Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by racefan12 »

The usual problem with online games of The Mole isn't that the mole has no incentive to sabotage, it's that
the other players have no incentive not to sabotage.

In real life versions of The Mole, the non-mole players work together because they want to earn money to win. But when there's no money involved, the only objective for the players is the win itself--and it's more likely for them to win if the players they're competing against think they're the mole when they aren't.

(Pretty sure this has been noted in this thread before, but it seems to have been forgotten in the last several posts.)

The advantage of the "two concurrent games" idea is that it provides this incentive for the players not to sabotage without involving real money.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”