Scumleague FF 2018 (First Game 9/6)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Brady before Watson, for me. By a good margin. Watson probably has more upside, though, if that's your thing.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Play to win. Draft only upside.

It won me gay DC summer soccer. It's gonna win me some Fantasy Football
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but upside doesn't always pay off. You gotta hit a strike a balance between reliable production and upside.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 322, Nero Cain wrote:I was gonna take Watson-Russel in L1 but both got snatched up so I took Cousins and i'm cool with that.
That's what I did in L2^

My receiving core is a little weak. If Allen gets injured early and or Crowder does not sync well with Smith, I could have trouble before Edelman comes back from suspension.

I am really glad I got Rudolph. He is a good tight end that now plays with a QB that likes to throw to the tight end and an offensive coordinator that likes to use the tight end
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:23 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 327, Nero Cain wrote:but upside doesn't always pay off. You gotta hit a strike a balance between reliable production and upside.
No upside only.

Obviously you don't take upside if there's someone reliable at that person's upside, but upside always
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 324, Wraith wrote:I was using a fairly obscure set of rankings from an analyst I trust, and he had Wilson higher than Brady, which I generally agreed with. I did have concerns regarding the Seattle OL and their general decline, so I grabbed Wentz a round earlier than I might usually draft QB2 as insurance.
wilson over brady is in no way obscure
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

that reach for watson was a beauty to behold
green shirt thursdays
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

Taking Fitz over a starting RB = :(
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by BROseidon »

RIP to everyone who took McKinnon in the third.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

The question for me is "How much of an ass am I?"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:13 am

Post by AGar »

Matt Breida!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 335, AGar wrote:Matt Breida!
Took him in the 13th round in my money league last night.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:53 am

Post by BROseidon »

Uh Morris is getting the majority of touches.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 am

Post by PJ. »

Because Breida is coming back from shoulder injury. It'll likely be a split with Breida on top once he's full back from the shoulder.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm surprised that Agar had Breida given his stance that he wouldn't have eaten into Mckinnons touches.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:35 am

Post by AGar »

I never said that? I specifically mentioned I don't trust McKinnon as holding onto the starting job, and Breida was the more opportune of the backups. Alfred Morris is trash. Plus, Breida is getting the reps with the 1s today.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

One game into the week, and goodbye chance of winning. Ryan and Freeman weren’t supposed to suck this much :(
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I avoid crowded backfields like the plague.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Wraith »

Bell might legitimately be holding out for 10 weeks. He didn't report at today's deadline, meaning he forfeited his game check.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:59 am

Post by PJ. »

The worst part about this bell thing is his O-line (and the Steelers' player union rep) is publicly harassing him via the media for holding out for money. Steelers need a new union rep.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Wraith »

TBH his teammates are just mad that Bell hasn't clearly communicated his intentions. They assumed that this would be a repeat of last year - that Bell would hold out until after Labor Day as a statement of protest and then report as normal. They made multiple public statements that this was what they thought was going on. Since he didn't, and went even further, they now look like idiots and feel betrayed. It's still messed up.

I fully support Bell in a holdout - the bosses need to pay him or trade him. But I wish he'd just nakedly stated he was going to hold out from the start. While keeping the potential length of your holdout intentionally murky can be a valuable bargaining chip, I don't think it served him well here.

A lot will depend on how Conner performs in the first two weeks, and looking at the match-ups Bell might be pushing his chips to the center of the table based on that. Cleveland doesn't have a pushover run defense, nor does KC.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Wraith »

This is actually the best take I've seen yet.

Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I get sad when I have a big score only to be beaten by a bigger score. :/

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 343, Wraith wrote:Bell might legitimately be holding out for 10 weeks. He didn't report at today's deadline, meaning he forfeited his game check.
God, I hope so. I made a series of bets with a friend.

I win $20 if Bell didn't play Week 1.
I win $20 if Bell doesn't play Week 8.
I win $20 if Bell doesn't play Week 10.

So I've already won $20. If he holds out, I'll win $60.

Separately, I bet Kamara will end with more fantasy points in PPR than Barkley.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 345, Wraith wrote:TBH his teammates are just mad that Bell hasn't clearly communicated his intentions. They assumed that this would be a repeat of last year - that Bell would hold out until after Labor Day as a statement of protest and then report as normal. They made multiple public statements that this was what they thought was going on. Since he didn't, and went even further, they now look like idiots and feel betrayed. It's still messed up.

I fully support Bell in a holdout - the bosses need to pay him or trade him. But I wish he'd just nakedly stated he was going to hold out from the start. While keeping the potential length of your holdout intentionally murky can be a valuable bargaining chip, I don't think it served him well here.

A lot will depend on how Conner performs in the first two weeks, and looking at the match-ups Bell might be pushing his chips to the center of the table based on that. Cleveland doesn't have a pushover run defense, nor does KC.
Conner was good enough that I don't see Bell reporting before Week 10. He's not going to make significant ground in negotiations.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”