Newbie 1888 | Stuff I Found Online IV | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: the worst
He's my twin and one twin is always evil
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 8, Mister Rogers wrote:@Draynth: So have you two been a hydra before? What does this "twin" stuff actually mean?
We've never hydra'd, it's just an inside joke we have running between us
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Draynth »

Not necessarily an inside joke actually, just a regular joke

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Draynth »

You can say it's not spam all you like but 5 pages in 3 hours for a newbie game is ridiculous

I've only skimmed the thread

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Draynth »

Doesn't the fact that you specifically have a note in your wiki about spamming make it apparent that it *might* be perceived as an issue by the majority of players in the games you're in?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Draynth »

Heyo, I'll 100% be able to post tomorrow, today was pretty full on so didn't manage to get any mafia stuff done.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Draynth »

wtf why is tw at l-1

VOTE: unvote

Catching up now

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Draynth »

I've skimmed the thread so far, planning to go through everyone's ISO's and go in depth a bit more

VOTE: Not Known 15
was unbelievably scummy

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Draynth »

I also find it super weird that he kicks up such a fuss about tw not answering the question, that his very first post is putting the slot to L-1, then does the exact same thing?
Not Known wrote:
the worst wrote:also let's go the other way--whos town?
Excluding me...
Error 404.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Draynth »

Even the wording of his unvote post feels forced to me
because I don't want to end the day with a the worst lynch yet.
Why 1) Put tw to L-1 instead of just saying that he'd like to
2) Saying that people hammering should declare intent - why not just say "nobody hammer yet please" or something along those lines

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 372, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 370, Draynth wrote:I also find it super weird that he kicks up such a fuss about tw not answering the question, that his very first post is putting the slot to L-1, then does the exact same thing?
Not Known wrote:
the worst wrote:also let's go the other way--whos town?
Excluding me...
Error 404.
I answered the question.
You're telling me you don't townread a single person in the game.
In post 369, Formerfish wrote:
In post 359, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 357, the worst wrote:so would you mind starting by answering my question?
Can you rephrase that question?

Also VOTE: Unvote for now because I don't want to end the day with a the worst lynch yet.
Why vote him only to unvote him?

You could have easily had this conversation with him without an empty threat being made against the sanctity of his neck.

especially after this line:
In post 354, Not Known 15 wrote:You are at L-1. Answer the question or get lynched.
That was not an empty threat. the worst had refused to give these reads continuously. Without an answer, my vote would have stayed.
If someone refuses to answer questions multiple times, then your only avenue is to bring them at L-1. And if they continue to refuse it you lynch them.
If they answer you think about the reaction and answers and then act accordingly. Which was, here, to not lynch the worst immediately, to unvote.
You're not wrong, but given we were 2 days into the very first day it's an incredibly rash thing to do.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:45 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 373, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 371, Draynth wrote:2) Saying that people hammering should declare intent - why not just say "nobody hammer yet please" or something along those lines
This is a newbie game. Better safe than sorry.
That's completely ignoring the point of that quote

My point was that saying what you said implies that you were ok with tw being hammered this early into day 1. That's super scummy.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 410, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 356, nancy wrote:
Quick, read game pls thx

Don't really want to. I usually don't even replace into games with 200+ posts, so you're lucky to have me as it is.
Scumtastic omgosh.
What is this in reference to?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Not Known 15
Seems to have become notably townier, I also liked his responses to my points when I voted him.
In post 540, Mister Rogers wrote:Everyone knows NK15 is scummy here and is the best vote for town.
You literally said this after voting for The worst...
It also wasn't even objectively true at the time. I'm thinking it's because he called you out on your bad posting the page before.

It might just be a playstyle thing but so many of MR's posts feel super disingenuous

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by Draynth »

Spoilered a few of the more recent examples.
They're somewhat consistent in the tone, but I can't get around the feeling that they're fake reactions
Spoiler: MR Posts
In post 544, Mister Rogers wrote:Dang I just realized what Worst did. I gave him slack for providing a town game after like pulling teeth and his response? Backstab me AND the town.

PEDIT: LOL DID YOU JUST SAY THAT WE LYNCH TO "ADVANCE THE GAME"??? We have an obvscum slot. Just you suggesting this is scummy.
In post 546, Mister Rogers wrote:Gosh this is so obvious and the only reason people listen to him is because he has that cute fuzzy yellow avi and everybody just doesn't care about the black eye!

Ok good people can read and they can see what you are doing. I will quit too. And ya I FLAIL my arms in the air saying what you are doing is not from town!
In post 498, Mister Rogers wrote:omgosh and now you are trolling me to get me to tilt. I hope Hugo comes back and votes you so we can get this travesty out of the way.
In post 466, Mister Rogers wrote:He is not helping us catch scum! Its because he are one!!!!!

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Draynth »

I mostly post Monday - Friday when I'm in work.
Sometimes I just have a hard time getting into games though, it usually picks up as it progresses in those cases. If you have any specific questions for me fire ahead.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 564, Mister Rogers wrote:One post:

Volx is not a scum suspect. It was a muse post about where scum probably reside due to the game flow. I stand by the fact that Volx is town.

The best vote for town is NK15 because he is clearly obvscum and as such he is a better lynch than someone who is not obvscum. The worst came up with this scumlogic idea of "advancing the game state" by lynching people like XX or Volx which is so scumtastic that yes, I voted him and am voting him. I still want to vote NK15 though unless we agree that Worst is scum for doing this.

Peace out.
why are you saying all of this while simultaneously voting the worst

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 592, Formerfish wrote:Towny:xx, infer, dray, worst
Null: Hugo
Scummy: volx, mr r., NK
Why am I town?
In post 594, volxen wrote:@Mister Rogers,
why do you think NK15 is the best lynch besides The Worst?
Because previously it sounded like you suspected that the scumteam might be Worst/Fish -- do you no longer believe that to be the case?
In post 597, Mister Rogers wrote:The Worst was HEAVILY suspected. If you didn't see that then you need to read it again.
You didn't answer the bolded part of his question.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:38 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 609, the worst wrote:
In post 607, Draynth wrote:Why am I town?
towny :lol:
Same difference :P
In post 609, the worst wrote: gamestate feels like you're town who feels on the outer because of the amount of nonsense going on imo

could easily be wrong here tho
Large sections of the game have been hard to parse so far tbh
In post 608, Formerfish wrote:
In post 607, Draynth wrote:Why am I town?
In my read through I remember your tone and how you were saying some of the stuff I was thinking. Looking at your iso I see flares, but there is also a lot of nothing in your iso upon 2nd look.

And you were towny, which means you are out the of null realm, but could be anywhere on that spectrum of town.
What do you mean by 'flares'
Where abouts on that spectrum do I lie (ly?)?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:54 am

Post by Draynth »

Why is different from

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 am

Post by Draynth »

I'm asking you (Mister Rogers) why seems like scum!TheWorst greeting a QT partner and does not, other than confirmation bias

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 611, the worst wrote:@Draynth,

sorry, saying "townie" was a meme that town is like probably 2% more likely to ask that question than scum hahaha

this game has been hard to parse for me too, and I've contributed like 100+ posts. I can kinda feel where your head's at a little. what's your feel on MR Formerfish and NK15 rn?
I'll get to this by the way, I'm not ignoring it

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Draynth »

Can you give some examples of this "invisible conversation look"?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 am

Post by Draynth »

Plot that question makes my head hurt

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Draynth »

Why are you pushing a townblock day 1

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Draynth »

Also regarding the tw / FF tinfoil stuff, idk it just looks like regular the worst to me. He's always that welcoming and does a lot of meta dives on people. I think you're reading into it too much

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:43 am

Post by Draynth »

That being said I feel as though I'm biased towards believing tw since we chat a lot, so I'd be interested in seeing what other people make of it.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Draynth »

Funnily enough I was about to make a similar point about MR's though process on NK15

He only starts talking about him being scummy after you (the worst) mention some stuff on NK15.

From what I can see he hasn't given any actual reasons for NK15 being "the best lynch for today" or cited
any
specific points from other people.
If I'm wrong with that conclusion
please
quote some of MR's posts that say otherwise.

His read progression on the slot is hella strange

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Draynth »

Thanks, I had been searching for NK15 in the ISO so missed that one (). My bad.

I still can't quite grasp how you go from being dead set on the worst being scum to repeatedly stating that NK15 is the best lynch for town and then not voting him though.
In my mind I'd either be trying really hard to get others to vote the worst, or just switch to NK15. It's like you're trying to get both of them lynched in the same day.

Regarding the cop check that tw proposed, that's objectively good town play I think. Cops should be looking to sort the middle ground players; players on other ends of the readslist will generally be sorted as the game progresses (towniest players get NK'd, scummiest players get lynched etc.)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Draynth »

I'm not actively giving him town points because we're friends, I'm saying I'm aware that I probably have a cognitive bias that affects my decision making.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Draynth »

I think they're different things, in my mind at least

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Draynth »

I disagree that it's been a 1v1

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Draynth »

Mobile posting before I go to sleep, the 'out of game consequences' thing was the worst saying he wanted to discuss something that happened once the game is finished.
Any communication about the game outside of this thread, or the mod created game related threads (dead thread, scum thread, IC confessional, mod thread) is strictly prohibited.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Draynth »

I'm fine with the hammer

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Draynth »

Why exactly are you advocating for a mass claim?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Draynth »

Not Neapolitan

Your turn xx

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:12 am

Post by Draynth »

Why exactly am I scum again?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Draynth »

I'm a VT

Policy lynch RC when I flip town.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Draynth »

Oh, NK15 is super scummy here btw

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (isolation #39) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
Just starting the wagon off for everyone

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Draynth »

Rc is a good enough player to know that although there are differences between this game and 1805 (a year ago) there are far more differences between this and my most recent scum game.
He's cherry picking.
Nobody challenged the "people telling others to hammer is a scumtell".

NK15 jumped on my wagon with 0 hesitation despite having spent the past few pages working through scum cases for different pairings.
The wagon in general formed far too quickly imo.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Draynth »

Hugo could be scum either.
idk I just wasn't able to get involved in this game. Happens sometimes unfortunately.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also, I feel as if RC would point out specific differences between this game and 1805 if he were actually town.
By just saying "The difference is night and day" he intentionally leaves it up to the person reading to find differences and think "That must be what RC meant!"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Draynth »

Maybe I'm just bitter, this is like the third time RC has replaced in and gotten me lynched the same day (as town btw)

It's also 3am and I need to go to sleep.
GL town

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (isolation #44) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by Draynth »

Thanks for modding Plot!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”