Warning about Zetaboards

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Proboards also offers group PM chains.
I don't know how that might change the meta, but I assume it would to some degree.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I'm currently trying to understand the ACP on tapatalk (because I made a zetaboards for logical journey, and who knows it could still run), it is very confusing.

The only good thing I think I've discovered about it is if you set everyone into the global moderator group, and then disable all of the moderation powers of it, if I'm reading other stuff correctly, ads will be disabled. (as they apparently do that for all admin and mods even on the free version)
Need to actually check the masks properly and then turn adblock off in my browser and go through with a test account to test.
And they have a feature where I can test the permissions of a user.
While those features might be nice, the not being able to customise the CSS is still a huge turn off. The options for what is available as the alternative are just ugly. (not as ugly as the zetaboards default skin was though)
Javascript customisation appears to require review by them or something.
There was also a chatbox taking up a third of the page which made me have to make a tapatalk groups account to remove. (also needed one of those to test the other options)

Even with a grandfathered board, I'm probably going to look elsewhere to host the game. (should it ever actually happen)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I feel like this was still a valid announcement

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”