she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

ok if I assume my townreads are correct which might not be the case but I'll hope it is for now;

Sesq
Toranaga (replaced Poseidon)
Kop
volxen
Dunnstral
Reundo

scum are in here.

Sesq feels kinda meh, I've used the reasoning I was tring them for earlier on mafia in the past so that's probably just wrong and bad and the 180 on keyser in the same post feels kinda like acting than a real thought? And now they feel gut scummy. It's kinda hard to read them though because they're always fairly cryptic.

I have like literally no feelings about Toranga tbh.

Kop is meh. I dislike because it's incredibly shallow - I think town!kop is likely to realize that if I'm literally doing scumhunting in that same post I'm not going to be making excuses for not scumhunting :?

volxen- uhhh idk? his focus on GNB is kinda weird if he's nullreading him. is kinda weird? Like, Keyser is a pretty obvious townread to put there, and 2718 is an easy scumread, and then you have GNB who he's been talking about, and then nsg is kinda arbritrarily in there as a nullread and everyone else is completely missing?

Dunnstral- don't really get why he objects so much to the idea that someone sounding completely different is scummy? i get why he thinks my votes are opportunistic i think.

Reundo- less obvtown than i'd expect from somebody who got called less lynchable than ghandi in his towngame :P inclined to put this as townier than other people here because i kinda feel the volxen push.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:52 am

Post by the worst »

In post 375, Ausuka wrote:less lynchable than ghandi
oh man :lol:
to be fair he kinda feels like he's warming up here rather than flailing/being evasive. I think my gut reaction was probably jank and I'm thinking he'll be more sortable l8r
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 285, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 246, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 222, Sesq wrote:Yeah, i can see that
Can you point it out for me?
Now would be a good time to explain this Sesq
Why won't you answer this?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why were you townreading sesq, ausuka?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Flicker »

Searching for Kop's replacement. If he posts here before I find someone, he can stay in the game.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Flicker »

Eragon replaces Kop, effective immediately.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Eragon »

Aye this playerlist is lit AF.

That’s literally the reason I joined even though schools starting.

Driving home from the airport, so will maybe do stuff later
(Or just meme with teh wurst and tora)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 375, Ausuka wrote:Dunnstral- don't really get why he objects so much to the idea that someone sounding completely different is scummy?
If you're talking about the comma thing, I'd like examples of how kop was playing differently to this game, please
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 381, Eragon wrote:Aye this playerlist is lit AF.

That’s literally the reason I joined even though schools starting.

Driving home from the airport, so will maybe do stuff later
(Or just meme with teh wurst and tora)
Welcome, Eragon.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by the worst »

HI ERAGON
--
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

tinfoil theory: Eragon is scum and his partner(s) felt the need to welcome him in thread to try to seem like they're not talking in pt

Not a serious theory jsut something to consider I guess
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 384, the worst wrote:HI ERAGON
first thing I had check was to make sure I didnt want roast duckling.

Your fine for now. :3

Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Reundo »

I don't really understand why the volxen wagon died down the way it did. The only town points he got was from northsidegal for being contradictory, and while I can sort of see where northsidegal is coming from it doesn't feel like a particularly strong town-read, and the contradictions run much deeper than mere activity. Looking back on it, post #254 is a lot more petty than I realized. I could see why some of the posts volxen mentioned could be viewed as active lurking, but to not put any more thought into players than "oh, they're active lurking, they're probably scum" is incredibly lazy and narrow-minded. It actually feels like he's afraid of contradicting himself, as if scum-reading someone for doing X means he also has to scum-read everyone who does X, and I'm struggling to see how town can be so close-minded. He gives himself a lot of town points for "having reads and trying to game solve" while completely ignoring that 2.718 made an entire reads list, and the least he could've done was acknowledge that fact and explain why 2.718's reads list was lazy/active-lurking/whatever instead of trying to sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices.

His recent trajectory isn't much better either. 2.718 seemed to be his biggest scum-read, but when northsidegal started town-reading him volxen didn't even bat an eye or seem to care at all really, not even an acknowledgement akin to "well, I guess you have a point on 2.178", and he seemed too eager to hop onto a counter wagon as soon as the opportunity opened up. He also said he was going to update his readslist tomorrow on Friday, and he still hasn't followed up on it. On one hand I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was busier than he intended, and I ended up posting later than I meant to once as well, but part of me feels he's just not bothering anymore because the pressure's been shifted to Sesq instead.

Sesq isn't a terrible lynch, but the way it built up didn't make much sense either. It seemed mostly based on their play here not lining up with their town meta, which sort of makes sense but unless their play here is similar to their scum game it might just be NAI. A lot of players have talked about their lack of motivation in this game, and it's debatable how much of this is genuine or just an excuse but it's wide-spread enough to where I can see Sesq just not being at their A-game this game. Just looking at this game specifically, I'm struggling to see a definite scum agenda to their play. I'm annoyed by their limited scum-reads and coasting behavior, but at the same time they clearly don't care about the impression they give off and they're not super motivated to start a counter-wagon, even going as far as to town-read volxen. It almost feels like they're playing to get lynched in some aspects, which honestly does make some sense as a scum play-style, but I'm kind of iffy on it.

Volxen is still my preferred lynch today. I'm not too opposed to a sesq lynch but I have a lot more reservations about it compared to volxen. Toranga/Dunn are my weakest nulls right now, so I probably won't cry a river over their lynches either, but volxen makes the most sense to me right now tbh.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 385, Dunnstral wrote:tinfoil theory: Eragon is scum and his partner(s) felt the need to welcome him in thread to try to seem like they're not talking in pt

????
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What's up nsg?

Do you still believe kop was talking differently by the way?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

honestly i've still yet to actually look into it to confirm, so if you're asking if my memory has suddenly changed, it hasn't.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 387, Reundo wrote:I don't really understand why the volxen wagon died down the way it did. The only town points he got was from northsidegal for being contradictory, and while I can sort of see where northsidegal is coming from it doesn't feel like a particularly strong town-read, and the contradictions run much deeper than mere activity. Looking back on it, post #254 is a lot more petty than I realized. I could see why some of the posts volxen mentioned could be viewed as active lurking, but to not put any more thought into players than "oh, they're active lurking, they're probably scum" is incredibly lazy and narrow-minded. It actually feels like he's afraid of contradicting himself, as if scum-reading someone for doing X means he also has to scum-read everyone who does X, and I'm struggling to see how town can be so close-minded. He gives himself a lot of town points for "having reads and trying to game solve" while completely ignoring that 2.718 made an entire reads list, and the least he could've done was acknowledge that fact and explain why 2.718's reads list was lazy/active-lurking/whatever instead of trying to sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices.

His recent trajectory isn't much better either. 2.718 seemed to be his biggest scum-read, but when northsidegal started town-reading him volxen didn't even bat an eye or seem to care at all really, not even an acknowledgement akin to "well, I guess you have a point on 2.178", and he seemed too eager to hop onto a counter wagon as soon as the opportunity opened up. He also said he was going to update his readslist tomorrow on Friday, and he still hasn't followed up on it. On one hand I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was busier than he intended, and I ended up posting later than I meant to once as well, but part of me feels he's just not bothering anymore because the pressure's been shifted to Sesq instead.

Sesq isn't a terrible lynch, but the way it built up didn't make much sense either. It seemed mostly based on their play here not lining up with their town meta, which sort of makes sense but unless their play here is similar to their scum game it might just be NAI. A lot of players have talked about their lack of motivation in this game, and it's debatable how much of this is genuine or just an excuse but it's wide-spread enough to where I can see Sesq just not being at their A-game this game. Just looking at this game specifically, I'm struggling to see a definite scum agenda to their play. I'm annoyed by their limited scum-reads and coasting behavior, but at the same time they clearly don't care about the impression they give off and they're not super motivated to start a counter-wagon, even going as far as to town-read volxen. It almost feels like they're playing to get lynched in some aspects, which honestly does make some sense as a scum play-style, but I'm kind of iffy on it.

Volxen is still my preferred lynch today. I'm not too opposed to a sesq lynch but I have a lot more reservations about it compared to volxen. Toranga/Dunn are my weakest nulls right now, so I probably won't cry a river over their lynches either, but volxen makes the most sense to me right now tbh.
I feel like sesq's position on the wagon was bad.

They alluded to agreeing with you but when I asked them to point out parts of volxen's play they agreed with all they've done is question dodge
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Reundo »

In post 391, Dunnstral wrote: I feel like sesq's position on the wagon was bad.

They alluded to agreeing with you but when I asked them to point out parts of volxen's play they agreed with all they've done is question dodge
I mean, I guess it's a bit weird they wouldn't just answer your question even if the answer is obvious to them, but what would scum!sesq gain by not answering your question straight-up? Wouldn't it just make more sense for them to answer your question directly? You also alluded to volxen being a town-read earlier -- has your opinion changed since then?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Huntress »

Finally caught up. It's nearly 3 am so I'm going to be brief.

Top scum read Keyser Söze. I really didn't like his attack on Reundo's first posts, particularly post . It was over the top and came across as an attempt to get the pressure off himself (although the pressure seemed to be dying down at that point).

Poseidon/Toranaga. Got a scummy vibe from and from Toranga's posting.

Volxen. Also possible scum.

Vote: Keyser Söze

I'll be around most of tomorrow to answer questions and change vote if necessary before deadline.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 385, Dunnstral wrote:tinfoil theory: Eragon is scum and his partner(s) felt the need to welcome him in thread to try to seem like they're not talking in pt

Guess this would apply to huntress too theoretically
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Flicker »

Votecount 1.13

Sesq (5)
- Dunnstral , northsidegal , the worst , volxen , Ausuka
volxen (3)
- Reundo , Sesq , Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze (1)
- Huntress
Toranaga (1)
- Irrelephant11
Huntress (1)
- Eragon

Not voting: Toranaga

The deadline for Day 1 is 1:52 pm CT on Tuesday, September 4, in (expired on 2018-09-04 14:51:53).
Last edited by Flicker on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Eragon »

umm...

i probably wont be able to do anything before the deadline...

so ill catchup(maybe) during the next day and maybe be around for some idle chatter/direct question talk stuff.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 392, Reundo wrote:You also alluded to volxen being a town-read earlier -- has your opinion changed since then?
Kind of a townread yeah, I think more importantly for me is that I didn't like the way his wagon built up (after you, there is no discussion and people aren't able to explain what it is they actually agree with)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 393, Huntress wrote:Finally caught up. It's nearly 3 am so I'm going to be brief.

Top scum read Keyser Söze. I really didn't like his attack on Reundo's first posts, particularly post . It was over the top and came across as an attempt to get the pressure off himself (although the pressure seemed to be dying down at that point).

Poseidon/Toranaga. Got a scummy vibe from and from Toranga's posting.

Volxen. Also possible scum.

Vote: Keyser Söze

I'll be around most of tomorrow to answer questions and change vote if necessary before deadline.
how do you feel about our leading wagons of volxen and sesq? any townreads?
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by the worst »

hot take: we need to hammer Sesq who will do nothing to defend themselves or flashwagon volxen who is one rung townier and will become extremely obvious later if scum

:]
--

Return to “Completed Open Games”