xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Mini 2032: TAZ Mafia: Murder on the Rockport Limited [over]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

welcome to The Adventure Zone Mafia: Murder on the Rockport Limited!

here's a list of players:
  1. xRECKONERx
  2. Gammagooey
  3. Varsoon
  4. skitter30
  5. northsidegal
  6. Kokichi Oma
  7. Irrelephant11
  8. Gamma Emerald
    (replacing RadiantCowbells)

9. Porkens
  10. Nosferatu
  11. Creature
  12. SirCakez
  13. Shoshin
here's a list of players who are alive:

Spoiler: living players
  1. northsidegal
  2. Gamma Emerald
  3. Porkens
  4. Nosferatu

here's a list of players who have died:

important game events:
  1. day 1 start/votecount 1.01
  2. votecount 1.02
  3. votecount 1.03
  4. votecount 1.04
  5. votecount 1.05
  6. votecount 1.06
  7. votecount 1.07
  8. votecount 1.08
  9. votecount 1.09
  10. votecount 1.10
  11. votecount 1.11
  12. votecount 1.12
  13. votecount 1.13
  14. votecount 1.14
  15. votecount 1.15
  16. votecount 1.16
  17. Gamma Emerald replaces RadiantCowbells
  18. votecount 1.17
  19. votecount 1.18
  20. votecount 1.19
  21. votecount 1.20
  22. votecount 1.21
  23. votecount 1.22
  24. votecount 1.23
  25. votecount 1.24
  26. votecount 1.25
  27. votecount 1.26
  28. votecount 1.27
  29. votecount 1.28/day 1 end
  30. day 2 start/votecount 2.01
  31. Varsoon dies
  32. votecount 2.02
  33. votecount 2.03
  34. votecount 2.04
  35. votecount 2.05/day 2 end
  36. day 3 start/votecount 3.01
  37. votecount 3.02
  38. votecount 3.03
  39. votecount 3.04
  40. votecount 3.05
  41. votecount 3.06
  42. votecount 3.07
  43. votecount 3.08
  44. votecount 3.09
  45. votecount 3.10/day 3 end
  46. day 4 start/votecount 4.01
  47. votecount 4.02
  48. votecount 4.03
  49. votecount 4.04 not found
  50. votecount 4.05/day 4 end
  51. day 5 start/votecount 5.01
  52. votecount 5.02
  53. votecount 5.03
  54. votecount 5.04
  55. votecount 5.05
  56. votecount 5.06
  57. votecount 5.07/day 5 end
  58. day 6 start/votecount 6.01
  59. votecount 6.02
  60. votecount 6.03/game over
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 am, edited 53 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:18 am

Post by xyzzy »

1. site rules:

2. obey all site rules. you can read the site rules here.
  3. do not discuss the game in any capacity outside of this game thread unless your role gives you explicit permission to do so. if you are allowed to do so, I will provide you with a private topic where you can do so.
  4. do not harass other players in this game. while a certain level of confrontation and argumentation is typical in Mafia games, do not bring personal vendettas or outside influences into the game. additionally, do not harm or threaten to harm any person.

game conduct:

5. play to win the game. there is a chance that you will lose the game, but do your best to avoid that, and do not deliberately throw the game.
  6. do not use the color #8C0000.
  7. do not use any sort of cryptography, hidden text, or other similar methods to hide information in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so. if you are unsure of what is not allowed, PM me for clarification.
  8. do not quote information from private threads or from the moderator.

joining the game, leaving the game, and activity:

9. at the beginning of the game, you will receive a role PM. please confirm by telling me your alignment, any players whose alignment you know, and any abilities you have.
  10. if you will be away from the site for a set period of time, please post in the thread letting the other players know this and PM me, and update the "Vacation / Limited Access" info in the User Control Panel. I will be more lenient regarding inactivity if you are V/LA, but I may need to replace you if you will be gone for an extended period of time. if you are regularly V/LA at certain times (such as during the weekend), you only need to do this once.
  11. if you do not post for 48 hours or more, I will prod you (or send you a reminder to check in when possible if you have announced that you are V/LA); failure to respond to prods or needing to be prodded repeatedly throughout the game might result in a replacement.
  12. if you need to be replaced for any reason, you may message me with information to be passed on to the player who replaces you. this isn't mandatory, but if there's strategic advice you'd like to offer to whomever replaces you, you can do this.

gameplay:

13. living players may vote to lynch living players by writing
    vote: player
    or VOTE: player in the game thread. you may also vote for no lynch.
  14. living players may vote to give living players a Fantasy Gachapon item by writing
    Gachapon vote: player
    in the game thread.
  15. once the majority of living players are voting to lynch a player, that player will die. each player voting for that player will receive a particular amount of gold as described in their role PM.
  16. once the day ends, the player with the most Fantasy Gachapon votes (or, in case of a tie, one of the players tied for the most Fantasy Gachapon votes chosen at random) will receive an item from the Fantasy Gachapon. this item will be publicly revealed and will be immediately usable.
  17. if you have died, please do not post in the thread anymore. you are not officially considered dead until I announce your death in the game thread.
  18. each day has a two week deadline. if the deadline passes and no majority has been achieved, the day will end without a lynch. no player will receive gold, but a player will still receive an item from the Fantasy Gachapon.
  19. each night, players may spend gold they have received on items at the Fantasy Costco. items purchased can be used immediately or held onto for later.
  20. there are an unlimited number of each Fantasy Costco item available, and the items that are available will not change.
  21. this game is confirmed to only have two factions.
  22. players may use any number of abilities each night, but each ability may be used only once each night. for example, a player who has purchased two Extreme Teen Bibles cannot use both of them in the same night.
  23. a sample role PM is included at the bottom of this post.

moderator responsibilities:

24. I will not edit your posts unless your post breaks the rules in such a way that information needs to be removed from it or quotes a post that does that, or you ask me to edit it to fix a broken tag. I will provide a brief explanation of the edit and, in cases of fixing broken tags, will end the post with a spoiler containing the complete original text of the post.
  25. if you have a pronoun listed on your account, I will use that to refer to you. otherwise, I will default to referring to you as "they"/"them". if you do not have a pronoun listed on your account but wish for me to refer to you using some other pronoun, message me to let me know.
  26. I will do my best to keep the game running as smoothly as possible, but there will be times when I'm not around. I should be able to update the game at least once a day, and I will let you know if I believe that might change.
  27. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary.

the most important, most fundamental rules of all:

28. remember the Midnight Amendments:
    1. be cool.
    2. c’mon.
    3. nice.
  29. thanks for vibing and keeping it tight. if you need me, I'm on my mobile.

sample role PM
Griffin McElroy, Dungeon Master

"it's just a matter of timing, that if I can grab the back of the train, then I don't have to do shit. but that would probably require an immense dexterity roll."
"yeah, and if you fail this... I kill you. listen, baby, risk and reward! if you do it, it'll be fucking rad! if you don't do it... you'll die, and you'll have to start a new character!"

alignment:
you are aligned with the town.
win condition:
you win when only members of your faction are left alive or nothing can prevent this.

The Adventure Zone: Balance
Dungeon Master:
you were the Dungeon Master for all 69 (nice) episodes of the
Balance
campaign of the popular actual play podcast
The Adventure Zone
. in addition to making a lot of people cry in real life with your expert storytelling, you also composed a bunch of great music for the show, are currently running the
Amnesty
campaign, and most recently saw the first volume of the graphic novel adaptation of the
Balance
arc
become a #1 New York Times bestseller.
sweet baby brother and Forbes 30 under 30 media luminary:
you're the youngest of the McElroy brothers, who in addition to playing tabletop games with their dad, also record an absurdly large number of other podcasts. some of the ones you're involved in include
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Wonderful
, and a guest appearance in
Bubble
. that last one has Lisa Loeb in it! you've done a podcast with Lisa Loeb! wow!

lynch vote:
you can vote for another player to be lynched in the game thread. once a majority of votes cast are for the same person, that player will die and the day will end.
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 80 gold. you will receive an additional 90 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
you can vote for another player to receive an item from the Fantasy Gachapon in the game thread. once the day ends, the player with the most votes (or one of the players with the most votes chosen at random if two or more players are tied) will receive a random item from the Fantasy Gachapon.
spend gold:
each night, you may spend gold you have accrued on items available from the Fantasy Costco. these are outlined in the third post of the game thread.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:21 am

Post by xyzzy »

item nameitem costitem description
Unlimited Pasta Pass
100 gold
can be used at any participating Olive Garden for free, unlimited pasta for the owner of the pass and free soft drinks for their guests.
Extreme Teen Bible
200 gold
"will you read the description of the Extreme Teen Bible?"
"yeah, I know."
"will you -- just read it out loud."
"he thought you wanted him to read it to himself! contemplate it!"

once, at night, you can target another player, and that player will be protected from death that night.
Stones of Farspeech
200 gold
"and each of you now has one of the Stones of Farspeech, like I’m just gonna go ahead and hand them out."
"so you guys can be in your different treehouses in different parts of town, just like, "hey, you up?"
"we'll come up with a special language that only we can understand later."
"hey, A/S/L?"

once, at night, you can target two players, and you will gain a private topic with those two players.
Pocket Spa
200 gold
"are you both looking at it?"
"I'm thinking about it seriously."
"is this some kind of like cursed bag that drives people insane?"
"and Magnus, you're looking at it?"
"yeah."
"okay, while they're looking at it, I buy the Pocket Spa and
dip
."

each night, you may choose to become ascetic, which will prevent all non-kill actions that would target you that night.
Scuttle Buddy
300 gold
"and I want a warranty. there's gotta be a warranty."
"uh, the Bible doesn't need a warranty, sir. it's the Good Book. it'll never stop being good."
"and to be fair, the Scuttle Buddy is designed to break. it says it right there on the tag."
"yeah, the Scuttle Buddy's gonna break, so I'll insure it for another 300 gold."
"which is the purchase price of the Scuttle Buddy."

twice, at night, you can activate the Scuttle Buddy, and you will be informed of which players targeted you that night.
Lens of Straight Creepin'
400 gold
"alright, I’m eyeballing the mystery bag and the Lens of Straight Creepin’, but I also want that, uh, the Tankard of Potent Drink."
"oh, sure, why don't you just take everything in the store without paying for any of it?"
"I'll give you 700 for those 3 items in total."
"I think you should have to roll to haggle, right?"
"yes! prepare to contest me, Garfield, the Deals Warlock, in a test of mercantile wits!"

once, at night, you can target another player, and you will learn who that player targeted that night.
Wand of Switcheroo
500 gold
"I need to change the Wand of Switcheroo. before you decide to buy it, it has three charges, that seems like way crazy powerful, and I didn’t think about that. I think just one is probably enough. so you go ahead and say it, but keep in mind."
"when pointed at another creature of similar size within a hundred feet and activated, the holder will switch places with the target if it is willing. if the target is unwilling, it must exceed a DC 17 constitution saving throw to remain in place. holds three charges, but apparently one now."
"yeah, three charges, you could just be fuckin' switcherooin' all day every day."
"just Nightcrawlering all over the place."

once, at night, you can target another player, and for the rest of the game, all actions that would target either you or your target will instead target the other player; additionally, if one of you would be lynched, instead the other one of you will be lynched.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 am

Post by xyzzy »

I won't be able to send out role PMs until tonight, but I posted these here so you can read 'em!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

role PMs sent out! remember to confirm.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

still waiting on one player to pick up their role PM; they have until 72 hours have passed since sending them to pick it up, so a day and a few hours.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

searching for a brassherald replacement.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

we waited a long time, but it's finally here! that's right -- it's time for more of

THE ADVENTURE ZONE!

votecount 1.0113 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

with 13 votes, it takes 7 to lynch.

13 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:00:00).

mod notes: brassherald has been replaced by Kokichi Oma.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator and your best friend.

votecount 1.022 players voting for Gammagooey for lynch (RadiantCowbells, Shoshin)
2 players voting for RadiantCowbells (Gammagooey, SirCakez)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Nosferatu)
1 player voting for skitter30 for lynch (Irrelephant11)

7 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Porkens, Creature)

with 13 votes, it takes 7 to lynch.

1 player voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11)

12 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes: I have a very exciting thing to announce: one person from the winning faction of this game will receive a copy of the first volume of the graphic novel adaptation of
The Adventure Zone
! you'll need to be someone who 1)doesn't already own it, 2)lives somewhere where shipping from the United States isn't outrageously overpriced, and 3)is comfortable providing me with your mailing address. other than that it'll be a random person from the winning faction, or if for some reason there is no one from the winning faction who wants it, a random player.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your #1
Trolls 2
fan! for some reason I have to go watch
Trolls 2
in a couple years!

votecount 1.035 players voting for RadiantCowbells (Gammagooey, SirCakez, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (northsidegal, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Gammagooey for lynch (Shoshin, Creature)
1 player voting for skitter30 (RadiantCowbells)

3 players not voting for lynch (Varsoon, skitter30, Kokichi Oma)

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

12 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes: I interpreted as a vote for RadiantCowbells, but to avoid ambiguity, please try to avoid nicknames that are distant from someone's actual username.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #94 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 93, xRECKONERx wrote:
@mod: I'm about to get brutally fucked by hurricane florence and could be without power for up to 3 weeks. I will keep you updated on replacement status after the worst of it is over
stay safe!!!

I am at the edge of the area expected to be affected by the hurricane so while it's unlikely that I'll be out of power for anything approaching this long, I might be unavailable for a bit -- either way, this is definitely the type of situation where a significant deadline extension might happen if necessary.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 95, skitter30 wrote:
@xyzzy
what happens if there's a tie for the gacha vote at the end of the day?
one of the tied players is chosen at random -- that should've been in the rules, but apparently while writing them I forgot to include that. I have revised rule 15 accordingly.

V/LA noted.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your bread bowl. you can put soup in me and then you have soup-flavored bread?

votecount 1.043 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (northsidegal, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for skitter30 (RadiantCowbells, Shoshin)
1 player voting for Gammagooey for lynch (Creature)
1 player voting for SirCakez (Gammagooey)
1 player voting for Porkens (SirCakez)

1 player voting for Nosferatu for Fantasy Gachapon (Gammagooey)

11 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #125 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your
Monopoly
rival. I just bought Boardwalk!

votecount 1.054 players voting for skitter30 (RadiantCowbells, Shoshin, Irrelephant11, SirCakez)
3 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (northsidegal)

1 player voting for Nosferatu for Fantasy Gachapon (Gammagooey)

11 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #229 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your soggy fries. I mean, they're better than nothing.

votecount 1.063 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
3 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, skitter30, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for skitter30 (Shoshin, SirCakez)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (northsidegal)
1 player voting for Creature (Nosferatu)

2 players not voting for lynch (Varsoon, Kokichi Oma)

2 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30)

11 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Varsoon, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes: 1)in the event of a tie for the Fantasy Gachapon vote, the recipient of the Fantasy Gachapon prize will be public knowledge. 2)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #250 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your concierge. I'll take those bags for you!

votecount 1.073 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
2 players voting for skitter30 (Shoshin, SirCakez)
2 players voting for SirCakez (Gammagooey, Kokichi Oma)

1 player not voting for lynch (Varsoon)

3 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)

9 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Varsoon, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes: 1)in the event of a tie for the Fantasy Gachapon vote, the recipient of the Fantasy Gachapon prize will be public knowledge. 2)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #325 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your PS4
Spider-Man
spoiler warning! be sure not to click on a stream because it might tell you critical plot developments!

votecount 1.083 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
2 players voting for SirCakez (Gammagooey, Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for skitter30 (SirCakez)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Varsoon)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Shoshin)

0 players not voting for lynch

3 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon)

8 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes:[/post]
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #352 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your too-many-votecounts-in-a-24-hour-period doomsayer. this is the sixth one in 24 hours! that's a votecount every 4 hours! that's too much and we're all doomed!

votecount 1.093 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, skitter30, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Varsoon)

8 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes:[/post]
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #449 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

you have reached the bottom of page 18.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #450 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your... uh... babysitter. I'm putting you on time out!

votecount 1.103 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11)
3 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon)
2 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, Porkens)
1 player voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells)
1 player voting for Porkens (Gammagooey)

1 player not voting for lynch (skitter30)

1 player voting for RadiantCowbells for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

7 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

mod notes: I accidentally left a "[/post]" in the mod notes of my last votecount, like a fool and a coward.
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #474 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

you have reached the bottom of page 19.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #475 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your pagetop poet. I have stolen the pagetop that was in the thread and which you were probably saving for a wall post.

votecount 1.114 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Nosferatu)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, Porkens)
1 player voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells)

2 players voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon, xRECKONERx)

6 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

mod notes: searching for a replacement for RadiantCowbells.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #527 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:52 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your durnk vandal. by that i mean i just watched
American VAndla
season 2 and it was a LOT and also i am intoxicared with alcohol. i apologize for any votecount errors due to alcohol

votecount 1.123 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon)
3 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, Nosferatu, Creature)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (Porkens)

6 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

mod notes: searching for a replacement for RadiantCowbells.
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #562 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

RadiantCowbells is no longer being replaced and is instead just in the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #565 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your Pokemon trainer. go, Reuniclus, kick everybody's ass!

votecount 1.134 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
4 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, northsidegal)
2 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, Nosferatu)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #638 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and Earth's last hope. I'm gonna negotiate with these aliens and then I'm gonna save the planet!

votecount 1.145 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, northsidegal, Nosferatu)
1 player voting for Irrelephant11 (RadiantCowbells)

2 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, Porkens)

mod notes: I interpreted as a vote for Gammagooey -- in theory, the other votes existed for a bit, but because neither of them ended the day, they don't affect anything.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #700 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your chiropractor. your back is all fucked up and I'm gonna fix it!

votecount 1.154 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, Nosferatu)
1 player voting for Irrelephant11 (northsidegal)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (RadiantCowbells)

2 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, Porkens)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #750 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your personal shopper. I don't know what a personal shopper does. is that like those apps where you can have groceries delivered to you? is that a different thing? this was a bad bit.

votecount 1.164 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, Nosferatu)
4 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (RadiantCowbells)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (skitter30)

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, RadiantCowbells)

5 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #761 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

after giving it some serious thought myself and consulting with another person with whom I discussed the topic, I'm replacing RadiantCowbells (with xRECKONERx staying in the game); his comments to xRECKONERx regarding the hurricane are extremely out of line, and I believe this is the best choice for the overall health of the game. if you have comments or concerns you wish to have addressed regarding this decision, I would ask that you do so via PM rather than here in the thread.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #783 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Gamma Emerald replaces RadiantCowbells.

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your sleepy friend. I just woke up from a nap!

votecount 1.174 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
4 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11, Nosferatu)
2 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature)
2 players voting for Gammagooey (skitter30, SirCakez)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald)

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

5 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #870 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your tired friend. I am ready for a nap!

votecount 1.184 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu)
3 players voting for Gammagooey (skitter30, SirCakez, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature)

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, Gamma Emerald)

mod notes: northsidegal has been prodded.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #914 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your fresh, clean towel. get yourself dry!

votecount 1.194 players voting for Gammagooey (skitter30, SirCakez, Irrelephant11, Creature)
3 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu)
1 player voting for Creature (Varsoon)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #915 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

by the way y'all check this out

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #926 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 916, Porkens wrote:How’d you get those welts?
I have very sensitive skin! those happened when I was putting the bracer on
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #954 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your basketball coach. just, like, run back and forth across the court for a bit.

votecount 1.205 players voting for Gammagooey (skitter30, SirCakez, Irrelephant11, Creature, Nosferatu)
3 players voting for Irrelephant11 (northsidegal, Varsoon, Porkens)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx)
2 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #962 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your platonic life partner. we're just, like, friends and stuff!

votecount 1.217 players voting for Gammagooey (skitter30, SirCakez, Irrelephant11, Creature, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Irrelephant11 (northsidegal, Varsoon)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:09:00)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #963 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

I briefly forgot that the lynch threshold is 8, not 7. carry on, with an extra 9 minutes added to the deadline.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #985 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your musical calendar. do you remember the 21st night of September?

votecount 1.225 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Irrelephant11, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Irrelephant11 (northsidegal, Varsoon)
1 player voting for skitter30 (Creature)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1005 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your obsessive food logger. this is my life now.

votecount 1.234 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
3 players voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1026 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your continued musical calendar. I desperately need to know for sure whether you remember.

votecount 1.244 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
3 players voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1068 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and, for the last time of the day, your musical calendar. I am pleading with you: verify whether or not whether you remember. also be sure to check out these messages from my previous votecounts from today, because they're really important.

votecount 1.254 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
3 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, Creature, northsidegal)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, Irrelephant11)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1108 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your cool horse.

votecount 1.264 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
3 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, Creature, northsidegal)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, Irrelephant11)

mod notes: Nosferatu has been prodded.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1128 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your second cousin. or maybe third. who can keep count?

votecount 1.273 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Irrelephant11)
3 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, northsidegal, Porkens)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, skitter30)
1 player voting for Porkens (Creature)

1 player not voting for lynch (Kokichi Oma)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1149 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your FACE

votecount 1.288 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, northsidegal, Porkens, Creature, Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, Gammagooey)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (skitter30, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez)

1 player voting for Varsoon for Fantasy Gachapon (Porkens)

4 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

the day has ended (for real this time!)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1150 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

this week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by Matt Doyle:

Matt Doyle: Is That Matt Doyle?

whenever you meet a new person, you should take some time to show that person a little bit of kindness; there's something special about meeting someone for the first time. they could be anyone at all! they might be heroes off on an adventure to save the world. they might be villains in search of infinite power who you will one day be able to tell a great story about. or maybe they'll just be three bumbling fools who you will remember fondly. the point is, everyone has a story -- even you. all of those stories are worth telling, even if not all of them will be remembered, so always make sure you're ready in case someone with a great story comes along. make sure you, y'know, leave the lights on.

Irrelephant11
Tom Bodett

"you guys want some mimosas?"
"no."
"*I* want mimosas."
"sorry, Tom Bodett, we've gotta get out of here."
"it's not a sprinkler party without mimosas."
"but we'll see you when we come through Rockport again."
"does anybody want a... kiss?"
"yes."

alignment:
win condition:
you win when only members of your faction are left alive or nothing can prevent this.

Keep the light on:
the city of Rockport is occupied by a large number of Tom Bodetts. one of those Tom Bodetts is PLAYERNAME, who you know to be a member of the town. you can communicate with the other Tom Bodett in this thread at any time:

lynch vote:
you can vote for another player to be lynched in the game thread. once a majority of votes cast are for the same person, that player will die and the day will end.
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 70 gold. you will receive an additional 130 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
you can vote for another player to receive an item from the Fantasy Gachapon in the game thread. once the day ends, the player with the most votes (or one of the players with the most votes chosen at random if two or more players are tied) will receive a random item from the Fantasy Gachapon.
spend gold:
each night, you may spend gold you have accrued on items available from the Fantasy Costco. these are outlined in the third post of the game thread.

Shoshin has received the following Fantasy Gachapon item:

1-shot neapolitan: you can target one player during the night to find out if that player is a vanilla townie.

night 1 has begun and will end in (expired on 2018-09-26 10:00:00).

refer to your role PM to find out how much gold you now have if you participated in this lynch.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1151 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh boy, day 2! my favorite part of Mafia games is finding out who died during the night! I sure would be bummed out if it turned out that no one died during night 1 of...

THE ADVENTURE ZONE!

no one died night 1.

votecount 2.0112 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

with 12 votes, it takes 7 to lynch.

12 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, Varsoon, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-10-10 12:40:00).

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1155 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 am

Post by xyzzy »

there's something about disguising yourself that helps you figure out who you really are; sure, you're pretending to be a different person, but being that person, even just for a bit, is really fundamental. so someone asks you what your name is, and your name is Taako, but you say it's Justin. why do you give that as your fake name? dude, I have no idea. or maybe it doesn't help you figure anything out at all, because you already knew who you were, and this whole "figuring yourself out" thing is horseshit. yeah, I think it's that one, actually. you already knew yourself perfectly.

Varsoon has died.

Varsoon
Taako

"my name's Taako. you probably recognize me from TV!"
"TV hasn't been invented yet, sir!"
"this is a place out of time. TV might have been invented."

alignment:
win condition:

Abraca-fuck-you:
the perfect wizard's retort will shut down whatever horseshit anyone else is up to with aplomb and style. once during the game, you can target another player at night. any ability that player uses that night will fail.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 60 gold. you will receive an additional 180 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1182 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your papercraft expert. now, you're gonna wanna fold that piece over... right, like that.

votecount 2.023 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, SirCakez, skitter30)

11 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Shoshin)

with 11 votes, it takes 6 to lynch.

1 player voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (skitter30)

10 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes: whoops, correcting RC appearing in VC 2.01. that's what I get for just copying and pasting 1.01 and changing it to 2.01...
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1225 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your hair. I'm all the hair on your body!

votecount 2.035 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, SirCakez, skitter30, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx)

7 players not voting for lynch (Gammagooey, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Shoshin)

10 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, Gammagooey, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1229 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1228, Gamma Emerald wrote:why is it 6 to lynch with 12 votes in play
typo, fixed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1263 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your big bag of weed. haha dude that's so
edgy

votecount 2.046 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, skitter30, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens, Shoshin)

6 players not voting for lynch (Gammagooey, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Nosferatu, SirCakez)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1265 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

votecount 2.057 players voting for Gammagooey (Creature, skitter30, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens, Shoshin, Gammagooey)

5 players not voting for lynch (northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Nosferatu, SirCakez)

1 player voting for Gammagooey for Fantasy Gachapon (Gammagooey)

9 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

the day has ended.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1266 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 am

Post by xyzzy »

this week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by the phrase "no worries":

No Worries: It's Amazing What a Few Schooners of Jolly Does for a Bloke.

when you've literally got the word "beheader" in your job title, pretty much the worst luck you can have is happening to be on a train where a murder mystery involving someone being beheaded happens. it's even worse when your whole schtick is based around how good you are at just cutting heads clean off with no difficulty and the beheaded person clearly had their head cut off with no difficulty. and it's even worse still when the main people investigating this beheading are three bumbling fools who are just as likely to cause a greater calamity as they are to actually solve the mystery. yep, all in all, being in that exact circumstance is the worst thing that can happen to you. at least you'll definitely never have to have any one-off side adventures with those three ever again. yeah, that'll probably never happen.

Gammagooey
Jess the Beheader

"listen, as the world heavyweight champion of the WWE, I know my way around some good chair usage."
"what's that stand for again?"
"the Midworld... Wrestling... Foundation."
"spelled without the 'F'."
"yeah, and without the 'M'."
"well, there was a lawsuit... it's very, very complicated."

alignment:
you are aligned with the mafia.
win condition:
factional nightkill:
each night, you or a member of your faction may target another player, and that player will die.

Soulbound axe:
you have a badass magic axe, and you're the coolest pro wrestler around. once during the day, you may type
kill: playername
in the game thread. the named player will immediately die, and you will receive half of that player's gold.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 140 gold. you will receive no additional gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

300 gold. yep, it's just 300 gold! that's not a magical item, so this is totally a flavor fail on my part. it's, uhhhhhhhhh, it's magical gold

night 2 has begun and will end in (expired on 2018-09-29 12:45:00).
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1267 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

jsyk even though it says night 2 ends a little before 1 pm tomorrow I will be very busy at 1 pm tomorrow, so look for day 3 to start at, like, uh, later on in the evening tomorrow. I will post panda pics as penance for the late start
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1268 (isolation #54) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by xyzzy »

sometimes I wonder how people read the flavor text in this game in their heads. I hope you're hearing this in the loud, altered pitch of the narrator who introduces each episode of...

THE ADVENTURE ZONE!

SirCakez has died.

we take it as a given that everyone is unique and special in their own way, and that's not untrue; certainly, there are folks who are genuinely unlike any other. but on a day to day basis, most strangers are going to see you as being a member of one or more very simple archetypes -- this is a funny person, this is a know-it-all, this is a cat lover. this person is Tom Bodett. just because you live in a city full of identical copies of yourself doesn't mean that you're not a unique person, but it does mean that you won't ever be seen that way. to them you'll just be another rube in a long quest to save the world as inefficiently as possible. and if you end up in front of those train tracks, well, maybe you should've done a better job keeping the lights on.

SirCakez
Tom Bodett

"Griffin, can I make a perception check to find out if I know if Rockport is just populated by all Tom Bodetts?"
"it's like House of Wax, they're all animatronically--"
"I rolled a 16."
"yep, it's all Bodetts."
"okay, it's Bodetts all the way down."

alignment:
win condition:

Keep the light on:
the city of Rockport is occupied by a large number of Tom Bodetts. one of those Tom Bodetts is Irrelephant11, who you know to be a member of the town. you can communicate with the other Tom Bodett in this thread at any time:

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 70 gold. you will receive an additional 130 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

votecount 3.019 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, Shoshin)

with 9 votes, it takes 5 to lynch.

9 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, Shoshin)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-10-14 01:30:00).

mod notes: as promised, panda pics! also, some other pictures of other cute animals at the Smithsonian National Zoo, and a couple videos of an especially sleepy panda.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1302 (isolation #55) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your very tired person. I'm just so exhausted.

votecount 3.029 players not voting for lynch (xRECKONERx, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, Shoshin)

9 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, skitter30, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, Shoshin)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1346 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your daughter. I bet you didn't even know you had one of those!

votecount 3.033 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Kokichi Oma, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin)

6 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature)

with 10 votes, it takes 6 to lynch.

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1358 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:39 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1350, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@mod Reck’s vote on me counts for 2
this error has been corrected.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1379 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and Goofy from
Kingdom Hearts
. remember that scene in the second game where I just fucking died?

votecount 3.044 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Kokichi Oma, xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Nosferatu)
2 players voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, Gamma Emerald)

4 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, northsidegal, Porkens, Creature)

with 10 votes, it takes 6 to lynch.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1399 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

you have reached the bottom of page 56.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1400 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your presidential alert. I'm sorry for that obnoxious noise I made your phone do a few minutes ago.

votecount 3.052 players voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald (Nosferatu)

6 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, northsidegal, Porkens, Creature, Kokichi Oma, xRECKONERx)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1486 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your mouth.

votecount 3.062 players voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, northsidegal)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Nosferatu, xRECKONERx)

4 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, Porkens, Creature, Kokichi Oma)

mod notes: re:, I can't actually recall if I've ever put a hated player in one of my setups before, but I generally make decisions like that on a case-by-case basis based on the balance of the rest of the setup.
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1487 (isolation #62) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by xyzzy »

oh also Porkens and Creature have been prodded!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1515 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your weed dealer. hey do you mind if I just stick around for a few hours and we can, like, watch
Rick and Morty
or something? no? okay, I guess.

votecount 3.074 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Nosferatu, xRECKONERx, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, northsidegal)

3 players not voting for lynch (skitter30, Creature, Gamma Emerald)

mod notes: Shoshin has been prodded.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1657 (isolation #64) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter. nah, just kidding, I have very little musical talent.

votecount 3.084 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Nosferatu, xRECKONERx, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (Creature)
1 player voting for Nosferatu (Gamma Emerald)

2 players voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for northsidegal for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx)

3 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (skitter30, Porkens, Creature)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1713 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your graphic novel preview pages.

votecount 3.093 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
3 players voting for xRECKONERx (Creature, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Gamma Emerald, xRECKONERx, Porkens)

2 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (skitter30, Creature)

mod notes: northsidegal has been prodded. also seriously go check out those preview pages for the graphic novel adaptation of the podcast arc that this game is based on!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1743 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your pinhead.

votecount 3.105 players voting for xRECKONERx (Creature, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, skitter30)
3 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, Porkens, Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin)

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Gamma Emerald, xRECKONERx, Porkens)

2 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (skitter30, Creature)

the day has ended.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1744 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by Encarta:

Encarta: I Don't Still Have That Disc.

being the one who rushes in when there's a disaster sometimes means that you have to put yourself at risk; sure, sometimes it's just throwing a dog in a fire and not having to really deal with the consequences because your buddies have your back and happen to be really good at casting Charm Person, but sometimes it's pulling off wild, stupid, ridiculous train stunts because we're running out of time and if you don't get this jump right you're absolutely going to die, and when it's the latter, well, it doesn't matter how many allies you've got on your side -- it's do or die. someone's gotta rush in and do train stunts.

xRECKONERx
Magnus Burnsides

"it's called the Oculus, and it is able to turn anything you create with illusion magic into something real, into something tangible."
"but that sounds great!"
"it really sounds awesome."
"it's really great, unless you use it to conjure an illusory army, or some sort of illusory dragon--"
"still sounds great. very great."
"or an illusory black hole that then destroys the world."
"not seeing a downside."
"but we could've used that for so much good!"
"you cannot use the Grand Relics for good. their power overwhelms and inevitably leads only to evil."
"Griffin, in case you're wondering, this is the scene at which we start to plant the seed of, like, oh, 20 episodes from now when Magnus splinters off and is like 'we can use these for good.' this is the beginning of it."
"oh, I see, I see, I see."
"yeah, this is the endgame, we're setting the scene for the endgame."
"we could have used it for good! the power, as long as it was wielded responsibly!"
"you better keep that shit in check. cause that sort of thinking will consume you, and tear you apart from your friends, and lead you to create a rival Bureau faction."
"you're probably right; this will probably never come up again."

alignment:
win condition:

Magnus rushes in:
you don't wait to kick off a plan of attack, and as long as you don't hesitate, it usually works sometimes. the first vote you cast each day will instead count as two votes. note that this will increase the number of votes in the game, which might change the number of votes required to achieve a lynch.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 30 gold. you will receive an additional 220 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

1-shot jailkeeper: you can target one player during the night; all actions that player would perform that night and all other actions that would target that player will fail.

night 3 has begun and will end in (expired on 2018-10-12 23:20:00).
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1745 (isolation #68) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:41 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh hey by the way when night 3 officially ends I'm gonna be on the road driving to Ontario sooooooo definitely expect a delay on day 4 starting
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1746 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by xyzzy »

listen y'all I
could
start day 4 now but I drove f i v e h u n d r e d a n d t h i r t y - n i n e miles today and the idea of having to think about literally anything is the worst concept in the world to me, so: the start of day 4 will be... later. almost certainly tomorrow. unfortunately I don't have any new photos of pandas to share with you as penance.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1747 (isolation #70) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

I have a lot of big plans for the day! I'm probably gonna play some of that new
Mario Party
and I might go to an escape room! none of you will be able to join me, though, because you'll all be in...

THE ADVENTURE ZONE!

Creature has died.

the thing about looking for the truth is that any truth worth searching for is usually the sort of thing someone's trying to hide; sure, there are mundane truths that get lost to time because they didn't really matter, but those truths are a dime a dozen. the really important things -- the things you need to absolutely hold onto -- require a little bit of detective work. that line of work usually means meeting other people, and some of those people might be hiding their true nature at first, but it's important to keep your head on a swivel and remember the lessons you've learned, whether that be from your grandpa or your junior detective novels. who knows? maybe the people you meet will become your closest friends. either that, or they'll mock you endlessly for as long as you live. either one is good, I suppose.

Creature
Angus McDonald, Boy Detective

"what's your grandpa's name?"
"my grandpa forgot his name. he's very old."
"wait, but you also forgot it? you never knew it, Angus?"
"the memory of my grandpa's name died long before I was born."
"it's a word not spoken since the birth of dragons."
"he prefers grandpa. I call him grandpa, cause he's my grandpa! I love him."

alignment:
win condition:

Hello, sirs!:
you always greet everyone you meet with a warm, welcoming salutation, and, uh, I wouldn't say it makes people like you per se, but they at least don't immediately kill you. one time during the game, you may write
hello, sirs!
in the game thread, and as long as there are at least 5 players alive when you do this, you will be unable to be lynched for the rest of the day.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 80 gold. you will receive an additional 80 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

votecount 4.017 players not voting for lynch (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, skitter30, Porkens, Kokichi Oma, Shoshin)

with 7 votes, it takes 4 to lynch.

7 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, skitter30, Porkens, Kokichi Oma, Shoshin)

day 4 will end in (expired on 2018-10-27 08:15:00).

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1913 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey sorry for no votecounts so far this day. when the day began I was very busy being in London with vonflare and annadog and chamber and then I got home after the Longest Drive Ever and I basically slept for a whole day. and then I woke up today and my foot was in excruciating pain and I couldn't think about anything. anyway my foot is still in excruciating pain but I'm gonna post a votecount because otherwise how will you know how many votes are on people? answer: you fuckin won't
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1914 (isolation #72) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and the excruciating pain you feel whenever you move your foot. I'm gonna have you completely out of commission for, oh, let's say a week. yeah, you're just gonna have a week where things like standing and walking make you want to die. it's gonna be fun

votecount 4.022 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu)
2 players voting for Nosferatu (northsidegal, Gamma Emerald)
2 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, Porkens)

2 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Porkens)

3 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, skitter30)

mod notes: Porkens and northsidegal have been prodded.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1961 (isolation #73) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your horse. have I already done horse? I feel like I've already done horse.

votecount 4.032 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu)
2 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, Porkens)
1 player voting for northsidegal (skitter30)

1 player voting for skitter30 for Fantasy Gachapon (skitter30)

4 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2035 (isolation #74) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your bottled water. I'm still not feeling great and am just naming things I can see from where I'm at.

votecount 4.053 players voting for Kokichi Oma (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for northsidegal (skitter30)

4 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma)

day 4 has ended.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2036 (isolation #75) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by the PS4 controller:

The PS4 Controller: It Looks Like the Other Controller That Came With the Old PlayStation.

the perfect plan is one where you've planned for absolutely every contingency: no matter what goes wrong, you know the exact course of action you'll take to lead everyone off of your trail. ideally, of course, no one will ever even be on your trail -- you will be definitively removed from everyone's suspect list the very moment anything has even gone wrong. still, though, the moment anyone gets even a sneaking suspicion that there might be more to you than was initially believed, you'll be long gone, off to enjoy a nice day in your garden with your ill-gotten gains. no harm will ever come to you in the pure tranquility of your garden. in order for that sort of plan to go wrong, there'd have to be something seriously stupid that no one could possibly prepare for, but no one's that stupid, right? there's no way there could be a dingus big enough to fuck up your plans. and besides, it wouldn't take just one dingus. one dingus you could handle. nah, this would take... at least three of them. and there's no chance that there's three morons on this train ready to fuck everything up for you. no chance in the world.

Kokichi Oma
Jenkins

"joke's on you, though. when you step back through the portal, your piss will disappear."
"it always does, Jenkins! I've been cursed."
"did a witch kiss you?"
"it did."
"give you evaporating piss?"
"it's actually not a bad curse as it goes."
"no, I would say it's actually very good!"
"it's very pleasant. but the fear is that one day, all the piss will return at once."

alignment:
win condition:

No spell slots wasted:
you're careful to never use any magic unless absolutely, positively necessary, and you've gained a bad reputation as a result. it takes one fewer vote to lynch you as compared to everyone else.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 125 gold. you will receive an additional 35 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

1-shot tracker: you can target one player during the night; you will learn who, if anyone, that player targeted with any night actions during the same night.

night 4 has begun and will end in (expired on 2018-10-22 19:30:00).
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2037 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey! remember that time I said my favorite part of Mafia games was finding out who died during the night, and then it turned out no one died that night? I hope that never happens again. it would put a real damper on my enjoyment of...

THE ADVENTURE ZONE!

votecount 5.016 players not voting for lynch (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

with 6 votes, it takes 4 to lynch.

6 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

day 5 will end in (expired on 2018-11-06 11:00:00).

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2155 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2151, skitter30 wrote:
@mod:
if player A targets player B with two night acyions (say cop and doc), and player C tracks player A, what result does C recieve?

Specifically, is the tracker told A visited B twice?
the results won't specify how many times player A targeted player B.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2166 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2158, northsidegal wrote:
@mod
: if A were to target B who was switcheroo'd with person C, who would A be tracked to visiting?
a tracker who targeted player A would be told that player A targeted player C.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2263 (isolation #79) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:09 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and the realization that even though there haven't been any votes yet that it's been nearly 10 pages so far today and
maybe you should post a votecount

votecount 5.026 players not voting for lynch (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

6 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2277 (isolation #80) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your memoir ghostwriter. tell me about your childhood.

votecount 5.036 players not voting for lynch (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

2 player voting for Porkens for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

3 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Porkens, northsidegal)

mod notes: northsidegal has been prodded.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2311 (isolation #81) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your cold, dead hands.

votecount 5.046 players not voting for lynch (Shoshin, Porkens, Nosferatu, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

2 player voting for Porkens for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for northsidegal for Fantasy Gachapon (Porkens)

3 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, northsidegal)

mod notes: Shoshin has been prodded.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2363 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your fear that your best days are behind you.

votecount 5.053 players voting for northsidegal (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, Shoshin)

1 player voting for no lynch (skitter30)

2 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal)

3 players voting for Porkens for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)

2 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, northsidegal)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2541 (isolation #83) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your fidget spinner that you accidentally flung under your bed, lost forever.

votecount 5.061 player voting for northsidegal (Gamma Emerald)

1 player voting for no lynch (Shoshin)

4 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal, Nosferatu, skitter30)

3 players voting for Porkens for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, skitter30)
1 player voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

1 player not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal)

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2545 (isolation #84) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey btw as a reminder I require a majority for no lynch -- I'm pointing this out because most mods only require 50% in cases where there's an even number of players.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2552 (isolation #85) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your wedding DJ.

votecount 5.074 players voting for no lynch (Shoshin, skitter30, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

2 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal)

1 player not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal)

day 5 has ended.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2553 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by
Halo 3

Halo 3
Was Alright. Just Kidding, It Kicked Ass!

Porkens has received 2 Fantasy Gachapon items:

1-shot neighborize: you can target two players during the night; you will gain a private topic where you can communicate with those two players.

1-shot tracker: you can target one player during the night; you will learn who, if anyone, that player targeted with any night actions during the same night.

night 5 has begin and will end in (expired on 2018-11-04 02:00:00).
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2554 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by xyzzy »

skitter30 has died.

life is full of big choices and events that can change the course of destiny; whether it's some paradigm-shifting change to the whole world or something that will only affect one person, those big choices do come, and they can make all the difference. of course, sometimes you fail. sometimes you fail catastrophically, and it's not even your fault. you're just some guy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time while you were in the middle of some much bigger task. that's discouraging, right? well, yes, but that's how life is, isn't it? sometimes things just go wrong, and you don't even get to see the end result for reasons that are basically just random. that's discouraging, but, well, it's true.

skitter30
Leeman Kessler

"his murder came at a most inopportune time, because he had just managed to locate and retrieve one of the Grand Relics."
"his murder came at an opportune time. he'd done everything he wanted to with his life."
"he was surrounded by family."
"they watched solemnly as an assassin came in and buried a knife in his heart; it was what he would've wanted."
"and everyone agreed, it was the right time for that to happen."

alignment:
win condition:

Doomed mission:
you were sent to retrieve a Grand Relic, but your mission ultimately proved to be a failed one; however, your death will provide all the evidence anyone needs to get to the bottom of this. each night, you may choose another player (this is a non-targeting ability), and whenever you die, whichever player you chose most recently will receive a 1-shot cop ability.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 85 gold. you will receive an additional 85 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

votecount 6.015 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal, Shoshin, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

with 5 votes, it takes 3 to lynch.

5 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Porkens, northsidegal, Shoshin, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

day 6 will end in (expired on 2018-11-18 20:00:00).

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2626 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your Taco Bell drive thru attendee.

votecount 6.021 player voting for northsidegal (Shoshin)

4 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

2 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin, Nosferatu)

3 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (Porkens, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald)

day 6 will end in (expired on 2018-11-18 20:00:00).

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2646 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your air traffic controller.

votecount 6.033 players voting for Shoshin (Nosferatu, Porkens, Shoshin)
1 player voting for northsidegal (Shoshin)

4 players not voting for lynch (Porkens, northsidegal, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald)

2 players voting for Nosferatu for Fantasy Gachapon (Nosferatu, Porkens)

2 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Gamma Emerald)

day 6 has ended.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2647 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

This week's Adventure Zone is brought to you by an airhorn:

An Airhorn: Wah Wah Wah Woooooh!

normally this is where I'd write a sort of introspective narrative about something this character learned during this arc, something that could be vaguely implied to be relevant to everybody's life, except it would have some jokes in it. it would be a cool bit of flavor text that would challenge me to compress some jokes from a comedy podcast where three brothers and their dad play roleplaying games into some serious thoughts. normally I can do that with characters who have a real character arc. here's the thing, though: Steven the Goldfish is just a goldfish. I mean, he's a really good goldfish -- easily in my top 10 fictional goldfishes, and I love how protective Magnus is of him throughout the show (I guess that's technically a spoiler and I try to keep these things spoiler free but come on. we all knew Travis was going to make that goldfish a top priority. it's in his nature), but there's nothing I can write about that. I could say something about, uhhhhh, how sometimes a friend comes from unexpected places? like that the friend is a pet and you buy the pet. that could be something.

no. that's stupid. that's nothing. why did I back myself into this corner by having Steven as a character in this game? there's a bunch of characters who show up for a second or two that I could've used instead. instead I used Steven. why did I do that?

Shoshin
Steven the Goldfish

"I'm going to name the goldfish Steven."
"Steven? okay. Steven the goldfish. Travis, I thought you would be psyched about this."
"I'm pretty psyched, Griffin, but it is very much like the feeling when a kid is begging for a dog, and the parents bring home like a goldfish."
"I will give you 400 gold pieces for the fish."
"no! it's my fish!"

alignment:
win condition:

A literal goldfish:
listen, you might be inside a magical spherical fish tank that automatically keeps you fed and cleans up your fish poop, but at the end of the day, a fish is a fish is a fish is a fish. you can't do anything special beyond the standard things every player can do.

lynch vote:
accrue gold:
if you are one of the players voting for the player who is lynched, you will receive 100 gold. you will receive an additional 100 gold if that player is part of the mafia faction.
Fantasy Gachapon vote:
spend gold:

it is now impossible for the mafia (
northsidegal, Gammagooey, and Porkens
) to fail to achieve their win condition! therefore they win!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2648 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

here are some private threads:

setup review thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=76620
dead/mod thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77136
mafia thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77248
Tom Bodett thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77249
Porkens' Stone of Farspeech thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77424
Gachapon neighborhood thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77719
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2695 (isolation #92) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2693, schadd_ wrote:gg wolves !
schadd there was no werewolf faction in this game! this is a huge error on your part!

also, the RC replacement only came after conferring with someone who I consider to be one of the most thoughtful, level-headed people on the site who felt that replacing RC was the right call. also, the fact that you requested replacement and then came back the next day and asked to rejoin really didn't help at all.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2697 (isolation #93) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:40 am

Post by xyzzy »

btw y'all wish me luck buying a ticket to Candlenights in 20 minutes
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2698 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2697, xyzzy wrote:btw y'all wish me luck buying a ticket to Candlenights in 20 minutes
idk how many of you wished me luck, but your wishes helped and I'm officially going to Candlenights! yippee
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2768 (isolation #95) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2754, Creature wrote:Man, my role was pretty useless
please don't say that about my precious boy Angus
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2797 (isolation #96) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:46 am

Post by xyzzy »

Porkens and northsidegal both declined the graphic novel, which means it's Gammagooey's! Gammagooey, send me your mailing address and I'll send it to you!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2801 (isolation #97) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2798, Gamma Emerald wrote:amnesty
whoa hold on I still have like 5 more games just in the Balance arc, and that's if I
don't
do one based on the live shows (which would definitely be called "Live Stunt Spectacular"). it'll be a long time before I can get to TAZ Mafia: Amnesty, and that's not even including TAZ Mafia: Four Sherlock Holmes and a Vampire (Who Is One of the Aforementioned Sherlock Holmes), which will be at least 3 games
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2805 (isolation #98) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

speaking of: if you still haven't looked into the podcast this game was based on, please do! it's so good. you'll laugh a lot and then you'll cry and then you'll laugh some more. Aubrey Little is the bisexual icon we deserve in 2k18

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”