League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Psyche »

i think he’ll get nerfs within the next few patches
he’s doing too well for a champ no one knows how to play yet
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

It's also worth noting that, while very rare, it's not impossible that Nunu's kit is inherently very simple and easy to learn as well as straightforward. The last champ that this happened to was... vel'koz? I think?

EDIT: Perhaps wrong word choice... but nunu could just be an easy pickup.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 am

Post by MTD »

In post 3917, dramonic wrote:What does jungle xayah even accomplish?
Theory was that it should be safer than jungle kalista (clear is way healthier) while keeping some of the objective secure (although 9 feathers+smite is of course less than spears+smite).
But yea, clear is decent, ganks are meh.
skirmishing is quite nice.

disclaimer: the "clear is way healthier" is likely partly due to me being shit at kalista, but oh well.
still the same old MTD
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:52 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

just play chogath or nunu if you want extra secure
To be clear: quack
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

can confirm, ap nunu is garbage in the jungle and the scaling on his e is bad too
green shirt thursdays
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

The question I have is whether he should be built as like a classic tank or as a support. I suppose in general it depends on how balanced the involved items are...
also why are all the builds that register on op.gg ap builds?? seems the page hasn't updated for 8.17 yet. but old nunu didn't only build AP either, right?
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by MTD »

most recently it kind of did mostly build ap afaik.
still the same old MTD
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Old tank nunu just hopes everyone else is as useless as he is. AP nunu kills people.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

re: heimerdinger bot
had a matchup recently against a sivir/sion which i thought would go terribly because of her spell shield (heim's E is very slow) and easy turret clear and his ability to displace turrets, but lane was mostly fine since I tend to max W anyway and they seem to have overcommitted a bunch
we ended up losing around midgame, but i feel like that was a result of issues around the rest of the map and maybe my own failure to secure vision control around drag (i was surprised to learn that diana jg can solo drag at very low levels)
then again, maybe it was sivir's ability to consistently pressure my lane that prevented me from getting vision over the drag pit or attempting to take it before diana could

statistically, vayne is supposed to be heim bot's worst matchup (sivir and mf tie for second place), though i'm not very sure why. Like sivir, I suppose, vayne can pretty reliably play around my E (which since heim's rework is very important to land if he's to do a lot of damage), and maybe the invisibility of her ult interacts in weird ways with turret aggro. Still, I don't remember having especial difficulty against her...Guess I need more games.

this newest patch seems kind to heimerdinger overall, so i don't see any reason to drop him besides the fact that i'm maybe a bit bored of the playstyle now
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 3933, Psyche wrote:diana jg can solo drag at very low levels
"I AM CONFUSION"

Spoiler:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Psyche »

im gonna have to check the replay to see how/when she pulled it off, but it was pretty impressive and surprising in the moment
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by Draynth »

Does anyone know when the season ends?

I was d5 in like.. April? But I haven't played at all so have probably decayed to about plat 5 again. I did the exact same thing last year and it was pretty fine to climb back up again, albeit a bit close given I got it the day before the season ended.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Psyche »

probably november 10

im honestly warming up to an at least initially AP nunu quite a bit. Runic echoes at least feels a lot better than Cinderhulk as a first item. It gives him a much faster clear (his W will almost one-shot camps), gives him a much bigger self-heal, and feels more impactful/harder to ignore in fights. Nunu's clear is terrible without some AP, I think. I still don't have a very good idea of what he should build next if he goes the runic echoes path - a bulky AP build or a full tank build or a support tank build, but I feel like Runic Echoes is a good core item that ensures on his own that he has enough AP for his skills to be impactful. Also, CDR is quite nice on Nunu! His Q is definitely not an "always up" sort of skill and being able to make more than one snowball per fight helps a lot for peeling for teammates or chasing down straggling enemies and whatnot.

Contrary to my first impression, Nunu's W seems not very good as an engage tool imo because of how slow and telegraphed it is. Instead, much like Galio's highly telegraphed but massive CC, it's best as a follow-up to some engage or as a way to greatly disrupt fights by forcing enemies to choose between continuing their current pathing and getting blasted or moving out of your snowball's way.

Overall in general, I feel like Nunu may be very similar to Galio in some really key ways. He might be best with a bulky AP build an a playstyle that carefully manages how hard he commits to teamfights based on his cooldowns and the enemy's current ability to deal damage/CC. I'm thinking his natural rotation involves something like following up on an engage with his W and then proceeding to spread slows and potentially roots with his E (also stacking his passive to ensure his ADC has the AD and MS buff for the whole fight), relying on his Q to variously survive this situation or finish off an enemy, and using his ult opportunistically (ie when enemy has blown key cooldowns that would disrupt it or when the slow or baiting the disruptive skill is necessary). Galio has a similar preference to get in after an engage, deal a mix of CC and damage, and then either have won by then or gotten out until he has room for another rotation of skills, and both depend on their tank stats and an AP scaling defensive skill to survive all that. The exact mix of AP and tankiness that's most desirable...it seems like something that varies from match to match and is hard to suss out. Atm I prefer Runic Echoes and then a straightforward tank build.

Nunu has pretty long cooldowns! His W and E both have a cooldown of 14 seconds at all levels, and his Q's lowest CD is 8 seconds. And without these abilities, he's sort of useless. His passive grants small amounts of AD, AS, movement speed, and a AOE-autoattack effect - stats that Nunu can't do much with. It's really important that he nail all parts of his kit on first use or his impact on fights will be limited.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Psyche »

i take it back dear god i take it all back what was i thinking
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 3938, Psyche wrote:i take it back dear god i take it all back what was i thinking
Yeah, I was curious how long your opinion from the previous post would last. I've seen exactly 1 Newnu do well in-game, and when I looked at his build I remember seeing Cinderhulk, Dead Man's Plate, Spirit Visage, Tabi, etc... every single Newnu I've ever seen go Runic Echoes has failed spectacularly - usually by over-committing or not having a good gauge of the damage they can do vs. how ham they should go. That might be solved eventually by people who learn the champion really well (it's kindof FOTM right now) but I really think people are better off if they play a disruptor rather than make an attempt to be a play-maker/second AP.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 am

Post by PJ. »

i just got crushed by a mobi's, ap, superspeed nunu
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Maestro »

Build? :lol: that sounds hilarious
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by PJ. »

it was not hilarious.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

he seems to be Purple/Red (Comet/Nullyfying Orb/celerity/waterwalking with Cheap Shots/Relentless Hunter). Also it just seems to be the normal AP build with Mobis instead of tank shoes. Ap jungle item, Morello, Zhonya. 4th item has seems to have a catalyst in it, not sure what he's going for. Probably abyssal. But yeah, seems to be normal build path with the movement speed hunter/celerity/waterwalking and mobis.

I don't think it's a particularly great build, I just think we had a bad team. Bad support, bad mid laner, bad jungler. Fed nunu and the assassin. They had a cheese support, so that helped.

But the snowball was fast and did many damage.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yeah, AP Nunu can snowball if conditions are just right, for sure, and that's where I got my impression that he might be good. But things aren't going amazingly, I don't think the build has much justification.

Atm I favor a tank build w/ predator keystone and the MS sorcery runes. But really, a lot of my thoughts about his playstyle has changed beyond just the build. I feel like Predator greatly improves the reliability of his engage and his gank (though it does make steering harder) and puts him more decidedly in a condition where he can start fights rather than just follow up on initiation. Another common tactic I use is taking scuttle and using its MS boost to make his W engage really quick. Nunu's W "floors" his MS at the moment of usage, even to the point of making him resistant to slows, so if you can create moments where he's really fast (like by buying mobility boots, using scuttler, or predator or some item/rune), then you'll be fast for the whole charge time.

I haven’t quite decided which tank items I favor, but atm I go Warmog’s/Visage most of the time. I got my first S with him yesterday, so I feel like I really am gradually edging toward the right way to play him. I still kind of feel like fitting a little AP into his build, perhaps a dark seal, but simply not going Resolve and taking the extra 10AP that comes w/ that decision might be enough.

I feel like his strengths are his ganks/towerdiving plus his objective pressure from his Q, and that his kit is a little less good in teamfight contexts where his W and R are more easily disrupted (it's actually amazing to think of the cheap skills that can disrupt nunu's w atm, including soraka's silence and heimerdinger's Q) and his peel sort of pales in comparison to other options for the role. That doesn't mean his terrible late, but there are many jungler's one would prefer over him at that point - like Amumu or Jax. He has access to a pretty strong early gank and can (but usually shouldn't) solo drag after his first back, and *needs* to use it. And of course he has room for lots of invade shenanigans and with good macro can make the enemy jungler's life a living hell. Still, without his old E and a harder-to-proc MS boost, he just doesn't get around the enemy jungle like he used to. I feel like his W gives him the ability to speed through enemy camps though (and to have something to help him back out if trouble comes).
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by Psyche »

also hexflash is a really sexy, underrated rune for ganking
not for nunu, but yknow
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I think if you want some damage on tanky nunu you want liandry's or abyssal mask
dunno if I'd delay spirit visage for abyssal mask, since the heal is massive
To be clear: quack
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 am

Post by Psyche »

tank junglers feel weak in general atm, w/ a few key exceptions
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:30 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I found out that Kindred absolutely dumpsters Nunu, so Kindred is good again because Nunu is everywhere and that makes me happy.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Psyche »

nunu's w explodes on contact with *any* pet
that makes playing heimerdinger a lot easier than it already has been lately
i honestly hope they change that mechanic soon bc that plus silences, obstacles and so many other things stopping his W makes Nunu feel so situational overall

Return to “The Arcade”