Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8900 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was given a power.

Do I really have one or not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8901 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8895, Frozen Angel wrote:This would look extremly bad for titus. WHy would scum titus and scum drixx hide the fact that titus is giving a scum!drixx power or to not give him such power when she had him on her potential list.
1) Post set of 6 superhero team that can't possibly work
2) Don't give Ank powers
3) Kill Ank
4a) If Ank dies - "I totally gave Ank powers"
4b) If Ank lives - "Yeah sorry I could only give it to 5 so I dropped Ank"
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8902 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8891, Sando wrote:
In post 8890, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 4069, Drixx wrote:Just for the record: Titus did not put me on the team or give me powers or anything. I think a town!Titus would have given me a power choice 99 times out of a 100 given the game state at end of day and the very high likelihood that she gets roped today. Especially with Cerb already dead. I also would have expected a scum!Titus to do so as well and try and convince me she's town and to help her avoid getting roped; however, I can also see scum!Titus trying to play at level 2 and take advantage of that expectation by not throwing me a power.
This is actually a pretty good look for drixx tbh

why would scum titus not give scum drixx power or to give him that secretly which would look bad for her. I can't see drixx and titus being a pair
Sorry what am I missing, why can't Drixx be lying about this?
Ummm ... you're missing why on earth would Titus and I put that in the thread? Like ... if you want to posit us as scum together ... why don't I just "confirm" I was on the team?

Like ... the reasoning for my particular argument that Titus was scum came in 3-4 parts:

1.) The votes as reported weren't an adequate explanation. Town who voted for Titus would have just said so. Scum voting a Scum!Titus in as leader would lie about whom they voted or be among the unusually large group who claimed no vote/forgot.

2.) Titus responded to being made leader in classic scum!Titus fashion.

3.) As leader, there's no world where a town Titus doesn't include me in the team. It's not even relevant how she reads me. Either she would have a town read on me and want to work together or she would suspect me and want to lull me into complacency.

4.) Despite me actually making a small case against her, Titus tried to claim I was scum reading her because she left me off the team.
4a.) It was just icing on the cake really, but Titus trying to screw with the Cerb confirmation question and have it be info she was party to was just scummy.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8903 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8900, Nero Cain wrote:I was given a power.

Someone literally reported watching me use the power. That kind of means you don't just have to take my word for it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8904 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8898, Sando wrote:
In post 8893, Nero Cain wrote:Didn't he get some BP power though?
He got powers N1 and I think he said he chose medium instead of BP.
I was most definitely not on the team night one either. Did I wander into a parallel dimension or something?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8905 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8904, Drixx wrote:
In post 8898, Sando wrote:
In post 8893, Nero Cain wrote:Didn't he get some BP power though?
He got powers N1 and I think he said he chose medium instead of BP.
I was most definitely not on the team night one either. Did I wander into a parallel dimension or something?
I thought Nero was talking about Cerb.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8906 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8901, Sando wrote:
In post 8895, Frozen Angel wrote:This would look extremly bad for titus. WHy would scum titus and scum drixx hide the fact that titus is giving a scum!drixx power or to not give him such power when she had him on her potential list.
2) Don't give Ank powers
3) Kill Ank
yeah that is actually a point. maybe she put drixx as her backup claim for giving power in case ank survived so she had a leave away

still I can't see why scum titus would lie about giving scum drixx a power that night when it would make her look bad.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8907 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8900, Nero Cain wrote:I was given a power.

unless if you were the one that titus gave power to secretly instead of ank, or if the power you're saying is factional you don't have it.

we also have power mimic that can check ability use

if drixx was secretly with power instead of ank he would get power negation and he wouldn't use the bp the night torgana checked him

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8908 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Specially since the person who died could use bp.

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8909 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8906, Frozen Angel wrote:still I can't see why scum titus would lie about giving scum drixx a power that night when it would make her look bad.
You mean why pick Drixx for this rather than a different partner?

Says it's less likely, but also says if so then Drixx was the only option they thought was believable for Titus to pick.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8910 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8909, Sando wrote:
In post 8906, Frozen Angel wrote:still I can't see why scum titus would lie about giving scum drixx a power that night when it would make her look bad.
You mean why pick Drixx for this rather than a different partner?

Says it's less likely, but also says if so then Drixx was the only option they thought was believable for Titus to pick.
no

titus claimed a tr on drixx the day before and had him in his list. why would scum titus lie about not giving it to drixx when lieing about that was not beneficial for her and would actually make her look worse

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8911 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but how can we tell if Titus/Drixx are lying?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8912 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8911, Nero Cain wrote:but how can we tell if Titus/Drixx are lying?
Occam's Razor might help.

I'm off to sleep. 4:30am.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8913 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8911, Nero Cain wrote:but how can we tell if Titus/Drixx are lying?
Since tirgana said drixx used bp last night. if they were lieing then drixx was the scum with power negation and the one who negated shiro - probably.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8914 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

plus as I just said why would titus lie about that when the lie would make her look worse

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8915 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8910, Frozen Angel wrote:titus claimed a tr on drixx the day before and had him in his list. why would scum titus lie about not giving it to drixx when lieing about that was not beneficial for her and would actually make her look worse
How is it not beneficial?

Ank died N2, if Titus had admitted to not giving leadercandidate-Ank powers then I think she'd have been insta-lynched.
If Ank had not died N2 then Titus would have to be honest about not giving Ank powers, so she needed a plausible person to say she gave it to, hence the 6 person list.

You could always give it to Ank+Drixx but that reduces your chances of killing Ank, they could be pretty damn sure Ank picked Medium, but not sure Ank wouldn't pick BP N2 and use it then.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8916 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8915, Sando wrote:
In post 8910, Frozen Angel wrote:titus claimed a tr on drixx the day before and had him in his list. why would scum titus lie about not giving it to drixx when lieing about that was not beneficial for her and would actually make her look worse
How is it not beneficial?

Ank died N2, if Titus had admitted to not giving leadercandidate-Ank powers then I think she'd have been insta-lynched.
If Ank had not died N2 then Titus would have to be honest about not giving Ank powers, so she needed a plausible person to say she gave it to, hence the 6 person list.

You could always give it to Ank+Drixx but that reduces your chances of killing Ank, they could be pretty damn sure Ank picked Medium, but not sure Ank wouldn't pick BP N2 and use it then.
Oh actually you're saying drixx was her back up claim in case ank lived?!

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8917 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

That isd actually a very good theory

let me think on this a little bit

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8918 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8916, Frozen Angel wrote:Oh actually you're saying drixx was her back up claim in case ank lived?!
Yeah, if Ank lives she needs to explain why Ank didn't get powers. Not giving to a leader candidate is bad, but no deaths, no harm no foul right?

I should probably stop saying "now you give X to Y" given you've been leader twice and could reasonably interpret it as actually directed to you :P
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #8919 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 8918, Sando wrote:I should probably stop saying "now you give X to Y" given you've been leader twice and could reasonably interpret it as actually directed to you
what do u mean?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8920 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Can I haz powerz?

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8921 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8919, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 8918, Sando wrote:I should probably stop saying "now you give X to Y" given you've been leader twice and could reasonably interpret it as actually directed to you
what do u mean?
In post 8901, Sando wrote:
2) Don't give Ank powers
3) Kill Ank
I'm sure there's other examples, but I should stop talking about it in the first person perspective, it's causing confusion about what I'm saying sometimes. Nothing about content, just how I'm structuring my arguments and hypotheticals.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8922 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Butchering quotes since I thought this might be easier to read.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:
This is horrible logic Nero
. The very first person Cerb would suspect when he dies is me. I think
I flat out said that a scum me would kill Cerb out of the game pretty much all the time
So basically, you're saying not to suspect you but that you'd still make the kill? The rest of that is just a jumple of nothing important so I'm skipping it.

In post 8390, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This went on for way too much. As someone who is friend to both of you:
I kinda didn't like this that much. Like I could see him try to diffuse this fight between FA and Titus. He also kinda fencesits on her.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:1.) You really should go look at Space Dandy 2 if you want to understand why I would try and calm shit down when Titus is being wound up. That shit was unpleasant. None of us are playing this hobby to add stress to our life. I'm quite aware that many scum use that kind of thing as a technique but if you go looking I think you're going to find I have a pretty solid ethical line when it comes to abusing "personal" or "real life" things for gain when I'm scum. I find it pretty distasteful and have not at all enjoyed when stuff that wasn't really part of the game (or shouldn't have been) was used by scum against me. I try not to do it. You can take my word for that or go do some research.
"Scum do use this tactic but not me. Scouts honor!"
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post makes it look like you don't actually want to be playing forum mafia. Like ... if you think content coming from a certain slot is worthless to you, then just scroll right on by. No need for this crap.
This ends up making me wonder if you're just making posts like this for LAMIST or something
I didn't really like how he scolds at ZZ here. It doesn't really feel like scumhunting. I also feel like the bolded is ridiculously dumb and buzzword heat and not a town thought process.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:2.) I'm not generally a buzzwords player. It's also amusing and perhaps a bit ironic to see you refer to LAMIST as a buzzword coming from me. As far as I'm aware, nobody knew what that meant the first half dozen times I used it when I first migrated to this site. Is it a "buzzword" if it came to the site from me?
LAMIST has been a buzzword for like ever man. I kinda feel like you're replying but not really
REPLYING
. Like what do the origins of LAMIST have to do with anything much less me criticizing you for your fake sounding scum read on Muffin. I mean how in the world was an attempt at trying to look town? It feels like you were setting up for the Muffin push instead of trying to find actual earnest reasons that Muffin could have rolled a red pm.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:That would be a really good way to get me (and probably others) to decide you need to eat rope. You cannot wind someone up and keep pushing them and then invoke policy lynch on them because they took your bait. It's dirty play.
This is what made me really suspicious, he's threatening ZZ with a lynch for pushing a Titus lynch.

In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post feels like so much hedging from someone who is informed. Gut doesn't like.
fusses @ Tor for fussing @ Titus.

Just a note but he
kinda
ignores both of these. #7 is maybe a reply to these?
In post 2141, Drixx wrote:
In post 2139, zMuffinMan wrote:who did you vote for leader drixx?
The sad part is that you probably think you have some kind of "gotcha!" here. Whom I voted for is self-evident. You shouldn't have to ask because you should already know.
b/c he voted for Titus?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:3.) It's asinine to suggest I voted for Titus. Everyone else instantly understood that I was saying "of course I voted for Cerb again".
ok sure but there's no way to prove that right? And why not just say that?

In post 1832, Drixx wrote:I guess I need to go diving on Titus now. I could see her doing this as scum and turning the WiFoM to her favor. I could also see several players in this list who would know putting Titus as leader right now would introduce a ton of confusion.
And it has
more fence sit.

Could someone explain th bold, how did electing Titus as leader cause confusion? Is this scumDrixx that knows scum is the leader and it will cause confusion.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:4.) Titus being elected was an unexpected result. It did actually cause confusion. It's precisely the kind of move Titus makes as scum. She put in a huge effort to make it seem like she had been set up.
Was Titus heavily scum read on d1, I take it yes?

In post 2146, Drixx wrote:But seriously ... Cerb being night killed early is literally always a reason to suspect me.
Does scumDrixx WIFOM a kill like this?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:
It's not even WiFoM.
It's just the obvious truth. Like anyone alive in game who knows Cerb and I will tell you that I absolutely would kill him as scum. Pretty sure he would kill me also (although he may be cocky enough to try and mislynch me instead or try and sell me a half truth like when he was in a rare hydra with someone else and pulled out a 3P solo win by telling most of a truth). I would say that as any alignment so it's NAI.
b/c you killed him?
In post 3090, Drixx wrote:Sando you got voted because you were literally intentionally winding Titus up to no possible town purpose.
voting someone for attacking Titus. Anyone notice a pattern yet?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:6.) Again: ask anyone who plays with me regularly how I feel about abuse in forum mafia and how I respond when I see it. Or go look at games which had toxicity. Whether it is aimed at me or involves me or not I will basically ALWAYS stand up and say something about it. Drixx don't play that shit. Attack the play, not the player. -- So much so that I am blacklisted from playing games one of my favorite mods runs because I absolutely wouldn't let some jackhole get away with just abushing the shit out of everyone in the game (said game actually ended up abandoned by said mod because of how toxic it got).
He was scumhunting. This was nothing more than a chainsaw. Don't lie.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:7.) I never went after anyone for scumreading Titus.
Read my ISO and you'll see me just point out that Titus was essentially logically lockscum when the vote claims for day 2 came out in such a way that scum obviously lied. Townies would have been honest about voting her so the fact that we didn't end up with a clear understanding of who elected her and why was pretty much rock solid reason to have her pretty heavily scum read. Her reaction to the situation was like 99% confirmation she was scum. Scum!Titus tries to handwave things away. Look at SU when Cerb and I caught her slip and she tried to say she was speaking with certainty about a VARSOON mechanic because she had seen the precise role before. Like ... lol. She tried to pull the same kind of thing here. She was "being framed".
I did the strike to show how much you dedicate to trying to sell me on already flipped scum and how little you dedicate to responding-wich is nothing but a boldfaced lie. To begin with, it doesn't matter if Titus was confirmed scum on d2 b/c you are still attacking Titus' attackers.

Muffin wants to pl Titus? Don't do that b/c "That would be a really good way to get me (and probably others) to decide you need to eat rope.", he says. In hindsight, this is really gross. If Titus was "lockscum" why would you be mad at him for wanting to lynch scum?

Sando is scumhunting Titus, "literally intentionally winding Titus up to no possible town purpose."

Tor is scumhunting Titus, accuse him of being scum.

Like, all these quotes are above and its not something I'm making up. Now, something I should have done (that I'll do later) is see if you do all this before you start calling Titus scum b/c you fencesat on her first and from my POV its not an impossible scumplay for you to fence sit and then when public opinion changes you bus her.
In post 8390, Nero Cain wrote: -ignore this guy, he can't read me

-is this true?

-Nero is lying/being selective

-look at all this evidence that proves this isn't exactly true.

-haha, I was just joking. Don't be so serious.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:8.) I'm pretty sure the most natural reading of my first post quoting you is that it's a joke. At most you could maybe misread it as a reaction test. When I'm actually suggesting someone is scum I tend to do it in something more significant than a one liner of snark.

And ... OF COURSE I argued the point with you when you responded. That's what I do. Like ... that doesn't have any bearing on the fact that I was just being snarky with you. I mean ... you even say that's the "meat" of your read. If that's your meat ... don't rely on it to get you through the winter friend.
Do you feel like there's a disconnect between you being snarky and agnostic while also telling everyone to be polite and civil? You need to practice what you preach, brother.

Its more like the potatoes of my case, the meat is that you threatened to lynch Muffin for wanting to lynch Titus. I assume you'll say "but it was a PL, he was being MEAN!" but that matters not. I guess the salt and pepper would be that you also attacked Tor and Sando. And I guess the sauce would be Hana telling me she liked my case?

(God, I want a steak so bad right now.)

I feel like the way that I see it is a perfectly acceptable version and no one has said otherwise (I think) but it prob doesn't matter that much.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #8923 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8660, stungun0404 wrote:it lowkey bothers me that you will not reexplain things and expect people to take their time to dig through a 300+ post iso to find your explanation when you could simply state it again yourself, or refer to the post yourself.
Well it highkey bothers me that people consistently ask the same damn questions I've already answered
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #8924 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I tried to read what was posted since last time but it's all mechanics being worked out and I don't wanna have to read 10 pages of that
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”