Nintendo Switch hype thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 0, xRECKONERx wrote:New Mario Kart (featuring King Boo and two item slots... Double Dash 2?????)
It looks like just an updated port of 8 to me..? Mostly because they're just racing on Yoshi's Island (which was on 8) and it looks basically identical, same UI and everything.

Rest is hype, of course, although I'm mildly worried by the painfully huge performance hit that Zelda clearly takes when it switches into being a handheld.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 26, xyzzy wrote:having a system where you hold 2 items at once would be a pretty massive change to include in what is just a port; it's probable that it's based on Mario Kart 8, especially because it just makes sense for Nintendo to reuse anything from the Wii U that they can, but I think it's probable that it'll be a new numbered entry.
But it has an identical UI (same track name and font, same shape and style item holder things, same placing and style of the lap and coin cointer and place, and most importantly to me an identical VS Race logo - in fact the only different UI element is the colour of the Map, which is blue in 8), an identical track, and from what I can see (although the screen is too small to fully tell) the karts seem to be the same and the character models that aren't new are the same too (at the start line, you can see Rosalina on the standard ATV with monster tires and Roy on the Pipe Frame, and then while racing you can see Mario on the B-Dasher and King Boo is on the Circuit Special - all of these are in Mario Kart 8).

It looks way too similar to be a sequel. Updated re-release with significant changes is my bet.

As for Zelda - look at 0:44, where the monster is standing up - significant lag and no hits going on. I'd love it to be something else, but right now it's looking like the handheld on its own has significantly weaker power than the console as a whole.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 28, Zachrulez wrote:No backwards compatibility with physical media for Wii U or 3DS.

That's a bit disappointing.
To be honest, I'm kind of thankful - I feel that if they continued being backwards compatible, they'd have to include certain features just for the sake of including them to allow backwards compatibility - dual screen, motion controls, etc.

(Don't get me wrong from my various comments by the way - I am super hyped for this whole thing as it looks super great, and it's nice to see that Nintendo is continuing to produce games consoles that have the aim of being games consoles rather than just inferior PCs like Xbox/Playstation tend to be)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Davsto »

You can plug GBA games into your 3DS? That's impressive.

Also, this console doesn't have dual-screen play - that is, there are two screens, but you don't use them both simultaneously anymore.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 35, Davsto wrote:this console doesn't have dual-screen play - that is, there are two screens, but you don't use them both simultaneously anymore.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Davsto »

I think Nintendo confirmed officially that only one screen is used at a time.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Davsto »

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 am

Post by Davsto »

Leak, this was just put on EB Games' Australian site, taken down shortly
Australian dollars here and the console price is a placeholder, but this confirms that the Mario Kart we saw was a MK8 to Switch updated port, and potentially that the pro controller is being released after the Switch console.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by Davsto »

Super Mario Odessey looks pretty good too - a 3D Mario platformer more in the vein of 64 or Galaxy as in that they're fairly open levels.

Okay, sure, Galaxy was rather linear, but as much as I've enjoyed the recent 3D Mario games they've felt too much like "2D Mario but in 3D" to be really uniquely good games. Odessey looks to fix that by being a proper separate 3D platformer again.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Davsto »

I have pretty good hopes for the console in general because it seems like a fairly interesting console design, particularly the controller, although on the other hand I basically cannot see it becoming Nintendo's main handheld because it's a tad too bulky and its battery life is atrocious.

Pretty hyped for the games (particularly Mario) though

Not getting this at launch, partly because I'm 17 and don't exactly have £270 so I'll probably get it bday/christmas, but I wouldn't get it now anyway tbh, because there is literally one interesting game (Zelda) in its launch lineup and I can get it for Wii U for £20 cheaper. Would anyway wait for more games and potentially a decrease in some parts of the prices.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeah I pretty much entirely buy Nintendo consoles for the first-party stuff because they make such great games

I mean some aren't interesting, but I can look at them and see if I'm interested or not, and if a game looks good to me it's guaranteed to be polished to hell and back and unlikely to be different from what I expected, if you get what I mean
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 92, chamber wrote:
In post 89, Glork wrote:Third party support for consoles is really useful when you're, say, taking care of a 10 month old baby.
Sorry if it seemed like I was challenging your ability to dislike the system. You can dislike it for whatever reasons you want. Mine situation isn't your situation.
Pretty much. The thing about a lot of the Switch issues is that they are rather situational - this isn't to discredit the views of those affected by the issues (they're still issues), but it doesn't affect me so I'm still going to buy one - for example, the online thing is something I couldn't care less about because I don't think I've ever (besides Kid Icarus Uprising) played a Nintendo game's online multiplayer.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 97, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 94, Davsto wrote:
In post 92, chamber wrote:
In post 89, Glork wrote:Third party support for consoles is really useful when you're, say, taking care of a 10 month old baby.
Sorry if it seemed like I was challenging your ability to dislike the system. You can dislike it for whatever reasons you want. Mine situation isn't your situation.
Pretty much. The thing about a lot of the Switch issues is that they are rather situational - this isn't to discredit the views of those affected by the issues (they're still issues), but it doesn't affect me so I'm still going to buy one - for example, the online thing is something I couldn't care less about because I don't think I've ever (besides Kid Icarus Uprising) played a Nintendo game's online multiplayer.
Well I mean beyond the online issues there's the issue of it only have 32gb storage (I still don't understand that decision.) and costing $299 without a game.

If it gets a decent xenoblade bundle, that's probably how I'm going to end up getting it.
Storage space - I buy all my games as physical copies so that doesn't affect me. It's the same storage as the Wii U and that was never a problem (also with Nintendo consoles you can always just use an SD card to add extra space and you can get them fairly cheap so it's not a huge issue either way). Again, I'm not saying it isn't a legitimate issue, but it will not affect me, so I'm still getting the console for sure.

As for the price, isn't $299 actually very cheap for a brand new console with controller? It's $100 cheaper than the PS4 and controller at launch, and $200 cheaper than the Xbox One, controller and Kinect at launch. The console price is actually really good (the game and extra controller prices however are less so).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Davsto »

Tbh if you're buying consoles for launch titles, graphics, and entertainment apps, you may as well just upgrade your PC since it can do all that and more

Also as much as Nintendo consoles have technically worse graphics, Nintendo first party games' art design and ability to use their consoles limited capabilities is absolutely fantastic - Mario Kart 8 was one of the best looking games of the generation in my opinion (and ran at 720p/60fps which isn't bad for a console), and SSB4 looked pretty great and ran at 1080p/60fps which most console games could barely dream of.

I'll admit, I'm basically only buying the Switch for the exclusives, and that's what I did with the Wii U, but from my view I don't really see home consoles as having any significant appeal beyond that (though handhelds are a different kettle of fish entirely).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #106 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Davsto »

And that's why you don't mindlessly buy the console at launch but wait until there are games which you really want the console for lol

I mean Mario Odessey looks great (though not a launch title), as does Zelda but hey that's opinions, isn't it spooky how those work?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Davsto »

3DS launch lineup was genuinely awful actually

https://techcrunch.com/2011/02/22/here- ... ch-titles/
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Davsto »

quality not quantity etc etc
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Post by Davsto »

I don't have a review but I can say that those worrying about the Wii U version of Zelda shouldn't - comparing my experience to descriptions of the Switch version it runs about the same. Get it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #133 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Davsto »

The lag seems oddly random tbh

Like occasionally I'll be in a location or situation and think "this should be lagging to hell right now" like when I'm surrounded by fire or
when I'm firing arrows at a giant ice dragon to try and hit it
and it isn't, and yet it's lagging when I'm in an area with no fire and barely any grass

It's odd
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #134 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Davsto »

But yeah, while there is slowdown on the Wii U, and more than on the Switch, it's not much worse and it's definitely not bad - if you have a Wii U, don't hold off on getting Zelda just because you're waiting for the Switch to be worth buying.

The lag is fairly uncommon (you will spend most of your experience with a solid 30, a small portion at 30 with occasional lags, and a smaller portion with consistent lag), and it's very rarely at key points either so it doesn't tend to get in your way - it's most common in towns and stables rather than dungeons and volcanoes.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #143 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 139, Zachrulez wrote:Just went through Best Buy today. The Wii U version of Zelda was pretty bare while the Switch version had abundant copies. That doesn't say very flattering things about the Switch. These are actually the first two Wii U copies of the game I've even found at a retailer while the Switch versions are pretty easy to find.
I heard that the Wii U version was underproduced while the Switch version had a fairly standard run

The Switch has actually sold pretty well from what little data I've looked at - way better than Wii U at least
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Davsto »

That 890,000 figure is US-only for the record

From what I can find, the current estimate for US first week of Switch is around the 500,000 mark
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #173 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Davsto »

Considering the flak that Nintendo has received for underproducing and understocking previous products I can't say I blame them for overproducing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeah I think I spent around 100 hours, but then I did spend a
lot
of time dicking around, exploring, plus completing all 120 shrines (discovered around 105 myself, the last 15 I used walkthroughs to find and am thankful because I don't think I'd have found a single one of the remaining 15 alone).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #205 (isolation #24) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 203, xRECKONERx wrote:also the feeling i got when i ran into my first
dragon
was fucking incredible

i didn't even know it existed; it was completely accidental
Same here - I tried to go in unspoiled but there were a few details which found their way to me - but not this. First
saw one flying up in the air and went "the fuck is that"
. Next time was
near the canyon where the red one came along right fucking next to me, I was like "what a majestic bastard"
. Honestly up there with some of my best gaming experiences.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #213 (isolation #25) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Davsto »

Barbarian
armour is my favourite, used it for the final boss.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #235 (isolation #26) » Sun May 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Davsto »

I've heard good things about the HD rumble, iirc there's a 1-2 Switch game where you hold the joycon sideways and tilt it and from the vibrations try to figure out how many marbles are in the "box", and it's good enough that it's actually feasible.

I have a hard time seeing how it will be used in a non-forced way (as I see little it can do to enhance regular gameplay), but then again it's Nintendo and if anyone can find a way, it's them
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #280 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Post by Davsto »

also just so you all know there is a new 2D metroid coming to the 3DS that was barely announced but looks fairly fair through
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Davsto »

I have the Wii U version and it's alright fun I guess? It'd probably be best with someone to play with though as the single player has little lasting value and gets quite repetitive.

Also I got a Switch and it's really really good, Mario Odyssey is great fun and I'm getting through it very quickly. A little too quickly - I'm getting worryingly close to 100%ing the game and it's a shame because I want it to last. Not a problem with the game though, it's very long lasting, I'm just spending lots of my free time on it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #366 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Davsto »

I'd like to but also have Xenoblade Chronicles X and have barely started it in like a year (maybe two?) of having it so I think I should probably make sure I enjoy that sort of game by playing X before going ahead and buying it
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #378 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Davsto »

Especially
bad? You mean it's bad compared to Xenoblade "I'm really feeling it" Chronicles? Oh dear.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #393 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Davsto »

The controls are just down to personal preference I guess (although I really found them great tbh) and the main story is undeniably short, lasting about 8-10 hours, with the longevity lying in trying to get all the moons (or at least as many as possible).

What I really don't get is your second point - can you explain why you hate it? You just sort of stated a thing without any reasoning and I really do not get at all how that's a negative. I really like it since it rewards me for looking around even while I'm doing the main story, and I would honestly find it really jarring to be thrown into an open level (some of which are big), full of secrets and clearly made to be explored, and then told that I can't explore it for 45 minutes because the game is going to railroad me onto a very linear main quest first. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the main quests, I just think I'd find it really irritating if the game didn't give me the freedom to explore and find things during them when the kingdoms are so clearly designed to be open and searchable. So yeh, could you explain why you hate the ability to collect the moons along the way?

PEdit - I get that, but also don't mind because the "redundancy" is designed so you don't have to move your fingers around the controller as much, which if you're trying to do certain fast jump combos (e.g. long jump-hat throw-leap and bounce off hat-hat throw-leap) is really helpful. I like my thumb being able to stay in place when I'm trying to play a game which sometimes requires fast reactions on jump or throw commands, otherwise I could end up finding it frustrating when I misclick etc.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #394 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Davsto »

Yeh I'm one of the ones who prefers it to BotW. They're both pretty close to each other but for a couple of reasons Mario Odyssey just about gets the edge for me.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #396 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 395, Chevre wrote:Maybe there's a utility for this later but I also miss something like SM64 or Super Mario Galaxy's level-select a lot.
If you talk to the bird that appears on the map it will give you this for up to three of a kingdom's moons at one time (which will also pair with the toad coord, if you have it).

And yeh, I get you I think. It's probably just a matter of different styles of games being enjoyed by different people, if that makes sense.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #401 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Davsto »

Fuck you menno the seal races were the best part of the game

(Slight exaggeration but they were some of my favourite moons,,, bouncing around as fluffy fat seals was cute af)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #414 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Davsto »

Two packs:
- Variety pack comes with the kits for two remote control cars, the keyboard, the house, the fishing rod and the motorbike handlebars, along with the game selection that goes with these.
- Robot pack comes with that massive robot suit build as well as the game that you play with this.

Honestly, all in all? Price doesn't seem that bad. The cardboard looks very high quality (i.e. not the type that'll tear with the slightest pull, it seems reinforced) and fits together well (as anything like this should) so of course it's gonna add a bit to a regular game price. Also gotta remember we're hardly the target audience here, this is aimed at like 4-12 year olds primarily and I think I'd have adored it back then. Still pretty interested now because it seems wonderfully imaginative and creative and good fun to build and play with for a little bit, and I can see this being implemented into more full games in future (as the robot one appears to be).

Also this finally answers that nagging question of mine of what on earth the IR camera on the right joycon was implemented for - it always seemed like a bit of an oddity to me.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #416 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Davsto »

It's something that feels like it was dreamt up by a child

In a good way like, it's so odd but unique and creative that I almost have trouble believing it was created by a team of adults, if that makes sense
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #418 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Davsto »

I also believe I read they'll be offering replacements for the cardboard builds if you break them so no, not $70 down the drain in the slightest
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #420 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Davsto »

I mean I don't know if it's free replacements, haven't seen a certain answer on that but point is you can buy the cardboard separately without having to buy the whole pack again (in the case of the variety pack where there's multiple sets) and without having to buy the game (which I imagine is the bulk of the actual cost).

May still have to pay but it won't be close to the full price, is what I'm saying.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #423 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Davsto »

Nothing's been confirmed

But if they're selling replacements bits of cardboard, keeping in mind that the bulk of the price of the sets would be the actual game cartridge/game (which would be your standard retail price), the card replacements aren't gonna be $50 is what I'm saying.

Also, the actual templates will be up for free on line and, yknow, it's cardboard so if it's just a little tear or bit falling off it's fairly easy to do DIY fixing before having to replace parts using the templates or buying replacements.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #460 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Davsto »

New smash looks great

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
New game (i.e. not just Smash Wii U remade for switch)
EVERY fighter from every previous Smash game returns, including DLC-only characters from 4 and non-returners in previous games (e.g. Snake, Young Link, Ice Climbers...)
This includes Pokémon Trainer from Brawl (which no longer has fatigue for the Pokémon so you can just play one for as long as you want)
Link based on BoTW, Zelda appearance based on Link Between Worlds, Ganondorf based off OoT
Many final smashes are changed to be more quick and to the point (including the apparent total loss of transformation-based final smashes)
Lots and lots of returning stages (good or bad? Idk, depends if they have a lot of new too), new stages including Great Plateau Tower (BotW) and some tall building from Splatoon
New characters include Inkling, Daisy (Peach clone - largely clone characters referred to as "Echo characters" e.g. Dark Pit and Lucina), Ridley
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #471 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Davsto »

DKC Tropical Freeze gets relatively tough towards the end, maybe not great if she's casual.

MK8 is really fun and won't get boring, it's really pretty visually and the underwater/flying/antigrav sections add a lot of variety. 48 courses too which adds a lot.

Mario Odyssey is very asymmetric multiplayer, I'd recommend looking up exactly what it's like to see if you'd enjoy it if multiplayer is important.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #473 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Davsto »

That's pretty much what I was politely getting at but yeeaah it's the kind of multiplayer where one player actually plays the game while the other can vaguely feel like they're doing something (and it also affects the camera controls for player one in a bad way making the game a bit more slow and irritating).

Honestly Snipperclips seems like the most appropriate? If she's more casual (i.e. wouldn't enjoy the difficulty of some of the later Donkey Kong levels) but you want a co-op game.

Mario Kart 8 would be my recommendation if you want a more competitive experience.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #477 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Davsto »

Ooh overcooked is good fun

It's pretty cheap too? Not a full priced game so it probably wouldn't hurt much to have it on top of MK8
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #499 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Davsto »

Super Smash Bros: Fine we'll add everyone you've always wanted are you happy now
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #506 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Davsto »

why's everyone like "damn I hope it's a full story mode" when the general agreement I recall is that the subspace emissary was a bit crap
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #516 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 513, Spiffeh wrote:Seeing cutscenes of Nintendo characters from different series coming together was literally my dream come true
I mean yeah but the gameplay was rather poor and I thought everyone agreed from what bits I've seen online

So when everyone says they want something like SSE they mean "a story mode with the characters interacting and cool cutscenes but not necessarily the same kind of gameplay"?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #530 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Davsto »

nintendo direct announced for tomorrow

35 minutes, switch and 3ds

There better be 20 minutes of smash because damn I love me some smash
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #531 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Davsto »

Genuine thoughts on what could be there:
- While likely not 20 minutes, there's bound to be a fair amount of smash. 5-10 minutes with a brand new fighter and maybe a new echo too? Hopefully stages too. And confirmation on what the deal is with the bosses and the "Spirits" mode.
- Odd that they've specified 3DS when it has little coming out for it besides the Luigi's Mansion remake (which already has a confirmed release date and can hardly have other new info). Is it being mentioned sign that there's brand new stuff planned for it? Or is it gonna be an indie segment or similar with both switch and 3DS?
- Super Mario Party ofc
- I'm struggling to think of other upcoming games which leads me to expect some new announcements, particularly for switch. A new 2D mario? A new Mario Kart? The new main-series Pokémon? Actual details on Metroid Prime 4? We can only hope.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #534 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Davsto »

The direct description mentions specifically that it features upcoming 3DS and Wii U titles while saying nothing about the online so hopefully not
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #536 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Davsto »

I mean switch shush
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #537 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by Davsto »

Direct delayed for a bit due to a large earthquake in Japan.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #540 (isolation #52) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Davsto »

Quite a lot of filler but some cool stuff
Isabelle looks interesting and fun as a fighter, took a day or so to grow on me but she's cool
Luigi's Mansion 3, not unexpected (was teased in the Belmont announcement trailer as he was using a new Poltergust) but fuckin hyped
The new Yoshi's Crafty game looks really pretty and more interesting than woolly world (which I never got) so I'll probably get that
And a bunch of remakes for 3DS. Will probably get Luigi's mansion and epic yarn at some point.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #560 (isolation #53) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Davsto »

can't believe Nintendo released it now, it's gonna overshadow Luigi's mansion 3 at this rate

Return to “The Arcade”