Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12866, Frozen Angel wrote:I only picked players to make sure something will happen. IDR what though. And I only chose players from a list that would make that happen

math picking petrify that night was so scummy
Lol no it isn’t. Petrify is was and always will be a flipless vig.

I commented on why in dead chat.

Just because it isn’t what you’re used to doesn’t make it scummy.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12876 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12872, Drixx wrote:
In post 12724, Ankamius wrote:
In post 12717, Ankamius wrote:other than nancy was obvscum d1 etc.
In post 12718, Ankamius wrote:(that's not me bragging about a read, that's me hating the fact that I gave up a very strong correct scumread for shitty reasons)
Just to point out,

Nancy actually played really damn well this game, having a playerlist of this caliber and not only surviving for most of the game but also being locked town for a good chunk of that survival time is a very impressive feat for sone's first ever scumgame. I'd be very proud of this game.
Going to mostly agree except for her usage of personal attacks as a way to get people to back off. The faked confusion about things was really good though. It took awhile before she slipped up and outed that as being fake, and at that point she knew she was a sinking ship I think.
Nancy did really good here. She took a lot of tips and made them her own.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12877 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12867, Frozen Angel wrote:I also called nancy scum right after that and math went and started pushing my read and then me right after that.

It was the turning point of the game.
I think the turning point was much earlier or later on depending on context.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12878 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12862, Sando wrote:
In post 12859, Frozen Angel wrote:And yes I said again I have a special personality that makes everyone think whetever I'm saying is me being an aggressive defensive person but I was pretty much debating your ideas about this not defending myself from anything.
I tend to posit things in fairly blunt factual terms and separate from my actual opinions, which freaks people out.

You can read dead thread around Day 7 when I'm explaining why Math is mechanically town and everyone is freaking to fuck out :lol:. I knew Math was scum, I was simply explaining the mechanical reason that he wasn't.

In hindsight it's a massive scumtell from Math and not from you to be that defensive. Math obviously thinks pretty similarly to me, the interaction with Sakura in the dead-thread shows she can put herself in my position very well. Sakura is technically right but unable or unwilling to put themselves in my shoes. The response of "yeah I can see how you think that, but you're wrong" is what I'd expect from a town!Math now, having never played town with them :P
Please he.
Or they.

Not she.

This goes for all of the posts calling me female.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12879 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12861, Sakura Hana wrote:This game and postgame left me with a lot of mixed feelings.
+3.14159
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12880 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12859, Frozen Angel wrote:yeah ok

I don't care about how this scum team thought about me as a leader but I only got leader cause town wanted it every day I became a leader in. I did put nancy in my townblock day 1 since I felt she is her naive town self. I warned everyone that I don't know her scum game and this just feels town game cause torgana also feels like that and I trusted ufo judgement on that read back then, I started questioning/slow pushing nancy day 3 till the moment I died. I was the first in doing that.

And yes I said again I have a special personality that makes everyone think whetever I'm saying is me being an aggressive defensive person but I was pretty much debating your ideas about this not defending myself from anything.
We actually made you leader intentionally
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12881 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12852, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 12724, Ankamius wrote:
In post 12717, Ankamius wrote:other than nancy was obvscum d1 etc.
In post 12718, Ankamius wrote:(that's not me bragging about a read, that's me hating the fact that I gave up a very strong correct scumread for shitty reasons)
Just to point out,

Nancy actually played really damn well this game, having a playerlist of this caliber and not only surviving for most of the game but also being locked town for a good chunk of that survival time is a very impressive feat for sone's first ever scumgame. I'd be very proud of this game.
:oops:

<3 <3 <3
Nancy to be frank and as I said in scum PT won this game despite the loss.

<3 I agree with the personal attacks comments but as Ank said everyone was heated.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12882 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12847, Sando wrote:
In post 12845, Frozen Angel wrote:Like what do you even call defensive? where was I ever pushed? I was questioned for a while and I tried to answer them. How is that being defensive? what should I have done instead? not answering the questions about my slot?
Every time I was like "maybe we shouldn't continuously stack leaders on FA" it was "zomg I CANNOT believe you'd say that?! SCUM!".

I suggested that scum were happy to have you as leader and "zomg I CANNOT believe you'd say that?! SCUM!".
We were. FA was going what we wanted.

Why would we want distribution of power when you all took BP when I was gonna petrify you all
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12883 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12817, Toranaga wrote:I learn with math every game, especially when he is scum, cause he shows so much confidence with wrong mechanics it's like he believes that stuff to its core. and he is certainly loud and convincing in the correct direction. it's really amazing scum play. props to him.

also nancy played a good scum game but one that I will totally catch her with next time :P
I did actually.
Pro tip I rarely lie as scum. I am bad at it.
I change definitions to make it work.

If the town block was indeed all town bombing was the right play.

The only time I lied was when I lied by omission.

Tracker circle jerk of 6 in the lynch pool was absolutely the best play. Or 6 in the town pool.

Gives you a lot on who could and couldn’t do the scum kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12884 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

Okay there were other times I lied but that was the notable one. Invests don’t really work en mass because they can confirm themselves or act as a roleblocker
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12885 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah sure. thanks for helping me to become the leader then.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12886 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12805, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 12803, Sando wrote:Wait math actually had precog and just lied for the sake of it? Or he didn't have the chance to use it because of using another power or something?

Why lie?
He didnt want to let town know some of the powers that were coming that night.
Also that night math used not precog, so the next set of powers were 100% lie
Pretty much I was falling apart
Next set of powers had precog
Tor never made a case so if he saw precog on it he could argue I am expendable as townUFO tends to do (albeit more kinder than that)
This meant lying about the powers
Which meant using my rig

If I true claimed Tor wins that every time and I die.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12887 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

It moved the time table up a day. :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12888 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

I noted it a few times in my private PT, FA

I was worried that Sakura was being pushed up to being leader over me so scum could have a puppet leader
Then I was pushed up anyways and was killed

Nobody that I know of noticed that correlation, which should've been a red flag of some kind.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12889 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

btw the mass bombing thing was just objectively a bad idea

It might've been more obvious if I had gotten channeled since I was getting reads on slots that were 'lurkers' as well as the hyperposters, but the biggest issue with the bombing plan is that it doesn't give you information like lynching + killing does. Sure it just wins you the game outright if you're right... but again, Cerb and I were both killed the first two nights, a slot that is very competent at working setups and one of the biggest slots in keeping everybody on track regarding the setup. That's a red flag that town probably isn't in a position to be taking that kind of risk.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12890 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Anywho I am at work and main thoughts at home
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12891 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Yeah, I don't appreciate being called a puppet leader repeatedly if it wasn't obvious.

and I don't like to continue discussing this.

and I don't give a fuck why scum thought I could be a good leader for them to vote me for it.

My final reads were nearly all accurate though and my wrong pick was nancy and that was not even my read. I take no responsibility for math town reads. I had an initial townread on her and thrown it to trash can when I saw the way she was defending nancy/acting about powers. that day I chose math in the group since he was the councious read and he was already up as a leadership choice by others and I had to allow him to protect himself as a potential leader.

This was brought up repeatedly during the game, first by titus, claiming I'm a puppet or some shit mid game and now it's mentioned post-game

Let me be blunt: I DON'T CARE what you thought about me and if you helped or didn't help to make me a leader. I got the leadership 3 times, 2 times of that was not changeable by scum during the night since it was decided during the day. So yeah talk about it however you like as much as you like.

so stop talking about this garbage and harassing topic if I wasn't clear. If you have any actual criticism about my play I will listen.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12892 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

on him*

I saw the way he was*

and by discussing stuff about my actual game I mean talk about the stuff that I could do better, in way of choosing my party or forming/pushing my read.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12893 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

that rant had redundant similar sentences!

but yeah. it's annoying me now. why do you want to keep pressuring me from that narrative? I had no control over how scum wanted me as a leader or not. I had control over how I played the leader in the game. The first means absolutely nothing. the second is about my ability in playing the game. if there is anything to be discussed about the second I'll listen.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12894 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

you didn't play bad

town overall just had deathtunnel vision on powers and it made everybody play worse as a consequence
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12895 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

FA

if it benefited scum in some way for you to do a certain thing, it's very worth looking at so you can potentially see that situation again in the future and correctly determine it's scum influence
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12896 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

WHAT certain thing did I do for scum in this game?!

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12897 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

how exactly was I a puppet?

I was the first one who called nancy scum.

I didn't put math on my list. Other players did by choosing him as leader.

I was pushing creature with torgana.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12898 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

idk

Math explained to me in private why specifically he wanted me killed, but I don't remember enough about the game to answer why it was net positive for scum for you to be leader

it probably had to do with power distribution? idk
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12899 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

FA

I called Nancy scum on day one :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”