Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Feeling pretty good about town!Sesq given they were competing wagons. But I still want lots more from Sesq
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Flicker »

Votecount 2.01

Dunnstral (1)
- Ausuka
northsidegal (1)
- Irrelephant11

Not voting: Dunnstral, Eragon, Keyser Söze, northsidegal, Reundo, Sesq, Toranaga, the worst

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 am

Post by the worst »

In post 519, Eragon wrote:
In post 500, the worst wrote::ok_hand:
red flip d1 feels good man

drunk ducky gonna slep now gngn
I think this is actually TMI, because he was already like “red flip Day 1 feels good”

I mean, town never KNOWS that the person is scum unless a TI has a guilty, but TW acted like he KNEW volxen was scum, not HOPING that volxen was scum and not actually watcher.
being overconfident is my thing
this is creepy
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

Post by the worst »

In post 521, Irrelephant11 wrote:It might be both

VOTE: the worst
VOTE: northsidegal
ehhh nsg is town as well
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 525, Irrelephant11 wrote:Feeling pretty good about town!Sesq given they were competing wagons. But I still want lots more from Sesq
why does that make Sesq town?
--
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Sesq »

replacing out

i dont like mafia
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 529, the worst wrote:
In post 525, Irrelephant11 wrote:Feeling pretty good about town!Sesq given they were competing wagons. But I still want lots more from Sesq
For the same reason you and momrangel couldn't have been scum together in Presidents :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do think it's somewhat good logic. Scum usually has some influence over wagons, meaning it's less likely that the two major D1 wagons were both scum. It's not a hard reason, but it makes Sesq +rand town (in addition to Keyser's reasons for townreading the slot yesterday)
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 529, the worst wrote:
it doesn't

also hi, I'll read later
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 531, Sesq wrote:
replacing out
Noted.

Searching for Sesq's replacement.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 531, Sesq wrote:
replacing out

i dont like mafia
aww you poor thing

I think this is town, guys.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Ausuka
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Master Reundo won big town-cred from D1. After his awkward examination of me (once scummy, but now forgiven), Reundo changed up his focus and gave us a tour-de-force in delivering the Volxen lynch. Here are the 3 killer posts:
In post 119, Reundo wrote:volxen - His post-RVS introduction was pretty pointless and actually did nothing to add to the discussion. I get I might be kind of a hypocrite since similar things have been said about my introduction, but it seems even more exaggerated in that the distance between the post he was responding to and his actual post number were literally pages apart and that all he said was basically just paraphrasing what northsidegal said. A lean scum for me.
In post 220, Reundo wrote:I don't really understand the town-reads of volxen. Everything he's posted seems like surface-level scum-hunting based mostly around points that have already been brought up by others, and as a whole it seems like he's much more interested in garnering why player X scum-reads player Y than providing scum-reads of his own. I'm more worried about him than 2.718 at the moment.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: volxen
In post 387, Reundo wrote:I don't really understand why the volxen wagon died down the way it did. The only town points he got was from northsidegal for being contradictory, and while I can sort of see where northsidegal is coming from it doesn't feel like a particularly strong town-read, and the contradictions run much deeper than mere activity. Looking back on it, post #254 is a lot more petty than I realized. I could see why some of the posts volxen mentioned could be viewed as active lurking, but to not put any more thought into players than "oh, they're active lurking, they're probably scum" is incredibly lazy and narrow-minded. It actually feels like he's afraid of contradicting himself, as if scum-reading someone for doing X means he also has to scum-read everyone who does X, and I'm struggling to see how town can be so close-minded. He gives himself a lot of town points for "having reads and trying to game solve" while completely ignoring that 2.718 made an entire reads list, and the least he could've done was acknowledge that fact and explain why 2.718's reads list was lazy/active-lurking/whatever instead of trying to sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices.

His recent trajectory isn't much better either. 2.718 seemed to be his biggest scum-read, but when northsidegal started town-reading him volxen didn't even bat an eye or seem to care at all really, not even an acknowledgement akin to "well, I guess you have a point on 2.178", and he seemed too eager to hop onto a counter wagon as soon as the opportunity opened up. He also said he was going to update his readslist tomorrow on Friday, and he still hasn't followed up on it. On one hand I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was busier than he intended, and I ended up posting later than I meant to once as well, but part of me feels he's just not bothering anymore because the pressure's been shifted to Sesq instead.

Sesq isn't a terrible lynch, but the way it built up didn't make much sense either. It seemed mostly based on their play here not lining up with their town meta, which sort of makes sense but unless their play here is similar to their scum game it might just be NAI. A lot of players have talked about their lack of motivation in this game, and it's debatable how much of this is genuine or just an excuse but it's wide-spread enough to where I can see Sesq just not being at their A-game this game. Just looking at this game specifically, I'm struggling to see a definite scum agenda to their play. I'm annoyed by their limited scum-reads and coasting behavior, but at the same time they clearly don't care about the impression they give off and they're not super motivated to start a counter-wagon, even going as far as to town-read volxen. It almost feels like they're playing to get lynched in some aspects, which honestly does make some sense as a scum play-style, but I'm kind of iffy on it.

Volxen is still my preferred lynch today. I'm not too opposed to a sesq lynch but I have a lot more reservations about it compared to volxen. Toranga/Dunn are my weakest nulls right now, so I probably won't cry a river over their lynches either, but volxen makes the most sense to me right now tbh.

Yes, yes, scum partners bus, but at the time of reading these posts I did begin to see Reundo as a teammate who was sharing similar thoughts and suspicions as myself. He chose to oppose the Sesq wagon while it was selling like hot cakes (like myself) and hold the course with the more difficult Volxen wagon.

These three posts should at least give him safe passage into D3.

If Reundo is town, they possess impressive reading skills.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Toranaga, bad news.. during my re-read I had you down as the scum partner who bussed Volxen :(

Do you want me to talk through the scum narrative I have in my head?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 538, Keyser Söze wrote:Toranaga, bad news.. during my re-read I had you down as the scum partner who bussed Volxen :(

Do you want me to talk through the scum narrative I have in my head?
nah, I know my reads are so good it feels like TMI

lynch me ahead bro
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Toranaga »

I may have bussed volxen as his partner but I was also the main reason he got lynched I THINK? cause I started that counterwagon for real. the lynch was going elsewhere until I voted there and TW went "woooooo" ITT and then everybody followed

if there's bussing it's either before I voted or after TW moved there. TW is clear. no one fakes this much excitement this early about lynching a scum partner I don't think.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Toranaga »

also maybe don't lynch inside volxen's wagon if you can avoid it today thx

game is easy bros. just don't do hero reads like me and TW this gameday and lynch inside an actual smart POE for today. not volxen's voters unless you wanna lynch sesq.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Toranaga »

in before "HE IS TW'S PARTNUR"
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

FOS Taranaga (hey Taranaga, please give me a rating for a) effort b) believability c) sincerity).
In post 166, Toranaga wrote:volxen/sesq/271 all fine lynches
Taranaga name drops his scum partner’s name and two other viable wagons.
Does not go into detail or present his scum case on any of them.
In post 168, Toranaga wrote:do you think it's beneficial or necessary to talk about things that you clearly don't think are alignment indicative?
Taranaga asks this question to Volxen: it’s a very non-aggressive/rhetorical question you would ask your scum partner. I suspect it was soft-distancing.
In post 190, Toranaga wrote:keyser, idk man, I lost interest with this game cause nobody is playing it

half the slots are scummy so idek where to vote
I asked Taranaga why he still had not voted (despite expressing 3 names he would like to lynch). I did not believe he was being sincere here. The tone feels fake. The excuse weak.

Taranaga replaced into the game full of character and venom, but has suddenly lost the motivation and town initiative to put his money where his mouth is...? Smells like a scum who doesn’t want to put unnecessary pressure on his scum mate... and watch the current misslynch wagon thrive (this is serious tin foil hat territory now! Who is still reading?)

Taranaga has promised us content but not delivered (instead he appears more concerned with fronting a relaxed /friendly exterior).
In post 402, Toranaga wrote:VOTE: volxen

volxen made a lot of scumsplaining and description posts that added no leans and didn't help the game move forward. I think he has a bigger chance of being scum than sesq who is probably kind of... incoherent? regardless of what they rand.
I don’t like the timing of this. I feel like Taranaga could see the change of wind from Sesq to Volxen, so decided it was time to finally post his ‘case’ on Volxen and hop onto the wagon (I.e the golden ticket to town cred).
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 542, Toranaga wrote:in before "HE IS TW'S PARTNUR"
Nah, TW is not on my scumdar so far.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 541, Toranaga wrote:also maybe don't lynch inside volxen's wagon if you can avoid it today thx

game is easy bros. just don't do hero reads like me and TW this gameday and lynch inside an actual smart POE for today. not volxen's voters unless you wanna lynch sesq.
Stop putting TW’s name with yours bro. I’m looking at you.

As I said... it’s just a theory I had in the back of my head after my re-read.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Toranaga »

it's TORanaga

TOR

not taranaga

I can take being called toranga, but not taranaga

ok now onto your thing

"
Taranaga name drops his scum partner’s name and two other viable wagons.
Does not go into detail or present his scum case on any of them."

UNEXPLAINED READS? MUST BE A WOLF. you saw how volxen explained every single thing he thought or saw in the game, right? and what did he flip? yup.

"
Taranaga asks this question to Volxen: it’s a very non-aggressive/rhetorical question you would ask your scum partner. I suspect it was soft-distancing."

I'm getting around the idea that this is a wolf making pointless reads/questions etc there. it felt like fake work and I wanted to see what he'd respond to it. this isn't distancing, this is me smelling wolf from his post.

the rest of it I can't really respond to. I'm not in the mood to read this until I need to and I don't need to.

"
hey Taranaga, please give me a rating for a) effort b) believability c) sincerity"

a for effort
b for delivery
a for sincerity

I'm locktowning you for trying to case me, it's really cute from you
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 337, Toranaga wrote:
In post 278, the worst wrote:
@mod
any chance of a deadline extension? :good:
this is already the towniest motherfucker on the planet
@The worst

What is your game history with Taranaga?

Would scum-Taranaga prefer if you buddied up with each other.. and kept in your periphery?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'm not lynching sesq today because she doesn't like mafia cause that's so towny

there are probably one or two wordy wolves that I'm not gonna catch today or at least not until I do a proper read, so I have no candidates rn
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Don't think it's Tornaga, think we should be taking a second look at Ausuka