RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

Don't try to condescend me. Obviously the statement you made wasn't as clear as you thought or I would have understood it from the beginning. :wink:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 593, Thor665 wrote:I'd advocate doing a faux vote where we can at least provide info on who we would lynch today if we were to lynch.

I'd probably be looking to lynch FA_Q today - I think lynching on the wagon makes immense sense and think any Vig and Mafia shots targeted at the wagon would benefit town.
This was confusing?
You even had to cut out the first part of what you quoted because by including it you would have needed to reference why I was saying 'probably'.
Condescension holds methinks - it was either an intentional misrep or the fault is in you not reading properly.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

If we were to lynch, I wouldn't choose to lynch on wagon because of the mime.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If you were able to lynch the mime safely who would you want to lynch?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 593, Thor665 wrote:The theory benefit of choosing option 2 over option 1 is that, if Mafia kill the Watcher we still get info if they have useful info.
The reality negative of option 2 over option 1 is it increases the ability of the Mafia to locate the Watcher regardless of the Watcher having useful info.
Wouldn't that make #1 the better option hands down? The only benefit requires the info to be useful to begin with, yeah?
What am I missing.
The possibility of a double visit. If mafia and mime both visited A50 then the intelligence isn't really actionable today. Hypoclaim then serves exactly the same purpose as your pseudolynch target bit. For town/mime it's a chance to help aim the vig at the player(s) they believe to be mafia. For watcher, it's a chance to out the information without necessarily dying.

In hindsight, yeah, a single result on A50 is probably just immediately out, because trading the watcher for one of the scum is great for us.
This is a Parachute.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

That makes much more sense.

Looking off the wagon, I honestly forgot Aristophanes was in the game until now - is it normal for him to do nothing in a game like this?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 597, RockyHorror wrote:I don't like hypoing right now. It gives way too much information to mafia for pretty little reward as an inno at this point only confirms someone as not being a mime.
Watcher isn't here to get innos; that's not what watchers do. Watcher is here to find mime/mafia.
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Fink »

I don't like hypoclaiming, I like having a regular day, faux-voting, and then all voting No Lynch when we don't have a lot else to talk about. This also lets the Watcher crumb things like mime results either on later days, or if they have 2 results on A50.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Fink »

{Vote:} GL

Aside from the thing from yesterday, the fact that he thinks he'd be an NK target seems like a standard assumption that's easy to have as mafia. I think if he were as good as people seem to imply and he'd been trying to solve the game, he'd be thinking about things like A50 potentially being Vig and Thor being a more likely Mime candidate.

"I figured I might die" seems like a default (possibly accurate) attitude that didn't seem at all likely from the gamestate going into night with 1 of the Mimes being lyched and A50's behavior. Scum having standard opinions without gamesolving.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

No Lynch - 2 - Jingle, GuiltyLion

Not Voting - Fink, Thor665, Eragon, FA_Q2, Nero Cain, RockyHorror, innocentvillager, Aristophanes

Deadline is Wednesday, September 12 at 5:30pm EST.
Last edited by Kmd4390 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 609, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Count

Not Voting - Fink, Thor665, Eragon, FA_Q2, Nero Cain, RockyHorror, innocentvillager

Not Voting - Aristophanes

Aristophanes is not voting even harder than the rest of us
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:FA-Q2
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 604, Jingle wrote:In hindsight, yeah, a single result on A50 is probably just immediately out, because trading the watcher for one of the scum is great for us.
Unless the scum are daft they shot for Mime - what makes you think A50 is the Mafia shot as opposed to Sesq?
In post 608, Fink wrote:Aside from the thing from yesterday, the fact that he thinks he'd be an NK target seems like a standard assumption that's easy to have as mafia. I think if he were as good as people seem to imply and he'd been trying to solve the game, he'd be thinking about things like A50 potentially being Vig and Thor being a more likely Mime candidate.
I would be confused by anyone thinking A50 is the Vig at this stage.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime. GL is still pinging me hard as well. He wants to lynch me but with little in the way of why (that read goes back to me not jumping on a wagon on page 1 - something that is pretty standard for me and is clearly lazy) and ignores the mime and entertains the idea that lynching on the wagon would be a good idea - a wagon he is on.

I think that thor/gl are the best candidates for scum atm.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think there's a decent chance that mafia/last mine are on the wagon. I don't understand why you think this is not a good theory.

lane0168 - 7 - Fink, Jingle, Thor665, Eragon,
Almost50
, FA_Q2,
lane0168
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 605, RockyHorror wrote:Looking off the wagon, I honestly forgot Aristophanes was in the game until now - is it normal for him to do nothing in a game like this?
Yes. Also, he was away at a scummeet for a large portion of the day. Doesn't make him town, but activity is expected to be low from Ari regardless of alignment.

Also, @Thor: A50's softclaim means only a terrible vig shoots him N1, because PR softclaim. On the other hand, both mafia and mime had good reason to suspect he was a high threat slot (PR softclaim). Also scum were almost certainly shooting for a watcher because a watcher is the biggest threat to them as me and A50 discussed yesterday.

Sesq on the other hand was suspected as both mafia and mime and had already claimed VT. He was literally the perfect vig shot.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 610, Fink wrote:
In post 609, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Count

Not Voting - Fink, Thor665, Eragon, FA_Q2, Nero Cain, RockyHorror, innocentvillager

Not Voting - Aristophanes

Aristophanes is not voting even harder than the rest of us
I mean, you aren't wrong :P

Reading D2 now. Might have something to say soon.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
From the moment I replaced in you were shading me for keeping my vote on sesq when you wanted it on lane instead. The simple explanation of "I find sesq scummier even if you don't" wasn't good enough.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 547, Jingle wrote:
In post 537, Almost50 wrote:
In post 531, Kmd4390 wrote:
Almost50 was killed Night 1. He was a
vanilla townie

Sesq was also killed Night 1. She was a
Vanilla townie

Day 2 starts now

A
l
m
o
s
t
d
o
e
s
i
t
a
g
a
i
n
!
Sorry, didn't realize you were VT crumbing until superlate. 443 was super nice though. ;)
This post is super weird, like "Lookie I realized they were VT so I def didn't kill them!"

Also What in God's Name is a Hypo Claim!?!?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Vig claim is good tho...if we find the mime they are now solely RBing the Vig, so Mafia can run free but mime can't block the watcher.

Honestly the plan looks like a decent idea.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Like vig will always target mime once found so mime has to target vig. This leaves them love-locked and therefore the rest of the game can be played properly!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 605, RockyHorror wrote:That makes much more sense.

Looking off the wagon, I honestly forgot Aristophanes was in the game until now - is it normal for him to do nothing in a game like this?
Hi! We must have never met yet!

I've played in more games than most people of the site (check my Wiki if you doubt me) but I am horrendous at posting in them and am usually among the lowest posters ingame. I am high posting in other parts of the site but have trouble getting game things on paper I guess. Anyway, it used to be a scum meta but is now just the way I play. I know it's annoying and unhelpful, but I play the long game and that's part of the reason.

Also it was the long weekend and I didn't really get a chance to get into this until now, so here we are!
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Jingle »

In order:
Hypo claim means we all claim who we would have seen targeting whom last night.

:neutral:

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Goddammit man, why do I always want to lynch you?
This is a Parachute.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 608, Fink wrote:Aside from the thing from yesterday, the fact that he thinks he'd be an NK target seems like a standard assumption that's easy to have as mafia. I think if he were as good as people seem to imply and he'd been trying to solve the game, he'd be thinking about things like A50 potentially being Vig and Thor being a more likely Mime candidate.
uh, if I were scum you'd realize I'd have no need at all to post the fact that I thought I might die? like you're right I wasn't trying too hard to solve the game at that point but you're not actually pointing to anything scum-indicative here. also I am thinking about Thor being a more likely mime candidate, I don't see how that makes any sense in the context of your post
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Open Games”