Kavir: Uprising

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Kavir: Uprising

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Nearly a dozen people have gathered inside a one-floor house in the underground village of Dungannon, located beneath The Crossing. Though they have different reasons, they are united in their goal: usurping the current rulers of Kavir. Candles have been lit for those who cannot see in the dark. Vornimar, a tall and slender drow (dark elf) closes the door and turns to address his guests.

"I doubt anyone else is coming. So, let's get started. I am at a loss, friends. Any time I think I have a good plan, it gets foiled, and more and more of my allies keep getting arrested. I don't know what to do, but I know I can't give up either. I feel like we have to give up on small hit-and-run moves. We need to do something big. Show the public and the government that we're the real deal."

I would like each of you to give a brief physical description of your character in your first post, as well as any details you want the other players to know.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

"I'm afraid we don't have enough supporters for a war effort. I like Alexander's idea. Perhaps we could do it at a time a duke or royal is visiting said outpost? Though finding out their travel itineraries would be tricky."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 6, McMenno wrote:
In post 4, SleepyKrew wrote:"I'm afraid we don't have enough supporters for a war effort. I like Alexander's idea. Perhaps we could do it at a time a duke or royal is visiting said outpost? Though finding out their travel itineraries would be tricky."
would I know anything about this, specifically pertaining to those hailing from the desert?
As far as you know, Duke Ralokrana never went to an outpost unless there was a dire emergency. Each outpost could expect a few visits from one of the duke's top lieutenants per year, usually accompanied by a grand feast.

To Wolfgang, Vornimar asks, "Do you know someone who has influence over them? Someone that we can trust?" He then turns to Maxwell. "What do you propose we do? Most commoners don't care about our cause or actively despise us. They're blind to what we see."

A human speaks up. His voice wavers at first, but he gains more confidence as he speaks. "Vornimar, you know I support the cause. But my allies and I would rather live under the current rulers than use violence and intimidation to change things. I believe we'll win over more supporters if we proceed peacefully."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

The conversation is interrupted by three sharp knocks on the door, followed by a voice. "City guard. Open up." She says this twice, first in Undercommon and then in Common. The gathered rebels give each other panicked looks, and Vornimar seems like he's about to faint.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

The other rebels move toward the back with Lililon. Vornimar shakes his head and slumps in his chair while whispering, "There's no back door. This house is against a cavern wall." Some frantically try to find something to hide behind. Some confusedly look at Wolfgang. Others simply stand still, watching Alexander and Maxwell.

Alexander opens the door. Outside is a female drow wearing the armor of the city guard. Her hand is raised. It seems like she was about to knock again. A male duergar gray dwarf stands next to her, also in guard armor. The drow looks at Alexander and then at Maxwell. Gesturing at the latter, she asks in Undercommon, "Is this your residence, sir?"
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

She raises an eyebrow in response. "City guard, sir."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Making a Deception check from Lililon, with advantage because of Maxwell setting her up. Got a [27].

The guard puts a hand to her forehead and takes a deep breath. Switching to Common, she says, "We received reports of a large number of suspicious individuals congregating here. Sorry for the disturbance, and enjoy your party." She turns around and gestures for her companion to leave. As they walk away, you can hear them grumbling about how often they're sent to investigate harmless misunderstandings.

I assume you close the door and return to the main room.

The other rebels are amazed and delighted. Maxwell and Lililon receive many hearty pats on their backs. Someone jokingly says, "Don't celebrate too loudly, or they'll be back because of a noise complaint," which fills the room with laughter. A couple people wave their hands in front of Wolfgang's face, to see if he's still awake.

Despite all this merriment, Vornimar is still slumped in his chair. His eyes are closed and he's pressing his palms against his ears.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:30 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

When you touch him, he reacts with a jolt. He looks around the room, stands up, and attempts to compose himself before speaking. "Comrades, I just received a very important message from an ally I thought was long gone. I'll tell you what he told me, word for word. 'Chaedi and her most powerful goons are gone. Current Chaedi is a double. Her mansion is still guarded, but no elites. I will die soon.' This is our opportunity. We must seize it!" His face looked pained as he said the last sentence of the message, but the pain was quickly replaced by confidence.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Vornimar stares daggers at Wolfgang and H. "I'm completely sober. I heard the words as if spoken by his own voice. I'm sure it was some kind of spell."

Arcana check for Maxwell. Got a [24].

Maxwell, you are aware of the Sending spell, which lets you send a message of 25 words or less over any distance.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

"An old friend that I'd trust with my life."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

"And based on his message, you're not going to get to know him. Are you worried I was fed false information?"
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

"Why would anyone lie about this? If Chaedi's goons were out to get me, they have much simpler ways."

The other rebels are divided. Some feel it's too risky to act on the message, while the rest insist that this is a golden opportunity.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #46 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Vornimar stands up straighter. "Everyone that's too scared to investigate Chaedi's absence and potentially seize her mansion, get out. Good luck on your endeavors, and I hope we can meet again." The other rebels slowly leave, even the ones that were calling the message a great opportunity. Vornimar closes the door after the last one. "Fucking cowards." He turns to face those of you still in his home. "How adept are you lot at fighting? My skills are better suited for sneaking around and gathering information, but I doubt our trek to Chaedi's mansion will be a peaceful one."

Return to “Frogstar World B”