Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Fink »

In post 127, GuiltyLion wrote:Fink I don't think is wrong per se but can you tell me why you're riffing on this and why you think it's a productive argument to be having
Because I clearly don't agree with Almost50's thought process, and I think it's productive to try to figure out
why
, Town-I-disagree-with or scum, and admittedly I think I won't have much clue about that until later but getting some of that thought process out now seems helpful toward getting a read on him.

And because he's hard mime-reading me for my page 1 read and that's therefore the most interesting thing happening in the game so far, as far as I'm concerned.

Do you think I'm clogging up the thread about this? Do you want my opinion on something else in particular?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Well that was a fast readthrough

Early reads

Thor is town
A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
Sesq hasn't done anything yet except claim her vote on lane was real in without reasoning
I like GL's catchup posts
Lady Angel isn't a mime
A lot of other null reads from there.

VOTE: Sesq

Not really interested in either of the other "wagons" right now.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:12 am

Post by lane0168 »

I can get on that with you. I was wondering if it would be explained, especially after being questioned, but sesq's "really" post didn't exactly explain it.

VOTE: sesq
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 150, Fink wrote:And because he's hard mime-reading me for my page 1 read and that's therefore the most interesting thing happening in the game so far, as far as I'm concerned.
I think it gets even more interesting when you learn I've just retracted that and replaced it with a scum read on you as innocentvillager's partner. :wink: :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 151, RockyHorror wrote:A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
OMG! I'm soooooo busted. I dare you (or your partner) can shoot me tonight to confirm it. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 154, Almost50 wrote:
In post 151, RockyHorror wrote:A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
OMG! I'm soooooo busted. I dare you (or your partner) can shoot me tonight to confirm it. :P
WAIT! You're not innocentvillager! Hmmm... now I'm confused. What are the odds BOTH scums got replaced out and Fink is just playing scummy?? :shifty:

RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Wait I thought fink/innocent were buddies?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 156, RockyHorror wrote:Wait I thought fink/innocent were buddies?
I guess we get to that after we've lynched IV. Then with his flip there will be a better view for all to act upon.

Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Fink »

I'm everybody's buddy.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 158, Fink wrote:
I'm everybody's buddy.
True. And that's why I'm keeping you in every Mafia/Mime formation I can. :lol:

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

DoubtingThomas - 2 - Fink, Thor665
Almost50 - 2 - Eragon, innocentvillager
Sesq - 2 - RockyHorror, lane0168
lane0168- 1 - Sesq
FA_Q2 - 1 - GuiltyLion
Eragon - 1 - FA_Q2.
Innocentvillager - 1 - Almost50

Not Voting - DoubtingThomas, Lady Angel, UnrealSeal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is August 29 at 6:45PM EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 135, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 133, Thor665 wrote:
In post 131, Kmd4390 wrote:
innocentvillager replaces ldkldldldkdkdkdklllkkk
Straight upgrade.
you're going to be disappointed im super rusty and terrible at this game
Straight downgrade :(
In post 134, lane0168 wrote:This is where I thought you were confused about what it was... I thought you were applying it to you and I?
Why did you think that?
There's literally nothing either you or I said to draw that conclusion from.
I asked you about that earlier and you never responded.
In post 134, lane0168 wrote:When you said you already explained it, I thought I'd find it in the posts where you talked about burden of proficiency. I didn't know you were referencing our conversation.
It was exactly in that post - I quoted it for you in our last exchange.
In post 134, lane0168 wrote:But my vote isn't about that. It was your early game. Which I haven't addressed yet. I understand it looks as though i had attempted to "find the words" so I can't fault you for thinking that. But I haven't.
Okay.
Guess it won't matter now that you're leaping onto Sesq.
But then I don't think you're likely to convince me you're scumhunting anytime soon either, so... :lol:
In post 145, Almost50 wrote:So, we play to "read".. yet when there's nothing to read it is scummy to say so? We play to "find scum", what when nobody's been posting anything of substance and/or AI it is still my job to find scum based on "void"??

I'll be damned if this doesn't flip scum. My vote is stuck here until this slot is dead "one way or the other".
Almost, could we please not go down this rage tunnel thing again - haven't you moved past this habit yet? You and I both know there are sloppy and skillful town who are going to act that way and I rarely see the rage wagon trigger particularly useful feedback - I know it's happy to go down that pah and I still do it too much myself, but I actually like his alignment's odds to be town for calling out one of the more active and generically town read slots at this juncture, yeah?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Thor: I'm not at all angry. It's a legit read. I'd be willing to sheep you today, but I'm willing to wager on his alignment tbh. I also still maintain DT's gonna flip Mime though, so not voting him for the lynch. Starting to doubt my read on Fink, have no solid reads on lane/GL (they're both good at holding their cards close to their chests), sesq (non-existent yet in the game).

I am also still not sure if my problem with Eragon relates more to his play style. The rest (Lady Angel/RockyHorror/UnrealSeal/FA_Q2) U don't even have meta on, I remember FA_Q2 a a mod, but not as a player. Unreal I;ve played with once and I don't even remember what game it was (it may have been me under an alt though). LA &RH I'm pretty sure I have never met before.

This is more or less where I am eight now, so make a case on someone I'm not Mime reading and I'll follow.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 161, Thor665 wrote:Almost, could we please not go down this rage tunnel thing again - haven't you moved past this habit yet? You and I both know there are sloppy and skillful town who are going to act that way and I rarely see the rage wagon trigger particularly useful feedback - I know it's happy to go down that pah and I still do it too much myself, but I actually like his alignment's odds to be town for calling out one of the more active and generically town read slots at this juncture, yeah?
since for some reason Almost doesn't want to push my wagon despite me being his most confident scumread, can you explain his argument to me? It seems like you kind of understand where he's coming from but I don't

also your post gives me the shudders but people are townreading you for some reason I'm probably just not seeing so i'll let that go

honestly idk what's going on i'll revisit this tmr
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:55 pm

In post 151, RockyHorror wrote:Well that was a fast readthrough

Early reads

Thor is town
A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
Sesq hasn't done anything yet except claim her vote on lane was real in without reasoning
I like GL's catchup posts
Lady Angel isn't a mime
A lot of other null reads from there.

VOTE: Sesq

Not really interested in either of the other "wagons" right now.
i think i like you
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:56 pm

i think almost should be vigged tonight if this lynch doesn't go through could be mime but like lion said im not super interested in the wifom rn
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 146, Almost50 wrote:
In post 139, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 138, Almost50 wrote:Good.
Now tell us what you think and ask some questions please
. If the game doesn't get going I'm going to be totally withdrawn :(
i don't like this attitude but the fact that you're vocalizing it makes it less suspicious so im torn on that
Also, you missed the bolded and highlighted, so revisit the subject if you will. How about a read list?
"do a thing"
"i dont want to do that thing"
"why didnt you do the thing???????"

mime

no idea why i kept my vote on lane. this is why i should keep a notes document. dont really see any reason to move it though and no other scum
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

IV, it looks like I agree with you on some iteration of scum Almost, but I'm much more sold on mime at this point. Could I interest you in a fancy sesq wagon to generate some content from that slot?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:53 pm

@Sesq @Rocky

why is almost mime not goon

IOW tell me why is goon!A50 significantly less plausible than mime!A50

like i don't think i can believe tells confidently distinguishing between mime and goon. I honestly think those reads are either delusional, heavily exaggerated or scum but I haven't much experience with third party games so prove me wrong i guess?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:54 pm

oh i should've iso'd you first. but like this to me seems as plausible from goon as mime, like lion said there's too much interchangeable wifom.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:57 pm

In post 167, RockyHorror wrote:Could I interest you in a fancy sesq wagon to generate some content from that slot?
i like my Almost vote
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

You're right, I could be just overconfident with the read. But the cases that he's pushing are mediocre at best... the fake reaction to the vig "claim", saying he's not going to move his vote on you because he didn't like the way you entered the thread on page 6, the way he tries to emphasize how bad his jester game is in feels like he's distancing himself from the role... don't get me wrong, I want the slot dead as well, but I'd much rather a vig shot at this point.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 168, innocentvillager wrote:@Sesq @Rocky

why is almost mime not goon

IOW tell me why is goon!A50 significantly less plausible than mime!A50

like i don't think i can believe tells confidently distinguishing between mime and goon. I honestly think those reads are either delusional, heavily exaggerated or scum but I haven't much experience with third party games so prove me wrong i guess?
the sophistry feels intentional instead of unintentional derived from a knowingly faulty premise

it doesnt feel like theres necessarily any presupposition behind it as much as it is just a really dumb thing someone would do to look "scummy" but also is not overblown enough that people would know it was mime
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 162, Almost50 wrote:@Thor: I'm not at all angry. It's a legit read.
Sure, but you know I've seen you go into a hard tunnel based on standards before - it doesn't always end well.
You have straws - the straws might mean something, sure, but you're extroverting their meaning at a level way beyond what they deserve.
In post 162, Almost50 wrote:This is more or less where I am eight now, so make a case on someone I'm not Mime reading and I'll follow.
What's your take on my Lane case?
In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:since for some reason Almost doesn't want to push my wagon despite me being his most confident scumread, can you explain his argument to me? It seems like you kind of understand where he's coming from but I don't
Where do you get that he's not pushing it? He is absolutely pushing it - maybe not in the most efficient way humanely possible, but he's pushing it as much or more than basically anyone else is pushing their cases at the moment. This feels like an empty attack, yeah?

I would say the quickest way to explain it is to say "go do a search for games where Almost is town, and just read how he plays" Yes, he does the same as scum, but that's beside the point. The core revelation is that he tends to (much like myself, which is why I'm sympathetic to his position) get a burr up his backside when people "are not playing right".

You did something he considers inherently poor play, so the working theory from that is you're scum.
It seems like a fairly clear case even if you don't agree to it - why is his stance coming across as confusing and not being pushed to you?
In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:also your post gives me the shudders but people are townreading you for some reason I'm probably just not seeing so i'll let that go
If my case gives you shudders then address me about the shudders - otherwise you're not scumhunting and certainly avoiding trying to sort me.
I'm pretty sure people are towning me for a mix of activity and me being willing to state some opinions clearly.
In post 163, innocentvillager wrote:honestly idk what's going on i'll revisit this tmr
Sesq seems like an easy lynch.
I'm personally more down for DT or Lane at this stage, but I'll admit to not hating the Sesq lynch because...hey, it's an easy lynch for a reason.
Most of the deadness is lack of activity and people not really planting on cases. I support you helping to combat that.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Eragon »

So far, based off tone I have like IV, but I’ll take a look later when I acually have time to read the posts

I haven’t seen town!A50 at all, and a lot of his posts are wolfy AF.

VOTE: A50
I think I’m comfortable putting my vote here for now

Return to “Completed Open Games”