Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 3798, Krazy wrote:@Errant, was there any objection to scum PT? I'm not like dying to see it but I am a bit curious
Both the mafia topic and my neighborhood have been released; Errant didn't announce it though so hopefully a pagetop threadbump is close enough to a notification:
Neighborhood PT
Mafia PT
And as you already know, Mod PT/Dead Thread
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Punreader »

Also:
In post 206, the worst wrote:someone check Punreader's current scumreads pls iirc their reads have been semi pants-on-head so we might be ok there
In post 313, the worst wrote:Punreader might be onto their first good read of the game. fuuuu
Believe it or not, this was my strategy from the onset.

I banked on my own incompetency as a punhunter, at least as a third party. (Where I have a long record of incorrectly reading the pun but winning anyway because I didn't need to read the pun correctly to win as a 3p.)

I
knew
my reads weren't going to be good. They were all sincere, until the time I contacted you. None of what I said was in any way faked. However, in spite of having those reads sincerely, I also knew that those reads were, quite likely, to be mostly wrong. But this "reads mostly wrong, stumbling into maybe one or two right ones" state was the one I figured was my best chance at fulfilling my wincon.

I'd not lynch the entire punteam with my reads, so the game would continue on, but I'd manage to get at least one or two, so I wouldn't be endgamed. Keep in mind that with my wincon as it was, I wanted the game to stretch on for as long as humanly possible, as that would give me the most chances to kill/infect players.

So my strategy was to, genuinely, punhunt. To try, fully, to townside...but know that
in spite of trying to townside
, I'd still not win the game for them.

At least, that was the original plan.

About around D4, it began to become significantly less feasible.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Krazy »

Fun stuff, thanks for finding the links Pun
vote conspiracy
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 3801, Punreader wrote:Also:
In post 206, the worst wrote:someone check Punreader's current scumreads pls iirc their reads have been semi pants-on-head so we might be ok there
In post 313, the worst wrote:Punreader might be onto their first good read of the game. fuuuu
Believe it or not, this was my strategy from the onset.

I banked on my own incompetency as a punhunter, at least as a third party. (Where I have a long record of incorrectly reading the pun but winning anyway because I didn't need to read the pun correctly to win as a 3p.)

I
knew
my reads weren't going to be good. They were all sincere, until the time I contacted you. None of what I said was in any way faked. However, in spite of having those reads sincerely, I also knew that those reads were, quite likely, to be mostly wrong. But this "reads mostly wrong, stumbling into maybe one or two right ones" state was the one I figured was my best chance at fulfilling my wincon.

I'd not lynch the entire punteam with my reads, so the game would continue on, but I'd manage to get at least one or two, so I wouldn't be endgamed. Keep in mind that with my wincon as it was, I wanted the game to stretch on for as long as humanly possible, as that would give me the most chances to kill/infect players.

So my strategy was to, genuinely, punhunt. To try, fully, to townside...but know that
in spite of trying to townside
, I'd still not win the game for them.

At least, that was the original plan.

About around D4, it began to become significantly less feasible.
In short, my strategy going into this game was to bank on the natural perceptions. I
figured
people would think I was a serial killer, but it was to my advantage for them to do so. I
figured
my reads would be inaccurate, but it was to my advantage for them to be inaccurate. So I simply did the things which came most naturally, sincerely attempting to solve, knowing my solve would be flawed yet the flaws of it would further my wincon better than any faked or perfect play would.

In other words, because I knew my natural play would be flawed, and I knew that flawed play was my best shot at victory, I let loose my flawed play. I swore I sent a PM to Errant detailing this but I can't track it down.

That said, what I did track down was this:
Punreader wrote:Subject: SUPP 2017 MAFIA: DAY THREE
Punreader wrote:You know
I hope this can be appreciated for what it is.
Commander Shepherd asked me to use a consonant if not a serial killer and a vowel if a serial killer.
I did not wish to answer with either.

Y is, then, a fairly good choice given it's both.
In this sense, I claimed to my neighborhood (and by proxy, the punteam) a full two days before doing so officially. Y, as both a consonant and vowel,
was
the best answer, as I both was, yet was not, a serial killer, due to being this particular third party. I don't know why Commander Shepherd didn't pick up on this, since this is a language nuance that I'd think his technical precisions would have picked up on.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Hey Pun

What do you think I could improve on from this game in future scum games?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Now that you've seen my scumgame twice in recent memory, hopefully it's enough to have some idea now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”