Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by the worst »

feeling like the new president was a good choice. keeping up with foreign affairs can be tough tho. hope he doesn't live under an himself
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Congrats town!

Looks like I’ll be staying here a bit longer :)

Thanks Brass, a very engaging setup.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 am

Post by Gustavo »

GG.

Town stop lying

That’s it.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Gustavo »

Oh and thanks mod. Although I was surprised you didn’t mention the campaign against Adams and Jefferson. Very controversial mudslinging
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:42 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Yes! That feels good. Well played everyone. I was expecting Errant to shoot Keyser. I get the WIFOM value of killing Irrelephant but I think it would have been a closer game if Irrelephant was alive because it would have taken more work to convince him. Once Nauci outed clears on Keyser and Irrelephant, I knew that as long as me and skitter trusted each other, we could lynch everybody else and still win. So, while I was trying to end the game earlier, the priority was always to make sure that everybody understood that we were both town so that even in the worst case scenario where we mislynch two other townies, it would still be impossible to lose. I can't really regret lynching N_M at that point but I think Gustavo lynch could have been avoided.

Skitter played really well even by her standards, launching wagons on two scum on D2 and Keyser having EP as scum towards the end was refreshing. I thought Shoshin played really well being town and advancing the game. I'm also very impressed with Errant's claim and reactions during the "neighborhood" thing. I didn't get a chance to say this in game but I hope you feel better irl. Was also fun seeing Rask again. I just felt way more comfortable putting you down as a solid townread here. I think it's hilarious that you were so paranoid of me when the exact opposite happened to you before.

I'm probably taking a short break from mafia. Despite this game being fun, I just spent so many hours of effort on this that I'm not sure I can do again. But I'm glad it paid off in the end, Thanks for modding, brassherald!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Blackvoid you were great! Your arguments were especially coherent when arguing your own towniness over Gustavo and EP. I was completely convinced by the time we lynched Gustavo. I said in the dead thread that I only stated I suspected you to survive the night and tunnel EP. Glad it worked out with Keyser living, though!

Great game all! It feels like ages ago that math was entertaining us all with his rapping and we collectively misread Gamma (only one scum on that wagon??? wow). Night play was fantastic on town's part, made it very hard for scum to win with their admittedly impressive dayplay, especially from errant!!! So fun. This one will be one to remember :]
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 am

Post by Gustavo »

I need to seriously readjust what I find scummy but idk how
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 am

Post by stungun0404 »

great job town @winning this! i followed this game fairly closely from the mod’s thread after replacing-out :P

a couple things for future reference
questions coming for all :P[/quote]
In post 281, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 205, Irrelephant11 wrote:@stungun I like Shoshin, you, Bernie, Mom, and Mathdino for town so far, in that order. None of them are particularly strong because few players have said a ton. I was voting you for pressure because it seemed to rattle you, but the rattling had a towniness as it went on.

I feel like conventional wisdom says Keyser is playing in a towny way, but none of the things he’s saying actually feel genuine? To put it another way, his play fits in a town box, but almost seems too perfectly shaped for it. I’m not saying he’s scummy yet, just that I haven’t seen enough to sort.

Pedit: math what are you saying about me there?
4 of those reads are fair, but what about momrangal’s 5 posts suggests town to you?

same with shoshin, what about momrangal rings you as town?
1). i’d never as scum question a townread on my partner. if i do it as town on a scumplayer, it’s for a defined reason. thus, it is safe to assume only town me would do that on a scumplayer, keyser was right about that.

2). i don’t usually bus hard as scum, that was a mistaken assumption and not one you want to promote; there were rare circumstances to that newbie game that made it necessary if i wanted to achieve my wincon.

In post 426, stungun0404 wrote:i’m starting to like skitter more

hot take: scum is among bernie, nsg, nauci, momrangal, and the worst

will vote momrangal or nauci if no one is willing to pressure nsg with me.

could see nauci-bernie sanders association both in this game and irl (i mean, hilary and bernie, hey!) possible scum team in this game? lots of fluff content referring to one another, so add that to the association booth.

bernie sanders, you seem to have dodged my question too, which considering you’re very highly active with a lot of fluff content, I can’t see much of a town motive. care to look back?
3). next time i want to pressure nsg, please someone pressure nsg with me! :D

yay @ hot taking all 3 scum on d1, lol.

i think blackvoid played wonderfully overall. keyser was harder to mislead imo than irrelephant would have been ep, so i am curious about why ep chose to kill irrelephant over keyser. reverse psychology? :giggle:

ep, your AtE’s were on fire though! :)
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 4031, Gustavo wrote:I need to seriously readjust what I find scummy but idk how
i think you could improve your play by looking for what looks like town first

poe can be very effective, and stop you from tunneling on town. if you’d just followed my townreads, you would have been making more hay, even though you did not seem to want to

keyser and shoshin were both voted by you and my super confident townreads

i had a townlean on mathdino too if you looked back, a town indication on nauci, and a slight townlean on gamma emerald

so thus i do advise looking more for town hints and not scum hints, because then you’ll just get mired in finding scummy things from the players that post the most, and that’s a dangerous arena because the players that post the most are not necessarily the scummiest. lurkier players have a higher tendency of flipping scum from my experience, including this game where ep and momrangal were a bit lurkier overall, but not so much tw.

you really won’t find a ton of “gotcha” moments looking for scum solely and not town, but that’s just my advice. by poe’ing, you can focus more on the content of the players not in your PoE town pool, and notice if sth from them feels off.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

To the people who haven't read the dead thread yet: sorry about this game, I sorta just gave up on trying to shift the wagon away from me after a point since so many people suspected me I knew it was a matter of when
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

Great game! I had a lot of fun playing with all of you! So glad town pulled this out, I was having a heart attack at certain points lol
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4029, BlackVoid wrote:Yes! That feels good. Well played everyone. I was expecting Errant to shoot Keyser. I get the WIFOM value of killing Irrelephant but I think it would have been a closer game if Irrelephant was alive because it would have taken more work to convince him. Once Nauci outed clears on Keyser and Irrelephant, I knew that as long as me and skitter trusted each other, we could lynch everybody else and still win. So, while I was trying to end the game earlier, the priority was always to make sure that everybody understood that we were both town so that even in the worst case scenario where we mislynch two other townies, it would still be impossible to lose. I can't really regret lynching N_M at that point but I think Gustavo lynch could have been avoided.

Skitter played really well even by her standards, launching wagons on two scum on D2 and Keyser having EP as scum towards the end was refreshing. I thought Shoshin played really well being town and advancing the game. I'm also very impressed with Errant's claim and reactions during the "neighborhood" thing. I didn't get a chance to say this in game but I hope you feel better irl. Was also fun seeing Rask again. I just felt way more comfortable putting you down as a solid townread here. I think it's hilarious that you were so paranoid of me when the exact opposite happened to you before.

I'm probably taking a short break from mafia. Despite this game being fun, I just spent so many hours of effort on this that I'm not sure I can do again. But I'm glad it paid off in the end, Thanks for modding, brassherald!
So glad you pulled this out! I really enjoyed playing with you, you were awesome, and btw, you were one of my strongest townreads after that catch-up and throughout the whole game. I thought it was funny how everyone was paranoid about you but when I looked at your scum game briefly it was like night/day lol... I could tell you put a lot of time into this so I totally understand the burnout feel (I kinda felt that way during the game myself, though it was related to another game at the time) but I hope you keep playing and we have another chance to play again!

It's nice to hear you think I played well but I think I could have been a lot better. I shouldn't have mislynched Gamma and I was totally off on Key. I'd say other than that I was okay, my last reads on D2 were pretty close. If you had put our reads together we basically had it - replace my scumread on Key with your read, and replace your scumread on Irrelephant with my read, and it was there.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nauci was talking about modding a reuinion game in the dead thread. I hope that happens. Other than one player I didn't enjoy much, this was the most fun playerlist I think I've played with so far. Also, at Key, sorry I suspected you, I suck.

@Errant - you're a god at scum, don't know how you pulled this off for as long as you did but it was amazing and you deserve massive props for how far you got.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 am

Post by stungun0404 »

i was thinking errant would be deserving of a scummy if he happened to win this game

your fakeclaim was golden
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

It was a very good playerlist! [even the scum were fun (TheWorst)]

I would definitely play with you guys and girls again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 4033, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 4031, Gustavo wrote:I need to seriously readjust what I find scummy but idk how
i think you could improve your play by looking for what looks like town first

poe can be very effective, and stop you from tunneling on town. if you’d just followed my townreads, you would have been making more hay, even though you did not seem to want to

keyser and shoshin were both voted by you and my super confident townreads

i had a townlean on mathdino too if you looked back, a town indication on nauci, and a slight townlean on gamma emerald

so thus i do advise looking more for town hints and not scum hints, because then you’ll just get mired in finding scummy things from the players that post the most, and that’s a dangerous arena because the players that post the most are not necessarily the scummiest. lurkier players have a higher tendency of flipping scum from my experience, including this game where ep and momrangal were a bit lurkier overall, but not so much tw.

you really won’t find a ton of “gotcha” moments looking for scum solely and not town, but that’s just my advice. by poe’ing, you can focus more on the content of the players not in your PoE town pool, and notice if sth from them feels off.
I just don’t see people doing what I see as town behavior and I’ve never really been a big fan of sheeping other people. I’ll try and work on that.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yay!

This game was really fun!

Tw and ep, you guys did a really good job with the guilty thing - from a townie perspective, that was incredibly confusing and made ep look very very town. When did you guys even come up with that?

Like ep, the way you interacted with tw there felt super organic and townie as fuck

Also, nauci, your choice of night targets was awesome - if irrelephant and keyser werent clear, i absolutely would have voted either over ep either day5 or day6

Brass, thanks for modding; again, youre like my favorite mod :)

Bv idk why it took so long to townread you - it finally, finally clicked a couple of days ago irl
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4037, Shoshin wrote:Nauci was talking about modding a reuinion game in the dead thread. I hope that happens. Other than one player I didn't enjoy much, this was the most fun playerlist I think I've played with so far. Also, at Key, sorry I suspected you, I suck.

@Errant - you're a god at scum, don't know how you pulled this off for as long as you did but it was amazing and you deserve massive props for how far you got.
That would be fun! This playerlist was awesome and i really enjoyed playing with you guys

And seconded @ep
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

This was prob one of my favorite games on site so again, thanks everyone!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 4041, skitter30 wrote:if irrelephant and keyser werent clear, i absolutely would have voted either over ep either day5 or day6
lol I'm apparently much better at "townplay" as scum :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

Also ep i hope ur fonal went well!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

*final
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Errantparabola »

skitter30 wrote:Also ep i hope ur fonal went well!
EHhhhhhhhhhh............

Great game and town deserved to win 100%, I felt it was a lost cause as soon as Nauci cleared the two most lynchable people in the game.
Great modding, very smooth and well done on brass's part.

Nauci/Shoshin/Irrelephant/Skitter (and really, everyone in the playerlist) played a very very analytical and cohesive game. I'd love to see any of you four around more often and I think that even compared to, say, 2017 or 2016, the ideas of what is scummy, how to play, how to scumhunt, etc. have all shifted in noticeable ways and the site meta has evolved quite interestingly, I think that's really exciting and all of you were just wonderful. Especially Rask and Shoshin in the early game I felt were incredibly perceptive, skilled at finding the town, and actively and strongly engaged, and I intend on nominating Shoshin for a Rising Star scummy for her play here as I think it is decently deserved.

Everyone in LYLO did a great job of seeing through my admittedly extremely shameless AtE there, although I will admit that most of it was genuine, and a decent part of it was accurate to my town meta. And BlackVoid played excellently in the endgame, much better than I did, haha. It's a damn shame that I ended up having to 1v1 him, post-neighborhood claim I was hoping to try and get everyone to see how obviously town he was so that he would be justified as a nightkill.

worst and Mom, thanks for being a supportive and fun scumteam!
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Errantparabola »

And yes, for the record: if there is any reunion game I'd ever play in, it would be for this playerlist.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4047, Errantparabola wrote:I think that even compared to, say, 2017 or 2016, the ideas of what is scummy, how to play, how to scumhunt, etc. have all shifted in noticeable ways and the site meta has evolved quite interestingly, I think that's really exciting
Id be interested to hear more about this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”