants wrote:ive also had really strong results running a questing adventurer, if you can get it behind a conceal before you start doing your cycling, you can get it much bigger than van cleef

This is actually kind of a cool idea that I have not thought of before.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1057 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1056, Oman wrote:So I pulled ysera out of a pack and have been playing with her because I needed her, ya know. But then I just swapped Kel'Thuzad into my druid deck and OMG HE IS AMAZING. Does a really fun combo with Force of nature too. If you trade them all (ie if they die before the end of the turn) they resummon.

Kel'Thuzad is my new favourite card.

I want to not like kel'thuzad, like all of the good players said he was never going to be played. But I really like him. First of all he's just fun as hell to play, I added him to my shaman deck, the feeling of dropping him and then sacking two fire elementals into a sea giant and effectively having him say "battlecry: summon two 6/5s" is hilarious. Second he straight-up won me a game against a priest a couple days ago when he survived for like 5-6 turns and just kept resummoning a bunch of 1/1 tokens and let me trade into literally everything pretty much for free. He's so good in the right deck. He's not like rag or ysera who you can just drop into any control deck and they fit, but when he fits in a deck he's so much fun.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1075 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by implosion »

Just drafted 4 avenging wraths.

This shall be entertaining.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1080 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by implosion »

One of the better things I've ever seen happen.

Arena. Specifically, I'm 6-2, so this is a pretty high-record bracket. Opponent plays deathlord, and with it at 2 hp, gives it ancestral spirit. First time it dies it gives me a dread infernal. Second time it gives me a sludge belcher. On the same turn that it died the second time, i sacked my voidcaller to bring out another dread infernal (it was 50/50 between that and a doomguard).

So turn 6 and I have two dread infernals, a sludge belcher, a blood imp, and a stormwind knight. Next turn I played an 8/8 frostwolf warlord, at which they conceded.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1110 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1109, Saki wrote:If you give Mr. Bigglesworth taunt like I did, Kel'Thuzad will ignore the taunt and bash on you anyways.

>_>

Really. I remember playing hunter against him the first time I played against him and he killed Mr. Bigglesworth without him even having taunt... and then KT blamed me :(.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1131 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by implosion »

Hilariously relevant.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1137 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by implosion »

@AP:

The thing in that that I'm going to choose to disagree with and feel like discussing/i'm procrastinating/taking a break from math homework is the tip to not pick rogue. First of all simply anecdotally, my first 11-win run was with a rogue (and I think I've gotten a 12-win run too). Second, rogue has plenty of good tools in arena:

-deadly poison is a 2-for-1. Almost always. Or it's a cheap push for lethal.
-assassinate is like a better polymorph, because you typically want to ping the sheep, which makes it cost 6 mana. Granted it activates deathrattles. Regardless, rogue has a solid common form of hard removal that they can thus frequently draft, which is a huuuuge plus.
-assassin's blade is solid.
-eviscerate is one of the best and most flexible removal spells in the game.
-backstab can 1-for-1 so that you don't lose card advantage, and literally can automatically win you the tempo race on turn 2-3 without your opponent being able to do a damn thing.
-coin + defias can win games on its own. Granted, that won't win you every game. However, it will be a huge part of some games, and others, defias typically isn't a bad card even if you can't coin it out turn 1.
And those are all commons. The big downside here is a lack of a good AoE clear; this is a downside shared by other classes. Warrior has pretty much nothing of note other than whirlwind which is nominal. Shaman only has lightning storm which is absolutely fantastic, but rare, so you aren't guaranteed to get it. Warlock has hellfire but it's super situational. They also have shadowflame but it's situational and rare. Rogue also has some not-that-good AoE removal, in fan of knives and blade flurry.

Third, their hero power is fantastic. It's mage's hero power with a moderate downside and a moderate upside.
The downside is that you take face damage (and can't attack through taunts, but that isn't too big of a deal usually, it can be sometimes but it's not super important imo). Face damage is bad but it's not very meaningful early game in an arena game. If you're low on health from hitting minions then you have probably hit enough minions to gain significant advantage.
The upside is that you get two of them... for the cost of one. That's pretty damn good.

I'm curious as to what you have so strongly against rogue, I've had several drafts as rogue go very well, and I haven't done worse with it than other classes overall in my experience.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1138 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by implosion »

Also forgot to mention SI:7. One of the best rares in the game for arena. If your opponent 2-drops a 3/2, then a turn 2 coin SI:7 is an absolutely ENORMOUS tempo swing, PLUS it's a free 1 for 0 trade because a 3/3 body for 3 is playable on its own.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1145 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:35 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1143, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Pidgeon, if they play no turn 1, then you defias and your opponent hero powers to kill the 2/1. It'll be going into your turn 2 and the board state is no enemy minions versus a 2/2 for you...

THATS GOOD.

Like, seriously, hero power before turn 4-5 needs quite a bit of value to make up for it being slow as hell.

The issue with rogue is that come turn 7-8 they're generally doomed. If it goes into a big long brawlfest (which arena tends to do ime), rogue hero power giving them face damage suuuuucks. Them having no good 6mana+ cards also sucks.

The thing with anubar ambusher is it's slow as hell, so if you have a tempo advantage you dont want to play the ambusher turn 4.

I think this is a more common complaint that I've heard about rogue, at least in common tier lists and the like. The typical theory that you hear about arena from those sources is something along the lines of board control is king in arena. It's incredibly difficult to draft an arena deck that can consistently win if it loses board and doesn't have a massive advantage in life, and the amount of face damage you take as a rogue typically isn't enough to make the game unwinnable if you get board from it.

The whole running out of steam thing has lost games, but I've also had plenty of arena games that have been won by essentially converting an early game tempo advantage into a sprint, after which i have enough resources to answer anything.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1147 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by implosion »

I drafted a hunter deck that I find amusing (I have both of the 60 gold quests for hunter as well, which is nice). It's got a lot of things that are oddly constructed... 2 eaglehorn bows, 2 mad scientists, and some secrets (2 explosive and a snipe, which granted isn't that similar to constructed). And they said I couldn't draft something synergistic.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1149 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1147, implosion wrote:I drafted a hunter deck that I find amusing (I have both of the 60 gold quests for hunter as well, which is nice). It's got a lot of things that are oddly constructed... 2 eaglehorn bows, 2 mad scientists, and some secrets (2 explosive and a snipe, which granted isn't that similar to constructed). And they said I couldn't draft something synergistic.

aaaand 5-0 so far. 120 gold. happiness.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1156 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1150, Glork wrote:
In post 1147, implosion wrote:I drafted a hunter deck that I find amusing (I have both of the 60 gold quests for hunter as well, which is nice). It's got a lot of things that are oddly constructed... 2 eaglehorn bows, 2 mad scientists, and some secrets (2 explosive and a snipe, which granted isn't that similar to constructed). And they said I couldn't draft something synergistic.

I mean, anyone can get lucky and happen to get all of the pieces to something synergistic. But overvaluing cards because you might get other cards that combo with them? No. Please don't.

I know, this was supposed to be mostly sarcastic~
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1167 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1166, chamber wrote:I really think in arena your emphasis should be on card quality first and curve 2nd. Curve still matters but making sure the 3 drops you get are the good three drops tends to matter more than how many you get (Imo) if you are picking between two shitty cards just take the cheap one as long as it does something is my rule to stop my curve from getting unruly.

I've tended to agree with this, I think contrary to what a lot of streamers have said. I don't think it's super important to have a perfect curve (or even necessarily a good curve) if it means turning down high-quality cards.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1178 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1177, xRECKONERx wrote:I go in waves with HS.

I'll play pretty consistently for about three weeks, then take a few weeks off.

I kind of have waves where I'll play very little for a while and then I'll play a lot for like 2-3 days. Typically this happens whenever I construct a new deck.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1206 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Post by implosion »

So I drafted an absolutely absurd priest deck. Proceeded to go 0-2. Am now 11-2.

(not shown: 1x sunwalker, 1x temple enforcer)

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1273 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by implosion »

The first legendary I got was literally the legendary I wanted most (Vol'jin). The second I got was literally the one I wanted second-most (Sneed's old shredder). Those are the only two I've gotten but still~

I made an aggro mech mage deck, which I'm kind of proud of because it's the first deck that I really made without consulting any other similar decks from the internets. Some modifications since the first draft though, and still plenty of room.
It's nice, because I can often basically win by turn 5-6, and if not then Antonidas is absolutely a win condition on his own. Turn 7+ Antonidas (+ coin) + 1-3 spare parts is absolutely insane. And I basically always have at least 2 spare parts by then.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1276 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:03 am

Post by implosion »

Maybe. I also decided that it needs polymorphs, otherwise it gets completely wrecked by things like druids ramping into ancient of war, or anyone playing sludge belcher.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1278 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Perhaps. Seems worth trying at least.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1279 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Earlier today, I was thinking 'hm, I wonder if Gazlowe would fit in this deck."

Today, I opened golden Gazlowe.

So that's a thing now. We'll see if it's good at all.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1326 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by implosion »

Thoughtsteal is alright in arena. Sure there are better cards, but I'd put it as around average. It is however one of those cards that gives you a lot of something but at a cost - namely it gives you a lot of card advantage at the cost of tempo. So 4 is a bit excessive because you'll wind up with games where 2 of them are just sitting dead in your hand while you have to play all of your other cards to respond to your opponent's board becoming scarier and scarier.

Deck thinning *does* have its advantages though - there was a game I watched Kripp play yesterday in the 8-9 wins bracket in arena, as mage, and he had 4 cards left in his deck, and he could remember two of them were arcane intellect and antique healbot. His opponent was at fatigue and had no board, but was gonna kill him in like 2 or 3 turns due to fatigue. In that case drawing the intellect would be useful because you know exactly what you're going to get (turns out it was the bottom card of his deck, though, although he still won at 1 hp due to damage from a yeti + fatigue).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1329 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by implosion »

I think it was always 4.
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Violet_Teacher
If there had been changes it would show them near the bottom of the page in a patch changes section. For instance, in:
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Illidan_Stormrage
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1365 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by implosion »

I've bought classic packs instead of GvG packs on accident...
...twice.

BUT it was only one pack each time :shifty:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2114 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2113, AstralFlare wrote:I personally find Astral Communion really interesting. Has half my user name in it heh

I can one-up this.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2256 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:40 am

Post by implosion »

Justicar Trueheart seems absolutely amazing imo. I put her in my control warrior (along with varian and a couple other new cards) and she's the star. Won me so many games against aggro by just managing to outlast the last of their steam. Won me plenty of games against control by giving me so much armor that I can just wait until fatigue hits with no worries.

At least in control warrior the main problem she has of suffering a tempo hit barely matters since I'm running so much removal (including double brawl) that I can just tank through the damage and clear. Also makes shield slam so much more reliable in cases where you can't keep armor.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2477 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by implosion »

Just hope the other person gets Malorne and kill it. 4 mana Malorne is pretty good.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2522 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 am

Post by implosion »

Someone, somewhere out there has spent 3200 dust to craft a golden Majordomo.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2551 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2549, Sudo_Nym wrote:Not that I'm sad to see Patron get dialed down, except that "dialed down" means "completely gutted". Is the deck even viable without Warsong Commander? And does Warrior have a second viable deck without Patron? It's basically down to just Control Warrior, since Bolster Warrior never happened.

Control warrior will probably always be viable. I really like the idea of a combo warrior that's balanced, though. I do soooort of think this is too far to nerf a card (it's basically just a super situational class-specific raid leader with +1 health now). And I didn't think buzzard was too far at the time.

Still healthy for the meta though probably.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3159 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:47 am

Post by implosion »

Rogue is probably the best but only if you know how to play a tempo deck well. You also need to draft some kind of draw mechanics so that you can tempo early without burning out (which is why a sprint can be such a lifesaver). Currently have a 9-1 rogue deck with 2 azure drakes, 2 fan of knives. Which is great because it fills that need for draw and has great synergy. Plus 2 buccaneers which are just so hilariously strong.

Only game I lost was to an unexpected deathwing.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3198 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by implosion »

The power curve is somewhat flat but like Sudo said it does hurt consistency. This hurts some decks more than others; for control warriors it's very very difficult to replace 2x shield slam/execute/waraxe/deathsbite and still be as good. Renolock is so good partially because the key cards from handlock (which is sort of the old token control warlock) are somewhat replaceable, although it changes the flavor of the deck a lot. They were only really in there because they all synergized (big creatures + taunt enablers + shadowflame/etc) but that somewhat defensive synergy is less necessary with reno.

I don't think it's op, though, because it is still going to hurt consistency in general. A lot of decks have 2-ofs that they really need to draw one of in most games. Even in warlock there are cards that renolock wishes it could run two of (like belchers).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3205 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:58 am

Post by implosion »

i'm not sure if i've never had the option to draft that card or if i literally just didn't even notice it because i didn't stop to consider it
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3209 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by implosion »

AP wrote:I might pick eerie statue over ancient watcher or ....uh.. is alarmobot a rare?

The tierlist that I sometimes refer to in fact recommends picking it over
exactly those two cards and nothing else
(apart from a couple cards that have lower scores in some classes).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3219 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by implosion »

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3221 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by implosion »

Possibly the most absurd arena game or any game i've ever played just happened... and in the 0-0 bracket no less.

I drafted anub'arak. I played it on turn 9, and he facelessed it. I then played mounted raptor on anub'arak... which means I had a completely endless supply of 4/4s. I probably played anub'arak 4-5 times. He also had ysera. And antonidas. I won.

HNNNG.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4530 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

Post by implosion »

pally I got justicar ring and a bunch of the silver hand cards (adapt silver hand,
give +1 attack
, the new 5 mana card that gives all silver hands +2/+2 and taunt) and that pretty much carried it for me with some other
aggro
controllish cards like some tirions
^
I've beaten it with Pally, mage, priest. Paladin that was basically my deck, final boss was actually Togwaggle and he was really easy iirc. I have been absolutely crushed by him though. He has a ton of variance. For obvious reasons.

Mage I had a deck with two flamestrikes, everything else unique, and kazakus/reno/ink person but never actually used any of their abilities to strong effect, I mostly just had a bunch of solid-enough control cards and glyph of warding (enemy minions cost +1) and the thing that makes your >5 cost minions cost 5, and hammered out wins with early-played minions. MVP of that run was actually Sindragosa. Final boss of that run was Azari who I just super easily outvalued and crushed with sindragosa+other expensive things with reduced cost before my deck started milling.

Priest run I again took glyph of warding because god it's so good and then your minions have +1/+1 and again had a vaguely controllish deck. A couple cairnes, a kel'thuzad, a ysera, the occasional reincarnation shenanigans. I kept drawing greedy pickaxe in my opening hand, including in the final boss (Vol), which was super super easy because I just had so much of a tempo advantage from greedy pickaxe + glyph of warding letting me play like, t2 pickaxe to clear minions on turns 2 and 3, t4 cairne t5 cairne t7 ysera or some BS like that.

The single boss I've had the most consistent trouble with is the arcane missile + I Serve The Fire Lord mage. Always seem to get her after taking the stealth passive.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4807 (isolation #48) » Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by implosion »

Just played an arena game. I'm a rogue, 4-2 going into it, vs a priest. Beyond topdecking betrayal to kill a board with 4/4, 6/6, 4/4 in that order in combination with the gilnean royal guard I already had, the endgame of this game was ridiculous. I'm struggling to hold on to my life total for half of the game, with a board advantage but difficulty completely stabilizing. At one point in the game, I got Sindragosa off of some effect, I think a bone drake. When I got a turn with nothing else to play I played it never really expecting to pop either of the 0/1s as nothing in my deck could do so. I almost completely stabilized the board, with me at 3 life and him having an 11/4 and me having a tar creeper, and with a decent bit of damage and some lategame fal'dorei strider 4/4s on their way. Both of us closing in on fatigue as well. He hits the tar creeper and drops a violet wurm.

This is awful as I don't have any way at all to deal with the 1/1s, even though I can kill the wurm easily (I have a leftover stoneskin basilisk). So I'm praying for another taunt topdeck even though I have none left. I topdeck... hallucination, and pop it. Nightscale matriarch (ironically something he royally fucked me over with earlier but useless to me), shadow word: death, shadow word: pain are the options. Death is useless; I have plenty on board to kill both his minions, despite both of them being in range to die to death... the issue is the 1/1s from the wurm. So I make the literal only play available to me... I grab pain and kill one of my frozen champions. And out pops... Lord Godfrey. A board wipe that costs exactly how much mana I have left. I swing with minions and pop it and clear the board. Conveniently, it also pops my other frozen champion, which turns out to be...

...deathwing.

Which is good, because on the next turn he played a 5/5 corrosive sludge that I had no way to kill since my board was the single 4/4 of lord Godfrey, so I made the forced play of dropping deathwing. Unfortunately 2/3 of my fal'dorei strider freebies came out this turn so they were wasted. But it was a forced move to swing with the 4/4 then drop deathwing. On his turn (empty hand) he topdecks faerie dragon. I'm at 3 health so again, forced move... kill it with deathwing. I get the last 4/4 and a patient assassin, and with that, my deck is empty and the priest's deck has one card. I drop the assassin and swing for the faerie dragon, leaving me with 18 damage on board (12 deathwing + 4 spider + 1 assassin + 1 weapon) to his 17 health after hero powering next turn... and I will only have next turn to kill him, because after that I'm going to take 1 + 2 lethal fatigue damage.

I pass, and he draws the last card in his deck. Hovers over it for a good 30 seconds...

...and concedes.

Incidentally he missed 2 damage earlier from trading into an 8/1 that I had with a phantom militia when he really should have been going face since I was obviously going to make the trade on my turn. If he'd made that play I'd have lost. I was at 2hp at one point. Also would have lost if the last fal'dorei spider wound up being after the patient assassin in my deck.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4859 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by implosion »

my 3 packs had whizbang~~~~