Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I've been thinking about running a game eventually using the website translationparty.com to facilitate a posting restriction. If anyone is unfamiliar with the website, you can input any sentence, phrase, paragraph, etc., and it's translated into a foreign language and then back into English numerous times until the phrase is usually a jumbled unclear mess. Would anyone find this fun?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4650, Skygazer wrote:I've been thinking about running a game eventually using the website translationparty.com to facilitate a posting restriction. If anyone is unfamiliar with the website, you can input any sentence, phrase, paragraph, etc., and it's translated into a foreign language and then back into English numerous times until the phrase is usually a jumbled unclear mess. Would anyone find this fun?
I would
But what prevents someone from lying about it
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Skygazer »

1) Everybody is required to keep meticulous detailed logs of all of their inputted posts for reproducability.

-or-

2) Honor system

I think I'd lean towards 2 depending on the player list, I don't want to be overbearing and 1 would really mess with the ability for others to phone post.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 4648, Prof Fridays wrote:I'd bounce with you, Enigma.
Awesome thanks man!
I need to spend a bit more elaborating my random ideas into something tangible for feedback, though not sure when as I'm currently drowning in rl work.

It's been a while since I've watched the episodes haha, maybe a good excuse for to rewatch it all.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hey everyone, so I’m quite new to this site but do lots of modding IRL games and on other platforms, one of my favourite creations that I’d love to bring here is a game called Secret Missions

The way it’d work is everyone would have their role and told what team they’re on but they will also be given a minor mission to try to complete, each mission is small and wouldn’t be too difficult but everyone must try to complete their mission before the game ends, without going into specifics (because part of the game is not knowing what the different missions are) the missions could be stuff like, stay alive till a certain point or outlive a certain player or find out certain information, nothing too crazy but it adds an extra level to the game and strategy, I’ve tested out the game in another place I play and it definitely seemed like one of the most interesting games we’ve had, especially day 1

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it’d be something cool that’d work here? As I said I’ve only just joined this site and currently in the middle of my first newbie game and after looking at the wiki I believe I gotta wait a long time to be able to mod games and stuff but hey, let’s get the hype train going now xD hahaha
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 4632, brassherald wrote:Hey, this is really early considering that my first open has not even filed up yet, but, I had an idea and I want to see if there's interest. Would there be a market for American Presidential mafia?

Basically, it takes advantage of my college studies of the American Presidency, and each person gets a president.
What about upick two in upick one out
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4654, CreativeMod1 wrote:Hey everyone, so I’m quite new to this site but do lots of modding IRL games and on other platforms, one of my favourite creations that I’d love to bring here is a game called Secret Missions

The way it’d work is everyone would have their role and told what team they’re on but they will also be given a minor mission to try to complete, each mission is small and wouldn’t be too difficult but everyone must try to complete their mission before the game ends, without going into specifics (because part of the game is not knowing what the different missions are) the missions could be stuff like, stay alive till a certain point or outlive a certain player or find out certain information, nothing too crazy but it adds an extra level to the game and strategy, I’ve tested out the game in another place I play and it definitely seemed like one of the most interesting games we’ve had, especially day 1

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it’d be something cool that’d work here? As I said I’ve only just joined this site and currently in the middle of my first newbie game and after looking at the wiki I believe I gotta wait a long time to be able to mod games and stuff but hey, let’s get the hype train going now xD hahaha
Radja actually ran a game like that once with secret wincons
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 4656, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4654, CreativeMod1 wrote:Hey everyone, so I’m quite new to this site but do lots of modding IRL games and on other platforms, one of my favourite creations that I’d love to bring here is a game called Secret Missions

Radja actually ran a game like that once with secret wincons
Any idea where I can find this game? I'd love to read it

I tried to search for his username but I couldn't find this game or anything like that?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

This is his "episode 1" : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75246

I think there's a second game coming sometime
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 am

Post by ManateeDude »

What do any of you think about a pokémon themed game that features the following mechanic?
Evolution mechanic:

- Certain pokémon have the ability to evolve
- All pokémon are informed if they have the ability to evolve.
- Evolution roleblocks the player evolving.
- Evolution will change a players role, ranging from minimally to heavily.
- Players are not informed how their role might change with an evolution, but their alignment will remain the same
tl;dr uninformed self inflicted role change.

Im running Gen 1 28p on my home forum and If I can I will run Gen 2 9p here. The game will be role madness.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4659, ManateeDude wrote:What do any of you think about a pokémon themed game that features the following mechanic?
Evolution mechanic:

- Certain pokémon have the ability to evolve
- All pokémon are informed if they have the ability to evolve.
- Evolution roleblocks the player evolving.
- Evolution will change a players role, ranging from minimally to heavily.
- Players are not informed how their role might change with an evolution, but their alignment will remain the same
tl;dr uninformed self inflicted role change.

Im running Gen 1 28p on my home forum and If I can I will run Gen 2 9p here. The game will be role madness.
Looks cool, I had a game on my homesite like this with even more crazy mechanics
<Embrace The Void>

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 am

Post by mastina »

BTW an idea I've considered running is a 52ish-player joke game, a massively multiball game where the town starts with majority …but the game needs that many players for them to. It'd be a Blitz, with 5 day days, plurality lynches, and 48 hour nights.

I'd never actually run it though unless I got something like 30 people telling me, "YOU NEED TO RUN THIS GAME".
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 4661, mastina wrote:BTW an idea I've considered running is a 52ish-player joke game, a massively multiball game where the town starts with majority …but the game needs that many players for them to. It'd be a Blitz, with 5 day days, plurality lynches, and 48 hour nights.

I'd never actually run it though unless I got something like 30 people telling me, "YOU NEED TO RUN THIS GAME".
YOU NEED TO RUN THIS GAME
29 more to go
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:22 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

28 to go
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

some people say they think of me as 28 people. weird I know
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

You'd need to replace 1/3 of the playerlist before the game even filled.

But still, you need to run this game.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Invisibility »

you need to run this gamemmememmemmemememememmememe
26???? is that the winning number?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

WEREWOLF LEGACY!!!

Right so recently I bought a copy of the werewolf legacy game, for those of you who don't know, a legacy game is basically where you take a normal board game and you turn it into a campaign (I think the most well known one is Pandemic Legacy) in the werewolf legacy, you would essentially have 16 games of werewolf in a row (generally played over multiple sessions) each game and in fact every choice you make during the game will effect the next game (e.g the decision to kill a certain player or open a box)

For this to work you'd need 10-15 dedicated players who would stick with the game for a long time (I'd guess it'd take about a year to play through the whole campaign) Also there's nothing stopping the game from adding or removing players between games so if people did want to swap out then that'd be fine.
I've started a campaign of it in real life and I figure it might be really cool to have it on here too

I personally haven't started modding on here yet though, just about to start shadow modding for someone else, so this is something that wouldn't start for a little while, if people are interested maybe I could try and start it around January time and play it throughout 2019
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 4667, CreativeMod1 wrote:WEREWOLF LEGACY!!!

Right so recently I bought a copy of the werewolf legacy game, for those of you who don't know, a legacy game is basically where you take a normal board game and you turn it into a campaign (I think the most well known one is Pandemic Legacy) in the werewolf legacy, you would essentially have 16 games of werewolf in a row (generally played over multiple sessions) each game and in fact every choice you make during the game will effect the next game (e.g the decision to kill a certain player or open a box)

For this to work you'd need 10-15 dedicated players who would stick with the game for a long time (I'd guess it'd take about a year to play through the whole campaign) Also there's nothing stopping the game from adding or removing players between games so if people did want to swap out then that'd be fine.
I've started a campaign of it in real life and I figure it might be really cool to have it on here too

I personally haven't started modding on here yet though, just about to start shadow modding for someone else, so this is something that wouldn't start for a little while, if people are interested maybe I could try and start it around January time and play it throughout 2019
I'm nervous about execution but fascinated by the idea!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 4668, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 4667, CreativeMod1 wrote:WEREWOLF LEGACY!!!

I'm nervous about execution but fascinated by the idea!
I'd have to have a look through it and adapt parts of it for being playable online and I think I'd have a couple of co-mods in place to help with certain bits

Stuff like a) the voting style is different (the game requires you to use a specific voting style) in which at any point a player may nominate a player to be accused and another player can second the nomination, at this point the timer for the day phase stops to allow said player to defend themselves and then each player votes on live or die...upon a live vote the day phase continues
b) there are times in the game in which it says "if a player touches a particular item" so I'd have to do some form of adaption for this

For the most part, the modding shouldn't be too difficult, essentially I'm just simply moderating 16 individual games
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It would take a while unless you did multiple games at once
<Embrace The Void>

CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

The games have to be in order as each game influences the next, however the game is designed to be quicker and meant to have a timer on it, for an irl game it states that each day phase is to last 5 mins (with the time stopping for 1 minute each time a player is nominated) what I'm thinking is to equate this to being a day per minute, so a day phase would take 5 days to complete, this could shorten it down a bit (and then I might change the length of the day phases depending on the complexity of the game itself)
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So a 12/12?
I’ve never played one but I might if you make this like that
<Embrace The Void>

Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Korina »

Would anyone be interested in a TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) themed game?
Probably would be ran in the Micro Queue.

Setup would be nightless, scum have factional chat at all times.
Players are allowed to kill anyone else at any time by PMing "
Kill (Name)
" - Scum share a kill. This ability is also limited to once per day.
Players killed in this method aren't flipped until investigated by detective, and detective gets a pool of players it could be.
Players can also follow another player and see who kills them, however, more than one player following someone causes the follows to fail.
Prods are not issued until requested, and players votes remain until the player is confirmed to be dead.

If detective dies, any player may step up to become the new one. Everyone votes on who will become the detective if multiple players step forth.
Original detective is confirmed to be town, future ones do not have alignment confirmed.

Basically, it's a limited flip nightless setup of X day-vigs, with one of them being able to get the flips of other dead players, plus some other mechanics.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B