Open 735: Watchmen Wanted - Game Over!

Flicker
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #150  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:02 am

Votecount 1.05

Reundo (3) - Ausuka , Keyser Söze , Irrelephant11
Keyser Söze (2) - Reundo , 2 718281828459
Sesq (1) - Dunnstral
GameNBurger (1) - volxen

Not voting: GameNBurger, Kop, northsidegal, Poseidon , Sesq

The deadline for Day 1 is 1:52 pm CT on Tuesday, September 4, in (expired on 2018-09-04 14:51:53).

Mod notes
    - Reundo and Dunnstral have been prodded. They have (expired on 2018-08-27 09:02:16) to post before I start searching for their replacements.

2 718281828459
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2018
Location: Depends on your frame of reference.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #151  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:33 am

Code: Select all
         Neutral
       ___________
Scum  /  3  4  5  \  Town
Lean / 2         6 \ Lean
    /           /   \
   / 1         /   7 \
   |          /      |
Scum 0       /     8 Town
   ---------O---------
(the 6 is not related to anything in particular)

As of Post 149
  • Keyser Soze: All right, this guy is null. The only thing I can see is that the vote on Reundo should probably restate the evidence as most of Keyser's recent posts are about Dun. UNVOTE: Keyser 3.5
  • Reundo: Four posts. Post 119 is great if you drop the first block of text. For now I think I want to slightly take Reundo's side of this. 4.5
  • Ausuka: I like the honest effort in 111 and 139. These posts may not directly gain conclusions but I appreciate the effort for someone who clearly was unable to get online. 5
  • Dunnstral: Why vote for Sesq? This player is lurking, as far as post 149 is concerned.
  • Flicker: Oh wait, that is the mod.
  • GameNBurger: I am just confused here. 108 should be alignment-indicative but I am unable to read the indication. Nothing else is of any value. 4
  • Irrelephant: Either I am too worn out from trying to read 5 other slots or nothing really jumps out. N/A
  • Posiedon: Did this guy like get replaced? N/A
  • Sesq: is a vote magnet. I think there have been two or maybe even three votes on Sesq with next to no explanation. I see that Sesq's play is unconventional but not really scummy. This is a hard slot to read, so I will just deduct half a point and say 3.5.
  • Volxen: Too little to read. But the posts that he did make are town. 4.1

I tried to read NSG and Kop but making this list is getting exhausting and I am not getting anywhere.
Retired Account. I have no replacement.

Please be kind to Allomancer and join the nomic game: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78211

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #152  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:09 am

I’m not gonna bother making a readslist yet as more than half the players haven’t even made 10 posts.

RE: Dunnstral, yeah his entrance has been underwhelming but not worth a vote yet, as I think he owes us a catchup and thoughts on everyone.

Ausuka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Location: uk (GMT)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #153  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:23 am

In post 144, Sesq wrote:reundo's probably just Out To Lunch

what does this mean? sorry if it's like obvious and i'm missing something but I honestly have no idea.
In post 147, Irrelephant11 wrote:@Ausuka he just feels overeager to provide reasoning for his votes. At this early stage, as NSG pointed out, there’s a lot more for town to gain by keeping things close to the chest at times. 2718 seems like he’s the one that wants towncred (as opposed to the townsite reason for oversharing - to actually help others sort)
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for reads here, though, I admit

VOTE: reundo

can you elaborate on why 2.718's posts look like they're grabbing for towncred if you can? also why did you vote Reundo?

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #154  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 pm

If you're confused about my sesq vote then you're not seeing something in the ~5 posts they had when I voted them?

They voted Keyser in rvs, then followed it up by shading their opening post and then post 80 where they keep their vote on keyser while saying some contradictory things and they seem to be focused only on keyser

Kop
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 pm

I think Keyser is town from the quick glancing I made. I have played with Keyser quite a bit under a different alias on another website, and kinda know what his town game is, and what his scum game is. Unless his game play is different over here compared to over on the other website I play with him, but at the moment, I am getting his town game play from what I've seen so far.

Dunnstral, I over looked Sesq ISO, what contradictory things are you seeing in #80? From what I'm seeing, it strikes me a lot as careless play which is something you don't normally see from scum. She did also tried to explain a little bit, albeit not very well.

Kop
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Yes this is a poor entrance, but I've only quickly glanced over everything, and everything is just a mess to me. When I'm not proper tired, I will actually go through and try to put things better in my mind, and can put things into words.

I'd vote for numbers, because he is a one that stood out to me, from the quick glance, Keyser seems town from what I've seen, Ruendo first few posts stunk, why is he the highest wagon? Is it down to his first 2 or 3 posts he has made?

Flicker
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #157  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Searching for Poseidon's replacement. If he posts here before I find someone, he can stay in the game.

Flicker
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #158  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Toranaga replaces Poseidon, effective immediately.

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #159  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:39 pm

hi

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #160  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:49 pm

I'll read later

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #161  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:52 pm

In post 49, Keyser Söze wrote:That’s your first post...?

VOTE: Reundo

I dig it

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #162  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 pm

why so many words in every post

jesus christ

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #163  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:02 pm

In post 80, Sesq wrote:
In post 25, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 16, Sesq wrote:
In post 13, Keyser Söze wrote:Anyone played this setup before?

I.e what’s the best way to play it... does hypoclaiming help town or scum?

And while we’re all saying hello, what are your opinions on how to deal with lurkers.


please Please townread me

This was a page one question intended to be answered before we enter serious/non-RVS gameplay.

You shouldn’t see it as an attempt to look ‘townie’: it’s as non-alignment indicative as say a player asking if there is scum day chat - why are you being lazy/shortsighted?


you're right. if you were scum you would have at least tried to phrase it differently. and you're not new. also; town tries hard to look like town too. so theres that

after reading further its clear (i hope i dont come off as too rude) that keyser is entirely detached from the state of the game ... but not in a scum way. nothing you have said has really made any sense and ive changed my mind. vote stays


detached from the state of the game seems like a made up read and the rest of it made 0 sense

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #164  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:05 pm

In post 91, 2 718281828459 wrote:Hmmm.

Keyser is interesting. Although he seems scum, I am unable to support that logically. Why is Keyser wanting to limit the forbidden topic to page 1? (And why not wait until day 2, when the forbidden topic actually becomes a thing that can be done?)

Reundo's 46 is a little annoying but I like how he looked at everyone.

I kind of am concerned about Keyser, so VOTE: Keyser.
I am not in that good of a mood, so do not expect any more reads from me at this time.

pretty bad post and especially bad take on reundo

"annoying" and "looked at everyone" don't describe reundo's 46 and aren't alignment indicative characteristics of any post. seems fake.

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #165  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 pm

In post 104, volxen wrote:
In post 22, GameNBurger wrote:Also nobody dare TR me for that I did a bunch of shitty math only to come to the conclusion that its business as usual as far as claiming goes
in my last game a bunch of people town read me simply for effort and It blew my fucking minds as to why
I put up with it because I was town and people were having a hard time reading me but I'd like to get it out there that effort is not a one to one correlation with scuminess
a lack of effort is a good indicator of scum but a presence of effort does not indicate town

Anyways let that be a lesson to never do gametheory math late at night because youre bound to make idioitic mistakes, theres still a not great part of the stupidly simple model i used that doesn't account for the fact that T contains M in it, I should have broken it into P=t+M for more generalized use to make the death equation a bit easier to see the relationships


Why did you feel the need to "remind" us not to townread you for posting a mathematical proof? I find it a bit odd to automatically assume that people would give you free towncred just for that one early game contribution. I get your point about people making the mistake of townreading based on effort alone, but I really don't think it was necessary to explicitly say that you don't deserve towncred for sharing a mathematical proof.


ok, and so what? do you townread it, scumread it, null read it? who cares if it's unnecessary? is it scummy?

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #166  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 pm

volxen/sesq/271 all fine lynches

volxen
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #167  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:37 pm

In post 165, Toranaga wrote:
In post 104, volxen wrote:
In post 22, GameNBurger wrote:Also nobody dare TR me for that I did a bunch of shitty math only to come to the conclusion that its business as usual as far as claiming goes
in my last game a bunch of people town read me simply for effort and It blew my fucking minds as to why
I put up with it because I was town and people were having a hard time reading me but I'd like to get it out there that effort is not a one to one correlation with scuminess
a lack of effort is a good indicator of scum but a presence of effort does not indicate town

Anyways let that be a lesson to never do gametheory math late at night because youre bound to make idioitic mistakes, theres still a not great part of the stupidly simple model i used that doesn't account for the fact that T contains M in it, I should have broken it into P=t+M for more generalized use to make the death equation a bit easier to see the relationships


Why did you feel the need to "remind" us not to townread you for posting a mathematical proof? I find it a bit odd to automatically assume that people would give you free towncred just for that one early game contribution. I get your point about people making the mistake of townreading based on effort alone, but I really don't think it was necessary to explicitly say that you don't deserve towncred for sharing a mathematical proof.


ok, and so what? do you townread it, scumread it, null read it? who cares if it's unnecessary? is it scummy?


I already clarified that I am null-reading GameNBurger currently in :

In post 125, volxen wrote:
In post 108, GameNBurger wrote:So I'm back for a while

Let me weigh on some shit

@NORTH:

Short summary of my last game, i'd do some game theory stuff or long pairing posts that were like open notes, which is just my style of play for the most part but people kept saying "this is never town" which is just the dumbest assumption

I know lazy scum is a popular strat on this site but god damn somebody's gotta break the circlejerk rip tides because scum could just easily coast by putting in effort in note taking

Thats probably the largest reason why i felt the need to comment on it ahead of time since I really hated having to just not say anything in the interest of the town not flip flopping more than it already did that game, not only that but if scum tries to ride out a similar strat of just putting in over the top effort and taking town cred from people I want to be able to call it out with scum potentially being armed with ammo of me keeping quiet in the case that anyone gives me towncred

And I don't buy into that shit of "act bad then attract scum who try and attacks you or buys into it" because town has every right reason to call you out on that as scum does so its just a big showy waste of everyone's time that will cast doubt on ones self to the rest of the town

@Volxen
How have you missed my references to my previous game being the main hitch that motivates my action its in the quote you quoted



I didn’t miss the reference you made to your previous game, I just disagree that it was beneficial/necessary to bring it up in regard to how people may or may not be reading you in this game. To me at least, going out of your way to say “don’t townread me for this” comes across as odd and forced. Why not just let everyone come to their own conclusion? That’s all I’m saying.

In any case, you did elaborate more on your reasoning in this post in your response to NSG, so perhaps we will just have to agree to disagree on this point.

In post 111, Ausuka wrote:
@volxen: why do you think scum!GNB argues that people will tr him for mechanics when he doesn't actually believe that?


As I see it there are really only two reasons why he would go out of his way to tell people not to townread him:

1) If he is town, perhaps he really just did have a bad experience in previous game(s) where people incorrectly equated effort with towniness, and he’s worried it might happen in this game based on that.

2) If he is scum, he may just be using basic reverse psychology to plant the idea that he is acting like town by essentially saying “don’t give me easy town points, make me earn them”.

At the moment though, he’s a null-read for me, as most of his content has been the mathematical proof, talking about hypoclaiming and lurking, and the whole bit about him not wanting people to townread him solely based on providing the mathematical proof.

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #168  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:05 pm

do you think it's beneficial or necessary to talk about things that you clearly don't think are alignment indicative?

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #169  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm

hello everyone! sorry, been a little bit busy and i'd rather sit down to look at this game than just skim it and try to respond from my phone

i can say right now that i'm fairly confident in ausuka being town

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #170  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:28 pm

dunnstral seems kind of scummy right now, so that's a good a place as any for a vote.

i remember someone asking or pondering upon why i wasn't voting GNB if i was apparently scumreading him, and while i didn't and still don't really understand the mindset of what he was saying, it didn't really ping me as all that scum indicative on an instintcutal level.

anyways,
VOTE: dunnstral

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #171  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 pm

In post 155, Kop wrote:I think Keyser is town from the quick glancing I made. I have played with Keyser quite a bit under a different alias on another website, and kinda know what his town game is, and what his scum game is. Unless his game play is different over here compared to over on the other website I play with him, but at the moment, I am getting his town game play from what I've seen so far.

how accurate would you say you are when it comes to reading keyser? i just want to know your degree of confidence here.

on a different note, kop's staccato sentences with all of the commas are standing out to me. from memory i don't really remember him talking like that, although i could certainly be wrong here. i'm going to check for myself soon (if not right after this then this should serve as a reminder), but does anyone else who's played with kop remember that?

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #172  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Yeah commas are scummy, somebody should look into that

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #173  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 pm

For real though I've got no clue what Kop's normal posting style is like - why do you think the commas are AI?

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #174  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:02 am

In post 173, Dunnstral wrote:For real though I've got no clue what Kop's normal posting style is like - why do you think the commas are AI?

saying that my opinion is "commas are scummy" is an utter misrepresentation of what i'm trying to say

he's typing in an awkward manner and it's an awkward manner that i'm not sure i remember him doing in the games i've seen him as town

not sure how you could frame that as my opinion being "commas are scummy"

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games