OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 am

Post by ofrhz »

PAGETOP!
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Cardi B »

Checked out the skitter game. I had actually checked it out before for post count reasons and I think I thot skitter was different there but idr.
In post 3075, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3065, hebichan wrote:I mean... I can, since I pushed it super hard, was expecting to get lynched for pushing nk15 so hard there.
also it was nk15 v vizzy and the three people who were voting nk15 were ... me/hebi/vizzy
Havent looked at the whole ass game but this is something from endgame that sticks out. Like she woulda been scumpartners with vizzy in like two different games and made a completely different choice with how to play around him.

Idk how to read the votes in that game but I think she mighta bussed other than that?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1720, skitter30 wrote:lycan maybe?

(if you want me to stop guessing lmk)
Lycan was another one of the ppl I was gonna list

==
I dont really think its gonna give me pause maybe unless I feel like reading more of it but skitter do you maybe wanna talk about why you think scum won that game? Or if that is answered by something in PT/postgame in that game can u quote dat
In post 1722, Sando wrote:It's my thing to not lynch fakeclaims or counterclaims
Huh
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1722, Sando wrote:Ok but prior to D2 Aus had to tell Sky what she'd picked. If Aus has powers, she wouldn't want to claim it, and the only one they knew for sure was what Invis had picked, and PGO/Vig. Aus is taking an awful lot of credit for something she was forced to do. We dunno what Invis picked, but decent chance scum!Aus felt it was the safer to fakeclaim PGO/Vig rather than something else.
Be more specific! What kind of powers do you think I'd be unable to claim? Why not claim Invisibility's attempted power, when we know he failed and therefore that someone else has that ability? Why not claim that I went for neighbourizer like many people do in PYP XY?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1722, Sando wrote:
In post 1720, skitter30 wrote:i think you're undervaluing the impact of her claim - we wouldn't have reallly been able to figure out *where* to start looking for the pgo without it - knowing that there's a pgo *somewhere* is kinda different than knowing that there's a scum pgo within a group of like 5 players or however many it were

also i dislike the bolded; kinda feels defensive/over-reaction-y to me almost
Ok but prior to D2 Aus had to tell Sky what she'd picked. If Aus has powers, she wouldn't want to claim it, and the only one they knew for sure was what Invis had picked, and PGO/Vig. Aus is taking an awful lot of credit for something she was forced to do. We dunno what Invis picked, but decent chance scum!Aus felt it was the safer to fakeclaim PGO/Vig rather than something else.

It's my
thing
to not lynch fakeclaims or counterclaims, and I get annoyed at people SRing me for doing pro-town things. I'll happily provide games where town decided to basically gamethrow because I argued we shouldn't lynch into a CC'd claim (my argument was correct and we lost).
she could've just like claimed neighborizer/fruit vendor since at that point she knew sky had it; or jk/tracker since ruru had died

like there were several safe options that didn't involve outing the other partner

i don't think she was forced to claim trying to take pgo/vig at all

==
In post 1724, Myloninja13 wrote:
In post 1721, skitter30 wrote:@mylo again: now that you remember that sando was a pr in that game does that affect your read on him here?
Yeah, I think meta-wise he's all good, although maybe a bit more lowkey? But you know, everyone has off-games and maybe they're overgamed up to 11 games like I was once?
right, so what i'm ultimately getting at is that do you still think he's scum here?

because you're saying that you do not in fact have a meta reason to scumread him but you're still voting him

==
In post 1726, Cardi B wrote:Havent looked at the whole ass game but this is something from endgame that sticks out. Like she woulda been scumpartners with vizzy in like two different games and made a completely different choice with how to play around him.

Idk how to read the votes in that game but I think she mighta bussed other than that?
so that game one day it was town!nk15 vs scum!vizzy - i really really really didn't want to bus him because that would have just fforced another phase that i'd have to play through

i was a little bit worried that people would like go back and check that day - my 'scumread' of vizzy basically became mysteriously strong that day, like i was trying to have my cake and eat it too by saying i was fine with either/or when they were both up for the lynch and vizzy was objectively scummier and once nk15 flipped town i just switched to hard-scumreading vizzy because everyone else was

whereas here i was scumreading vizzy fairly consistently and i don't know if his wagon would have become a thing if i didn't vote at that time; iirc i'm pretty sure i had a few oppurtunities to switch my vote as his wagon grew to try to push it somewhere else if i had wanted to

like you can see from that pt that i'm pretty good at coordinating night actions and nightplay but i'm not super good at dayplay as scum and repeatedly had to force myself to post. like i would pop in just before the prod timer ran out and say something entirely inconsequential and with like a *good* and/or coordianted town i would not have been able to get away with that and would have got caught much sooner because my dayplay isn't that great; and i just kinda lack motivation in general to keep posting and to like respond to things; i absolutely hate being suspected as scum and just tend to lurk instead of responding to being pushed

like in general i just hate bussing because it pushes off xylo and means that i'll be in the game longer realtime-wise and have to force myself to try to post townie things throughout that timespan; like i really can't imagine scum!me voluntarily bussing him day1 on purpose and forcing myself to play scum longer given how much i hate it and how much i hate posting as scum

or that i'd then bus my other partner the next day to leave the game for me to try to carry :facepalm:

==
In post 1727, Cardi B wrote:I dont really think its gonna give me pause maybe unless I feel like reading more of it but skitter do you maybe wanna talk about why you think scum won that game? Or if that is answered by something in PT/postgame in that game can u quote dat
the mechanics, while fairly cool, contributed to a lot of town apathy - electing a kingmaker via secret voting for several dayphases removes agency and makes it hard for people to invest in the game. i was able to get away with generically townie looking posting and effort in that gamestate

+ town let 2 3p claims skate by - one was actual 3p who won and was removed from the game upon becoming president; that happened day-before-lylo and was effectively a mislycnh wrt scum wincon; the other was scum who bullshitted a bad 3p claim that didn't make sense that somehow never really got pushed? idk. both were claimed like day1 or day2 or somethign and town didn't do anything about it

+ i hard-pocketed mutant the mason to the point where n2 he decided to claim mason to me in a private communication via a pr that i was faking (it was a factional ability, long story); he trusted me super hard throughout the game after that to the point that he told me n5 (night before lylo) that if he died he wanted me to become president, which i posted about and got town!ofrhz to vote me, which enabled scum to quickhammer me and we won
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Cardi B »

Thanks fo tah.t
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1729, skitter30 wrote:once nk15 flipped town i just switched to hard-scumreading vizzy because everyone else was
Yeah I dont think you're ever scum this game if thats something you really felt

I noticed you saying "lynch this with fire" abt vizzy which is like classic bus rhetoric
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1729, skitter30 wrote:she could've just like claimed neighborizer/fruit vendor since at that point she knew sky had it; or jk/tracker since ruru had died
No...Ausuka had to tell Sky what they'd picked N1, before the Ruru death was resolved.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1728, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1722, Sando wrote:Ok but prior to D2 Aus had to tell Sky what she'd picked. If Aus has powers, she wouldn't want to claim it, and the only one they knew for sure was what Invis had picked, and PGO/Vig. Aus is taking an awful lot of credit for something she was forced to do. We dunno what Invis picked, but decent chance scum!Aus felt it was the safer to fakeclaim PGO/Vig rather than something else.
Be more specific! What kind of powers do you think I'd be unable to claim? Why not claim Invisibility's attempted power, when we know he failed and therefore that someone else has that ability? Why not claim that I went for neighbourizer like many people do in PYP XY?
You could fakeclaim:
Neighbour
Invis-choice
PGO/Vig

Those are the only 100% safe fakeclaims that I can think of. You're right, I hadn't considered Neighbour as an option.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1679, Cardi B wrote:Yeah I like what I seen from ofrhz

is a good theoretical thought about somethin they would know as scum
is believable and both of they eod votes look pretty convincingly not SvS to me
these are weird things to townread me for. one is for offering up information that i would know as scum. the other is for offering self-meta
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by ofrhz »

who you scumreading mylo
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1732, Sando wrote:
In post 1729, skitter30 wrote:she could've just like claimed neighborizer/fruit vendor since at that point she knew sky had it; or jk/tracker since ruru had died
No...Ausuka had to tell Sky what they'd picked N1, before the Ruru death was resolved.
That's not how a neighbourizer works? Like every other role in the game, you sumbit your action during the night phase, and the action resolves at the end of the night phase. I could have claimed Jailkeeper easily because the neighbourhood appeared after ruru's flip.
In post 1733, Sando wrote:
In post 1728, Ausuka wrote:
You could fakeclaim:
Neighbour
Invis-choice
PGO/Vig

Those are the only 100% safe fakeclaims that I can think of. You're right, I hadn't considered Neighbour as an option.
Yes but the PGO/Vig was clearly the option that would lead towards AP being outed! Neighbourizer and Invis' choice are legitimate and cost scum nothing.

But that isn't what I was saying- what super secret scum powers do you think I have that I had to hide? Rolecop- can claim UB. If for some insane reason I take redirector or cop slot as scum in that draft position when it was so unlikely the role would make it that far down, yes maybe I hide it, but a) there's no reason to fake pgo/vig specifically and b) it's overwhelmingly unlikely that I as scum would take cop/redirector.

1-shot commuter/watcher slot is claimable.

There's no real reason for me to even hide my role as scum at all since there's no reason for scum to take Redirector when top slot gets Cop in nearly every game.

Have you made any effort to sort me by like reading my posts and deciding if you want to lynch me (I think arguing this would be justified if you did) instead of just saying "uhh ACTUALLY ausuka isn't clear"? Because it seems like you have an issue with me being widely townread but you also don't seem to be willing to push me very much.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1736, Ausuka wrote:Have you made any effort to sort me by like reading my posts and deciding if you want to lynch me (I think arguing this would be justified if you did) instead of just saying "uhh ACTUALLY ausuka isn't clear"? Because it seems like you have an issue with me being widely townread but you also don't seem to be willing to push me very much.
Ahh I was asked for my reads, got attacked for scumreading you because you're "locktown" and have been defending (attacking?) that ever since. Turning around and whinging that I'm attacking locktown status without reading is kinda ridiculous right now.

You've literally never voted for any scum and you've lynched two townies, claiming that you're locktown is out of proportion with what happened.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by the worst »

the worst has been prodded.

(will vc at pagetop but not much to update)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1732, Sando wrote:
i mean i got added to my neighborhood with sky at the end of n3; at that point i knew that the n3 flip was enigma

like ausuka was in the neighborhood at daystart day2, at which point ruru had died

and basically my point is that scum!her had several safe things to claim to sky so idk why scum!her picks the claim that puts her partner under the spotlight, ultimately leading to the lynch

like you still haven't explained her motivation for doing that as scum. like why go this route at all instead of just claiming something safe?

==
In post 1737, Sando wrote:Ahh I was asked for my reads, got attacked for scumreading you because you're "locktown" and have been defending (attacking?) that ever since. Turning around and whinging that I'm attacking locktown status without reading is kinda ridiculous right now.

You've literally never voted for any scum and you've lynched two townies, claiming that you're locktown is out of proportion with what happened.
can you explain why you're scumreading her? is it literally just that she hadn't been on any scum lynches and that she hasn't voted for scum? i think that's a pretty shallow way to approach the game and your read on her and doesn't take into account her actions that led to the ap lynch imo; like i've been trying to get you to explain why scum!her does the pgo thing at all when she had several safe picks to claim at that point

(aside whinging is a good word lol; i associate it with harry potter; it's like never used in american english)
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1739, skitter30 wrote:can you explain why you're scumreading her? is it literally just that she hadn't been on any scum lynches and that she hasn't voted for scum? i think that's a pretty shallow way to approach the game and your read on her and doesn't take into account her actions that led to the ap lynch imo; like i've been trying to get you to explain why scum!her does the pgo thing at all when she had several safe picks to claim at that point
You mean other than seeking to be conf!towned for it?

Skitter you've mislynched me before because the person I was looking at "could not possibly be scum because of X", and scum turned out to be someone who had also done X...

You more than most should be aware it's how I look at the game, and I find locktowning pretty BS unless it's mechanical in nature.

Other than that, yeah:
In post 695, Ausuka wrote:
In post 613, ofrhz wrote:
In post 533, Ausuka wrote: this post is really bad; specifically the ceejay wagon, which is complete busywork. he's literally saying that he has no reason to scumread cjv.
the vote accomplishes nothing and i don't see how it was meant to accomplish anything.
i'm interested in why you didn't call out invisibility's vote here. his votes were on inactive players (in particular, a player invis thought may not even be checking the site), but as soon as the inactive players returned, he unvoted them, so literally no pressure was applied by his vote.
I, uh, didn't know invis was doing that :oops:
With hindsight this doesn't look great.
In post 1447, Ausuka wrote:i will probably hammer cjv soon. no confidence that it flips red but everyone else wants it and I can't really fight it
In post 1451, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinoya

let's flip Vulcan over Cardi please and thank you.

Like...I get that I'm generally fairly apathetic here, I'm not exactly enjoying Mafia rn. But why is my apathy that at least backs up my reads (CJ is town, Vulcan is scum) being scumread, while ^this gets "locktown"?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1737, Sando wrote:
In post 1736, Ausuka wrote:Have you made any effort to sort me by like reading my posts and deciding if you want to lynch me (I think arguing this would be justified if you did) instead of just saying "uhh ACTUALLY ausuka isn't clear"? Because it seems like you have an issue with me being widely townread but you also don't seem to be willing to push me very much.
Ahh I was asked for my reads, got attacked for scumreading you because you're "locktown" and have been defending (attacking?) that ever since. Turning around and whinging that I'm attacking locktown status without reading is kinda ridiculous right now.

1. I never claimed I was locktown, although skitter and cardi tr me to the point where I'm not sure why you want to push me today.

2. If you're scumreading me try actually reading my content and tell me why it's scum. Your method of VCA is totally ridiculous; you don't account for the fact that AP was a guilty, you don't account for the fact I hammered cjv to move the game along, you don't account for the fact that
considering that we lynched scum d1 and d2, WITH SCUM ON THE D1 WAGON, and have not had success in finding scum ever since then, scum just might have bussed.
Your method of reading people literally fails 100% of the time to bussing - and yes, bussing is a common tactic. Like I'm not convinced you're not just ignoring any post that isn't specifically addressed to you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: Sando
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1186, Ausuka wrote:AP could be scum RB but I very much doubt he's scumvig which means we should go for Vulcan or skitter today imo. The quick wagon means he's more likely to be town and people on it are more likely to be scum I think. I'm not a fan of skitter's vote when she was defending AP earlier.
Yeah mate, you sure deserve this sort of credit:
In post 1296, Ausuka wrote:also AP never dies d2 without my claim.
In post 1346, Ausuka wrote:The vig/PGO thing clears me. I townleaned invis d1, yes, that means nothing at this point.

So:
In post 1741, Ausuka wrote:1. I never claimed I was locktown, although skitter and cardi tr me to the point where I'm not sure why you want to push me today.
Yeah you did.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Ausuka »

It's still true that AP never dies D2 without my claim. I said it cleared me before people decided to push me; I thought I was generally considered clear at the time, yes, which is why I didn't like vulcan's push. I'm clearly not locktown right now because multiple people have been pushing me.

Vote me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Sando »

Sure?

VOTE: Ausuka
Cardi B
Cardi B