Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree that Sesq is p scummy but I'm also a little worried that she's a mine. Like the whole "it takes a wagon on me to get me going" just seemed so telegraphed. Would a mine say that to get wagoned or would mafia say that to appear like a mime?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but also
In post 258, Kmd4390 wrote:Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager,
GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
both these votes were kinda go with the flowy so I was kinda :igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Eragon »

im gonna try to get some reads put out before the end of D1, but its not likely ill get to everyone, unless deadline is a lot longer.

Im gonna start with Sesq
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Bonjour tout le monde!

Ceci est une poste Ego!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 am

Post by Eragon »

Sesq-
its hard understanding a lot of the context of this post, I don’t really get the comments on Wagons in RvS, it just sounds like a way to get stuff thats seemingly “content” out there that means nothing. Says “I’m not good town” Says DT is just shitposting, yes, I see it, and I agree, but the way they are saying it is kinda defensive. Calls themselves stupid. Calls DT not scum again, twice in the same post. And then says their vote on Lane is real, after only being their second post.
IF you dont mind me asking, what about Lane’s amazing 3 posts(1 RvS) made you think hes scum?
another self-deprecating post.
30-something post gap, comes in with “Really”
another 30-something post gap after “really”, and its just a fluff with artistic value. They call someone mime? Im not sure if its A50 or IV, but they then say “Idk why my votes still on lane, but I dont see any other scum” after calling someone mime…
again calls Almost a mime and scum, even though they said they dont see any other scum.
another self-deprecating post, then going on to say DT isn’t one and almost could be mime again. This is the third post in a row saying Almost!Mime, showing they truly think he is mime, but in 166 they said they dont see any other scum. They also asked for a wagon on them to kick them into gear???
calls their wagon “Epic” and says that even though they promised content with a wagon, just kinda lazy and ehhh…
calls Thor town because “reasoning makes sense, flows naturally, and contributes” The only thing here somewhat town-telling is the naturality. This seems almost like trying to pocket Thor.
Shades Fa_Q’s post(Sorry if I mistyped your name)
Suddenly calls GuiltyLion scum for fluff posting and “OH I didnt see it earlier this is like obvious scum” which, in context of this game is BS, because plenty of people have low-posted, fluff-posted, and yet you focus solely on GL without bringing anything else up. Also, if GL is scum for Fluffposting, where do you stand?
is openly admitting your not putting in effort good? I think thats just a reason to “Excuse” your frozen-ness as a wolf, then after shading FA_Q for kinda making them look like scum, says “That’s not necessarily a town move or a scum move” also, then says that their reasoning is exactly what GL said, even though GL disproved the case…
defends DT again
i dont really understand first part of the post, then uses self-defense with “I cant be mime because im too honest” and says they dont want to vote DT because “I dont want to throw town under the bus to live” but I see three problems with this.
You cant be 100% positive they are town unless you are scum, so you would rather kill them than die yourself.
They are the Counterwagon so voting them decreases your chance of being lynched.
It seems like you want to get lynched here
says their case on GL is “fluffposting and then some” whats and then-some??? I havent seen you say anything except fluff posting.

conclusion:
I think Sesq is scum, but more likely a mime.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 297, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 20, Eragon wrote:And it’s worth posting becuase cats are the only true gods, and dogs are evil
vote: Eragon

policy lynch this plox
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 300, Nero Cain wrote:I agree that Sesq is p scummy but I'm also a little worried that she's a mine. Like the whole "it takes a wagon on me to get me going" just seemed so telegraphed. Would a mine say that to get wagoned or would mafia say that to appear like a mime?
jeez this mindmeld

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager, GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
Nero Cain - 3 - Fink, Thor665, Almost50
Almost50 - 1 - Eragon
GuiltyLion- 1 - Sesq
Eragon - 1 - Nero Cain

Not Voting - UnrealSeal, Aristophanes

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

UnrealSeal will be replaced unless he returns before a replacement is found.

Deadline is suspended. A new deadline will be announced when the replacement that is currently needed is found.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 307, Kmd4390 wrote:UnrealSeal will be replaced unless he returns before a replacement is found.
I mean, it's been 7 days. I probably wouldn't take him back tbh :P
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

FA_Q2 is being prodded
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:16 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

Sry, here just has not been much to comment on lately.

I do not like NC's catchup here. He touches on a few things but it is all riding the fence. My and GL votes are 'go with the flow' but no actual stance. Sesq is scummy but more likely a mime - again, a reason to not place a vote.

And then leaves a vote on RVS - as though he is just trying to avoid not voting at all while not taking a clear stance on anyone.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Fink »

In post 45, FA_Q2 wrote:the same Q goes to thor though - why vote there when there is a decent case (at least for this early) that he is the mime? It feels like you just want to jump on any wagon at all....
Did you buy into Almost50s Mime reasoning at the time?
Do you still agree with it?
What do you think of my argument?
Did you think Thor agreed with Almost50?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Fink »

FA_Q2: also, do you disagree with Nero that GL's vote was "kinda :igmeou:"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:Why does this matter to you, why ask?
Because it tell me if we can win with Mime or not. If we can, then I won't mind lynching them both (in fact it would be much better than lynching Town). As it turns out; lynching Mime works directly against the Town (and Mafia) win cons.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:So you no longer think he's a mime?
No, I don't think Eragon is Mime anymore.

RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:55 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Hey Nero, do you actually scumread Eragon right now?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 300, Nero Cain wrote:I'm also a little worried that she's a
mine
We can
dig
that and try to
extract
some more info if you like! (Yours truly, AP) :P

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 310, FA_Q2 wrote:I do not like NC's catchup here. He touches on a few things but it is all riding the fence. My and GL votes are 'go with the flow' but no actual stance. Sesq is scummy but more likely a mime - again, a reason to not place a vote.
What else should I be touching here? Hopefully, not much since I'm a bit of a germaphobe. And you know you could have just asked me my opinions on these super important events that I didn't touch on.

Firstly, there's little sense in putting someone to L-1 with a suspended deadline when I haven't had
much
any interaction with anyone. Even if Sesq is some variation of scum there are still 3 out there. Let me game solve or at least attempt to.

Like, Gun 2 my head: I think you and GL are scum but for me, it's still early and my read might change. Also, myself and maybe most town are a bit wishy-washy in nature. Barring being an informed minority or inno/guilty checks no one is going to know anyones alignment till flip. Sure, decesions will get made, some right and more wrong and I think some town even have the mindset of "I don't care who gets lynched as long as its not me!"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 313, Almost50 wrote:
In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:Why does this matter to you, why ask?
Because it tell me if we can win with Mime or not. If we can, then I won't mind lynching them both (in fact it would be much better than lynching Town). As it turns out; lynching Mime works directly against the Town (and Mafia) win cons.
isn't that just...idk...common sense?
In post 314, Almost50 wrote:
In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:So you no longer think he's a mime?
No, I don't think Eragon is Mime anymore.
Why not?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is the scummist post I'ver ever read. In what world are cats better then dogs?

but real talk.

NO. Where should I hang my vote?

RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 289, RockyHorror wrote:
In post 287, Almost50 wrote:OK, I have yet another "one of those bright ideas" (seems I never run out of them). How about we NO LYNCH? We go into the night with a Vig and a Mafia factional kill and both sides should be shooting for the Mimes. Once a Mime has been shot the other is removed too and it becomes a normal game of Mafia.

The downside is if Mafia decide to hunt for TPRs instead, but that can be dealt with by assigning the kills, and if Mafia do not shoot the proposed target then I'd be alright siding by the Mimes over them (it's like "I came to you first and you refused to cooperate, so it was your choice").

OK, maybe that won't appeal to many of you, but it's a thought that crossed my mind and I had to voice it out just in case.
NGL I absolutely hated this idea when I first read this post.

viewtopic.php?p=3362184#p3362184

This was the last time this setup was run according to the Wiki, this is where they started the NL discussion. The only time town won, they no-lynched the first day to give the mimes a better chance of dying N1. With both of them alive, only one of them needs to be hit by one of the vig/mafia kills for the entire team to be taken from the game. From there they were able to have the vig claim (no fear of being roleblocked with mimes gone) and watcher target them to give town a clear.

I'm willing to entertain the idea at least.
Thoughts on this? I'm terrible at running the math on these scenarios so if there's someone that can give the statistics on lynch v no lynch here I'd appreciate it, because just off the top of my head there's a lot of logic with how town played the game last time.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 318, Nero Cain wrote:isn't that just...idk...common sense?
It was to me, until GL asked FA why they were opposed to the Mime win con. Only then did I realize that the wiki page doesn't make that clear enough and that it could be the case that Mimes can with with "someone else".

As for Eragon, he simply doesn't want to be lynched and is fighting against it.

Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Fink »

Sesq:
In post 286, Fink wrote: Also, what did you mean by this?
In post 240, Sesq wrote:please vote for guiltylion too, as i think it would help us all to see the results of that.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Fink »

In post 320, RockyHorror wrote:Thoughts on this? I'm terrible at running the math on these scenarios so if there's someone that can give the statistics on lynch v no lynch here I'd appreciate it, because just off the top of my head there's a lot of logic with how town played the game last time.
Haven't redone the math, but we should be aware that it's different, we have 2 more VTs in this setup than that one, so odds of hitting any given thing are lower.

It's certainly still much easier to vig 1 of 2 mimes than 1 of 1, but the chances of lynching a Mime on Day 1 are lower.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Thanks for pointing that out Fink - I hadn't caught that. Point rescinded.

Return to “Completed Open Games”