Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 739, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 738, skitter30 wrote:
In post 732, Vex Vience wrote:also, for main, i looked back through your alts, uve only played in one game of mine, (that was under AP). i thought u had played in another game i had modded unless ur hiding another alt on me. that one is just on me then
I figured it out i think; ive only seen the wall o' reads like that once before but I didnt think it was you given that the town and overall posting style are drastically different; would never have guessed that tbh
:3

im gonna assume a few things here:
i'm assuming you're talking about MD's jungle republic, namely, post 229, made by Korina when you say "the wall o' reads", which would mean, you're thinking my main is Korina.

which, yea, you're right on that. i am korina.
i just needed the right motivation to actually sit down and play knowing i wont get instantly pl'd just for being in the game.
the wonders of not pling me are amazing because you get towngames like this from me where i put forth serious amounts of effort into gamesolving.

anyways, yea, i'm korina. my reads list was the post i was thinking would certainly give me away, and to a lesser degree, calling a50 "monkey-boye", (something in my sig, plus only 7 other posts, (excluding this one) have the word "boye" in them.)

im an amazing player when i have motivation to play well.
I'm gonna read you back then because you should have input on my A50 read in that case
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 744, Vex Vience wrote:
Vex Vience wrote:wall coming with my full case on sky later tonight

pedit: that was the goal monkey boye, try to make sure people dont realize its me until i said it was me.
so, one of the major reasons why i was hesitant on posting this case in the first place is because i was drawing from my own scum-meta, which meant i had to out myself first. you guys can see why i would be kinda hesitating on doing that, mainly since im playing under an alt.
so, whats my case on sky and why does it involve my meta?

a lot of it comes from skys posting, namely elsewhere on the forums. (im also getting close to the "dont talk about on-going games" rule with this post)
looking through skys posts, ive noticed a lot more posts in other games, but not in this one. that means a lot to me.
what does that mean?
it means sky is avoiding this game to some degree.

what motivation does town really have to try to avoid a game they're in? barely any, if town even does.
what motivation does scum really have to try to avoid a game they're in? a lot of motivation actually.

this is where my own self-meta comes into play here: as scum, i tend to stay quiet and try to lurk as much as possible only because it helps minimize the chances of me scumslipping and plus i'm always waiting for something i can turn around on the others to frame them. it also feels very natural for me to lurk as scum, versus town which just feels like "why am i even in this game rn" if i try to lurk out

i see the same logic here as to why sky would put forth more posts in other games but not so much in this game.
now, before anyone tries to say "what if sky is demotivated?", sky could always replace-out if that was the case. yet, i havent seen any requests to replace-out from sky yet.

because sky is lurking so much in this game, yet is active in other games, (making post 620 a bold-faced lie), it really makes me believe that sky is intentionally trying to lurk the entire game as sort of a "i dont know how to play this role" type thing in a hope to try to not get lynched.
i forgot who said the same thing, presuming that sky was the traitor, but whoever did, yea, that's the point i'm going at with this. i think sky is certainly scum and doesn't know how to play traitor.

sky has a total of twenty posts. none of them feel like they have anything to contribute. they all feel like (to me at least) they all are just rehashing the same things we already know. a lot of her posts feel hollow. they dont have anything to them, its just an empty shell. nothing more. now, could it be that sky is just pulling a nm here and just being a jester? yes, but that means sky should get hung or vig'd at some point sooner rather than later.

the "im watching avatar" post is the one that pings me the most, (followed by her reads, which (i forgot who said it but), feel really
really
safe imo.) she only said she was watching avatar in here, coupled with the fact shes said that she'll do things, but in actuality she never has, (135), makes her slot feel incredibly weird to me. ik based on her activity in other games, she can do better than what she currently is doing, but yet, seemingly is actively refusing to do better, making her slot feel very very weird to me.

i dont see sky really putting any effort into gamesolving. posts 288 and 289 also feel really really weird with that in mind. we already know that Creature is the ic, and if she had a group of people (or is pro-town), why
wouldn't
she list another name that wasn't creature, unless shes scum and didnt have them ready and was stalling for time?

with all of this being said, i think {frank, sky} are scum. we hang frank today, shoot sky tonight (if we have a vig), if not, we can hang her tomorrow
I think I'd prefer to hang sky, shoot frank, but even then I'm tentative on Frank
VOTE: Skygazer
HURT: frank
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 106, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 101, Enigma wrote:
In post 97, Antihero wrote:i like ruru's entrance
Explain?

also ....
pedit: sigh
(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
Almost50 wrote:Sky's entrance to the game is alarming. Everything she said so far "could" be interpreted as a mere joke. However -in my experience- joking about lynching the IC always comes from scum. And her last post/joke is even more alarming. I feel like it's been made for the sole purpose of declaring herself as the true traitor. It's as if she took ruru's earlier post about the traitor as an inquiry and is responding to it in fashion.

So,
my case on Sky is she is the Traitor
how confident are you in sky being the traitor?
Enigma wrote:
In post 100, Vex Vience wrote:pageget
VOTE: Vex
o i c this escalated very quickly
Yeah so you should honestly get pinged more by A50's logic imo, you were in the game that I was referring to, you were in fact the IC that game
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

Gamma why are you focusing so much on the 'town doesnt joke about voting tje ic' point from a50; it's one thing he said in RVS and you're talking about it almost to the exclusion of everything else that's happened in this game, and you've voteparked him over it

Like your response to what he did feels overblown given that you're not interacting with like any other part of the game really
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm kinda getting cold feet on the cj wagon i think
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1003, skitter30 wrote:Gamma why are you focusing so much on the 'town doesnt joke about voting tje ic' point from a50; it's one thing he said in RVS and you're talking about it almost to the exclusion of everything else that's happened in this game, and you've voteparked him over it

Like your response to what he did feels overblown given that you're not interacting with like any other part of the game really
Well it's something that is burned into my mind, and I like trying to interact with people via getting them to think about relevance to previous games
Recall how I pressed certain people in American Presidents mafia about connections to another game? Same idea as this.
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't think u were laser-focused on anything in American presidents like you are here

I also think you made some sort of attempt to sort people. Here indont really see that, but i see you harping on the a50 thing

Can you tall about your reads in a general sense?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 1002, Gamma Emerald wrote: Yeah so you should honestly get pinged more by A50's logic imo, you were in the game that I was referring to, you were in fact the IC that game
im not really seeing what you're getting at here with a50s logic.
care to explain?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:56 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Antihero's posts ping town but Bujaber's posts ping scum

Idk what to do with him
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Enigma »

The speed at which the CJ wagon formed is a bit off putting .. the VCA will be interesting if/when he flips

CJ and NWMM are so contentless I can barely make a read, and I don't even know if CJ has read the whole thread yet ...
Reading Open 733 where CJ was scum (with tw), CJ actually (pretends) to scumhunt a bit, actively pushes mislynches, and interacts with the gamestate. Open 725 is a bit of a mess to read, but CJ feels also a bit more actively driving lynches (and he was bussing his partner AP).

Maybe part of why I'm hesitant, in addition to CJ simply having zero content, is a lack of CJ voting on someone so far and advancing the game state. I've also mislynched CJ in other games, partly because he was lurky and didn't get a chance to defend himself. But I've also seen town CJ defend himself as the lynch target when he was more active.

So meta wise I don't quite see the picture on CJ.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1001, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think I'd prefer to hang sky, shoot frank, but even then I'm tentative on Frank
VOTE: Skygazer
HURT: frank
Gamma completely ignoring that tw has replaced Sky is a bit :/
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 927, the worst wrote:IDK what I'm getting from cjv is pretty similar to the current best meta tell on scum!Creature

normally it feels like he's mislynched because he lurks for ages then says what's actually on his mind without stepping anyone through his thought processes and his reads are actually often absolutely fine it's just he doesn't always explain them

here he's taken quite a lot of time to produce incredibly safe reads with reasoning and then occasionally floats in and says the game is moving too fast

I just kinda want something that blows my mind, or a lynch
I'm also bad at reading posts so just properly read this. After my previous post defending with CJ, I do agree that this is somewhat scummy. Do you (tw, and AP) think his activity is comparable to his past scum games? My meta dive was really quick, though I kinda felt CJ was a bit more active in those games.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Enigma »

Tbh my preference is still frank as he has yet to satisfactory alleviate the scum concerns on him.
Would not be opposed to CJ vig shot, maybe because I'm not convinced about his alignment (and maybe there is/isn't a vig) but also because I'm kinda interested to know how CJ flips just to figure out the deal with wagon dynamics lol.

Need to read Gamma properly.

Would like to see more from Bujaber and HWS as not sure about their slots.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1007, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 1002, Gamma Emerald wrote: Yeah so you should honestly get pinged more by A50's logic imo, you were in the game that I was referring to, you were in fact the IC that game
im not really seeing what you're getting at here with a50s logic.
care to explain?
I went to explain this and then I realized where the split in what I'm seeing and reality is. I forgot OK Nyeo's vote on you in the C9++ wasn't really joking
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'm holding off voting for a Vig shot. My choice would greatly depend on the CJV flip AND who is on/off the wagon then.

That said, I'd recommend leaving Frank alone for tonight. Tomorrow we can pursue our quest in light of the flip(s) of both CJV and the night kill(s).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'll be trying to meta dive Frank in the next couple of hours though... let's see what I could come up with

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1008, ceejayvinoya wrote:Antihero's posts ping town but Bujaber's posts ping scum

Idk what to do with him
i'm also kinda underwhelmed by this

==
In post 1012, Enigma wrote:Tbh my preference is still frank as he has yet to satisfactory alleviate the scum concerns on him.
Would not be opposed to CJ vig shot, maybe because I'm not convinced about his alignment (and maybe there is/isn't a vig) but also because I'm kinda interested to know how CJ flips just to figure out the deal with wagon dynamics lol.
i think this is kinda where i am too

VOTE: frank
HURT: cj

==
In post 1013, Gamma Emerald wrote:I went to explain this and then I realized where the split in what I'm seeing and reality is. I forgot OK Nyeo's vote on you in the C9++ wasn't really joking
and ....

like does this affect your read on a50 at all?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

@ofrhz

saying this now because not sure when night will start - i'm going to be v/la sunday night - tuesday night
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1014, Almost50 wrote:I'm holding off voting for a Vig shot. My choice would greatly depend on the CJV flip AND who is on/off the wagon then.

That said, I'd recommend leaving Frank alone for tonight. Tomorrow we can pursue our quest in light of the flip(s) of both CJV and the night kill(s).
I don't like the vig plan anymore
traitor is bp right? so that means trying to vig the traitor probably isn't smart play, and that also means a lack of vig kill may lead to bad speculation about the setup.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1016, skitter30 wrote:like does this affect your read on a50 at all?
Yeah actually, it completely negates the point
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

Interesting! It seems in this game Frank won as the SK. Any player who can end game as an SK cannot be forgiven for poor performances elsewhere (BoP applies here because you can't win as the SK if you're not skilled enough.)

So, Frank can be vigged.

HURT: Frank

P-edit: Or we can lynch him and Vig CJV. It's all the same to me now. I thought I had made a mistake and him (Frank) yelling it was a bad thing for town to lynch him sounded like a desperate PR crumb. HOWEVER, a player of this caliber does NOT crumb in such poor fashion.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1019, Gamma Emerald wrote:
right, that's my point - if it negates your point, why am i dragging out of you how this realization affects your read on him?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1021, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1019, Gamma Emerald wrote:
right, that's my point - if it negates your point, why am i dragging out of you how this realization affects your read on him?
I'd already pretty much come to that conclusion. Is my vote still on him, if not why go this far?
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

because that's been your main read this game and you sort of acknowledged that your point was invalid but than didn't go that extra step to then like explain how that affected your read on him in this game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

like you weren't like 'my point on a50 isn't valid so i now read him as ______ and i'm going to vote tw instead because i think his slot is scummy because _____'

you were like *quotes vex's sky case but don't talk about it at all* *votes sky who isn't even in this game anymore without talking about how you read her at all* *mentions that your point on a50 is invalid but don't explain how that affects how you read him*

like the thought process just seems kinda going-through-the-motions-y, not like something you thought about yourself naturally

Return to “Completed Open Games”