Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 571, Eragon wrote:Thank you Tor

Honestly I feel bad about lynching ou rn because i am pretty confident that you are town
Ima look stupid if you flip scum, but right now I would actually prefer someone else
it's just mafiascum. every other game I sub in late (cause I'm a masochist like that), I get to read these horribly poor early lynches as the wagoned player gets to be the towniest slot in the game by far but no one wants to do anything. IDK why that happens so often but there's definitely this element of not wanting to look stupid that may influence some players to not express what they genuinely think.

I'm never afraid of looking stupid and I don't think that's a good mentality to have when you're playing town. being honest and following your gut are your greatest tools. you'll sometimes be wrong, you'll sometimes be right, but you should never look back at a game and realise you lost it because you were insecure about your reads. it's and advice I got from a great player and I like passing it along.

anyway I'm rambling.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 573, Egg wrote:The VT claim looked town to me.
o

what's scummy about me then?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 574, Poseidon wrote:
In post 568, Toranaga wrote:I got caught up in something but still around

wh4t: WRT poseidon's posting near hammer, it looks genuine. his posting otherwise has been pretty poor, he only showed up to defend himself and promised reads he never made. he is probably never town PR if he is town cause he just invited the lynch without claiming or softing anything as well. if you're legitimately townreading poseidon for that, you're disregarding two weeks of mafia playing to townread fakeable emotions someone is having near lynch. his activity is the most telling thing about his slot and it's wolfy. poseidon is definitely around lurking because he conveniently shows up when he is a wagon, and then he disappears again when heat gets off him. there's no interest in solving the game. he is voting your slot since inferno was playing and never reevaluated on it, which is pretty telling.
I mean, I’m phoneposting unless it’s after 9pm (pacific time) and it’s a hassle to post from phone as we all know. But yeah totally call it convenient showing up. I’ve only been wagoned once now? Haven’t “disappeared” once the heat is off.

And now wh4t is just aiming at you for sake of ending d1 with no solid backing? If wh4t wasn’t scum, then why the hurry to get on a wagon? I realize I just complained about nothing happening; sue me. I’m not changing up my votes just to end the day.
you disappeared right before wh4t and a50 shifted from you and just posted again now that I cased you. so you're definitely around and you're reading but only posting to defend yourself.

also you promised to read the game and post your thoughts yes? are you going to do that?
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Poseidon »

So by working/sleeping BEFORE heat is off me, I’m being convenient. And I’m simply replying to the topic relevant to me. Got an Itchy trigger finger?

Excuse me if I have some tunnel vision towards Wh@t since I’m really not convinced of any townie-ness. I’m heading to work early right now so I’ll have about 2.5 hours to review all the craziness. I gave reads a while ago but obviously could stand to refresh. If you don’t hear from me by 9 pm (Pacific) then by all means lynch me
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I have to leave in an hour but I'll try to stick around before that
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Toranaga »

wh4t you still around?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I've just ISO'd bujaber again and I'm not as confidently townreading him as I was before.

I agree with his thoughts on inferno and burger. I really like how confidently and concisely he towncases both slots. but when he towncased inferno, he really never acted on it and only explained why he thought inferno was town because someone asked him. he then argued for inferno to claim, said his appeal to emotion was wolfy, and shaded eragon for townreading it. wrt gameburger, I wonder just how towny a guy like that would look to a wolf. it's such an easy read to make.

rest of the posting isn't very good. he is scumreading me because I'm "better at looking town as town" and because my play "doesn't make sense" if I'm townreading inferno, which is kind of annoying because I explained my thoughts on inferno/wh4t and I'm sure they're understandable stances. I'd expect him to interact more with my slot if at all, especially after the last game we had.

I don't like him being paranoid of eragon for thinking poseidon's AtE was towny, because not only it was clearly towny but even if it wasn't, it's undertandable to townread such things no? AtE subbing out on d1 is such a cliche towny thing to do. I expect bujaber to realise this beforehand.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Toranaga »

wh4t and eragon are always town
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I have to get going now cya folks
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Poseidon »

A50 & Wh4t

Spoiler:
So I'm not too fond of the wagon pairing done by Wh4t and A50. Mostly because 50 is just piggybacking with no real substance. Take a look at and see that there's plenty of talk but nothing of me. Could be to apply pressure?

But then we hop on over to and which clearly show distaste for jumping around, followed by a jump onto Wh4t's wagon against Tor. Not saying let's light up the torches...but let's call a spade a spade :igmeou:

A50 & Wh4t = scumread/bad VT

Tor

Spoiler:

THIS hits as a scumslip, given my read on Wh4t's slot. I don't know the meta of anyone but someone stated that Tor has a scummy tendency? Either way, I don't like it. And Tor has clearly read my ISO multiple times and didn't decide to hop on against me until 7-8 pages later. Giving no personal reason other than
"I just ISO'd poseidon and have no idea what possessed me to townread it"
(). So I'm kind of confused as to how my inactivity at the start of all this suddenly turned into scumlurking. I actually tend to reply to what is relevant to my case (aka Tor and Wh4t giving me the interrogation) and then when I have a good amount of time, I can look at ISO's and full pages of content.

Tor = Sus

Bujaber

Spoiler:
Not a lot of hunting going on, mostly just posting reads and fluff from what I can see. Most substance came from and . Not a scummy vibe, very VT i think, almost nonchalant.

GameNBurger

Spoiler:
Good depth up through , then it's just fluff. I don't blame though because this day has been dragging on and the reads from and seem to actually have reasoning that wouldn't waver too much. Likely town.

Eragon

Spoiler:
Either very pro-town great at hunting, or very very sneaky scum. I'm gonna have to give BOTD on this one and say obvtown. Tons of depth in replies and reasons. Most votes cast seem to be pressure votes, as they are usually unvoted before a hammer is thrown.

Fromage has done damn near nothing so far. Needs to catch up I feel?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 534, Poseidon wrote:I got nothing here. You all are clearly missing your target and it's not like I have any ground of evidence since this is behavioral based and we're still in D1. Just because Wh4t is good at passing off as a townread doesn't excuse Inferno's actions prior. It's still the same slot.
this is pretty genuine

pedit: hi poseidon
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I like your thoughts

you're wrong on wh4t

287 is... IDK what to say. wh4t is my best friend in this site and someone I love playing with. I know she subbed in for reasons, it's not cause I was reading this thread or anything.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Toranaga »

you're probably a shitty lynch

oh well

I need to leave
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 586, Toranaga wrote:I like your thoughts

you're wrong on wh4t

287 is... IDK what to say. wh4t is my best friend in this site and someone I love playing with. I know she subbed in for reasons, it's not cause I was reading this thread or anything.
When you get the chance, I'd like to have some reasoning thrown my way as to why she should be a townread
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Toranaga »

VOTE: fromage

maybe?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 588, Poseidon wrote:
In post 586, Toranaga wrote:I like your thoughts

you're wrong on wh4t

When you get the chance, I'd like to have some reasoning thrown my way as to why she should be a townread
wh4t is never scum and should never be re-evaluated. there's so much stuff clearing her. I think you should re-read inferno as well, and the way people started to pile on him d1, cause I'm pretty sure there's at least one if not both wolves there. the more inferno spoke about his VT read on bujaber, the more I realised it was actually a pretty strong towntell that he was doing it. read bujaber's case on why inferno's VT read makes him town. it's very strong and made me appreciate bujaber's posting in this game a whole lot. wh4t's emotions all feel genuine and she did two things wrt me this gameday that I hope are outside her scum range: unvoting me when A50 was ready to hammer me, and clear me because I called her play bad. second reason looks thin but there are levels of towny thinking/self awareness/evaluating my play that's hopefully not something wh4t can even think about saying as a wolf.
quoting myself from last page
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I have no read on fromage to make that vote there but poseidon just doesn't feel like a wolf so yeah

I can't read anything to know any better so ok

bye
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Poseidon »

^ Not a fan of inactivity votes but I get it. It definitely feels like this is just a big wagon circle. And if it will get the game moving along then MAYBE. I just don't see any reasoning to lynch (or to not lynch)

p-edit:
I won't count the first point (never scum), but I can get behind the actions presented. And since there's no pressure wagon happening
UNVOTE:
Doesn't change my read much tho. Especially A50
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Poseidon »

OH! In regards to Egg (forgot to ISO)

Liking the detail, doesn't really pick sides, kinda tells me VT. I'd like to know the read on me though from
Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Wh4t »

UNVOTE:

Maybe we should just flashwagon Fromage since he's the one actively avoiding being caught up. I wouldn't mind piling on BuJaber to see what happens either. I think Poseidon is just tonedeaf at this point.
Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Wh4t »

Poseidon, as scum why would I not lynch Toranaga? Why would I ask for you to be put to L-1, intentionally not ask for a claim and assess your reaction before jumping off? My play makes zero sense as scum.
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Poseidon »

For Tor, he could be your partner. Fair point on my wagon. I'm a bit jaded, if you wanna call it that, from Inferno's behavior. So you could be playing it off, but obvi I don't know for certain.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Eragon »

I honesty have no clue where my vote is at rn, but

VOTE: Fromage

I’m good with a wagon here.

I think Tor almost always flips town.

I’ve played with manatee a lot, and while they can play well while active, they can hard slack to.
I still didn’t/don’t like their few posts and 180 on inferno, but I’ve misread manatee multiple times before.
Also, while this was going on, there was another fame we were in on homesite and even then he was barely active as town.

So I’m willing to ignore a little bit of scum tone-read and give Tor a townlean
Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Wh4t »

VOTE: Fromage
Poseidon
Poseidon