Changes to Normal Games (update September 2022)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Logged in after a
long
time for other reasons, but got in the mood to mod again. Noticed these changes..

I'll rant about it later (let's just say I feel responsible for these changes.. I was obsessed with the greylist).

For now some simple questions.

This thread mentions standardized rulesets and role PMs. The wiki page for normal games does not. I have no idea where to find them.

Are they standardized or not?

If I in for a normal game now, is all I need the set-up (since the other stuff is now standardized), or do I still need to include the OP, ruleset, role and result PMs?
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
: none
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Sméagol »

In post 185, mastina wrote: So yes, you need to include OP, ruleset, roles, and result PMs...
for now
, but in the future that will change.
Thanks!

Like I said, I'll save the rant for later, for now I'll say I'm disappointed with the removal of "greylist" roles, but also the standardization of rulesets and role PMs. The reason for the latter is that I'd like my formatting style to be the same regardless of queueu. It's not all bad, especially if the process is actually sped up (my last normal review took 3 months). And I like the additions to the whitelist. A lot of set-up ideas were invalidated, but the one I intend to run, was actually whitelisted.

And.. I am kinda inspired to seek out the limits within the new normal guidelines. Especially with the new combination roles which is something I can really use, I probably can think of "crazy" set-ups. Which just leaves me to be disappointed with the standardization.

Anyway, I'll prepare all my stuff while I still can, and I'll enter the queueu in the weekend.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r