Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1342, Prof Fridays wrote:The flip-flop on Pine seems bad and ignores much of what he's already done to indicate his towniness (notably I find his reactions to pressure very genuine/town-like).
also

votes and flips are always more useful to me than day play. I talked about last night's VC and Chickadee's scumflip means Pine's weak D1 townread on her look much worse in hindsight

I laid out my reasoning for why my reads changed pretty clearly, just saying I've "flip-flopped" and not addressing the substance of
why
I re-evaluated and the argument I laid out is bad.

also like my main reasons for townreading Pine were it felt like he was confident in bad arguments and because he got the second number right. but then in hindsight the way the whole thing went down with the numbers wasn't all that townie, he may have scumslipped in the process of doing it, and I decided Pine is just confident in his bad arguments because he's scum and he wants to push his agenda regardless of how bad it makes him look. I even indicated some doubts/inklings of this possibility yesterday in my ISO:
In post 906, GuiltyLion wrote:basically like the only way he can possibly think I'm distorting what he said today is if he somehow thinks the fact that he wrote "I think NK15 is a saboteur" in his vote explanation should not actually be taken to mean that he seriously thought NK15 was a saboteur

and like that's really stupid but I'm not sure it's something scum would come up with. maybe he's just decided to fight with me today and he's committed to doing that beyond any logical reasoning or attempt at genuine communication, but maybe he's also just a stubborn/proud townie
In post 1117, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think Pine is the move tonight though he will definitely need to be litigated after this
In post 1118, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1112, Pine wrote:in which nothing of consequence was being discussed
quite a questionable claim here
In post 1243, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1237, Pine wrote:Prof Friday is refusing to do the unnecessary thing extra work you’re demanding, and you’re putting words in his mouth.
ehhhhh I'm not sure it's really worth bringing this up

but I find it a little suspicious that you clearly originally wrote "thing", then decided to change it to "extra work"

most likely NAI overall but like, you really wanted to go an extra mile to try to make me look bad
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Sorry about being so late to participate today. I'll be reading and responding tonight.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Enigma »

Still patiently waiting for pine. Still unsure about GL, plus his last few posts felt a bit LAMIST - so I'll leave PF to the side for now :/

@ Mod, could you please just pop in every 1/2 days, even if it is to confirm we haven't ticked off any new numbers
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Enigma »

words*
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:06 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1352, Enigma wrote:@ Mod, could you please just pop in every 1/2 days, even if it is to confirm we haven't ticked off any new numbers
I'm not going to post in this thread at regular intervals, sorry.
I mostly just lurk now.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Enigma »

So i suppose that means we haven't got any other words off the list then?
It would be nice just to know we haven't got new words, rather than guessing maybe mod hasn't checked...
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Feysal »

I am caught up once more. I see a new consensus forming on reads, and I'm fine with that. I agree that scum probably could not predict Chickadee being the lynch, and bussing was unlikely, making both Ofrhz and Enigma probable town. Chickadee voting Ofrhz and also mentioning Enigma is another point in their favor, particularly due to these special voting mechanics, where you can only vote for real once.

I have a couple further reasons to trust Enigma being town. Yesterday when Chickadee acted concerned about sharing her last will, which I interpreted as town since I expected scum to fake it anyway, it was Enigma who warned me not to read into that. In light of her flip, I think that is significant. It was also Enigma who suggested voting without reaching consensus beforehand. I think that scum would have preferred a consensus, which they might have manipulated or at least used to earn town cred, and instead they lost Chickadee. Yes, I believe Enigma is quite solid town now.

I am surprised Chickadee actually wrote her last will seemingly from a town perspective. I would have expected a scum last will to be trolling or confusing. I guess she did that so she would have one ready in case they were shared.

Speaking of last wills, did you notice how FA_Q2 did not give any comment on Chickadee? Did he write that after the lynch was already known?

@Mod:

Is it possible to change your last will during the night phase, after the lynch?

I'm not really convinced by the supposed scumslip about "2 not having come up". However, I don't like how Pine used that kind of reason for his pick. I also hated how Prof Fridays joked about which number to pick, saying and . Those posts felt at the time as if he was serving us poisoned wine.

This challenge is pretty amusing, though it still requires very little reasoning, just random guessing. At least it gives me an excuse to quote some quality literature.

Spoiler: Ramblings from a certain badly deformed, misplaced and dyspeptic liver
Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer.
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and stipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles, mashurbitries.
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Enigma »

Feysal I think FAQ2 voted chickadee and explained his read in the vote, thus leaving chickadee out of his will
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1352, Enigma wrote:plus his last few posts felt a bit LAMIST
you're mistaking IST for LAMIST :cool:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Setting up my game took longer than expected. Will be in tomorrow with content.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1356, Feysal wrote:Is it possible to change your last will during the night phase, after the lynch?
Not after the lynch, no. However, players may write a new will / change who they are voting by just sending another PM during the voting phase.
I mostly just lurk now.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Maybe Words:

Mutant
Develope
Developer
Hell
October
Trapped
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Who's the co-mod?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Actually, why don't I just copy + Paste the start lol

**Pine, he likes standing in fields like a pretty little flower.
teacher, he once told a muffin to lynch itself.
Chickadee, she eats pineapples on Thursdays.
**Myloninja13, formerly known as "Peter".
Kokichi Oma, he has lost 12 of his fingers.
**randomidget Prof Fridays, he doesn't know if fairies exist.
*ofrhz, they think puppets can dance.
WhyMafia ***northsidegal FA_Q2, his her his favourite strawberry is an orange.
GuiltyLion, one day, he wants to be a lightbulb.
*Irrelephant11, oh the shame of him!
Enigma, blankets are their forte.
*Feysal, they don't want their parents to win the election.
Not Known 15, they only wash the top left quarter of their body.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
Rules:
Rules list and format shamelessly stolen and adapted from Viomi, Not_Mafia, Kmd4390 and Socrates.

Deadlines & Activity
Day Length
Night Length
Other Phases?
Varies with each challenge (explained in post 2)
48 hours
Yes (explained in post 2)

You can see how much time is left in each phase at the top of this thread.

If you do not post in the thread for more than 48 hours, you will be given a prod.
You must reply to this prod by posting in the thread within 24 hours or you will face being replaced.
If you are prodded 3 times you will be force replaced.
If you know that you are going to be away for more than 48 hours, either activate VLA here or send me a PM saying how long you will be away for.
You may be given a prod for a lack of content if I feel your posts do not contain any content relevant to the game (prodge). These will only be issued upon consecutive prodges.
Deadlines may be extended by up to 48 hours if someone replaces in to give them time to catch up on the thread. The deadline extension may apply to both day and night deadlines regardless of alignment. All deadline extensions will be announced in the thread.

General Rules
All site rules apply.
Do not attack other players with hostile intent. Mafia is a game of manipulation and, as such, insults will naturally be thrown around as a method of devaluing the opinion of another player. This means that some level of tough skin is required. However, there is a huge difference between playing the game and attacking an individual. If you ever feel like you are being attacked by another individual beyond the boundaries set by the game, PM me immediately.
The mod colours I will be using are 8000BF and 804000, do not try to impersonate me by using these colours. Any information posted by me in this colour is important and official information.
If you make a post with broken tags, you may explicitly ask me to fix them in a new post and I will happily do so. I will not fix tags unless requested to.
You may not quote directly from any messages sent by anyone in any PTs. Copy and pasting a message is allowed as long as it is not quoted. If you do not know whether what you want to say is a quote or just paraphrasing then send me a PM asking if what you want to post is allowed.
Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you did something randomly is fine as long as you cannot prove it.
If you are aware of anyone breaking these rules outside this thread then please report it to me immediately. If I find out you intentionally avoided reporting a rule breaker then I may punish you as well.
If someone breaks one of these rules in the thread, please refrain from quoting them as this will often repeat the rule break.
If you think that I have made a mistake, whether this is within the vote count or an action resolution, PM me immediately. Do not point out the mistake in the thread. If the fix to this mistake requires a post in the thread then I will do it.

Pretending to break rules or theoretically breaking rules will count as actually breaking the rules. An example of theoretically breaking a rule is posting a role card that you claim the moderator sent you even if it is not actually your role.
All rule breaks that I have to mention in the thread will also mention potentially breaking rule 10.

Voting, lynching, night actions & deaths
Allowed Voting Methods
Voting Options
Voting Resoloution
PM Only
Voting Phase Only (explained in post 2)
Players
Compulsive Pluarity
Short Straws (explained in post 2)

Unvoting before voting a player is not necessary. Not relevant.
Abreviations in votes are allowed. Eg. VOTE: mutant would mean you are now voting mutantdevle.
If it is not undoubtedly clear who you are voting for then I will quote your vote saying it has not been counted.

Once a player has reached the requirements to be lynched, votes and unvotes will no longer be counted and the game will enter twilight. Not relevant.
During twilight, everyone can continue to post in the thread until it is closed. This includes the player who has just been lynched. Not relevant.

Failure to submit a night action before the night countdown runs out will result in your night action not being used.
Scum players may submit factional abilities on their teammates' behalf, however, any additional abilities they may have can only be submitted by the player they belong to.
You may change the target of your night action as much as you like. When the night countdown runs out, whoever you last submitted your night action on will be your target.

Once your death has been announced in the thread you will no longer be allowed to post. This includes posting in any PTs with the exception of the dead chat.
You will receive a PM when you have died which will include a link to the dead chat.
Spectators will also have access to the dead chat.
When a player dies they will be flipped.
Flips Include: Alignment
Full Role (excluding hidden mechanics)
Bah Posts Not Permitted.

Failure to follow these rules will result in punishments. The punishments can include warnings, force replacements, mod kills, bans from any future games I host and, in extremely rare cases, the game may have to be reset or a player may receive a ban from the entire site. I reserve the right to change these rules at any time and any changes made will be announced in the thread. I will always try to implement the punishment that has the least impact on the game.
Last edited by mutantdevle on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mini Theme 2022: Trapped! has begun. PM me if you want to spectate.

I prioritise modding over playing games.
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He
Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 am

Setup:
10 Unfortunates
3 Saboteurs

Mechanics:
Day start.
The scum PT is always open.
The night phase will last 48 hours where the scum team may perform a standard factional kill.

At the start of each day phase (floor) a challenge will be announced. These challenges were created before the game and had their order randomised.
Challenges may have to be completed in a certain time or will have a specific lose condition.
Players may VOTE: forfeit a challenge which may be useful for challenges with no time limit that drag on.
If the challenge is completed, a random unfortunate will secretly become a 'fortunate' at the start of the following night phase. The player chosen is randomly decided through a dice and is informed of their new role.
The scum PT will be given extra information about the challenge such as the soloution to the challenge or advice on how to prevent the challenge from being completed. It will be publically announced what type of information they are given.

Once a challenge is failed or completed, the thread will be locked and the voting phase will commence.
During this phase, each player is sent a form to fill in through PM. This will ask who you are voting for, why you are voting for them and how you would feel about being trapped (a last will).
All 3 of these questions are compulsive and can result in prods and replacements. Players may change their answers during the entire voting phase which includes prods and replacements.
Once the phase is over, everyone's answers to the first 2 questions will be posted publically which is then concluded with a final vote count. Whoever has the most votes on them will then be lynched.
If 2 or more players have the most votes on them, the tie will be resolved through picking short straws. Each 'straw' is secretly given a value in the mod PT. PMs will then be sent to each tying player asking them to pick a straw. Whoever picks the straw with the lowest value is lynched.
Each player would be asked to put the straws in order of most preferable to least preferable so that if they both pick the same straw then it will go to their 2nd choice instead. These picks cannot be changed once sent in.
Failure to pick straws may also result in prods and replacements.
The player who has been lynched will have their answer to the third question publically revealed. Players who are night killed will also have their third question answer publically revealed.
The initial voting phase will last 48 hours. However, the resolution of ties will almost certainly take up additional time (hopefully no more than another 48 hours).

Role PMs:
Spoiler: Saboteur

Spoiler: Unfortunate

Spoiler: Fortunate

To clarify, Saboteurs have the standard scum win condition and unfortunates/fortunates have the standard town win condition.
Last edited by mutantdevle on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 am

*double whistle*

"Eh! ooh! what!

Ahh! Its another one of them bobbing crafts, ready with 13 more unfortunates!"

"I tells you what, they are in for a treat. We haves ourselves some dastardly challenges in store for them!

ahahahah! ahahaha!

Like all those before them, they will be imprisoned at the bottom of the tower! At the tops of the tower, lies the key of freedom which they could use to earn their escapes!

They must work as a team to complete challenges and escape each floor. But it's not that simple! The voice demands that some of them must remain trapped!

The voice will choose 3 unfortunates to act as her minions, the saboteurs! This means that not everyone can be trusted.

Only some may leave with the key of freedom. And the rest? That's right, TRAPPED!

ahahahah! ahahaha!"

"On each floor you will be faced with a new challenge. If you complete each challenge you will be rewarded with additional power to uncover who the saboteurs are.

If you make it to floor 6 unobstructed by the saboteurs, you may take the key of freedom and leave!

Not all of you will get that far.

Some of you will be staying here a very long time!"

"Ooooh.

She's so mean isn't she!"

"LINE UP!"

"It's time to choose

the saboteurs!"

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:30 am

Role PMs have been sent but I was in a rush when I sent them so forgot information like a link to this thread but if you’re reading this then you’ve probably found it.

I’ll update this post with better information later.

Apologies for the time it’s taken to set this all up and how slightly messy it is. Starting next week I will be on top of my moderating game.

Again, I apologise for this messy start.

The game will begin when 11/13 players have confirmed their role or in (expired on 2018-07-20 17:00:00):

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :(
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
"FLOOR 1!"
"Consecutive Counting"

"Oooh it's an easy one this! They only have to count to one thousands and sixty twenty!

There's magic in numbers and powers in three,

But only one number in mind can lead to the key.

325 is the number to lighten your heart,

But if you count wrong then you will have to restart!

In this challenge, unfortunates must begin each of their posts by counting the next number in the consecutive sequence of 1.

This number must be at the very start of each post and written in number form.

If an unfortunate fails to start their post with the next number, or uses the wrong number, then the mod will restart the count from 0 when they're next online!

And beware, making 7 posts in a row or 13 posts in a single page will also cause the count to reset!"

"Unfortunates! To pass, you must have successfully counted to 325 by the end of 1 week.

Let the challenge begin...

NOW!"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:07 am

Some clarification:

"Unfortunates" will always refer to players in general with flavoured text.
Everyone must start their post with the next number in basic counting from 0 to 325 like I have done with this post. Eg. the next person to post will start their post with "1".
Players may not post 7 times in a row. Your 7th post will cause the count to be reset. Additionally, if you make a 13th post on a single page then the count will also be reset. This is to prevent players from spamming the thread to reach the count.

Now is the time to ask questions about the challenge if you do not understand it.

You will fail in (expired on 2018-07-26 19:00:00)

The saboteurs will be given tips on how they can try and reset the count.

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 am

Ego - found the thread. Did that solve the first puzzle? Also VOTE: Elephant.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
Hi :P You actually checked this hehe. I'm going to spoil The Darkest Minds movie!

The girl doesn't die :O
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:

yeah 1080 isn't happening barring some miracle
mutantdevle better show up soon and tell us we did it
I'm also probably not counting next game day seems like it's stressing a lot of people out
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:59 am

"Your time is up!

You have passed.

You have passed, therefore one of you will become a fortunate.

But before I award the lucky unfortunate, who do you think the saboteur was?"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 am

In post 850, mutantdevle wrote:
WhyMafia has requested replacement. The voting phase will not begin until a replacement is found.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:08 am

northsidegal replaces WhyMafia. I’m phone posting from my bed right now so I’ll start the voting phase once I wake up.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 pm

The voting phase has begun. You have (expired on 2018-07-29 13:30:00) to answer both of the following questions:

You must now vote for who you think is a saboteur and why?

How would you feel about being trapped?

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Just to clarify, fortunates are assigned between the voting and night phase.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:53 am

Prods have been issued to those who have failed to respond to the questions :/

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:32 am

randomidget is being replaced.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Prof Fridays replaces randomidget.

Hopefully, the night will begin soon. Apologies for the long wait.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 am

"You must now vote for who you think is a sabotuer, and why?

Pine, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I think NK15 is a saboteur, and will compromise there because I don't think I can get GL lynched. Lurky, low-contribution, and made a falsifiable case against me."

"teacher?"

"I'm voting NK, because it is a consensus pick; provides an opportunity to assess Guilty's push. I really didnt like the spam count when we were really close to the limit, almost to deprive people of the ability to coordinate as he had emerged as a potential consensus slot rather than an also ran."

"Chickadee?"

"I'm voting for NK15 because I'm trusting that a few of my town reads want this flip, mainly Irrelephant. I think some compelling reasons have been made for it, and I want to consolidate on something I think has a chance of going through."

"Myloninja13?"

"I'll vote for NotKnown15, as all of my townreads want them gone."

"Kokichi Oma?"

"I am voting NK15. I believe NK15 is likely scum with Pine. I'd have preferred Pine, but at the end of day everyone seemed to be wanting NK15 so that's fine as well."

"Prof Fridays?"

"I am voting Myloninja13 because The lack of substance and only a small amount of help toward the town win con makes me lean toward him as a good candidate for scum, plus a couple posts rubbed me the wrong way. But it's difficult with not much to go on."

"ofrhz?"

"I’m voting for Not Known 15 for his active lurking, not giving reads beyond a shallow “Kokichi could be scum for that count misstep” and also because he kept spamming counts near the end of day when we had stopped doing that to let everyone get the opportunity to chime in before end of day."

"northsidegal?"

"I'm voting for Not Known 15. i'm going to take this time to just talk about all of my reads in general as i haven't had the chance to say anything yet having replaced in after the thread was already locked.

first and foremost because above all else if people take anything away from what i think maybe it should be this: myloninja is, without a single doubt in my mind, town. i know how to tell town him from scum him; i've done it before based on barely any posts. trust me; he's town. he's probably my strongest townread (this situation is just like in open 729 if you'd like to check that, although that game is something of an embarrassment for me. if you ever read this, sorry scioness)

anyways, that being said, i'm going to give somewhat of a "readslist" here and talk about it a little bit:
Spoiler:

myloninja i've talked about. kokichi i feel pretty good about being town here - it first stood out to me reading posts 159 through 161, that he had a really relaxed and natural tone. beyond that, i think self-meta is a towntell, and i think everything he said in post 580 is a massive towntell. irrelephant is kind of just a gut townread, but it's also that i know that GL and irrelephant have played together before and GL townreads irrelephant, so looking past the scenario in which they're both scum i feel like i can trust that read there regardless of GL's alignment.

we'll come back to the "surface towny" group.

for "null", i originally actually had ofrhz as towny, but literally mid-organizing these reads it occurred to me that she really hadn't towntold as much as i thought she had. yes, 414 is a detailed post, but beyond that there really isn't all that much there. perhaps i'm just wrong here, but i tend to expect detailed thoughts from town ofrhz, but there's really just mostly counting. what really rubs me the wrong way is the lack of the progression up to the eventual NK15 vote. it comes without any prior mention or indication of an nk15 scumread and, thinking on it more, really reads to me like scum just coming to agree on a mislynch. in the process of typing this paragraph it's occurred to me that maybe "null" is the wrong word to describe my read here.

i don't think randomidget requires much explanation; i'm pretty sure there's nothing AI one way or the other about his lurking, so...

i'm really not all that happy with the "who's left" group, and it's because it contains people that i know have a tendency to get misread and perhaps mislynched. this goes back to my "surface towny" group, actually - the "surface towny" group is people whose contributions look fine on the surface, but i found it hard to actually look close and dig deep to see if it was actually towny or not. whether that's because of the counting or because i'm doing this late at night, i'm not sure. either way, the composition of my "who's left" group makes me especially paranoid of the people here.

so, that's kind of a broad overview of my reads - onto the vote, then. why nk15, after all that about paranoia reads and such? well it's two main reasons: first, despite nk15's somewhat lynchbait-y history, i don't think it's impossible that he's scum here. his post detailing his reasons for wanting to lynch pine reminds me of a few of the posts he made as scum in mini normal 1999 - i feel like they kind of match in a little bit of an awkward tone, although that could just be nk15 in general (no offense).

for comparison:
Spoiler: this game

Spoiler: mini normal 1999

the second reason is just a matter of having my vote matter. i could try voting for ofrhz or someone, but it's unlikely that anyone else voted for her, so it wouldn't be meaningful. i would prefer nk15 lynched to chickadee, so if people are going to be voting chickadee then nk15 is a preferable alternative for me. additionally, despite what i said about my "who's left" group making me concerned, i don't exactly townread pine, but as compared to nk15 i don't really have any reasons for him to be scum."

"GuiltyLion?"

"I am voting for Not Known 15, because Irrelephant said so :P

jokes aside,
-like I said in my post 138, his intro post 99 felt needlessly melodramatic
-like I said in my post 184, his post 158 felt like ambiguous waffley shade that scum post when they are pretending to sort but don't actually believe in what they are saying
-he spam counted without providing content for long periods in the day - doubly incongruent with his intro post where he complained about a lack of info from this day/challenge
-then his last push was on Pine for an inaccurate and NAI reason (he spam counted but not to 5). When corrected on this, instead of re-evaluating he added more bs on top of that ("it feels like he doesn't want to count").

there's definitely a chance NK is town but I think he makes a good D1 lynch and fits in my POE lynchpool as I'm townreading Irrelephant, teacher, ofrhz, Kokichi, Enigma, Feysal and I think it will be useful to see where votes from the others (outside of that group) go."

"Irrelephant11?"

"I vote for NotKnown15

I think he took advantage of the challenge to try to look towny while avoiding providing alignment-indicative or helpful sorting content. I also thought his running up the count near EOD was to force other players to provide less AI content. Overall, nothing to suggest he's town and multiple things to suggest scum."

"Enigma?"

"I am voting for NK15 because he was Lurking without contributions or content, slipping under the radar. Also, sheeping others :lol:"

"Feysal?"

"I'm voting Not Known 15. Already explained why in thread."

"Not Known 15, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I VOTE: Pine because they will probably be the only one who could get more votes than me..."

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 am

VOTE COUNT
(11) Not Known 15 - Pine, teacher, Chickadee, Myloninja13, Kokichi Oma, ofrhz, northsidegal, GuiltyLion, Irrelephant11, Enigma, Feysal.
(1) Myloninja13 - Prof Fridays.
(1) Pine - Not Known 15.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:19 am

"You have voted for Not Known 15.

I can now reveal Not Known 15 was in fact a...

Spoiler: Role

"Not Known 15, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"I feel bad because I cannot remind people daily to take extreme care on townreading Irrelephant or teacher, especially Irrelephant who can look extremely towny only to show up as scum when they endgame you, and I definitely am sad because I think that I am the counterwagon to Pine and Pine is scum - but also look at the numbers on the lynch votes and their reasonings."

"Poor unfortunate Not Know 15.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor old Not Known 15,

He only came here for fun.

But now his fun is over,

As he is trapped on floor 1!"
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
Mmkay.

I’m not waiting for NSG. She’s been mostly absent and has had time to respond.

Going with 2. It hasn’t shown up yet, and while that is a shit reason for guessing it, there aren’t any good reasons.

Choose: 2

I’m voting Enigma, fyi

PE: My new phone makes unnecessary word-completion guesses all the time. I usually catch them (two in this post alone), but I must have missed that one. Your penchant for latching onto tiny things and making them into conspiracies is weird.

"Unfortunates, you have failed.

Miserably!"

"Looks like theys got another bad number..."

"You must now vote for who you think the saboteur was, and why?"

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

The voting phase has begun. You have (expired on 2018-08-19 00:00:00) to answer both of the following questions:

You must now vote for who you think is a saboteur and why?

How would you feel about being trapped?

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Prods have been issued to those who have failed to respond to the questions.

northsidegal is being replaced.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 pm

FA_Q2 replaces northsidegal.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:51 am

"You must now vote for who you think is a sabotuer, and why?

Pine, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I think Enigma is our best bet for saboteur. I still really want to vote GL, or perhaps Kokichi, but Enigma is pinging me hard right and there's momentum to prosecute now. Bird in the hand versus two in the bush, I suppose.

I feel I've made my case on Enigma, but in summary, it's a lot of odd behavior that rings alarm bells on a gut level. Some of it's hard to quantify, like attitude and lack of motivation to get stuff done, but the really damning thing in my opinion is Enigma's total lack of hard positions. Practically everything has been qualified or retractable, as if they're choosing their words very carefully so as not to perturb anyone. Town oughtn't be concerned with that, they ought be concerned with detection and prosecution of their reads."

"Chickadee?"

"Orfzh because I don't want to vote elsewhere in the lynch pool. Obviously I will not be voting myself. And I feel like Enigma has some interesting interactions going, and I would like to see some of that pan out more.

"Myloninja13?"

"I'll vote alongside my townreads once more by voting Enigma."

"Kokichi Oma?"

"I am voting for Enigma. I think I made it clear why earlier, but I think his posting style and his way of lurking indicates he is scum."

"Prof Fridays?"

"I will vote for ofhrz, as I think he's most probably scum, though I would expect if ofhrz is scum that he and his scum-buddies might team up on Enigma to ensure he's lynched instead. We shall see, though."

"ofrhz?"

"i'm voting chickadee because prof fridays is my first choice, but I don't think there's a whole lot of people who will vote for him."

"FA_Q2?"

"I'm voting for Chickadee because Chick has not made a single post that was substantive until they were under the chopping block and even then has simply refused to actually take a stance on anyone. Early they tried to cozy up to irrelephant and that still does not sit well with me. 751 was almost to scummy to be scum (calling to essentially PL and never trying to hunt). It would also lead straight to enigma if he flips scum. Irrelepahant also laid a good case out (and mentions 751 as well). "

"GuiltyLion?"

"I am voting for ofrhz because I think the entirety of their D2 has been focused on pushing Prof Fridays and asking 'why me' questions towards the scumreads on her, with little-to-no commentary on anything else. She does not feel like a townie who is genuinely invested in the game or genuinely trying to scumhunt, she is coasting, and I have no real reason to believe she is town compared to most of the other players.

I also do not want to vote for Enigma tonight, because if ofrhz is scum and if Enigma happens to be lynchbait, then I think scum will go in to vote Enigma instead. I think the angles between ofrhz-Prof Fridays-Enigma are worth noting -> ofrhz is tunneling on Prof Fridays who seems to be mostly ignoring it, Prof Fridays is defending Enigma for bizarre and hardly justifiable reasons, and Enigma has avoided commentary on both altogether. Definitely at least one scum in here if not two."

"Irrelephant11?"

"I'm voting for chickadee. She's in my lynchpool, vote ties are good for town (seems like there will be a number of votes for enigma already), and I don't have time this game night to re-read & analyze who in my lynchpool is absolutely the *best* lynch."

"Enigma?"

"I am voting Chickadee because of self-preservation, but I actually want to vote Pine."

"Feysal?"

"I am voting for Prof Fridays

I gave my reasons in my post 1040. I considered Ofrhz, mostly because consolidating votes would help keep our fortunate secret, and because his flip would at least force people to reconsider their reads if he was town. But no. Prof Fridays is who I suspect more.

I also tried to meta read Prof Fridays, but did not find much to go on. However, looking at his performance in Fallout Mafia, which he just won after replacing in as scum, does nothing to ease my suspicion. He is apparently completely capable of masquerading as town."

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am

VOTE COUNT
(4) Chickadee - ofrhz, FA_Q2, Irrelephant11, Enigma.
(3) Enigma - Pine, Myloninja13, Kokichi Oma.
(3) ofrhz - Chickadee, Prof Fridays, Guilty Lion.
(1) Prof Fridays - Feysal.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am

"You have voted for Chickadee

I can now reveal Chickadee was in fact a...

"Chickadee, you successfully sabotaged the challenge but you were detected. Therefore you will not be leaving this room.

How do you feel about being trapped?"

"I will encourage town to look at GuiltyLion. More than once he's been accused of twisting people's words. I find that interesting. Even his line of questioning about my timing seems to be poking at something to make it much bigger and confusing for people to look at"

"Poor unfortunate Chickadee.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

Poor little Chickadee,

She bit off more than she could chew.

She made herself obvious

And now she is trapped on floor 2!

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 am

The night phase has now begun and will end in (expired on 2018-08-22 23:00:00).

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:38 am

Okay so I’m an idiot who keeps remembering and instantly forgetting to unlock this thread. I’m in bed right now so I’ll hopefully start the day tomorrow. My apologies for being a moron.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 am

"Voting right may came at a cost,

As yet another innocent is lost.

FA_Q2 was trapped on the way to floor 3,

Sadly now, he'll never be free."

"FA_Q2, you have been trapped by the saboteurs and therefore will also not be leaving this room.

The rest of you are free to pass to the next floor.

FA_Q2, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"I feel much as Friday pointed out day one - shortest ever stand in. Really, 24 hours and one death post lol. That is not be cool at all. As far as the gamestate:
GL I have a town read on GL. Enigma's case on him is weak. His hunting does not feel forced to me. Lots of engagement.

Irrelepahnt Town. I like how he has been engaging and seems to be genuinely scum hunting.

Feysal Town. Not seeing anything scummy here and he feels genuine.

Kokichi Oma Scum lean. 420 felt like hedging should they want to screw up a challenge. Lots of using mechanics to scum hunt w/o actually scum hunting. Made a few good points on pine and suddenly started acting town at 733. Not sure how to take that considering the earlier posts.

Pine lean scum. The number picking was utter garbage. I tend to tunnel play that I think is garbage though so take that for what it is worth. I don't really see anything from this slot that looks like genuine town. Overall, pine seems more interested in defending themselves rather than finding scum. That is a scummy thing to do.

Enigma lean Scum. Lots of whining here and excuses for not hunting (140 complaining how the day was going to be 'boring') feels like covering for bad play that he knows is coming. Also feels pretty defensive. Going after GL gives him some town points but not enough to cover for the rest.

ofrhz Scum. Started with neutral when I was putting this together but the more I think on it the more he feels like scum. There is some good content in his iso but I do not see any reaction when he pushes and asks questions but is ignored. That feels like he actually does not care about the answers - just wants to appear to be hunting. 1016 is a stand out example here - he calls out Friday for several reasons and asks directly about reasoning behind friday's reads. Friday does not respond at all and ofrhz does not seem to even notice. I would not be surprised if these 2 were a scum team.

Prof Fridays Scum. Not really keen on his lynch choice. Feels like he just did not want to be on the mislynch with his scum buddies. 1235 was bad. REALLY bad. What possible town reason would there be to refuse to put a case on a player you are scum reading?

Myloninja Scum. No content here at all. Very bad reasoning when there is a 'read' and overall not adding anything to the hunt.

I know I have a lot of scum here but there are just a lot of players that seem scummy in this game. Had to do this really fast - about an hour so I will expand more during day and try to be more clear with some of my reads if there are any questions."

"Poor unfortunate FA_Q2.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor FA_Q2,

He bit off more than he could chew,

And although he just got here,

He's trapped on floor 2!"

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 am

"FLOOR 3!"
"Perilous Passwords"

"This is perfect for a chatterbox.

There's a list of words that has been created,

As passwords to a floor that is locked and gated.

Guessing these 9 words will be no walk in the park,

As for unfortunates it'll be a stab in the dark!

For this challenge, a list of 9 words has been created.

If anyone uses any of the words then they will be crossed off the list.

No clues will be given as to what these words are.

To pass, all 9 words must be checked off the list."

"Unfortunates! To pass, you must have checked all 9 words off the list at the end of 1 week.

Let the challenge begin...

NOW!"

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 am

Some clarification:

Only 1 person has to use the word for it to be crossed off the list.
The word must be spelt correctly to be crossed off.
Grammar is irrelevant. Eg, "their's" would be accepted for "their".
When a word is crossed off the list, the post that caused this to happen will be identified. However, it will not be revealed what the word was.

Now is the time to ask questions about the challenge if you do not understand it.

You will fail in 4 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes

The saboteurs are told exactly what all the words are.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:14 am

https://www.randomlists.com/random-words

road
rescue
wobble
terrific
dysfunctional
hammer
play
handsomely
suit
sweater
empty
staking
pipe
lamp
furniture
uninterested
painful
floor
crush
love
comparison
haunt
wrist
seal

Any chance the first three challenges just *happen* to be the three least fun?

the votes were interesting though
ofrhz & chickadee were on each other - suggests ofrhz town but this is WIFOMy
enigma voted scum while wishing he was voting someone else - suggests town
At least one of Prof & Guilty has to be town I'd think? If not both
Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:15 am

In post 1263, mutantdevle wrote:
Grammar is irrelevant. Eg, "their's" would be accepted for "their".

Would "unidentified" work for "identified"? Would "pineapple" work for "apple"?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
Long words lol:

The longest words in Oxford Dictionaries are:

antidisestablishmentarianism - opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England - 28 letters
floccinaucinihilipilification - the estimation of something as worthless - 29 letters
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - a supposed lung disease - 45 letters
You're unlikely to come across these words in genuine use: they're generally just provided as answers to questions about the longest words in the English language. In terms of sheer size, however, the longest word to be found in Britain is the Welsh place name Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. For obvious reasons, it's usually abbreviated to Llanfair PG.

The 20-volume historical Oxford English Dictionary includes other very long words, most of which are highly technical. These include:

otorhinolaryngological - 22 letters
immunoelectrophoretically - 25 letters
psychophysicotherapeutics - 25 letters
thyroparathyroidectomized - 25 letters
pneumoencephalographically - 26 letters
radioimmunoelectrophoresis - 26 letters
psychoneuroendocrinological - 27 letters
hepaticocholangiogastrostomy - 28 letters
spectrophotofluorometrically - 28 letters
pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism - 30 letters
People sometimes ask whether a DNA string can be considered as the longest English word, given that they can run to many thousands of letters. The answer is no: they're regarded as chemical names rather than genuine words in the sense of meaningful items of vocabulary. The same is true of the formal names of chemical compounds. These can be almost unlimited in length (for example, aminoheptafluorocyclotetraphosphonitrile, (40 letters) and many contain numerals, Roman and Greek letters, and other symbols, as well as ordinary letters. We don't tend to regard these terms as proper 'words'.

See other Vocabulary Questions.Take a look at: What is the longest one-syllable English word?
Or you may be interested in: What is the longest English word containing no letter more than once?
More from the OxfordWords blog

Lie or lay? Laying down the law on some puzzling verbs

Dinosaur Words

Which Jane Austen character are you?
See more from Vocabulary questions

WORD OF THE DAY
plenum
GET WORD OF THE DAY BY EMAIL

Enter your email address
SUBSCRIBE
Click here to see our Privacy Policy.

Woty 2017 530x226
Discover the Word of the Year 2017
Forum sidebar530x226
Ask the community

Words that sound rude 315x190
13 foreign words that sound rude in English
Cat1 315x190
Unusual words with surprising meanings
Fool 315x190
12 synonyms for fool
'-ant' or '-ent'?
Which is the correct spelling?

signficent
significant
NEXT0/10

TRENDING WORDS
Most popular in the world

student-at-law
racial profiling
TV guide
left wing
one-downmanship
Stay up to date with our latest news and receive new words updates, blog posts, and more.

Enter your email address

Click here to see our Privacy Policy.

Further reading
Sleeping baby
What is the origin of 'sleep tight'?
One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.

READ MORE
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Spoiler:
More long words cause why not lol

Okay you asked for 'em, here ya go. Please use them responsibly:
accoutrements accessories
acumen quickness and keenness of judgment or insight.
anomalistic deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule; phenomenal
auspicious favorable, prosperous
bellwether a leader, trendsetter, first in their class, and ahead of the rest
callipygian having shapely buttocks
circumlocution 1. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language. 2. Evasion in speech or writing. 3. A roundabout expression.
concupiscent a strong desire, especially sexual desire; lust
conviviality merry; festive
coruscant giving forth flashes of light; glittering
cuddlesome suitable for or inviting cuddling. Also, cuddly
cupidity eager or excessive desire, esp. to possess something: greed; avarice.
cynosure an object at the focal point of attention; something that is used as a guide
ebullient zestfully enthusiastic
equanimity the quality of being calm and even-tempered
excogitate to consider or think something out carefully and thoroughly
gasconading to boast; to brag
idiosyncratic belonging to one's peculiar and individual character
luminescent emitting light not caused by heat
magnanimous courageously noble in mind and heart; unselfish
nidificate to nest
osculator one who kisses
parsimonious frugal
penultimate means second to last - as in LOSER
perfidiousness betrayal of a trust
perspicacious having or showing penetrating mental discernment; clear-sighted
proficuous profitable; advantageous; useful
remunerative serving and providing profitability
saxicolous one who lives under a rock
sesquipedalian one who uses big words
superabundant abundant to excess
unencumbered free, not burdened with cares or responsibilities
unparagoned having no paragon or equal; matchless; peerless
usufruct the right to use and enjoy the profits and advantages of something belonging to another as long as the property is not damaged or altered in any way
winebibber one who drinks much wine
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

It's just now occurring to me that by guessing words we're speeding up our discussion time

I guess most people have shared who they'd consider voting for, at least
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Enigma »

Tbh I have little faith we will get all 9 words :/

[b/]
Mod can we get prods pls[/b]