Open 735: Watchmen Wanted - Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Reundo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:32 am

In post 48, Keyser Söze wrote:I forgot we’re in an Open game obviously.

I should have given a different example.

I don’t wanna discuss whether my early question was alignment indicative anymore though, why are you getting so excited over it? Do you have any charged feelings over anything else?


How is it obvious that you forgot we were in an Open game? That doesn't even make sense given your talk about hypo-claiming. Also, that wouldn't have really mattered that much since announcing whether a game does/doesn't have have day talk is pretty common regardless of the setup. I don't know how you're getting the impression that I'm getting "excited" over it, and sorry to disappoint but I don't really have any "charged feelings" about anything else. Sesq's post wasn't really thrilling scum-hunting but I don't think it was that bad, GameNBurger's theory talk was pretty null, northsidegal calling out GameNBurger for not wanting to be town-read for the wrong reasons pinged me at first, but when she elaborated on it I could kind of see where she was coming from. However, you wanting to drive discussion away from you plus you being weirdly defensive about the whole thing rubs me off the wrong way.

VOTE: Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:56 am

Your entrance was hideous. Your second post lazy too.

It made me uncomfortable for the following reasons:

- choosing to chip in with an irrelevant snippet over a non-issue (does it even matter? Is cesq town for saying this, is my reaction scummy/irrational?) what was the goal of your post... to say I am a liar? to say I am scum?
- failure to see how I think arguing over non-alignment/irrelevant items are a waste of time... but still wanting to start it all back up again...
- presuming "defensive"/""driving discussion away" is scum alignment indicative (my action was pro-town). Discussing whether I think I could gain town cred for post #13 is laughable and inane.
- me forgetting that this is an open set-up RE: scum day chat is a talking issue...?
- "I don't think it would be too unreasonable for someone to town-read you for trying to strike up conversation" is this you disagreeing with me or you saying I am scum, or both?


Now tell me why town-me can't think your entrance can be hideous and lazy (you called me "weirdly defensive").

Tell me why town-me can't regret making post #13 in the first place, and that we should move on swiftly.

"sorry to disappoint but I don't really have any "charged feelings" about anything else".. tell me why that shouldn't frustrate/intrigue town-me.


(if you can explain to me scum motivation for all three points I'll be more convinced of your scum read of me. please make your reply more coherent than mine :giggle: )

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:41 am

Thabks for clarifying what hypoclaiming was

Ya’ll can skim thru my last game if you want to see why what I said was a concern

I’m a firm believer in that a strong smart town is what wins games so I try to point out things I think are idiotic

Particularly i haven’t been around in a year so I have to wonder if the site poured itself a bowl of Oops! All Dick Pills and circlejerked itself until it believed A=> Q implies -A=>-Q because boy a LOT of people seemed to equate towniness with activity rather than Addis I ate inactivity with scuminess

Now let me dig into all the serious posts that have come up

Which I’ll be a bit busy today so I won’t be too responsive

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:45 am

In post 23, Dunnstral wrote:We end up at 4 people alive but 1 person is confirmed town (watcher) or there's a cc

So it's not worse


We have a watcher no matter what and a base 1/3 of finding scum is in fact worse than 1/2 bass chance of finding scum

Unless you’re talking about something else I’m not reading because this doesn’t exactly communicate the idea clearly

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:01 pm

GNB your next post must be game-solve-ry :giggle:

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Keyser I will say I’ve preferred to just call out lurkers based on ratios of post and if it’s awful ask they replace or change
I don’t see lurking as a valid town playstyle personally

Keyser if you haven’t played wih sesq before from what I rmember sesq has a laizefair attitude and tone to their posts and keeps to themself or atleast that’s how I rmember his playstyle looking

Although to be fair I played scum with them I think the last time I played with them
I think keyser is being a bit stiff on all the sesq stuff

I’ve addressed Northsidegals points already how I disagree with letting people be shit at passing basketballs just because they’re atleast passing it to people on the correct team but do chime in with more questions North if I’ve missed anything

Irrelephant you aren’t trying to distance yourself from me by addressing my direct question with an indirect tense response right? ;) You don’t have to be afraid, you can adress me and I promise I won’t bite

Uh I got nothing else to say right now that caught my eye

Feel free to ask anything, it helps me since I’m often phoneposting

Pedit: how can I write anything gamesolvery when I don’t think a majority of the players have even posted????

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 pm

In post 55, GameNBurger wrote:Irrelephant you aren’t trying to distance yourself from me by addressing my direct question with an indirect tense response right?


I don't know what this question means

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

In post 56, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 55, GameNBurger wrote:Irrelephant you aren’t trying to distance yourself from me by addressing my direct question with an indirect tense response right?


I don't know what this question means


Irellephant doesn’t understand the question, I’m saying his tense he used was weird and didn’t really like he was addressing my question as to what hypoclaiming was in a way that didn’t sound very weird

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Oh, I get it. Yeah that was just because I was talking more to Keyser than to you - since he was the one who asked about hypoclaiming

@Keyser did you know what hypoclaiming was when you asked?

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:38 pm

In post 58, Irrelephant11 wrote:Oh, I get it. Yeah that was just because I was talking more to Keyser than to you - since he was the one who asked about hypoclaiming

@Keyser did you know what hypoclaiming was when you asked?

I do now and won’t be discussing it anymore :lol:

I simply wanted to know if there was an effective way of playing this setup, but don’t wanna talk about it anymore. It’s filling up the thread needlessly.

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:40 pm

You seem eager to shut down the few things we have to talk about - there's not a lot else AI yet, and it's not like the game is too long or something, so why shut things down so?

Also, my question is potentially AI. So you didn't know what hypoclaiming was when you asked?

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:42 pm

In post 55, GameNBurger wrote:Pedit: how can I write anything gamesolvery when I don’t think a majority of the players have even posted????

My bad, I thought you said you’d be looking at the “serious” posts so far. Must have been the other burger guy :shifty:
:lol:

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Happy Scumday!
Pronoun: She

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:42 pm

In post 52, GameNBurger wrote:Ya’ll can skim thru my last game if you want to see why what I said was a concern

would you mind giving me the short versIon before i take a full look through it?

I’m a firm believer in that a strong smart town is what wins games so I try to point out things I think are idiotic

this still feels pretty hollow as an explanation. again - you pointed it out before anyone even had the chance to say anything. i would understand pointing it out if someone else were being townread for what you think are bad reasons, but i sill can't understand saying it about a townread on yourself.

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:44 pm

In post 60, Irrelephant11 wrote:You seem eager to shut down the few things we have to talk about - there's not a lot else AI yet, and it's not like the game is too long or something, so why shut things down so?

Also, my question is potentially AI. So you didn't know what hypoclaiming was when you asked?

I wanted to discuss it on page one, and page one only. I don’t want D1 to become hypo-claim-gate.

In my eyes nothing I said/asked about it will help me solve the game, so I’m not going to discuss it further.

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 pm

I also don't want to discuss whether or not we should hypoclaim

I do want to know whether or not you knew what it was when you asked about it

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:53 pm

In post 64, Irrelephant11 wrote:I also don't want to discuss whether or not we should hypoclaim

I do want to know whether or not you knew what it was when you asked about it

Comments from two players revealed to me I did not understand the full measure of hypoclaiming in an open setup game. I think I already knew the essence of it though, through previous second hand sources. However, as explained previously (and now the last time), the main motivation of my initial question was to see if there was an effective way of playing this setup (and not thrusting claiming down everybodies throats).

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:00 pm

You seem to think you know why I'm asking this, and suggesting my question is therefore bad. You don't know why I'm asking this, though, clearly, so maybe just let me play how I want to :wink:
I know trying to shut down conversations you find unfruitful is something you do as town, but it can still just be really frustrating and unhelpful to those trying to read you through their own methods

Did you know what it was before this game? yes/no is all I need and then I'll explain and we can all move on

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 pm

In post 58, Irrelephant11 wrote:Oh, I get it. Yeah that was just because I was talking more to Keyser than to you - since he was the one who asked about hypoclaiming

@Keyser did you know what hypoclaiming was when you asked?

I see, thanks for the clarification

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 pm

In post 60, Irrelephant11 wrote:You seem eager to shut down the few things we have to talk about - there's not a lot else AI yet, and it's not like the game is too long or something, so why shut things down so?

I need to correct you there. I am only shutting down myself talking about h########g.

I am not ‘shutting down’ the whole playerlist from talking about it. Neither am I forcefully shutting down everyone from discussing AI items.

I’m actually encouraging it (talking about your t/read of NSG)

Trying to get non-setup talk from GNB.

Ascertaining the strength/sincerity of Reundo’s scum read of me.


Agree of disagree? Otherwise your post is a miss-rep, whether intentional or non-intentional.

GameNBurger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Also I’m going out right now I’ll be back with full answers later

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:04 pm

mm on re-read agree. The fact that you did so with multiple players is what made me feel like you were doing it about more than one subject

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:05 pm

In post 66, Irrelephant11 wrote:You seem to think you know why I'm asking this, and suggesting my question is therefore bad. You don't know why I'm asking this, though, clearly, so maybe just let me play how I want to :wink:
I know trying to shut down conversations you find unfruitful is something you do as town, but it can still just be really frustrating and unhelpful to those trying to read you through their own methods

Did you know what it was before this game? yes/no is all I need and then I'll explain and we can all move on

I can’t remember, but if you have a reason to scum read me why aren’t you sharing it with the playerlist? I am a viable wagon right now...? Early D1 needs wagons :]

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #72  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Well because the AI-ness is related to your answer

whatever I'm mostly just squinting and seeing if there's scumminess it's early game obvs

The thing I mayyybe find sus about Keyser is how he accepted Burger's explanation/analysis of hyopclaiming as a good one, when it wasn't (because he wasn't talking about hypoclaiming). I'd expect town!Keyser to be like "no that's not what I mean, someone else answer" if he knew what hypoclaiming was. I'd expect scum!Keyser to move on and try to let it be a small reason to townread him without too much focus on his slot, if he knew what hypoclaiming was.

If he didn't know what hypoclaiming was, it's not AI. So *shrug*, I guess this isn't super useful since apparently Keyser doesn't remember :lol: :roll:

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #73  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:16 pm

I merely acknowledged and thanked him for his recommendations (to basically only claim if you have a guilty). This sentiment was echoed by a couple others.

I did not want to chat about all his formulas, that’s not mafia to me.

Irrelephant11
In the room
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #74  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Yeah that's fair
I'm pretty much over it as much as you are
Talk to me about Dunnstral

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park