[SETUP] Factory

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

My gut says that this could be easily broken if it's the first setup.

Assuming that town becomes an alignment cop, Mafia have two options: kill someone who they think will be the cop, or try to outright kill the Cop Inventor.

I think this may be a problem late game, especially if a mass claim occurs.

Let's say A, B, and C became alignment Cops and checked D, E, and F. This could possibly mean you have 6 confirmed townies because the Inventor (if they're alive when mass claim comes) can confirm that they targeted those people, who the confirm that they targeted the other people.

It's like the Mafia has to deal with 6 cops rather than just one at a time.

To be honest, I'd probably change the Alignment/Role Cop to a Vanilla Cop or Neapolitan for both alignments. Don't make the invention change based on alignment. This way it's a little more ambiguous concerning results. As always, Vanilla Cop favors scum and Neapolitan favors town.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Actually, I'd probably make the Inventor restricted somehow. Make them a 2-Shot or add another type of modifier onto their role card, such as Indecisive.

I don't think scum could be screwed over by getting a role cop over the alignment cop, but I think it's towing the line of being guilty via mechanics.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”